Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2022, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Many believe Mouth was a version of Mark. Monster most likely felt entitled to Hilarie for hiring her as lead actress and as a result, in his sick mind, his sexual advances should have been welcomed by Hilarie like she owed him for his supposed generosity.
Looking back on it, it's a minor miracle that Mark never had Mouth acted entitled to Peyton.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought it was completely unrealistic for Dan to still be around especially since he had confessed to murdering Keith. How in the world was he able to get out of prison? I also thought that a lot of the stories he was in were outlandish, like him and Rachel being married and hosting a talk show, or him being kidnapped and held as a prisoner by and then killing Nanny Carrie, and of course the dog eating the heart he was supposed to receive. He definitely outlived his usefulness on the show.
Same here, you can tell that they wanted to keep Paul on the show while having no idea to make that work in a way that didn't drag the show down like it did.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I do. I know the show is not known for being super realistic in many ways, but he was convicted of murder and there is no way he would have been able to get out when he did. It’s absolutely ridiculous how this played out. His storylines that followed were just stupid and a waste of time. I love the episode when he passes away and the beautiful spiritual elements that transpired. The episode was very well done but I believe it should’ve taken place at the end of season four, at the very latest, season five.
Yeah, if the show wanted to keep him around as they did, having him kill Keith was extremely stupid.
Old 04-09-2022, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Looking back on it, it's a minor miracle that Mark never had Mouth acted entitled to Peyton.
Yes! He had Psycho Derek go there though and the weird version of himself in exclusive scenes with Peyton/Hilarie.
Old 04-09-2022, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, if the show wanted to keep him around as they did, having him kill Keith was extremely stupid.
Indeed. Especially with the setting being a fictional town in North Carolina which would be as a rule, very conservative. I don't understand what the point was to kill off Keith in general. But if they wanted Paul to stick around, having his character murder and then get released is so ridiculous. Five years... he served only five years for murder. In the most liberal state in the US, no one serves five years only in prison unless you were found completely insane but you'd still be in a mental health hospital/facility for years and years (and maybe for life) until you were found sane enough to rejoin society. For most people, this is the equivalent of a life sentence.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-09-2022 at 06:30 AM
Old 04-09-2022, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

IDK, ive seen a lot murder cases/mysteries and people often get released early even with horrible things like rape and murder...

Quote:
What are they generally saying about Naley?
They like them. In season 1 they liked them a lot and thought Joy made him better, and they fawned over Nathan a few times. In season 2 they seem to understand both POVS but of course defend Haley a lot. They haven't gushed over them that much though. Not the way they do Jeyton. Meh. They also really liked Deb/Keith which is so weird lol. They have weird opinions, sorry.

Quote:
Which one of Brooke’s exes (excluding Lucas of course) would you say annoys you the most?
For me this is how I would rate her exes:
-Nick. Total skeez. He was a teacher hitting on a student. ick. That was a horrendous SL.
-Felix, I think we all know why. He was possessive and homophobic. They had ok chemistry during the FWB stuff but when it started to turn more serious, meh.
-Owen. He was fun in the beginning but then quickly turned into a bit of jerk the way that he just ghosted her after she decided to foster Sam. Not cool. Then he ended up sleeping with Millie. Not a good look.
-Mouth. Okay, so he wasn't really an ex of hers but he had feelings for her. I never warmed up to mouth and I thought his weird obsession with Brooke over the years was so weird. Plus, it was creepy that he just went and kissed her in season 4 without her consent.
-Chris. Okay, so this wasn't a relationship but they had a flirtation and slept together. I think it could have been decent if the show went there but I felt he had better chemistry with other people.
-Lucas. Love Lucas in season 1 but after that I kinda lost interest him in and only really liked him around Nathan, Haley and Peyton. But overwall was a nice guy with great moments, he just was not the one for Brooke at all. He never understood her.
-Julian. They were a good endgame ship. They had chemistry and understood each other. There were definitely annoying moments between them, but they fit.
-Chase. I personally liked Chase the best for Brooke. I found them super sweet in season 4 and wish that it had continued later in the series when they brought him back, but oh well.

Wont count the guys that were 1 episode flings lmao.

Quote:
I thought it was completely unrealistic for Dan to still be around especially since he had confessed to murdering Keith. How in the world was he able to get out of prison? I also thought that a lot of the stories he was in were outlandish, like him and Rachel being married and hosting a talk show, or him being kidnapped and held as a prisoner by and then killing Nanny Carrie, and of course the dog eating the heart he was supposed to receive. He definitely outlived his usefulness on the show.
All these sorylines were so ridiculous. The show had some really out there plots but looking back, they were nowhere near as bad as say... Riverdale lmao. The show just did NOT do villains well at all, they were always way too extreme and campy. I think Carrie, Psycho Derek and Psycho Katie were some of the worst storylines the show ever did! Dan/Rachel was pretty gross too.

With that said, I love Paul, so I didnt mind having Dan around. Of the adults I think he was the most fun to watch and I did sort of liek his semi/redemption arc in season 9. But i think we could have done mostly without him in seasons 5-8. He should have just been in jail. And then season 9 Sl could have been the same. Paul just plays him so well he makes him so likable.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes! He had Psycho Derek go there though and the weird version of himself in exclusive scenes with Peyton/Hilarie.
He really did, which sucks
Old 04-09-2022, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Indeed. Especially with the setting being a fictional town in North Carolina which would be as a rule, very conservative. I don't understand what the point was to kill off Keith in general. But if they wanted Paul to stick around, having his character murder and then get released is so ridiculous. Five years... he served only five years for murder. In the most liberal state in the US, no one serves five years only in prison unless you were found completely insane but you'd still be in a mental health hospital/facility for years and years (and maybe for life) until you were found sane enough to rejoin society. For most people, this is the equivalent of a life sentence.
That's true, but people have gotten out way too early in RL for murder though.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Interesting.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's true, but people have gotten out way too early in RL for murder though.
Really? You mean in other parts of the world? I have never seen that happen in the US. In the US, even in liberal states like Minnesota, you are not walking out the door after 5 years if you murder someone. If you receive a new trial and are found not guilty, that is one thing. But for a murder charge that sticks in the US, you are not doing only 5 years in any state in the US and can walk free after that. I was basing the OTH Dan storyline on the US since Tree Hill is a fictional town in NC which... NC is a very conservative state too so make it even more hilarious that Dan walked out after 5 years in a super red state. It would never in a million years happen.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Interesting.
Always wondered if something like that with Craig

Quote:
Really? You mean in other parts of the world? I have never seen that happen in the US. In the US, even in liberal states like Minnesota, you are not walking out the door after 5 years if you murder someone. If you receive a new trial and are found not guilty, that is one thing. But for a murder charge that sticks in the US, you are not doing only 5 years in any state in the US and can walk free after that. I was basing the OTH Dan storyline on the US since Tree Hill is a fictional town in NC which... NC is a very conservative state too so make it even more hilarious that Dan walked out after 5 years in a super red state. It would never in a million years happen.
In other parts of the world and the USA

Woody Harrelson's dad (who was a convicted hitman) got out of jail after 5 years for a murder he committed and I'm sure that's not the only time that happened.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
-Nick. Total skeez. He was a teacher hitting on a student. ick. That was a horrendous SL.
-Felix, I think we all know why. He was possessive and homophobic. They had ok chemistry during the FWB stuff but when it started to turn more serious, meh.
-Owen. He was fun in the beginning but then quickly turned into a bit of jerk the way that he just ghosted her after she decided to foster Sam. Not cool. Then he ended up sleeping with Millie. Not a good look.
-Mouth. Okay, so he wasn't really an ex of hers but he had feelings for her. I never warmed up to mouth and I thought his weird obsession with Brooke over the years was so weird. Plus, it was creepy that he just went and kissed her in season 4 without her consent.
-Chris. Okay, so this wasn't a relationship but they had a flirtation and slept together. I think it could have been decent if the show went there but I felt he had better chemistry with other people.
-Lucas. Love Lucas in season 1 but after that I kinda lost interest him in and only really liked him around Nathan, Haley and Peyton. But overwall was a nice guy with great moments, he just was not the one for Brooke at all. He never understood her.
-Julian. They were a good endgame ship. They had chemistry and understood each other. There were definitely annoying moments between them, but they fit.
-Chase. I personally liked Chase the best for Brooke. I found them super sweet in season 4 and wish that it had continued later in the series when they brought him back, but oh well.

Decent list

Brooke really deserved some better love interests outside of Julian, that's for sure.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
IDK, ive seen a lot murder cases/mysteries and people often get released early even with horrible things like rape and murder...
Yeah. It totally depends because money can buy you freedom or a weird technicality. But when you think about it generally speaking and taking the fictional Dan murdered Keith storyline in conservative NC getting out in 5 years is unheard of. LOL. Especially since he never fought the charges or there weren’t any unique circumstances.

Rape? Oh definitely… weird things happen in the criminal justice system, especially if you have money. Mostly that happens when you deny guilt and somehow a lawyer can get you off.

Quote:
They like them. In season 1 they liked them a lot and thought Joy made him better, and they fawned over Nathan a few times. In season 2 they seem to understand both POVS but of course defend Haley a lot. They haven't gushed over them that much though. Not the way they do Jeyton. Meh. They also really liked Deb/Keith which is so weird lol. They have weird opinions, sorry.
Sounds like it.

Quote:

LOL. I like that ranking. I really liked the potential of Brooke and Chase too. I was irritated when they got messed up. I also wanted them to continue later on in the series as adults. Even if they broke up and then found their way back to each other. I think ideally Brooke was looking for someone like Chase, a really good guy who would like her back. He made sense. No idea why they didn’t make it to the future years. I think it would have worked. I started disliking Chase in those later years too. He turned into an idiot. LOL.

Quote:
All these sorylines were so ridiculous. The show had some really out there plots but looking back, they were nowhere near as bad as say... Riverdale lmao. The show just did NOT do villains well at all, they were always way too extreme and campy. I think Carrie, Psycho Derek and Psycho Katie were some of the worst storylines the show ever did! Dan/Rachel was pretty gross too.

With that said, I love Paul, so I didnt mind having Dan around. Of the adults I think he was the most fun to watch and I did sort of liek his semi/redemption arc in season 9. But i think we could have done mostly without him in seasons 5-8. He should have just been in jail. And then season 9 Sl could have been the same. Paul just plays him so well he makes him so likable.
Like your thoughts.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Always wondered if something like that with Craig

In other parts of the world and the USA

Woody Harrelson's dad (who was a convicted hitman) got out of jail after 5 years for a murder he committed and I'm sure that's not the only time that happened.
You always have very rare circumstances but 95+ percent of the time it doesn’t happen in the United States.

Over the years, there have been thread after thread all across the Internet talking about how utterly ridiculous it was for Dan to have gotten out of a North Carolina conservative prison after five years for a crime he was found guilty of and never fought guilt or innocence. It’s a joke.

Quote:
But it gets worse when Dan only spends five years in prison for killing Keith in cold blood and covering it up. That's impossible. He should have gotten life in prison and maybe eligibility for parole after a couple decades.

Read More: https://www.thelist.com/186775/thing..._campaign=clip
Quote:
1. Dan Scott was let out of jail after only serving five years for committing FIRST-DEGREE MURDER.

I mean, I know there’s such a thing as time off for good behavior but, first-degree murder! That’s so beyond unrealistic it blows my mind. He literally confessed to the murder. He spent years being manipulative and evil, slowly ruining everyone’s lives and they just let him out. Unbelievable.
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/amp...rts-2478009811
North Carolina is even a death penalty state:

https://www.jcolaw.com/amp/first-degree-murder.html

It’s so beyond unrealistic. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-10-2022 at 11:17 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread