Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

102 on Monday and 104 on Tuesday. By the weekend, it will be back down to low 80s.

We had a massive lightning storm this morning with little thunder and rain. It was really weird. When I woke up, the sky was orange and everything had this glow. Then it went away and went dark but there were some blue skies and sun shining through in other areas. Massive lightning. Some of the most extreme I have personally seen. It's cleared up but they say we could have severe thunderstorms this afternoon.

We have a massive 3 on 3 basketball tournaments all through downtown today. An annual thing called Hoopfest. It's supposed to be in the 90s today, so I hope some slight rain we get will help cool off the players.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Alan, that cathedral looks beautiful! Have you figured out other places you will be going?

Twin, that lightning storm sounds amazing! I have never experienced something like that before!

Wow about the temps! Is it humid with those temps or at least somewhat dry?

Who plays in the BB tournament? Sounds awesome!

I just got back from boating with a few friends. We went to a very nice lake. My lawyer friend lives right off of this lake (Zach Parise lives off of it, too) so when we drove by there, we all waved and she could see us.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Twin, it was real humid and mucky yesterday with that kind of weather and temps. I hate that. It cleared up and the sun came. Today, it is blue skies and sunny and currently pushing 90. Late afternoon, when it's at it's hottest, is when the sun makes it's way around and shines down right on my front window. It's like a sauna. Over in Seattle, my one sister there said yesterday that it was 87 in her house. At the warmest, It usually gets to the low to mid 80s in mine.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow! What does this coming week look like for you, weather-wise?

How far are you from Seattle, Twin?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So tomorrow is canada and its been a fun two days. Lots of kids/adults in and out of here. They decided to come down here instead of staying at the cottage due to the weather. It's super humid there. Anyways hoping to go down with the kids to parliament hill and get their face painted and stuff.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Hello guys! I just got back home from the trip.
How are you? I hope that the weather didn't suck that much for you.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, Koni!! The weather for me this weekend was off and on showers, but not enough to ruin my weekend. Plus...I am with my girls.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Alan, that cathedral looks beautiful! Have you figured out other places you will be going?

Twin, that lightning storm sounds amazing! I have never experienced something like that before!

Wow about the temps! Is it humid with those temps or at least somewhat dry?

Who plays in the BB tournament? Sounds awesome!

I just got back from boating with a few friends. We went to a very nice lake. My lawyer friend lives right off of this lake (Zach Parise lives off of it, too) so when we drove by there, we all waved and she could see us.
Just that for right now. Well, that and I know we're going to a BBQ place while we're in Memphis.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Shu, that sounds like fun! Have fun with your kiddies.

Hi, Koni! How was it?!

Weather was somewhat humid but I was on the water all weekend long so that was pretty fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Just that for right now. Well, that and I know we're going to a BBQ place while we're in Memphis.
What BBQ place? Yum, that sounds delicious! Where are you guys staying? Will you plan the hotels in advance or play it by ear?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Mmmm, BBQ.

Welcome back, Koni. Our weather was very nice this weekend. Highs in the 80s, low humidity, breezy - definitely did not feel like the beginning of summer in AR.

I dropped Jacob off at my parents' yesterday afternoon. He's going to help my dad in the garden every morning. He's looking so forward to it, so cute. Hubby will pick him up Wednesday evening after work.

Dana and I are going to go have lunch at a friend's house this afternoon, and then she and the daughter are going to see Monsters U.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Taryn, Betty and Michelle.

Good that you didn't have severe storms these days.

I had tiring trip. We arrived Thursday evening and went for dinner plus watching Spain/Italy semi final from the Confederations Cup and had calm night - only till 1 am. However I hadn't slept the night before (only 3 hours) so I was either way tired by that time.

On Friday the boys played their first game and they won with 4:3. It was real battle. The opponents started better and scored two fast goals that we had to equalize. We did so in the first part, but they scored fast goal in the second part too and till the end of the second part we tried to score a goal. Well we managed to score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes and won the game.

I skipped the bar going this night because I had to sleep at least 4 hours to wake up in 5:30 am to watch the volleyball game. As you could imagine our boys party hard, so hard that the first game that they had around 9:40 am was impossible for them. Some of them don't even remember playing this game. We lost with 3:1. Then we tied in the second game and won the last one with 7:4. As a result we ended third in our group (we had the same points with the second one, but worse points ratio) and didn't qualify for the semi finals. So we ended 5th (from 9 teams). Well this happens when they want to party and play in the same time.

After the games we went for dinner and then bar and then we talked till 5:30 am and then we watched the second volleyball game. So yes I didn't sleep Saturday night. Yesterday we had calmer day. The weather was bad and we couldn't go to the beach so I used the time to take some needed nap. Then we went for dinner and waited to be 1 am to watch the Confederations cup final between Spain and Brazil. So I slept 4 hours last night. In a nutshell I just didn't sleep that much these days. So now I'm tired and wait a bit to go to bed and sleep till tomorrow morning .

Now I'm so tired, but hey I have tan and it was fun. These days were filled with sport emotions and beach fun. Unfortunately I'm back at work tomorrow.

P.S: I have some recording that doesn't suck totally . It's in English so you will have to excuse my poor pronunciation. If someone wants to hear it however I will have to send you via email so contact me via PM.

Last edited by secretk; 07-01-2013 at 09:21 AM
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sounds like a great trip even though you lacked tons of sleep! LOL About the guys playing tipsy/drunk. And yes, I would love to hear the audio! I will PM! How was the hotel? Was it as nice and it appears?

Taryn, have fun today!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Shu, that sounds like fun! Have fun with your kiddies.

Hi, Koni! How was it?!

Weather was somewhat humid but I was on the water all weekend long so that was pretty fun.

What BBQ place? Yum, that sounds delicious! Where are you guys staying? Will you plan the hotels in advance or play it by ear?
I don't have a specific one. I just know that Memphis has good BBQ places, and I'm not eating at the KFC like my dad had to when he stayed there with his church group a few years ago.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't have a specific one. I just know that Memphis has good BBQ places, and I'm not eating at the KFC like my dad had to when he stayed there with his church group a few years ago.
lol Yes, I hear you. You will certainly find some great BBQ.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I just know that Memphis has good BBQ places, and I'm not eating at the KFC like my dad had to when he stayed there with his church group a few years ago.
My dad would eat at Sonic or Western Sizzlin' every time he "went out to eat" if he had any say in the matter.