Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

I feel like Bell has too much of an ego to make the correct decision. He likes the feeling of surgeon so much that he wants to keep his position even though he knows that he can't do it.

And actually the death threat is not just a potential one. He killed someone in the Pilot and judging by Nic's and Conrad's reactions it was not the first time.

His actions do not just make him selfish. They make him murderer. He knows very well that he risks the lives of his patients when he is operating.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Has anyone seen last night's episode? I haven't watched it yet but will watch shortly.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Resident

1.4: IDENTITY CRISIS

What a great episode.

Conrad was right, you don't take chances with head injuries. He was hard on the new nurse but she was an airhead even if mistakes happen, even bad mistakes.

The storyline with the old couple was full of cheese and probably took up a little too much time but it was nicely done. You just knew she'd have cancer. I like how this show isn't predictable, however. Yes, she had cancer but they saved her. I also like how age shouldn't matter. They treated her like a human, not someone getting on in years that they could be less passionate regarding treatment.

Devon continues to be awesome. What a big thumping heart he has. His significant other is just as hot as he is, lol. Their scene in bed was adorable. She seems to have just as big of a heart as he does.

Nic is legit going all Emily Thorne on Hunter and I'm loving it. It's so obvious she's overdosing her patients on chemo to make money. When the chart didn't arrive right away, totally suspicious. Then Nic goes there and the guy at the front looked like a security officer. The place looks suspicious visually, let alone how everyone was behaving. That dude was secretive, rude, and cold. When Nic opened the door and took a look at 3030303030 patients receiving chemo at the same time... wow, alarm bells everywhere. Then her past college friend... the second she realized Nic was suspicious of where she worked she bailed but not before saying the good doctor makes her employees act all silent and private. Hello, more alarm bells. What really did it was the conversation between Hunter and Bell... they save lives, they should get the green as a result. It is about financial gain. The scenes between EVC and the woman who plays Hunter are outstanding. Blow you away acting between these two fine actresses.

Also, Conrad realizes that he and Lane don't exactly see things eye to eye, too. Oh and glad the phone was found and the nurse everyone loves is back! Heartbreaking moment at the end when Conrad had to make that call to the mother of the deceased young man.

Mina continues to be amazing. I smile when she's on the screen. I've been feeling something between Mina and Feldman. We know from previous episodes he has a crush on her. I think I'd cheer for this dynamic should it go romantic or even just an awesome friendship. Their personalities kind of balance each other out... both very intelligent, one more emotional, one more conservative with emotions... they would meet each other in the middle. Didn't like Mina being benched but she handled it beautifully.

I think we have a break now... too bad. Upcoming moments look really good based on the preview.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-06-2018 at 11:24 AM
Old 02-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ratings improvement for The Resident:

TV Ratings Monday: ‘The Wall’ gets higher, ‘The Bachelor’ and ‘The Good Doctor’ lead – TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Has anyone seen last night's episode? I haven't watched it yet but will watch shortly.
Thanks for reminding me. I will try to watch it later today or tomorrow .
Old 02-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

I am not sure if it's good enough for Fox to be honest. What do you think?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I am not sure if it's good enough for Fox to be honest. What do you think?
It is. Except for empire and 9-1-1 everything else is in the 1.0-1.3 range.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
thanks for reminding me. I will try to watch it later today or tomorrow .
No problem!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It is. Except for empire and 9-1-1 everything else is in the 1.0-1.3 range.
That's great news. I'm not at all familiar with how FOX works as far as ratings are concerned (good versus bad #s) as well as how much patience/loyalty they have with their shows. Unless I'm missing a show, I don't think I've watched another show on FOX since The OC.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
That's great news. I'm not at all familiar with how FOX works as far as ratings are concerned (good versus bad #s) as well as how much patience/loyalty they have with their shows. Unless I'm missing a show, I don't think I've watched another show on FOX since The OC.
They have gotten much better with supporting their shows in the past four or five years.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They have gotten much better with supporting their shows in the past four or five years.
That's great to hear. Good for our show then.

Do you know when we might know if the show is picked up either for the full season (or is it already?) or for a possible next season?
Old 02-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Resident

Quote:
What a great episode.
Agree!!

Quote:
Conrad was right, you don't take chances with head injuries. He was hard on the new nurse but she was an airhead even if mistakes happen, even bad mistakes.
Unreal! She was a cartoon caricature of an airhead!

Quote:
The storyline with the old couple was full of cheese and probably took up a little too much time but it was nicely done. You just knew she'd have cancer. I like how this show isn't predictable, however. Yes, she had cancer but they saved her. I also like how age shouldn't matter. They treated her like a human, not someone getting on in years that they could be less passionate regarding treatment.
Really sweet story. I'm glad she made it!
Quote:
Devon continues to be awesome. What a big thumping heart he has. His significant other is just as hot as he is, lol. Their scene in bed was adorable. She seems to have just as big of a heart as he does.
They really are a beautiful couple inside and out. They're very supportive of each other. Wonder if they're married.

Quote:
Nic is legit going all Emily Thorne on Hunter and I'm loving it. It's so obvious she's overdosing her patients on chemo to make money. When the chart didn't arrive right away, totally suspicious. Then Nic goes there and the guy at the front looked like a security officer. The place looks suspicious visually, let alone how everyone was behaving. That dude was secretive, rude, and cold. When Nic opened the door and took a look at 3030303030 patients receiving chemo at the same time... wow, alarm bells everywhere. Then her past college friend... the second she realized Nic was suspicious of where she worked she bailed but not before saying the good doctor makes her employees act all silent and private. Hello, more alarm bells. What really did it was the conversation between Hunter and Bell... they save lives, they should get the green as a result. It is about financial gain. The scenes between EVC and the woman who plays Hunter are outstanding. Blow you away acting between these two fine actresses.
This is a really interesting storyline. That clinic gave me the chills. And everytime Dr. Hunter talks to Nic I get the chills. Just looking at Nic's face after she talks to Hunter gives me the chills. Nic definitely has that look! Yes..very Emily Thorne-like.

I'm trying to figure out what Conrad's connection to Dr. Hunter is. There's definitely something there.

Quote:
Also, Conrad realizes that he and Lane don't exactly see things eye to eye, too. Oh and glad the phone was found and the nurse everyone loves is back! Heartbreaking moment at the end when Conrad had to make that call to the mother of the deceased young man.
I was practically screaming at the TV telling everyone to look on the floor! lol Yes...every parent's nightmare getting a call like that.
Quote:
Mina continues to be amazing. I smile when she's on the screen. I've been feeling something between Mina and Feldman. We know from previous episodes he has a crush on her. I think I'd cheer for this dynamic should it go romantic or even just an awesome friendship. Their personalities kind of balance each other out... both very intelligent, one more emotional, one more conservative with emotions... they would meet each other in the middle. Didn't like Mina being benched but she handled it beautifully.
I love Mina. I love her moxey and arrogance. Love when she said under her breath, "I don't have anything to learn." Now..that's confidence.

Bell is able to successfully perform surgery now, but this is not going to last. Something is going to happen for sure. I was watching his latest surgery with baited breath.

I sure hope this show gets renewed. I love it!!
Old 02-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The Resident

Agree!!

Unreal! She was a cartoon caricature of an airhead!
LOL She was. It was really irritating. Who sends pictures like that on your phone when you're working in such a serious environment? Idiot.

Quote:
Really sweet story. I'm glad she made it!
Me too!

Quote:
They really are a beautiful couple inside and out. They're very supportive of each other. Wonder if they're married.
I wonder too. I mentioned we know nothing about Bell and suddenly he explains he's been married twice, lol. Hopefully we will get to know their personal lives much more in the coming episodes.

Quote:
This is a really interesting storyline. That clinic gave me the chills. And everytime Dr. Hunter talks to Nic I get the chills. Just looking at Nic's face after she talks to Hunter gives me the chills. Nic definitely has that look! Yes..very Emily Thorne-like.

I'm trying to figure out what Conrad's connection to Dr. Hunter is. There's definitely something there.
There has to be some sort of connection. Maybe Conrad and Dr. Hunter bent the rules one one case but Conrad, deep down, doesn't know the real Dr. Hunter.

The clinic looked cult-like, almost. The dude at the front and the nurse Nick knew were like robots basically. It was really scary. Emily Thorne is going to break the case open.

Quote:
I was practically screaming at the TV telling everyone to look on the floor! lol Yes...every parent's nightmare getting a call like that.
I know. So sad how the mom was texting to see if her son was okay. Heartbreaking!

Quote:
I love Mina. I love her moxey and arrogance. Love when she said under her breath, "I don't have anything to learn." Now..that's confidence.
I love her too!

Quote:
Bell is able to successfully perform surgery now, but this is not going to last. Something is going to happen for sure. I was watching his latest surgery with baited breath.
I was feeling the same thing! I was so scared he was going to cut something he shouldn't, especially since they highlighted what a delicate surgery it would be too!

The Bell story is not going to have a nice ending.

Quote:
I sure hope this show gets renewed. I love it!!
Me too!
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
That's great to hear. Good for our show then.

Do you know when we might know if the show is picked up either for the full season (or is it already?) or for a possible next season?
May upfronts
Old 02-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
May upfronts
Okay, thanks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread