Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

Though I'm sure when I was a little tyke, I could have done that too. I can't confirm or deny. LOL
I think all kids have done this .

Quote:
Yes, for as Introverted as I am, I loved playing sports. I just think it was because it was my art. I have few talents but sports is one of them or the only one, haha. For that reason, I enjoyed being around people in order to go with some God-given ability. Does that make me a Sports Extrovert? Nope, just crazy.
That's the thing. You don't mind doing it if you are good at it. I don't mind singing for audience and I've done it as 7/8 years old kid because I love it. Something that I suck at it - no thank you. I think that it's the same with you and sports. Once you are good at something you have no problem showing it to people because you enjoy it and you don't mind the people around you. When you are not good at it, you don't enjoy it that much and you can't isolate yourself.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I think all kids have done this .
You're right.

Quote:
That's the thing. You don't mind doing it if you are good at it. I don't mind singing for audience and I've done it as 7/8 years old kid because I love it. Something that I suck at it - no thank you. I think that it's the same with you and sports. Once you are good at something you have no problem showing it to people because you enjoy it and you don't mind the people around you. When you are not good at it, you don't enjoy it that much and you can't isolate yourself.
You're right, that makes so much sense. You are a good singer, huh? Awesome. I suck at singing. LOL Do you still sing now and if so, what kind of songs do you like to sing?

Counties and cities are already flashing at the bottom of the TV screen regarding severe weather that is coming our way. It is so humid right now, along with the overcast skies. You just know the rain and severe thunderstorms are coming to sort out this very unsettled combination of weather.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

You're right, that makes so much sense. You are a good singer, huh? Awesome. I suck at singing. LOL Do you still sing now and if so, what kind of songs do you like to sing?
Well I'm for sure not the best singer out there , but I definitely don't suck. I have about two octaves range however my register is kinda low so I'm more at ease singing some male songs than female ones. I sing whenever I have time and I'm in the mood. I even bought microphone myself to sing at home. I'm amateur because I've never gone to singing course, but I love to sing. I sing whatever I can. I sing mostly Spanish songs and traditional Bulgarian songs. Also some American ballads. Singing helps you learning foreign languages btw. It helps you with pronunciation. I could sing this one for example:

(I love this song)

In elementary school I participated in all concerts about certain holidays. I was in the choir, but I also had at least 2 solo songs. I started about 3 grade. In high school I didn't have time to dedicate to music. I was busy with my studies, so singing remained my hobby. Now I watch from time to time some online tutorials about singing techniques.

Quote:
Counties and cities are already flashing at the bottom of the TV screen regarding severe weather that is coming our way. It is so humid right now, along with the overcast skies. You just know the rain and severe thunderstorms are coming to sort out this very unsettled combination of weather.
Oh oh that is not good.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very very beautiful song, Koni. You sound very talented and I'd love to hear you singing that song.

Michelle
, it's very humid here as well and we're expecting rain for the rest of the week and weekend.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Nah not that talented, I just can sing this song because it's traditional song for us. It's part of our culture so I guess it felt natural. I do love the song though because it's really soft and shows the beauty both in male and female voices.

Can you sing Betty? My grandmother could sing and when I was a kid we would used to sing together. We still do it sometimes. I think that it's fun and bonding in the same time.

I actually had some recording of that song (I have recording software). I still need to polish some things though because I sing the male and female parts differently (according to their register). So it's not totally ready yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love that song! I wish we could hear you sing.

Betty, be glad you don't get the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes with the humidity. That is what I hate, this tornado belt crap. We are sandwiched between the southern air and Canadian air. Today, though, the severe thunderstorms brewing missed us or the Twin Cities area. It is now around Stillwater, Minnesota/Hudson, Wisconsin, so it's east of the Twin Cities and we aren't getting anything else tonight thankfully. I just heard that there's still a small portion of people without power in the Twin Cities area from the storms the past week and a half. Unreal.

The good news is the humidity is shipping out of here for the next several days. Drier air tomorrow! I guess because the humidity is all going your way, Betty.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

I could record myself, but it won't be this week because I have no time for this. Don't expect something unique though. It just won't suck completely .

Ah that sucks about the tornadoes. Here it's raining now all night and day. I even wake up from the raining. It was so loud and strong.

After 2 hours we leave the office and head out to the beach. Until then I'm setting up the new computer they gave me at work. "So fun". I hate this. The most annoying part of getting new computer is setting up the work environment.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

YAY, looking forward to the recording! Yes, take your time, but still, I can't wait.

Oh yes, I can see how annoying and tedious it would be setting up the computer/work environment. It's something you know like the back of your hand, but it's still time consuming and procedural.

I hope you have fun at the beach/hotel!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

My sister has decided to take a 'National Park' trip through Tennessee and Kentucky this October, and no one else will go with her, so I told her I'd do it. I've always wanted to see Mammoth Cave anyway.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sounds like so much fun, Alan! How long will you go? You are going to Nashville, right? It's a wonderful city! I love it. You could even tour Loretta Lynn's Ranch if you were in the area! Tours | Loretta Lynn Ranch I would love to do that. I've been to Nashville (love it) but haven't been to my all time favorite country singers ranch just yet.

You guys will have a blast! So awesome that you are going with your sister.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know if we're going to Nashville, but I know we're going to Memphis. My sister has this passport type book that you can get stamped at each National Park site, and she's trying to get as many as she can in there. She gave me her 'itinerary' and it includes the Little Rock High School (in Arkansas); Mammoth Cave and Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace (both in Kentucky); George Rogers Clark NHP and Lincoln's Boyhood home (in Indiana); and the Jefferson National Expansion, Ulysses S. Grant NHS, Wilson's Creek NB, and George Washington Carver Memorial all in Missouri.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Alan how neat!!! Sounds like a blast!

Did you know Bill Clinton's boyhood home is in Hot Springs? You're not allowed to do tours but you can stop on your way to LR and take a picture at least. And HS is a Nat'l Park so she can probably get a "stamp" there too.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That is so cool! I wish I was going too! LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, at first she was like "We can make it a long weekend," of which I wanted no part. Now she's decided to take at least a week, so I'm back on board.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)

Can you sing Betty? My grandmother could sing and when I was a kid we would used to sing together. We still do it sometimes. I think that it's fun and bonding in the same time.
I have a horrible voice and that's why I admire anyone who can sing!

Michelle, We don't usually get the tornadoes with the humidity, but often a severe thunderstorm after a real humid day.

Alan, that sounds wonderful! And nice bonding time with you sister.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread