Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2021, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
There's no comparison between the two, then, and most especially now.
Exactly.

I just looked to see what DC episode aired around the time the present episode Everwood episode aired. It was 6.6. Imagining how low in quality DC was at that point compared to Season 1 Everwood is startling.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-22-2021 at 01:02 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Exactly.

I just looked to see what DC episode aired around the time the present episode Everwood episode aired. It was 6.6. Imagining how low in quality DC was at that point compared to Season 1 Everwood is startling.
By Season Six (and long before Season Six for that matter) Dawson's Creek was a total crapfest while Season One Everwood was sheer perfection.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
By Season Six (and long before Season Six for that matter) Dawson's Creek was a total crapfest while Season One Everwood was sheer perfection.
Well said.

Berlanti’s career was taking off while Stupin’s was almost hitting a red stoplight.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well said.

Berlanti’s career was taking off while Stupin’s was almost hitting a red stoplight.
As well it should have. Stupin was a talentless hack who ruined a good show while Berlanti was, and is, a genius.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-22-2021, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
As well it should have. Stupin was a talentless hack who ruined a good show while Berlanti was, and is, a genius.
Precisely. That is noticed very quickly in their specific professional world.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I’ve never gotten a terrific feeling from Colin but this rewatch I really did find him borderline devious:

1. He played it stupid acting clueless why Amy was upset initially. Are you kidding me? He knew damn well why she was upset. Before he finally admitted it he’s flirting and calling her beautiful which is absolutely ridiculous because we know from Laynie he was breaking up with Amy. He played with her heart and feelings. He takes off with Bright in his father’s truck he stole knowing Amy would look for him too.

2. He subtly made fun of Harold’s dress.

3. He liquors up Bright at the Abbott’s then on the hill. Due to his arrogance he forced Bright to go with him to meet those other guys to show off his truck knowing they had been drinking.

4. He even makes fun of the one guy too. Funny how he made fun of him for throwing up when we know Colin was puking in the sink post-surgery as his brain was deteriorating.

5. If someone ever ripped a necklace off of me like Colin did with Amy I would punch the person in the face. I think the point was he was trying to get her to not be afraid but I still hated how he went about it.
You know how I feel about Colin! The way you feel about Republicans. I have always felt that Colin would have been a jerk with or without his brain injury.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved meeting Brian, Andy’s second in command, as he brought gifts from New York, and I loved the conversation between them as Andy expressed his fears about performing the upcoming surgery on Colin, and I loved it when Brian said “Before you took me under your wing, Andy, I never believed that there were people put on this earth to fix God’s mistakes. That’s the kind of gift that doesn’t go away. Sleep easy Dr. Brown. You’re going to be great.”
Brian was most definitely a cool character. Yum...those NY goodies!They actually got to have real bagels and cream cheese for breakfast! Brian wasn't on for long, but he was really needed this episode as a cheerleader for Andy. Andy is human and he was scared. Nothing like having a reliable/familiar partner to ease your nerves. Brian did his job!
Old 02-22-2021, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I’m not a huge fan of flashback episodes but this one was needed I think. We needed to know more about Colin. Unfortunately, he didn’t come off in a great light imo. They painted him to be pretty reckless, a bit of a bad influence, and also a bit inconsiderate of Amy’s feelings. It makes you wonder why she was so in love with him. But I do like that he wasn’t written to be this perfect guy and he had flaws too. OT but Emily’s body is so nice And that ending scene was sweet/sad.
I am with you regarding flashbacks..don't usually care for them. but you are right...with these flashbacks we got to see the real Colin pre-accident and form our opinions regarding his character. And of course we got to see what led up to the accident and what really happened. Very necessary flashbacks.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You know how I feel about Colin! The way you feel about Republicans. I have always felt that Colin would have been a jerk with or without his brain injury.
Your hatred has been consistent like mine, nice comparison.

Yes I think what happens with me is I view the flashbacks and truly can’t stand him. But then when he suffers side effects after the first surgery I start to feel empathy. Not that I really forget about the fact that I don’t like him pre-accident, but the empathy focuses my attention strongly on the present situation. Then in my mind, I want to try and excuse the behavior because of his outcome. So I go up and down with it but at the end of the day, I’m totally with you on Colin. If he would have survived or just been a character without the accident and we viewed four seasons of the Colin we saw in the flashbacks? He would be one of my least favorite characters by far. In fact, I would put him in the Madison and Amanda category.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-22-2021 at 04:18 PM
Old 02-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Administrator

I think that a lot of people excused Colin's behavior when he came back to the medical issues that he had due to his surgery, but in this episode, we saw that Colin wasn't all that nice a guy anyway, so it reinforced the dislike that I had for him.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What amazes me is when I read past rewatches there’s some people that actually think he’s perfectly fine in the flashbacks. Obviously everyone has different opinions but I still don’t understand how it’s not pretty clear he’s an arrogant guy who treated Amy like garbage (romantically that is) and was not a good influence on Bright.

I’m not remotely excusing Bright’s bullying but along with the guilt he felt as the driver, it was almost like he was programmed to hate Ephram as Colin’s protective follower. When you see how Colin talked to the one brother in the truck, you could tell he had such an air of arrogance and loved competition. He had to always win and be on top. I think Bright just assumed Colin would see Ephram as the enemy and he should too.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-22-2021 at 04:10 PM
Old 02-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What amazes me is when I read past rewatches there’s some people that actually think he’s perfectly fine in the flashbacks. Obviously everyone has different opinions but I still don’t understand how it’s not pretty clear he’s an arrogant guy who treated Amy like garbage (romantically that is) and was not a good influence on Bright.
I really don't get that either. To me, it was clear as day that Colin, while outwardly charming, wasn't a very good boyfriend to Amy at all.

Quote:
I’m not remotely excusing Bright’s bullying but along with the guilt he felt as the driver, it was almost like he was programmed to hate Ephram as Colin’s protective follower. When you see how Colin talked to the one brother in the truck, you could tell he had such an air of arrogance and loved competition. He had to always win and be on top. I think Bright just assumed Colin would see Ephram as the enemy and he should too.
I completely agree with this. We saw that Bright told Ephram that Colin would "kick his ass" if he was here, and later, Colin did beat up Ephram (and Bright too) in an angry rage that was undoubtedly fueled by jealousy because he knew that Amy liked Ephram, and although a lot of people attributed that to Colin's issues after his surgery, I didn't, and the fact that he never apologized to Ephram for doing that spoke volumes.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I really don't get that either. To me, it was clear as day that Colin, while outwardly charming, wasn't a very good boyfriend to Amy at all.
Exactly. It doesn’t make any sense. I do wonder if some liked Mike Erwin so they automatically liked Colin. Or maybe they hated Amy and didn’t mind the way Colin behaved. Otherwise, I don’t know how you can miss Colin’s bad behavior.

Quote:
I completely agree with this. We saw that Bright told Ephram that Colin would "kick his ass" if he was here, and later, Colin did beat up Ephram (and Bright too) in an angry rage that was undoubtedly fueled by jealousy because he knew that Amy liked Ephram, and although a lot of people attributed that to Colin's issues after his surgery, I didn't, and the fact that he never apologized to Ephram for doing that spoke volumes.
Good catch on Bright saying that to Ephram. Very true it actually did happen later. Even if it was an exaggerated version of Colin fighting some symptoms, Bright said what he said and most likely Ephram was getting bad treatment from Colin regardless. The only time period we know wasn’t the real Colin was the timid and unsure Colin right after surgery who was drawn to Ephram. The one who had trouble doing his homework. The one that later turns aggressive and violent unfortunately was a closer version to the real Colin.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone have more thoughts on the episode?

What did people think going into this episode? If you weren't spoiled, did you believe Colin would survive the first surgery?
Old 02-24-2021, 09:44 AM
Administrator

I figured that Colin would survive the first surgery because if he didn't, there would have been no point to everything that had transpired in the first six episodes. Like you've said, Colin's main purpose was to bring the Brown and Abbott families together, so he had to survive the first surgery in order to do that.

Reply   Post New Thread