Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2021, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This present rewatch has made me feel for Andy even more than usual. I always knew he never had it easy but this rewatch has highlighted how much he battles that goes beyond just becoming a good father:

1. Julia’s passing
2. Becoming an everyday father to his children even though he was still an excellent provider in NYC and he never cheated or did anything wrong outside of being a big time neurosurgeon
3. His heart must have crushed finding out Julia cheated on him
4. Dealing with his career change (which has to be a huge change)
5. Change of scenery
6. Going from liberal NYC to very conservative Everwood
7. Madisongate, Ephram bailing for a while out of the country
8. His extended family and drama on both sides
9. The ENTIRE Colin storyline and the pressures of not letting down an entire town, the Abbotts, his family while respecting the Harts/Colin’s wishes/backlash after Home

I’m probably missing a couple things too. I honestly think he had the most stressful moments in the entire series. What’s interesting is many fans only focus on the NYC neurosurgeon and handling of Madisongate and forget about everything else he had to endure, especially the Colin story.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-25-2021 at 09:14 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Excellent points, and add to that how the entire town, and Amy, blamed him for Colin's death. He was pretty much ostracized by everyone in the town with the exception of Nina and Harold for a while after Colin died.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, I just included that with 9.

In my review I mentioned after the first surgery Andy’s getting thanks yous from everyone, especially Harold, a hug and kiss from Amy, Ephram proud of his father. As a result you just KNEW it wouldn’t last and some bomb would drop for Andy. This is just how his story was going and the pattern was already too clear. You knew it wouldn’t last and sure enough. Look at how he needed to fight stupid Jake until the very end for Nina, which was so ridiculous since everyone knew it was Andy/Nina. He just never had it easy. Some of it was his own doing (he should have realized his feelings for Nina way before he did) but some of it was bad circumstances constantly thrown in his way.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Andy also got accused of cheating on Julia by Ephram, when in fact Julia had cheated on him. He really never got a break.

Yes, he was a workaholic neurosurgeon in New York who neglected his family, but he was never a bad husband or a bad father, or a bad person for that matter, but he had to put up with so much after losing Julia.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-25-2021, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, not only did he try to hide Julia’s cheating for as long as possible from Ephram (I do wonder if Julia’s parents knew she cheated on Andy) but he also tried to hide Colin’s wishes and the promise he made to Colin as well. If Amy wouldn’t have found out, Andy probably would’ve kept that secret forever.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:26 PM
Administrator

How did Amy find out? I forget.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
How did Amy find out? I forget.
In 2.1, Amy had Colin’s laptop. She finds an untitled folder, opens the file, hears Colin’s voice and the entire thing Colin put together officially telling Dr. Brown not to officially prolong his life if he developed an irreversible, incurable condition.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
In 2.1, Amy had Colin’s laptop. She finds an untitled folder, opens the file, hears Colin’s voice and the entire thing Colin put together officially telling Dr. Brown not to officially prolong his life if he developed an irreversible, incurable condition.
Ah, okay, thanks. She still blamed Andy though and she told Ephram that she didn't want to be with him because he was Andy's son, correct?

Old 02-25-2021, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ah, okay, thanks. She still blamed Andy though and she told Ephram that she didn't want to be with him because he was Andy's son, correct?
Yes, she flipped out due to anger and confusion. She sort of told Ephram that but not officially like she cut him off. Her depression was in full swing at this point. But then again, her depression existed throughout S1 and it wasn’t treated which is a shame.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, she flipped out due to anger and confusion. She sort of told Ephram that but not officially like she cut him off. Her depression was in full swing at this point. But then again, her depression existed throughout S1 and it wasn’t treated which is a shame.
Thanks for the reminder. Those early Season Two episodes are going to be tough to watch, and the Madison episodes will be even worse!

Old 02-25-2021, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder. Those early Season Two episodes are going to be tough to watch, and the Madison episodes will be even worse!
Agreed. I’m not looking forward to seeing Madison

Season 2 is a brilliant season. Zero sophomore slump occurred on Everwood. Quality is off the charts. But I think it’s clearly the toughest season to watch for multiple reasons. Madison, Madisongate, Amy’s depression, Linda’s HIV, and the lack of Ephram/Amy scenes in the middle of the season until we get rewarded during the last third of Season 2.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:49 PM
Administrator

I agree that Season Two was a brilliant season, but introducing the character of Madison was a huge mistake, from the minute we met her in Season Two until Madisongate exploded in Season Three. I wish they had never brought her character on the show.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, Madison was by far the biggest mistake of the series.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, Madison was by far the biggest mistake of the series.
Exactly, and we were never allowed to be rid of her.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry I havent replied to any posts I am swamped with work this week UGH. Can it be April now?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread