Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
The Resident

1.4: IDENTITY CRISIS

What a great episode.

Conrad was right, you don't take chances with head injuries. He was hard on the new nurse but she was an airhead even if mistakes happen, even bad mistakes.
True, but to be honest the nurse would have reacted better if the first doctor had not reprimanded her for taking mild pain for acute. Still in the end of the day the guy died and that sucks.

Quote:
The storyline with the old couple was full of cheese and probably took up a little too much time but it was nicely done. You just knew she'd have cancer. I like how this show isn't predictable, however. Yes, she had cancer but they saved her. I also like how age shouldn't matter. They treated her like a human, not someone getting on in years that they could be less passionate regarding treatment.
It was indeed cheesy and I was not super interested to be honest.

Quote:
Devon continues to be awesome. What a big thumping heart he has. His significant other is just as hot as he is, lol. Their scene in bed was adorable. She seems to have just as big of a heart as he does.
I enjoy them too . I wonder what his girlfriend is working.

Quote:
Nic is legit going all Emily Thorne on Hunter and I'm loving it. It's so obvious she's overdosing her patients on chemo to make money. When the chart didn't arrive right away, totally suspicious. Then Nic goes there and the guy at the front looked like a security officer. The place looks suspicious visually, let alone how everyone was behaving. That dude was secretive, rude, and cold. When Nic opened the door and took a look at 3030303030 patients receiving chemo at the same time... wow, alarm bells everywhere. Then her past college friend... the second she realized Nic was suspicious of where she worked she bailed but not before saying the good doctor makes her employees act all silent and private. Hello, more alarm bells. What really did it was the conversation between Hunter and Bell... they save lives, they should get the green as a result. It is about financial gain. The scenes between EVC and the woman who plays Hunter are outstanding. Blow you away acting between these two fine actresses.
I love this story so much because it reminds me a bit of mine . When you know that someone above you is doing something wrong you are just itching to learn more. I agree about the acting. Both actresses are awesome. I also loved the scene where Hunter said Conrad something like "Let's get on the same page". The delivery was so good.

Quote:
Also, Conrad realizes that he and Lane don't exactly see things eye to eye, too. Oh and glad the phone was found and the nurse everyone loves is back! Heartbreaking moment at the end when Conrad had to make that call to the mother of the deceased young man.
I wonder how Lane helped Conrad and what they were talking about.

Quote:
Mina continues to be amazing. I smile when she's on the screen. I've been feeling something between Mina and Feldman. We know from previous episodes he has a crush on her. I think I'd cheer for this dynamic should it go romantic or even just an awesome friendship. Their personalities kind of balance each other out... both very intelligent, one more emotional, one more conservative with emotions... they would meet each other in the middle. Didn't like Mina being benched but she handled it beautifully.
To be honest I do not like Feldman too much so I would prefer someone else for Mina, but most probably they would go there at some point.

Quote:
I think we have a break now... too bad. Upcoming moments look really good based on the preview.
Really? Why is there break?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love this story so much because it reminds me a bit of mine . When you know that someone above you is doing something wrong you are just itching to learn more. I agree about the acting. Both actresses are awesome. I also loved the scene where Hunter said Conrad something like "Let's get on the same page". The delivery was so good.
Dr. Hunter is played by a Greek/American actress named Melina Kanakaredes . I have always liked her acting and enjoyed her on a show called Providence many years ago!

Melina is easily mistaken for Lisa Edelstein. They hae a similar look.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
True, but to be honest the nurse would have reacted better if the first doctor had not reprimanded her for taking mild pain for acute. Still in the end of the day the guy died and that sucks.
What bothered me is what she was doing on her phone. You work in a serious environment like the ER you do not fool around with pictures. Do that on your break, especially when you're brand new. It was ridiculous.

Quote:
I can see the parallel.

Yes, the actresses are phenomenal together.

Quote:
To be honest I do not like Feldman too much so I would prefer someone else for Mina, but most probably they would go there at some point.
You just don't like his personality?

Should be interesting to see where it goes. I think they are hinting towards them but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Really? Why is there break?
Yeah, I heard there's a break but now when I look to see when the show returns, I can't seem the locate the return date!

As for why (if there even is a break)... I just think the time of the year? I know Supergirl is going on a longer break now due to the monster AK and that disaster. But even The Flash is going on a mild break. So I think this is just the time for shows to go on breaks maybe? Then again, The Resident is a Mid-Season replacement so not sure they'd follow the same formula.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Dr. Hunter is played by a Greek/American actress named Melina Kanakaredes . I have always liked her acting and enjoyed her on a show called Providence many years ago!
I've never seen her in anything before The Resident. She's great.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What bothered me is what she was doing on her phone. You work in a serious environment like the ER you do not fool around with pictures. Do that on your break, especially when you're brand new. It was ridiculous.
I agree with this. She was airhead for sure. And what I said does not excuse her behavior.

Quote:
I can see the parallel.
There is one for sure . The HR does act like Hunter to be honest. I just disagree with her just like Nic .

Quote:
Yes, the actresses are phenomenal together.
It's pure delight to watch them. Betty I have seen the actress in CSI New York I think. Well one of the CSI for sure.

Quote:
You just don't like his personality?
He is weird and not in the interesting way . His singing the previous episode was a bit too much for me. Like it was not any more serious than the airhead.

Quote:
Should be interesting to see where it goes. I think they are hinting towards them but I could be wrong.
I think that you have a point. I just would not enjoy them as I don't care about him at all.

Quote:
Yeah, I heard there's a break but now when I look to see when the show returns, I can't seem the locate the return date!

As for why (if they even is a break)... I just think the time of the year? I know Supergirl is going on a longer break due to that monster AK and that disaster. But even The Flash is going on a mild break. So I think this is just the time for show to do on break maybe? Then again, The Resident is a midseason replacement so not sure they'd follow that same formula.
Yeah, true . I hope that it's not a long break.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

When I look here it shows reruns in the short future:

The Resident TV Listings, TV Schedule and Episode Guide | TV Guide

But doesn't say when the next all new is?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree with this. She was airhead for sure. And what I said does not excuse her behavior.
I agree with what you said.

Quote:
There is one for sure . The HR does act like Hunter to be honest. I just disagree with her just like Nic .

Quote:
It's pure delight to watch them. Betty I have seen the actress in CSI New York I think. Well one of the CSI for sure.
Fireworks! Such talent and chemistry!

Quote:
He is weird and not in the interesting way . His singing the previous episode was a bit too much for me. Like it was not any more serious than the airhead.
Got it. I like weird (if it's not over the top) so I think I can tolerate it more.

Quote:
I think that you have a point. I just would not enjoy them as I don't care about him at all.
Got it.

Quote:
Yeah, true . I hope that it's not a long break.
Yeah!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

How did you feel about Bell and the surgery? I believe that he lied. Sure he had cases like he described, but I do not think that this happened in this particular case.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think 80% of what comes out of his mouth is a lie so I agree with you. I am not believing him.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think 80% of what comes out of his mouth is a lie so I agree with you. I am not believing him.
So we are on the same page.

You know I thought of something and now I wonder who is worse - Hunter or Bell. Bell wants to save life and lives still in the past when he was good. Yes, he is risking his patients' life to feed his ego.

Hunter is risking her patients' life for money.

I wonder what is worse.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

The show comes back February. 26
Old 02-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So we are on the same page.

You know I thought of something and now I wonder who is worse - Hunter or Bell. Bell wants to save life and lives still in the past when he was good. Yes, he is risking his patients' life to feed his ego.

Hunter is risking her patients' life for money.

I wonder what is worse.
Good question.

If I had to pick it’d be Hunter because of the numbers. When you saw the amount of people sick with cancer in that waiting room more than likely being overdosed... it’s pure evil. She’s poisoning them. It’s despicable.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
The show comes back February. 26
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Just realized why so many shows are going on breaks now... hello, Winter Olympics, lol.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not a fan of sports and sports just seem to keep taking such an importance in the world. I rather watch new episodes of all my shows! At least it gives me more time to watch Everwood.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread