Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Things, I hope are getting a bit better. March is a really exhausting and hard month to conquer...damn 31 days. I did something today that I've been meaning to do for a while, just had to get the courage to do it and now it's out of my hands and hopefully it works for the best. If not...not really sure what the future holds
I hope everything works out.

Quote:
I feel like Everwood has a major shift when Colin wakes up from his coma. The entire series, thus far, has been will Colin ever wake up, will Colin ever get better, will Colin ever be Colin again. Now our questions may be answered, will he wake up and will he get better? I think, as I pointed out before that Everwood is built into sections around Colin that now we are in the next phase of Colin and how it affects everyone else. Colin isn't just a boy every fawned over in Everwood, he's kind of like the main character who is driving Amy's story which is of course connected to Ephram and also Bright's story because of him being guilt ridden for the one driving the truck. Andy operated on him, Harold and Rose are Amy's parents. Colin is the inner circle that is Everwood...up to this point.
This is so true. So well said. He really is a main character yet was not on the screen that much. It is similar to how Julia was used. Julia dies in the Pilot episode and yet she plays a large role. Both Colin and Julia in many ways are the two that pulled the Browns and the Abbotts together (plus Nina) while both families healed in many ways as well.

Quote:
I always wondered how Bright got to be, in the beginning, kind of aloof to all that was going on. Is it because his family was so intense about what was going on in their lives. It's nice to have comedic relief every now and then, but Bright seemed to never take anything seriously, that things were just going to work themselves out. Was that the way of Everwood? Amy was too intense for her own good most times and that's how she got involved so heavily into just about everything. Up until Hannah came into the picture, Bright didn't show any maturity and up until that point, he didn't care about much. So, what is Bright Abbott all about up until meeting Hannah because before then, all we got out of him was goofy answers and that he liked girls with big boobs. I just feel Bright had so much more to offer, even at a younger age and for some reason never showed it. Maybe that's why he and Colin fit together as friends so well. Colin didn't care about anything and Bright could go along and do the same. Almost like the gruesome twosome.

I'm not angered by it, but it just gets me that we don't know if ever got the real Colin Hart. Was post surgery Colin Hart the real Colin that only went on how he was really feeling and didn't play anyone like he did before? Or was the real Colin Hart the guy pre-Coma that just thought life was just a big adventure and he didn't care about the consequences.

AND....AND...(another one)...AND! If we had gotten post coma Colin the first time around, would Amy and the rest of the town had fell in love with him as hard as they did?
I feel like just based on the name of Bright.. (BRIGHT, lol) he was destined to be a screw up in the eyes of many and just make mistake after mistake until he finally would get it right. S1, Bright was this bully to Ephram, security guard for Colin, into superficial things and just kind of floating around without any real meaning. It really isn't until Colin passes (driving force) and Ephram and Bright get to be friends that we see Bright with more layers and his potential demonstrated.

Very good question if Colin would have survived... I have a feeling no matter what, Amy and Ephram were destined to be together romantically (it was happening regardless, we see this clearly even as far back as S1)... but I think overall Colin would have been liked... he was "Coma Boy" after all and people would have been amazed he survived (the miracle of Everwood) so based on this alone, he would have been a forever hero of sorts the Townies would tell stories about forever.

But as for his place in both Bright and Amy's lives... I think it would have been different.. given the purple-haired boy stealing their hearts in two different ways (friendship with Bright, friendship turned romantic with Amy).

Quote:
If this board hadn't gold me that Layne and Colin were brother and sister, it probably would've taken me multiple episodes to figure it out. They live on different planets like Laynie grew up in boarding school in England and Colin grew up in small town Everwood. They are just too polar opposite to be related. How Amy was friends with Laynie, not sure, other than Amy was mega obsessed with everything Colin that Laynie was just another way to be in Colin's world.
That is really true. They were not meant to be the focus, as siblings, at all… only when Laynie eventually tells him it is too difficult to see him sick and no one is willing to face this reality. But otherwise, they really did not show sibling scenes between them.

Quote:
It would've been physical and Amy would want to be closer to Colin and you know, Colin would've blown her off just like he did during the 4th of July event. He wouldn't have wanted to get into all the romantic stuff and just chalked it up to having sex for the first time. Would it have been Colin's first time too...not sure, my guess would not a big fat NO. Look at the long line of available girls that would jump at the chance to jump into bed with the great Colin Hart. I mean, how humiliated would Amy feel that she give her only virtuous act to Colin onto have it rubbed in her face. How long would it be before the entire town found out that Amy Abbott and Colin Hart had sex. How many girls at County High would judge Amy for having sex with Colin when there were much more "suitable" choices for him. The scenes practically write themselves the topic is so unavoidable. (hmmm...thinking )
Excellent thoughts!

Quote:
He would've taken a lot more than her virginity, I'm sure.
God, that's so true.

Quote:
I hate to say that this is one time I wish I didn't agree with you Tommy was a great guy, but I think (as memory, I don't remember much about Tommy; episode to episode) the drugs is what did him in. He was obsessed with that lifestyle, the next hit, the next time he would feel good again. I think Tommy really cared about Amy, it's just his addition was so far gone that he couldn't let his heart feel for something that wasn't about the next drug in his system. Imagine if Amy's first time was with Tommy...either way, Amy loses (not sure if they even slept together...oh, on the journey of a rewatch I go )
Hard truths, even this show can create. Yes, Tommy did care about Amy but addiction and dealing was the most important thing in his life he relied on and could not shake it until it was too late with Amy and he lost her. But he did care about her… addiction and making money dealing was just way too important to him.

Quote:
If only Berlanti knew his Everwood created world still lived on in the same way it did in production.
We should Tweet him. LOL.

You are right, he would be amazed.

Quote:
It's the same way I watch Everwood, I take notes on everything, sometimes things that don't matter so when I do my review, I can go back and write, in length, everything I wanted to talk about. Like 2 pages of notes per episode usually That's how I feel like I'm watching the episodes for the first time.

Quote:
Do you think, if we had a Season 5, would Berlanti have done this...have Andy revisit his life in New York? I think if we had a Season 4, Andy would not have proposed to Nina...am I right?
YES. Most probably we would get more. Indeed, I bet the proposal does not happen, and they just get together romantically and the end of S5 would have been the proposal.

What do you think?

Quote:
Everwoodians are ones that are closed-minded. They see something, are told it's one way and never question it. You see this when Andy moves into town. They are all for Andy's free medical care and then when Andy starts talking to Julia around town, they go right back to Harold's practice. They go where they are told to go and do not think for themselves.
Absolutely. They are so closed-minded. They thought Rose was flawed when she had cancer too and wanted her out as Mayor. They are a piece of work.

Quote:
Also, everyone loved Colin, so losing him was like losing their own son. It was decided that Colin was driving, no one wanted to disrupt the family anymore and everyone let it go...like it never happened. If Amy hadn't pursued Colin being operated on by Andy and using Ephram to do that; Andy, Delia and Ephram would never know that Colin Hart existed.
100%. You have to wonder how Amy might have reacted if she found out Bright was the one who was driving the truck during the accident. I do not think she would have blamed Bright but it would have been interesting to see Amy's reaction.

Quote:
I think Brian was going on the notion that Andy loved exactly what he was doing, the exact work schedule and everything involved. Andy knows how to charm people, look how happy he seemed to be when moving to Everwood when, really, he was as miserable as any man who just suddenly lost his wife. Brian was like everyone else, WHY. Why would the greatest neurosurgeon of this century just leave everything and be happy as a country doctor. Maybe Andy never wanted to be a hot shot neurosurgeon. Why did Andy pick neurosurgery, did we ever figure that out? Yes, the man is gifted as hell and would have been dynamic at any part of the medical field. Was it because the brain is the most challenging organ, and we all know Andy Brown doesn't walk away from a challenge. Whoever said it, Andy wasn't the best student, but he was dedicated. Andy proved when working on Colin he knows how to handle even the most advanced, challenged situations. I guess cardio wouldn't do it for him. If Andy had this dream of being a country doctor then why, oh why, did he set out to be a brain doctor in one of the busiest, biggest cities in the united states? Maybe, again, I'm overthinking, but Andy could've had it all if he was upstate, in a tiny town, being a country doctor. He wouldn't be as wealthy...but would he be as happy. Having the life Andy did, pre Everwood, he didn't seem happy...just driven. But...FOR WHAT and to what cost?

Quote:
Ephram is that quirky boy who you really think is just a normal guy and then BAM, you realize there's nothing normal about him and there will always be something extraordinary about him

Quote:
I think this is the first time we get to see Ephram be nice to Andy and actually admire his father. I love that Andy knew exactly who made the mixtape. I wonder if Andy realized that it was probably a combined effort (Ephram more than Julia) who made the mixtapes.
I hope Andy knew this.

Quote:
AGREED! Colin didn't want to break her heart, he didn't hate Amy by any means but he certainly didn't want to be in a romantic relationship with her. But the more time went on, the worse it got and the more Amy got attached.

Do you think that Amy finally let her guard down when meeting Ephram and not trying to control everything like she did when her and Colin were dating?
I think so, I really do. I feel like before Amy met Ephram she existed in this fantasyland. Then Colin got sick and she was also in hyper-mode trying to get him cured. She was not living in reality at all. During that dance recital we see just how much she was consumed and ultimately hurting her body and mind.

When she met Ephram he was her first realness in many ways... he represented authentic and something and someone outside of the town that she wanted in her life. So when they kissed in the mine she freaks out as a result. It was so real it scared her and was about to pop her bubble fantasy she lived in before then.

Ephram really was the one who helped peel the layers and get Amy out of her fantasyland and into the real world.

Quote:
It's almost like she puts Amy in the driver's seat of the truck and Bright on the sidelines. It's still very strange how she blames someone who wasn't even there. Did Mrs. Hart think that Amy's relationship with Colin drove him to do wild, careless things? Makes my head hurt trying to see Mrs. Hart's side of things.
Right? She actually made it seem like she did not even care much for Amy. It was very weird. She seemed to have more empathy for Bright, not Amy. No wonder Laynie really wanted away from her parents. Her mother was weird and father, alcoholic. Neither of them even knew she existed either.

Quote:
I think Andy wanted this as well... or he thought about this even subconsciously. It could have even been why he "pushed" Julia into the affair... something had to give, he had to change, or be forced into change. He wanted it but like you said, he did not want to let anyone down or be seen as a failure. He wanted the superhero title but was still... failing the city (and his family).

Quote:
Do you think if Julia gave Andy an ultimatum that Andy would give up his lifestyle/career as a top neurosurgeon? All that Andy had put Julia through with never being there and always working, it's a wonder why she stayed as long as she did. What if Andy never found out about the affair and she had ended it. What then? She'd just hold this secret forever and hope her husband changes one day?
Those are such good questions. I do not know. What do you think about both questions? Andy seemed so dedicated and in love with Julia. He even said it was not a choice, she cheated but he would never leave her. He couldn't. He was too in love. So my guess is he would have put her first based on what he said. He might have tried to attempt to juggle both and make her see that he could but overall he would have chosen her because it just seems like death was the only way for Andy to give up on Julia and being with her. Cheating did not do it, so I do not think anything but death would have had him walking away from her which was something he could not control or prevent. Anything else, he would have ultimately chosen her.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-27-2023 at 03:38 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
I hope everything works out.
me too

Quote:
This is so true. So well said. He really is a main character yet was not on the screen that much. It is similar to how Julia was used. Julia dies in the Pilot episode and yet she plays a large role. Both Colin and Julia in many ways are the two that pulled the Browns and the Abbotts together (plus Nina) while both families healed in many ways as well.
Julia was the catalyst of the Everwood plot. She is the one who bought Andy and Ephram and Delia all to Everwood. She is the one who made Andy believe that being in Everwood was the right journey for them to take. If Julia hadn't said to Andy, "go to Everwood, you'll find me there," I doubt the family would've stayed. Andy wanted so much to have Julia back in his life he was willing to move his family, no questions asked, to some unknown town that's not even located on the big map and make a life there. Julia is the one who made Andy believe he could do better and made Andy do better. Julia believed in Andy in ways he never believed in himself. She knew he wanted a relationship with Ephram, even if he didn't know how to find it. Julia knew Andy would find a way to be a great father to Delia, even if he didn't recognize it yet. Julia knew, without a doubt, if something happened to her, he would find love again.

Quote:
I feel like just based on the name of Bright.. (BRIGHT, lol) he was destined to be a screw up in the eyes of many and just make mistake after mistake until he finally would get it right. S1, Bright was this bully to Ephram, security guard for Colin, into superficial things and just kind of floating around without any real meaning. It really isn't until Colin passes (driving force) and Ephram and Bright get to be friends that we see Bright with more layers and his potential demonstrated.
I always wondered why Bright, as you said, kind of floated around. He was constantly a crutch for someone else. He was Colin's best friend, Amy's brother, Rose and Harold's son, Hannah's boyfriend...all around goofball of County High. But did Bright ever define himself as something for himself that wasn't attached to someone else.

I think that's why he cheated on Hannah. It wasn't about the sex...maybe it was a little bit I think it was about the fact that, deep down, Bright never thought he was good enough to stand on his own. Bright never really had an answer for Hannah as to why he had sex with that random girl in the bar. Bright didn't think he'd measure up to the man that Hannah really wanted in her life so he did something to make sure he wouldn't be in her life...if that makes sense.

Quote:
Very good question if Colin would have survived... I have a feeling no matter what, Amy and Ephram were destined to be together romantically (it was happening regardless, we see this clearly even as far back as S1)... but I think overall Colin would have been liked... he was "Coma Boy" after all and people would have been amazed he survived (the miracle of Everwood) so based on this alone, he would have been a forever hero of sorts the Townies would tell stories about forever.
I really think that Colin would've been super supportive of Amy and Ephram. Colin cared about Amy, no doubt about it, but never was he in love with her as we pointed out when Amy said "I Love You" and she never heard it back. Post-Coma Colin liked Ephram and knew that Amy liked Ephram too but was constantly plagued with the life he had before because that's where everyone was pushing him to be.

I really think, f Colin would've survived, they would've been the three musketeers in Colin's senior year. He would hang out with Ephram and Bright, Amy would be there with Ephram and it would actually be kinda perfect.

Quote:
Hard truths, even this show can create. Yes, Tommy did care about Amy but addiction and dealing was the most important thing in his life he relied on and could not shake it until it was too late with Amy and he lost her. But he did care about her… addiction and making money dealing was just way too important to him.
By the time Amy met Tommy he was so lost and the only way he knew how to survive was making money through dealing and really didn't want to stop. If Tommy stopped dealing, he wouldn't have money to survive and I think suicide was the only way he felt was the way out for him.

Quote:
YES. Most probably we would get more. Indeed, I bet the proposal does not happen, and they just get together romantically and the end of S5 would have been the proposal.

What do you think?
I'd still want the proposal to happen at the end of Season 4, you know, cliffhanger. Then see Andy married to a wonderful woman in Season 5 and how much he had changed. I think Everwood is showing us how much Andy could change and Season 5 would've been like full circle. Had a great relationship with Delia and amazing friendship with Ephram and a strong, wonderful woman like Nina in his life. That's all he ever wanted...all Julia ever wanted for him.

Quote:
Absolutely. They are so closed-minded. They thought Rose was flawed when she had cancer too and wanted her out as Mayor. They are a piece of work.
That's when I wanted to kick the townspeople in the shins. It's not like Rose was mayor for a short time, she was mayor when the show started. We really don't know how long Rose held political office in Everwood and even if being the mayor was her first political office in that town. For them to just ban her from office for getting sick. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote:
100%. You have to wonder how Amy might have reacted if she found out Bright was the one who was driving the truck during the accident. I do not think she would have blamed Bright but it would have been interesting to see Amy's reaction.
I bet Amy would have blamed Bright. In Amy's eyes, Colin could do no wrong and to Amy, Bright was the sole person responsible for Colin being in a coma since no one could really vouch for Colin's frame of mind since he didn't have the ability to speak for himself. Look how she treated Dr. Brown when he said he wouldn't do the surgery and that's someone trying to fix Colin...what about the person who put him there. I cannot imagine the fury Amy would have then.

Quote:
I think so, I really do. I feel like before Amy met Ephram she existed in this fantasyland. Then Colin got sick and she was also in hyper-mode trying to get him cured. She was not living in reality at all. During that dance recital we see just how much she was consumed and ultimately hurting her body and mind.
Amy was the Queen of her own fantasyland. Everyone went along with it. She had this idea that the only person in the world for her was Colin Hart and those girls she hung out with her best friends. Did she just wake up one day when Ephram came to town and realize those girls were not her friends? I doubt it, but she didn't want to rock the boat. Amy just followed everyone else and as long as she had Colin by her side, nothing mattered. She didn't care about anything else but Colin. Reason being, they were mostly around Amy because she was dating Colin. Some reason, it always goes back to being around Colin Hart.

Quote:
When she met Ephram he was her first realness in many ways... he represented authentic and something and someone outside of the town that she wanted in her life. So when they kissed in the mine she freaks out as a result. It was so real it scared her and was about to pop her bubble fantasy she lived in before then.
Amy wanted to be with Ephram so bad that, like that kiss in the mine, her body took over. She wanted to be with Ephram but had this sense of obligation to be with Colin. If she really wanted to be with Colin, really loved him, the kisses would've never happened. Not to say they wouldn't have went for it, but Amy would've backed away immediately. As soon as her brain took over, she backed away. I hate that she felt obligated to Colin and for what reason? To say that he loves her, to say that he forgives her for the fight at the 4th of July Festival? What was the reason Amy was so drawn to Colin, 4 months after he was in the accident?

Quote:
Ephram really was the one who helped peel the layers and get Amy out of her fantasyland and into the real world.
Absolutely he was. Ephram wasn't afraid to tell her the truth. They weren't together, they never promised each other anything, what was there to lose. Amy needed to hear the truth and not be living under a rock that the entire town put her under. She needed someone by her side that was going to love her and also not lie to her. Ephram wasn't afraid to hurt her feelings and Amy needed that. She needed to be taken down a couple of notches and brought back down to earth. Ephram represented everything that was real, everything that she wanted to feel in a boyfriend and what he allowed her to feel on the inside. I just wish she gave him more of a boyfriend chance than a friend chance in the beginning. I just wish Amy wasn't so obligated to Colin and just lived for herself.

Quote:
Right? She actually made it seem like she did not even care much for Amy. It was very weird. She seemed to have more empathy for Bright, not Amy. No wonder Laynie really wanted away from her parents. Her mother was weird and father, alcoholic. Neither of them even knew she existed either.
Seems like Laynie more felt sorry for Amy than wanting to be her friend. If Amy wasn't Colin's girlfriend (for all intents and purposes), Laynie probably would never talk to Amy the entire time they went to County High. We only saw Laynie in Season 2 and that was it. So if you started Season 3, Laynie Hart would've been a non-existent character. Honestly, after Season 2, Colin and his parents were too. I don't remember much talk about Colin once he died and the dust settled at his funeral.

I feel like Laynie was just there for Amy to connect with Colin even more. Like Amy was part of the family as Colin's girlfriend, but honestly, seeing it during the rewatch, Amy wasn't close to Colin or his family at all...it was just another thing in her fantasyland.

Quote:
Those are such good questions. I do not know. What do you think about both questions? Andy seemed so dedicated and in love with Julia. He even said it was not a choice, she cheated but he would never leave her. He couldn't. He was too in love. So my guess is he would have put her first based on what he said. He might have tried to attempt to juggle both and make her see that he could but overall he would have chosen her because it just seems like death was the only way for Andy to give up on Julia and being with her. Cheating did not do it, so I do not think anything but death would have had him walking away from her which was something he could not control or prevent. Anything else, he would have ultimately chosen her.
I think with Julia's affair, Andy blamed himself. Andy knew he had really egregious hours at the hospital and he was never home so for Julia to take comfort in another man more than once or twice wasn't a pure shock for him. Andy had a right to blame himself, he was never home. He made his schedule, never said no to a surgery or patient and thought Julia would always be there waiting for him when he got home. His only wake up call would be Julia dying and him being the only person left to take care of Ephram and Delia.

I do wonder how long Ephram believed Andy is the one who cheated on their marriage. Ephram seemed pretty confident when accusing Andy of cheating when they were fighting in the living room before Andy, finally, fought back and shut Ephram down. Maybe that's why Ephram grew to hate Andy even more, like Andy gave up on his marriage and had an affair. Once Andy admitted, in his own words, that Julia was the one who cheated, you could knock Ephram over with a feather he was so shocked...and looked kind of scared about how wrong he was and that his mother that he put on a pedestal for so many years could be the one to cheat on her marriage.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Will respond soon!
Old 04-10-2023, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
me too
How are things going?

Quote:
Julia was the catalyst of the Everwood plot. She is the one who bought Andy and Ephram and Delia all to Everwood. She is the one who made Andy believe that being in Everwood was the right journey for them to take. If Julia hadn't said to Andy, "go to Everwood, you'll find me there," I doubt the family would've stayed. Andy wanted so much to have Julia back in his life he was willing to move his family, no questions asked, to some unknown town that's not even located on the big map and make a life there. Julia is the one who made Andy believe he could do better and made Andy do better. Julia believed in Andy in ways he never believed in himself. She knew he wanted a relationship with Ephram, even if he didn't know how to find it. Julia knew Andy would find a way to be a great father to Delia, even if he didn't recognize it yet. Julia knew, without a doubt, if something happened to her, he would find love again.

Quote:
I always wondered why Bright, as you said, kind of floated around. He was constantly a crutch for someone else. He was Colin's best friend, Amy's brother, Rose and Harold's son, Hannah's boyfriend...all around goofball of County High. But did Bright ever define himself as something for himself that wasn't attached to someone else.

I think that's why he cheated on Hannah. It wasn't about the sex...maybe it was a little bit I think it was about the fact that, deep down, Bright never thought he was good enough to stand on his own. Bright never really had an answer for Hannah as to why he had sex with that random girl in the bar. Bright didn't think he'd measure up to the man that Hannah really wanted in her life so he did something to make sure he wouldn't be in her life...if that makes sense.
It does make sense.

I completely agree that Bright cheating on Hannah wasn't really about sex. A short time before the cheating Bright found out Hannah was hiding her likes and dislikes regarding what they did together. He found out she wasn't being honest about liking parties, etc. It devastated him. He was crushed since he thought she was enjoying things and really was not. This took Bright's self esteem down big time and he felt like he wasn't good enough and their relationship was doomed. I believe he cheated to actually "communicate" with Hannah the confusion and pain he was in. Cheating was a side effect of Bright's devastation.

That said, Bright was an idiot going there. Of course! He did not have to do that to Hannah in order to communicate and get things out in the open about their relationship. Hannah did not deserve that shock and pain. But I feel like this is what the cheating represented. So many back in the day thought Bright cheated for sex. Sex just represented one of many differences they had but was not the only reason why they had issues. No. You have to watch the episodes leading up to the cheating to see the real reason why he went there and it had nothing to do with sex.

Quote:
I really think that Colin would've been super supportive of Amy and Ephram. Colin cared about Amy, no doubt about it, but never was he in love with her as we pointed out when Amy said "I Love You" and she never heard it back. Post-Coma Colin liked Ephram and knew that Amy liked Ephram too but was constantly plagued with the life he had before because that's where everyone was pushing him to be.

I really think, f Colin would've survived, they would've been the three musketeers in Colin's senior year. He would hang out with Ephram and Bright, Amy would be there with Ephram and it would actually be kinda perfect.
I think so too. Colin did care about Amy due to the childhood bond. Colin would have supported it. We know Colin was breaking up with Amy before the accident.. He might have eventually remembered this or Laynie could have filled him in. But I believe in the end Colin would have been so focused on surviving and living that he would have wanted to be happy and certainly would have supported what made his childhood friend happy too. There was a childhood bond between Amy and Colin that would have eventaully taken over.

Quote:
By the time Amy met Tommy he was so lost and the only way he knew how to survive was making money through dealing and really didn't want to stop. If Tommy stopped dealing, he wouldn't have money to survive and I think suicide was the only way he felt was the way out for him.
Excellent points. Agreed. Tommy was in too deep.

Quote:
I'd still want the proposal to happen at the end of Season 4, you know, cliffhanger. Then see Andy married to a wonderful woman in Season 5 and how much he had changed. I think Everwood is showing us how much Andy could change and Season 5 would've been like full circle. Had a great relationship with Delia and amazing friendship with Ephram and a strong, wonderful woman like Nina in his life. That's all he ever wanted...all Julia ever wanted for him.
Yes.

During our current rewatch with only a few episodes to go it is so tough seeing Andy strive for happiness and Nina still passively pulling back even though she wants to be with him. Andy really had to fight for everything he deserved and Julia wanted him to have. He gets there but it is not easy.

Quote:
That's when I wanted to kick the townspeople in the shins. It's not like Rose was mayor for a short time, she was mayor when the show started. We really don't know how long Rose held political office in Everwood and even if being the mayor was her first political office in that town. For them to just ban her from office for getting sick. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Amen.

Quote:
I bet Amy would have blamed Bright. In Amy's eyes, Colin could do no wrong and to Amy, Bright was the sole person responsible for Colin being in a coma since no one could really vouch for Colin's frame of mind since he didn't have the ability to speak for himself. Look how she treated Dr. Brown when he said he wouldn't do the surgery and that's someone trying to fix Colin...what about the person who put him there. I cannot imagine the fury Amy would have then.
You are right on with this. We could expect Amy would have tormented Bright just like Andy. Amy was in a dark place filled with depression as we know but she was very difficult with Andy and yes, she would have lumped Bright right in there as well.

Quote:
Amy was the Queen of her own fantasyland. Everyone went along with it. She had this idea that the only person in the world for her was Colin Hart and those girls she hung out with her best friends. Did she just wake up one day when Ephram came to town and realize those girls were not her friends? I doubt it, but she didn't want to rock the boat. Amy just followed everyone else and as long as she had Colin by her side, nothing mattered. She didn't care about anything else but Colin. Reason being, they were mostly around Amy because she was dating Colin. Some reason, it always goes back to being around Colin Hart.

Quote:
Amy wanted to be with Ephram so bad that, like that kiss in the mine, her body took over. She wanted to be with Ephram but had this sense of obligation to be with Colin. If she really wanted to be with Colin, really loved him, the kisses would've never happened. Not to say they wouldn't have went for it, but Amy would've backed away immediately. As soon as her brain took over, she backed away. I hate that she felt obligated to Colin and for what reason? To say that he loves her, to say that he forgives her for the fight at the 4th of July Festival? What was the reason Amy was so drawn to Colin, 4 months after he was in the accident?
Exactly. I think Amy felt she had to be with Colin because of town expectations and he was her childhood friend and she felt the next step was happily ever after. Problem is once Ephram came into town her fantasy started to be in question. Ephram, indirectly, poked holes into this fantasy. Amy knew what she was feeling with Ephram was real. So real it scared her. She knew there was a spiritual type of connection going on that she had never felt with anyone else, certainly Colin. It terrified her. All that she had known was in question now.

Quote:
Absolutely he was. Ephram wasn't afraid to tell her the truth. They weren't together, they never promised each other anything, what was there to lose. Amy needed to hear the truth and not be living under a rock that the entire town put her under. She needed someone by her side that was going to love her and also not lie to her. Ephram wasn't afraid to hurt her feelings and Amy needed that. She needed to be taken down a couple of notches and brought back down to earth. Ephram represented everything that was real, everything that she wanted to feel in a boyfriend and what he allowed her to feel on the inside. I just wish she gave him more of a boyfriend chance than a friend chance in the beginning. I just wish Amy wasn't so obligated to Colin and just lived for herself.
Completely agree. I do wish either Laynie or Ephram would have eventually told Amy that Colin planned on breaking up with her before the accident, it was happening. If Laynie would have told her right after Colin passed away or while he was in a coma, it would have helped Amy process things much more quickly. She deserved to know the truth.

Quote:
Seems like Laynie more felt sorry for Amy than wanting to be her friend. If Amy wasn't Colin's girlfriend (for all intents and purposes), Laynie probably would never talk to Amy the entire time they went to County High. We only saw Laynie in Season 2 and that was it. So if you started Season 3, Laynie Hart would've been a non-existent character. Honestly, after Season 2, Colin and his parents were too. I don't remember much talk about Colin once he died and the dust settled at his funeral.

I feel like Laynie was just there for Amy to connect with Colin even more. Like Amy was part of the family as Colin's girlfriend, but honestly, seeing it during the rewatch, Amy wasn't close to Colin or his family at all...it was just another thing in her fantasyland.
It was very clear that when Colin's story concluded with his passing, Berlanti was interested in getting all the Hart's off the screen. He felt very strongly about this.

Quote:
I think with Julia's affair, Andy blamed himself. Andy knew he had really egregious hours at the hospital and he was never home so for Julia to take comfort in another man more than once or twice wasn't a pure shock for him. Andy had a right to blame himself, he was never home. He made his schedule, never said no to a surgery or patient and thought Julia would always be there waiting for him when he got home. His only wake up call would be Julia dying and him being the only person left to take care of Ephram and Delia.

I do wonder how long Ephram believed Andy is the one who cheated on their marriage. Ephram seemed pretty confident when accusing Andy of cheating when they were fighting in the living room before Andy, finally, fought back and shut Ephram down. Maybe that's why Ephram grew to hate Andy even more, like Andy gave up on his marriage and had an affair. Once Andy admitted, in his own words, that Julia was the one who cheated, you could knock Ephram over with a feather he was so shocked...and looked kind of scared about how wrong he was and that his mother that he put on a pedestal for so many years could be the one to cheat on her marriage.

What I actually love about the cheating reveal is Andy fought it. Andy could have taken the easy way out and even scored points with Ephram very early on by telling him about Julia's cheating but Andy did not want to go there. He wanted to win back Ephram's love and trust organically and without any "free passes" or by ripping Julia (in his eyes). I think Ephram really appreciated this too. Yes, I bet Ephram thought for years and years everything was 100% Andy's fault only.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-10-2023 at 07:26 AM
Reply   Post New Thread