Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Awe, that is so cute, though, Shu!

When will they return home? Is it possible for you to take a little trip over to the cottage or are they too far away?

Everything about you always screams how great of a mother you are and how much you love your children. It is precious. <3

Alan, LOL about the Twinkies. This actually is really good news. Those little cakes contain a billion grams of fat but what is America without the return of Twinkies? All is right in the USA now.
Thank you ... that's so sweet of you to say. They're about four hours away. I'm going up for Canada day weekend.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Thank you ... that's so sweet of you to say. They're about four hours away. I'm going up for Canada day weekend.
Great! Four hours is a great little ride. I bet they miss you just as much as you miss them even if they are having fun.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Ok now I'm fully available here to read what was posted in the last few days.

Betty sounds like you had awesome time. Is Nadine going to stay a bit to spend time with you after the wedding?

Michelle how is the weather? Did you have some storms?

We had as usual last night, but not that serious like you have. Just wild thunderstorms and raining. No fallen trees though so it's definitely not bad as you. I hope that it's fine now in your country now.

Shu you are a great mother which is why you feel this way. I'm sure that they miss you too.

Lol about the twinkles.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
O
Betty sounds like you had awesome time. Is Nadine going to stay a bit to spend time with you after the wedding?
She staying in the US until July 18th.

Quote:
Shu you are a great mother which is why you feel this way. I'm sure that they miss you too.

I guess I wasn't a good mother because I welcomed periodic breaks from my kids.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

You both sound awesome mothers. I think that people are just different and so are you two which is why you dealt with the absence of your kids differently.

What counts though is that your kids love you. I think that this is judgement enough what kind of parents you are.

That's cool Betty. You will be able to spend time with her. I'm sure that you are happy about this too because with her living in Netherlands you can't see each other that often. Did she say how was the wedding?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did she say how was the wedding?
She's not back yet. She'll return tomorrow. I can't wait to find out about the wedding.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
She staying in the US until July 18th.

I guess I wasn't a good mother because I welcomed periodic breaks from my kids.
don't get me wrong it's nice to have the break. It's just my first big break from them. I'm used to 2-3 days. But, 2weeks is hard. I think it would be easier if I was working, but I'm not.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
don't get me wrong it's nice to have the break. It's just my first big break from them. I'm used to 2-3 days. But, 2weeks is hard. I think it would be easier if I was working, but I'm not.
You're right about that! Two weeks is pretty long.

As far as working is concerned...I've got today, Tue, and Wed, and then...SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Ah Betty you will get to rest a bit! That's awesome! Any big plans for the summer?

Shu 2 weeks is definitely a lot and even more since you don't work.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
Michelle how is the weather? Did you have some storms?
Thanks for asking.

Saturday/Sunday morning was not rough at all. We didn't get what they predicted. Things have calmed down. Everyone has power back in the area. Those three days were horrible, though. In the past, I don't remember having three days of severe weather like that in a row.

Shu, your kids are pretty young still and it is literally a half a month we are talking about. My mom would feel the same way. My sister misses my older niece when she's gone for a weekend at a friends house a couple miles away and she's 13! lol She says the break feels good for about a night but then she starts missing her. She feels stupid but she can't help it. I find it cute and endearing. A mother's love is special.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for asking.

Saturday/Sunday morning was not rough at all. We didn't get what they predicted. Things have calmed down. Everyone has power back in the area. Those three days were horrible, though. In the past, I don't remember having three days of severe weather like that in a row.
Glad that it's over. Are they predicting anything like that this week? I hope not. Three days is enough!

Quote:
Shu, your kids are pretty young still and it is literally a half a month we are talking about. My mom would feel the same way. My sister misses my older niece when she's gone for a weekend at a friends house a couple miles away and she's 13! lol She says the break feels good for about a night but then she starts missing her. She feels stupid but she can't help it. I find it cute and endearing. A mother's love is special.
You have a point. A parent would definitely miss their young (and not so young because no matter how old we are we are always kids to our parents) kids if they are gone for half of month.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Glad that it's over. Are they predicting anything like that this week? I hope not. Three days is enough!
I know! There's severe weather threats today, Tuesday, Wednesday but Thursday through the weekend looks to be calm.

Do you guys ever get severe weather in the summer with the trees going down and that type of stuff?

Quote:
You have a point. A parent would definitely miss their young (and not so young because no matter how old we are we are always kids to our parents) kids if they are gone for half of month.
Precisely.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

The only severe weather we get in the summer is dry heat and we get a lot of fires in the surrounding areas of town and in other little towns in the state. Right now, we've been getting a lot of rain and winds. It cleared up and got warm, and now it's back down to the 50's and 60s and raining. In the high 80s by the weekend. You just never know around here!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Haha! I would love your weather, Twin. I would love all the rain (light rain) you get, not to mention the beautiful scenery. Dry heat in the summer is heavenly. I could get used to that really quickly!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know! There's severe weather threats today, Tuesday, Wednesday but Thursday through the weekend looks to be calm.
That sucks. Fingers crossed that there will be nothing serious.
Quote:
Do you guys ever get severe weather in the summer with the trees going down and that type of stuff?
No here the thunderstorms are the dangerous thing. People shouldn't be on the street in this moment because they could be severely injured. And of course there is the money factor because a lot of technical widgets suffer from these storms. Luckily it's rare when there are casualties. Oh yes and of course people that live near by river could get flooded because here it rains a lot.

Luckily so far it's nothing serious here.

I'm having the beach/soccer trip this week so now I'm packing my stuff. Well we go there on Thursday but I prefer to handle it earlier because waiting till the last moment (just like I did for the technical seminar) wasn't optimal for me. I was too tired and I had to sleep only 4 hours to pack my stuff. So now I'm starting earlier.