Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
FYI:

Not sure if you guys already know but Jake’s date he went out to dinner with is actually Scott Wolf’s real wife, Kelley Limp.

https://people.com/tv/scott-wolf-fir...ppen/?amp=true

Way back in the day I actually watched her on The Real World: New Orleans in 2000. Later I found out that she married Scott Wolf.
Thanks for that info!! I never knew!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am going to just randomly give thoughts as they come to me.

- Five dates/pairings with one that ended up majestically (Ephram and Amy), another one on the way to romance status (Jake and Nina), one that was just Delia and Charlie (I hate Charlie, by the way), and the last one developing but shouldn't be (Andy and Amanda). The fifth is actually Harold and Rose as they shared many cute scenes together and I have a feeling, got intimate in this one off-screen which is very adorable, too.

- The whole camping analogy was clever. When Harold and Rose were eating breakfast, I was totally thinking "They so went camping last night." Ephram then came home and Delia said she won't ever go camping and neither will the boy she dates, while Andy looked relieved... pure brilliance.

- This didn't happen on DVD, but I distinctly remember the PSA was out of place and speculation was Emily did not at all want to go there. She was speaking for the audience. Ephram and Amy's "first time" was romantic and responsible. Where was the PSA about teen pregnancy after the finale of Season 2 especially with the pregnancy lingering like a dark cloud? Rose asked Harold why he was so scared about Amy sleeping with Ephram, and you could tell deep down she wondered if there was something he was not telling her. Of course it was a hint and reminder about the pregnancy that Harold isn't telling Rose. I feel like that PSA should have been right after the finale of Season 2 aired (not to mention one on illegal relationships). Season 2 finale was the appropriate time, not in Season 3 after Ephram and Amy's mature, romantic, responsible and loving first time.

- I found it interesting that cell phones were a prominent part of this episode. Even with Nina and Sam... we saw Andy's cell phone ringing at the restaurant as he ignored it, and then we saw Harold's cell phone vibrating, and finally we saw Jake answering his cell phone, which indicates Nina tried to call all three of them after Sam's accident. "Fate" apparently had Jake be the one helping her. I think the writers showed Andy as if to say the time is not right for Andy and Nina but stay tuned. Even Ephram and Amy were on cell phones.

- Greg and Emily really outdid themselves in this one. Just when you think their chemistry cannot increase even more, we have this episode. They literally did elevate even higher as Greg and Emily portrayed every part of the episode with perfection.

- The drive-in scene had me rolling on the floor because it was so accurately portrayed and what a riot it was to listen to what the both of them were thinking at the same time. "We're never going to have sex." I also loved the shot at Madison about sex in a car too. I know some people wondered why they were so tense in this scene. Well, it's simple for me... they weren't awkward because they were making out, they have made out plenty of times before. They were awkward because they both knew their relationship was ready to take it to the level of sex and it made them nervous (and excited) as a result. I thought it worked perfectly.

- I really appreciate the Amy and Hannah friendship in a way that I never did before this watch. I love how they talk about things. I love how Amy has basically blown off her stuck up, shallow, popular friends in favor of Hannah, who is filled with substance. I also thought it was awesome how Hannah wants to wait until marriage before having sex. Even with Hannah having this, she was very supportive and in fact, approving, of Ephram and Amy. Amy really needed this friendship. I love Laynie, I really do, but when you think about it, Laynie was around during the first two seasons and Amy and Laynie were never this close. In fact, in S1, it kind of seemed like Amy and Laynie were friends but mostly due to Colin being Amy's boyfriend. S2, they were friends and you could tell they had a connection but they weren't very close obviously due to the depression the both of them endured. At the same time, I just feel like Amy is much closer with Hannah. I will always wish Laynie stayed but I am glad Amy has a friendship with Hannah. If Laynie would have stayed those other moronic friends would have been around too. Amy really needed this friendship given everything she went through in S2. She absolutely needed a sweet, peaceful friendship and Hannah was the perfect choice. Harold loves her, that much is clear and I find it sweet Hannah had been spending many nights watching movies with Amy and her parents, eating dinner over there and spending the night. Hannah fully supports and believes in Ephram and Amy which is great. When you think about the moment Hannah enters the screen, she is supporting Ephram and Amy and that never changed throughout the rest of the series. She always loves them together and gives Amy great support as a wonderful best friend should.

- I love how Amy convinces herself that she can be casual in her approach to talking with Ephram about sex but no dice on that wish. We immediately see her blunt questioning of why Ephram hasn't tried to sleep with her! And the chicken/condoms response was outstanding. Emily was at her best in that scene. LOL.

- One of many scenes that touched me deeply was whenever Ephram was in the cabin alone, and he was gazing lovingly at the picture of Amy as a little girl. I melted while seeing Ephram's face. This guy clearly adores Amy and his love for her is eternal. Also notice how calm and happy Ephram is with Amy. His immature behavior with Madison around their first time together was ridiculously annoying and boyish. Ephram has grown up so much since that time period. He is with the only girl he's ever truly loved and it's wonderful to see how much he adores and respects Amy.

- The first bed scene was phenomenal. Emily's performance was so good, I was feeling her every emotion. I cried right along with Amy. Damn, is that girl talented. And Ephram? Has anyone ever seen a more sensitive, selfless, patient, understanding, gentle, loving guy? Never in history of TV have I ever seen a young male character this amazing. Greg was brilliant. Wow. "Let's just take it off the table." Awww. Ephram's love for Amy is so endless and without question. He is the perfect description of a "gentleman" which is amazing to say due to how young Ephram is. Rose had it right... they can trust Ephram with their daughter and Harold knows it too. At the same time, I love how Andy took out the time to tell Amanda how much he loves Amy as well. It was great getting in these added extras to show how solid the Ephram and Amy love story truly is.

- I was completely moved while watching Ephram awake, watching Amy sleep, stroking her hair, gazing at her with eyes of love, chuckling over her snoring. Yet another brilliant example of how much this guy loves his soulmate.

- I love their cuddling in the morning and the intimate closeness they had with each other once Amy moves in very closely, and a little bit too closely for Ephram to handle. I loved Amy's reaction and Ephram's cute apology. Perfect. And then Amy pursues the intimacy and the perfect gentleman, Ephram, continues to make sure that Amy is really wanting to move further. And her speech to him was amazing. Beautiful.

- And the afterglow? Perfect. I loved Andy freaking out about Delia and a future boyfriend going camping. The look of glee on Ephram was adorable and Amy was so fun to see in front of her parents, she was simply glowing. She bounces in and could hardly contain herself.

- I really love the parallel of Ephram and Amy and Harold and Rose. They have done this before and I knew back then it was another sign that Ephram and Amy were making it to the finish line.

- The Ephram and Amy phone call at the end? Perfect. My favorite scene by far. There was so much intimacy during that phone call. They were both, "together" savoring their relaxed excitement over their time together. Magnificent.

- I also love that Ephram told Andy the truth about sleeping with Amy from the start. The maturity Ephram displayed being honest with his father was so great to see. Andy appreciated it so much.

- The chemistry between Treat and Anne is very good. I just think Anne Heche is a good actress in general so I am noticing the chemistry the two actors have together much more in this rewatch for some reason. I guess I am older and more mature and don't have to simply get grossed out by Andy and Amanda without noticing the other elements now if that makes sense. You can definitely feel the tension between Andy and Amanda in this one and obviously now it's out in the open too.

That said, I honestly don't believe Berlanti wanted us to flat out hate Andy and Amanda. In fact, he even mentioned he was shocked over how many hated Amanda. I just think he wanted to show that it was wrong, but they were two characters struggling with their lives (Andy with guilt over the Madison nightmare, Amanda dealing with her husband's health condition and be lonely) and that's why they found each other temporarily.

Frustrating about Andy though... he knows better...

1. Resisted telling Ephram about the baby, was finally ready to but decided against it after Harold told him not to.
2. For that matter, he told Ephram no to dating Madison. He went against it and caved.
3. He even knew deep down dating Linda was going to end badly but still went there and it ended in a heartbreaking way.
4. Amanda, he knows it is wrong yet later goes with it and makes things for both himself and Amanda even worse.

=

Andy's issue is he ignores his gut feelings and ends up getting into tons of trouble as a result.

- Jake being there for Nina was nice to see. Sam always misbehaves, doesn't he? LOL. You can really see in this episode why Nina decided to give Jake a chance in the future. How could she not? He has been nothing but sweet and kind to her while Andy is clueless and now going for the wife of a patient of his who is neurologically impaired.

- No Bright in this one, but Harold joking about Bright (even if it was kind of mean) was good to see considering how borderline cold he was in the past episode.

- Edna and Irv didn’t make an appearance either.

- Brittany telling Delia to give up hockey is not okay. She even knew Andy was going out on a date with Amanda. Brittany is the lingering, dark cloud that follows you everywhere. I am surprised she didn't turn out being related to Madison.

- Brenda Baxworth is just so horrible but plays that typical stuffy, judgmental, conservative woman in a small town that is in everyone's business constantly.

- Ephram looking at Amy's baby picture and picking up her old teddy bear along with Harold telling stories about Amy slightly hinted towards Ephram "stealing Amy's innocence" but in a beautiful, normal, healthy, appropriate kind of way. I really love the little things Everwood inserts into the episodes. Only Everwood.

Quote:
Amy: You bring the condoms, and I'll try to score some fried chicken for after.
^

Lastly:

I love the 3.3 and 3.9 parallel:

Quote:

AMY: I love you, Ephram.

EPHRAM: I love you too.

AMY: Yeah?

EPHRAM: Yeah.

AMY: Cool.

Quote:

[Cut to Amy's bedroom - Amy is asleep and Amy's cell phone is vibrating on her nightstand. She picks it up.]

AMY: Hi.

[Cut to Ephram laying in his bed.]

EPHRAM: Hey, I just called to see if you were snoring yet.

[Cut to Amy laying in her bed.]

AMY: Shut up.

EPHRAM: You grind your teeth too. Did I tell you that?

AMY: I do not.

EPHRAM: I know.

AMY: Whatcha doing?

EPHRAM: Nothing much. What are you doing?

AMY: Nothing.

EPHRAM: Cool.
They both say "Cool" during key moments of their relationship (ILY and sleeping together for the first time). Amy says it in 3.3 Staking Claim and Ephram says it in 3.9 The Reflex.

This series is a gem. I love it so much. My favorite show of all time and that will never change.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-07-2022 at 01:57 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks for that info!! I never knew!
I don’t know when I remembered but it certainly was way later on. I suppose it makes sense because filming is in Utah and she was with him. Unless something changed they actually live with their children in Utah even in the present. I guess their time while he was filming Everwood created a permanent residence for them.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Her character was basically an airhead in that scene!

Scott Wolf is ageless. He must be part vampire!
Definitely.

He really doesn’t.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I absolutely loved this wonderful, heartfelt, and incredibly touching episode as it mainly focused on the progress that the couple that we all love so much made in their relationship, and it also showed the progress that some other couples made in this episode which we didn’t necessarily want to see. The term “reflex” was prominently featured as this theme of this episode and that term took on different meanings as the episode progressed.
Yes, I loved how the term "reflex" was used, especially when Hannah pointed out to Amy that her flinching was also a reflex. Really good stuff.

Quote:
I liked seeing the opening scene as Ephram and Amy made out in his car at a drive-in (remember drive ins? ) and it was funny “hearing” their thoughts as they both felt uncomfortable and unsure of themselves and frustrated with the lack of progress in their romantic relationship, as their mutual final thought was “I’m never going to have sex!”
Pure brilliance.

Quote:
We saw Andy and Amanda continue to flirt as they waited for their children to get out of school, and we saw Delia and Charlie approach them holding hands, indicating that they were “boyfriend and girlfriend.” We then saw old nosy Brenda Boxworth ask Amanda who was taking care of John while “Dr. Brown was talking her ear off,” and I was concerned that Brenda might have realized that something was going on between Andy and Amanda, but Amanda responded to her in a snide way and she left.
It was my first thought as well, that Brenda knew something was going on.

Quote:
We saw Jake talking to Nina at Mama Joy’s and she invited him to go to the first ice skating event in Everwood, but Jake turned her down because he had a date, and he felt uncomfortable telling her that he had a date.
I actually liked that Jake was tense and even felt badly that he had to say no to Nina because he had a date. He knew deep down the date wasn't going to work out, too, because he only wanted to date Nina. He knew this and then finally finds out during this moment Nina is interested in that second date with him.

Quote:
Back at the Abbott house we saw Harold showing Hannah pictures of Amy when she was little and she had made a pillow fort, and he mentioned the cabin that they had in the mountains, but a clearly agitated Amy wanted to talk to Hannah and they went to Amy’s room. Amy expressed her frustration with her and Ephram not taking their relationship to the next level, or any level beyond kissing, and Amy said that she would bring the topic up with Ephram in a casual way. With Amy being Amy, however, her “casual way” of bringing up the topic was to directly ask him “Why haven’t you tried to have sex with me yet?” at school and a surprised and flustered Ephram said that she didn’t seem to want to take that step as she flinched any time he touched her and she said “that’s just a reflex” and he also said that he wanted their first time to be special, but Amy said that it didn’t have to be special, and it just had to be him, (which I thought was so incredibly sweet) and she suggested that they go to the cabin that her family owned.
All of this was so perfectly displayed.

Quote:
I was glad that Ephram asked Andy for permission to go on an overnight trip with Amy, and knowing what Ephram was asking, he accepted it and he told Ephram to be careful, and you could tell that what happened with Madison was still on his mind, but he still couldn’t tell Ephram the truth, and this knowledge was weighing on him and eating him alive, and all the guilt he felt about this situation and his upcoming affair with Amanda would manifest itself when he collapsed with a bleeding ulcer. I thought that Treat Williams did a great job in conveying Andy’s anguish.
Such strong scenes between Treat and Greg as Andy and Ephram in this one.

Quote:
We then saw Ephram meet Amanda as she walked into his house and their meeting was awkward and he left, and Andy said that he was upset about what Ephram had told him and she invited him on a “play date” with her, Delia and Charlie.
I love Ephram's response to the tall comment.

Quote:
We saw Amy and Hannah reading from a book called “Guide To Getting It On” and it was so like Amy to worry and obsess about this next step in her and Ephram’s relationship, and in this scene she truly showed she was Harold’s daughter as her obsessive behavior echoed his obsessive behavior to a tee.

The “reflex” topic came up again as Amy mentioned it to Hannah, and Hannah said that maybe Amy flinching might mean that she wasn’t ready to have sex yet, and she revealed that she didn’t want to have sex until she was married, but she respected the fact that Ephram and Amy were ready to take that step in their relationship.
I love when Hannah said that topic could be named after her. LOL.

Quote:
I liked that Ephram, at the cabin, was also nervous about taking that step as he saw her childhood pictures, and his love for Amy was so evident when he went out of his way to make everything special for him and Amy at the cabin, and you could see how touched she was by his gesture, as we first saw “Grand Gesture Ephram” at his very best, and Amy even alluded to how he made their first time so special to Rose in the Series Finale, much to Rose’s discomfort.

Quote:
I liked Harold and Rose’s conversation as he expressed his concerns about how Amy was growing up too fast, but like Andy, he was also hiding a secret that concerned him, namely Madison’s pregnancy, but he couldn’t tell Rose at that point, just like Andy couldn’t tell Ephram at that point. I loved how Rose pointed out to Harold that they were only two years older than Ephram and Amy when they first got together, and Harold jokingly said “Yeah, yeah, God punished us with Bright,” and Rose responded “oh you,” and they shared a tender kiss. That scene made me wonder though if Rose was pregnant with Bright when they got married, or if Harold was just being facetious. Either way though, even though Harold’s remark was made in jest, it did reflect on the low opinion that Harold has of Bright.
That's a good point about Bright and wondering if Rose got pregnant with Bright. I hadn't thought of that.

It makes sense both Harold and Andy would be terrified of Ephram and Amy having sex knowing he impregnated Madison. He already has one child out there and he's 17ish. You can understand why they are very worried.

Quote:
We saw Andy and Amanda growing closer as she admitted that she had set up their “play date” because she wanted to see him away from John and that she had feelings for him, but Andy, struggling with his own feelings for her, said “we can’t,” as their conversation was mercifully interrupted by Delia, who had had enough of Charlie, who selfishly wouldn’t allow her to have a turn in the batting cages, and we later found out that bad influence Brittany had convinced her to have a boyfriend in the first place.
I cannot stand Charlie. I know it's just a character but still hate admitting it is a boy but man, I cannot stand him. LOL. I love that Delia despises him in the end too.

Quote:
We saw Amy cry in Ephram’s arms as she was overwhelmed by everything and she didn’t feel she was ready yet, but Ephram was completely gentle and considerate with her as he understood and allayed her fears and he told her that they could just sleep and that they didn’t have to have sex, and I loved seeing his love for her and his understanding of how she felt in that scene.

Quote:
We saw that Jake’s date was interrupted by a frantic Nina, who, unable to reach Andy, (we saw that he had ignored her call earlier) called him and he ended his date to go and help an injured Sam. We saw how gentle and kind Jake was with Sam as he stitched up his chin, and he told him a story about how something similar had happened to him when he was a kid, and that calmed Sam down and it impressed Nina, who began to see Jake in a different light.
I did like the Star Wars story.

Quote:
I loved the scene with Ephram and Amy in bed together as he teased her about snoring, and the love and intimacy between them was so incredibly moving and wonderful, and after Ephram had a “reflex” of his own when she cuddled up to him, she told Ephram that she loved him and that he knew her better than she knew herself echoing Andy’s statement to Amanda that Amy was the only creature on earth who understands Ephram and she wasn’t thinking (meaning overthinking) anymore, and she was here with him and she wasn’t scared, and they made love. I honestly think that this show handled this topic in an incredibly wonderful and realistic way, and I loved this scene so much, as it was so incredibly intimate, moving and above all sweetly romantic.

Quote:
It was funny seeing Harold and Rose talk to a very happy Amy as they both realized that her and Ephram had spent a romantic night in their cabin, after Amy said “Are we really gonna sell the cabin on the lake?” and Harold telling Rose “That place goes on the market today” was hilarious!

Quote:
We saw Andy come to see Amanda with a list of doctors to see John because he wanted to remove himself from his case due to his feelings for her, which he knew were wrong, and I wish that everything between them had ended then and there, but unfortunately for them and us, it didn’t. We saw in this episode that it was Amanda who took the next step with Andy, but Andy was ambivalent about his feelings for her because while he clearly had feelings for Amanda, he knew that what they were doing was wrong, and he was wracked with guilt about it. One thing that I’ve really noticed in this rewatch though is what an incredible actress Anne Heche was. Everwood has such a knack for finding really talented people in every role on the show. I’ve always felt that Anne Heche’s career was derailed by the Anti-Gay bias that existed at the time due to her involvement with Ellen DeGeneres, which was really so unfair.
I agree. At the time she was a pretty big movie actress too. I remember her movie with Harrison Ford. It truly is sickening that her sexuality would remotely have affected her career. It is ridiculous, especially given how things are now and and statistics of just how many in general let alone in Hollywood have various sexuality "titles" if you want to call it that.

Bottom line is her career never should have been affected but of course it was because life is cruel for all the wrong reasons sometimes.

Quote:
I loved the final scene where Ephram called Amy and their conversation, while brief, was so intimate, loving and tender and they both were so happy, and it was so sweet to see.

Quote:
Overall, I really loved this incredibly moving episode, and it was one of my favorite episodes of the entire show.
100%.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-07-2022 at 02:30 PM
Old 03-07-2022, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Randomly ramble?
Quote:
-The fifth is actually Harold and Rose as they shared many cute scenes together and I have a feeling, got intimate in this one off-screen which is very adorable, too.
I totally agree. Rose looked just as happy at breakfast as Amy did. LOL

Quote:
- I found it interesting that cell phones were a prominent part of this episode. Even with Nina and Sam... we saw Andy's cell phone ringing at the restaurant as he ignored it, and then we saw Harold's cell phone vibrating, and finally we saw Jake answering his cell phone, which indicates Nina tried to call all three of them after Sam's accident. "Fate" apparently had Jake be the one helping her. I think the writers showed Andy as if to say the time is not right for Andy and Nina but stay tuned. Even Ephram and Amy were on cell phones.
Good catch. You're right...cell phones were very prominent this episode, and Andy really blew it by not answering his. He helped drive Nina to Jake.

Quote:
- The drive-in scene had me rolling on the floor because it was so accurately portrayed and what a riot it was to listen to what the both of them were thinking at the same time. "We're never going to have sex." I also loved the shot at Madison about sex in a car too.
That was the best part of the scene. Absolutely hilarious!
Quote:
I know some people wondered why they were so tense in this scene. Well, it's simple for me... they weren't awkward because they were making out, they have made out plenty of times before. They were awkward because they both knew their relationship was ready to take it to the level of sex and it made them nervous (and excited) as a result. I thought it worked perfectly.
Yes, the awkwardness always bothered me, but this explanation makes sense.

-
Quote:
I really appreciate the Amy and Hannah friendship in a way that I never did before this watch. I love how they talk about things. I love how Amy has basically blown off her stuck up, shallow, popular friends in favor of Hannah, who is filled with substance. I also thought it was awesome how Hannah wants to wait until marriage before having sex. Even with Hannah having this, she was very supportive and in fact, approving, of Ephram and Amy.
That's something that I don't understand. If Hannah doesn't believe in sex before marriage, why would she tell Amy that it's understandable that Amy would want to take it to the next level with Ephram.

-
Quote:
I love how Amy convinces herself that she can be casual in her approach to talking with Ephram about sex but no dice on that wish. We immediately see her blunt questioning of why Ephram hasn't tried to sleep with her! And the chicken/condoms response was outstanding. Emily was at her best in that scene. LOL.
She's adorable and of course she can't be casual.

-
Quote:
One of many scenes that touched me deeply was whenever Ephram was in the cabin alone, and he was gazing lovingly at the picture of Amy as a little girl. I melted while seeing Ephram's face. This guy clearly adores Amy and his love for her is eternal. Also notice how calm and happy Ephram is with Amy. His immature behavior with Madison around their first time together was ridiculously annoying and boyish. Ephram has grown up so much since that time period. He is with the only girl he's ever truly loved and it's wonderful to see how much he adores and respects Amy.
His gesture was so beautiful. Ephram didn't care that he didn't have to do anything special, but to him special was what Amy deserved.
Quote:
- The first bed scene was phenomenal. Emily's performance was so good, I was feeling her every emotion. I cried right along with Amy. Damn, is that girl talented. And Ephram? Has anyone ever seen a more sensitive, selfless, patient, understanding, gentle, loving guy? Never in history of TV have I ever seen a young male character this amazing. Greg was brilliant. Wow. "Let's just take it off the table." Awww. Ephram's love for Amy is so endless and without question. He is the perfect description of a "gentleman" which is amazing to say due to how young Ephram is. Rose had it right... they can trust Ephram with their daughter and Harold knows it too. At the same time, I love how Andy took out the time to tell Amanda how much he loves Amy as well. It was great getting in these added extras to show how solid the Ephram and Amy love story truly is.
Ephram was even okay when Amy asked, "What if we are never ready. " His response was, "Okay."

Quote:

- I love their cuddling in the morning and the intimate closeness they had with each other once Amy moves in very closely, and a little bit too closely for Ephram to handle. I loved Amy's reaction and Ephram's cute apology. Perfect. And then Amy pursues the intimacy and the perfect gentleman, Ephram, continues to make sure that Amy is really wanting to move further. And her speech to him was amazing. Beautiful.
Everything about this was perfect.
Quote:
- The Ephram and Amy phone call at the end? Perfect. My favorite scene by far. There was so much intimacy during that phone call. They were both, "together" savoring their relaxed excitement over their time together. Magnificent.
They were both doing nothing and just wanted to do nothing together.

Quote:
- The chemistry between Treat and Anne is very good. I just think Anne Heche is a good actress in general so I am noticing the chemistry the two actors have together much more in this rewatch for some reason. I guess I am older and more mature and don't have to simply get grossed out by Andy and Amanda without noticing the other elements now if that makes sense. You can definitely feel the tension between Andy and Amanda in this one and obviously now it's out in the open too
I just don't like that Amanda is pushing this even though it's evident that Andy is uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Quote:
Andy's issue is he ignores his gut feelings and ends up getting into tons of trouble as a result.
THe information Treat is holding in is definitely eating him up inside.
Quote:
- Jake being there for Nina was nice to see. Sam always misbehaves, doesn't he? LOL. You can really see in this episode why Nina decided to give Jake a chance in the future. How could she not? He has been nothing but sweet and kind to her while Andy is clueless and now going for the wife of a patient of his who is neurologically impaired.
Sam was sweeter than the old Sam, but yes, he is a typical boy who wants to do flips on the ice! lol Jake is exceptionally sweet with Sam. Nina can't help but be attracted to him.
Quote:
- Brittany telling Delia to give up hockey is not okay. She even knew Andy was going out on a date with Amanda. Brittany is the lingering, dark cloud that follows you everywhere. I am surprised she didn't turn out being related to Madison.
We'd like to give up Brittany!
Old 03-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My Thoughts......

Weird movie...awkward make out session. I've said it many many times before: This awkwardness is mind boggling for a teenage couple who have been dating over a year. I know it's meant as a prelude to awkward first time sex between them, and I'm assuming that it hasn't always been like this for these two...one would hope!
I have heard others feel the exact, same way. I didn't interpret it like that... I thought it wasn't about the making out, it was due to the both of them frustrated because they wondered when they would take it to the level of having sex. Ephram said Amy flinched when he tried to take it close to the next level but it seemed like they were doing tons of making out. It was progressing to the level of sex and I believe where the tension was coming from. But I can see why some wondered because we haven’t seen them do a lot of making out.

Quote:
I do love listening to their thoughts...so adorable.
Yes, Amy, you are much too classy to do it in a car the first time with Ephram. That would be reserved for less classy types.
It was such a clear shot at Madison. Amy didn't know this of course but the writers were thinking about comparing the two.

Quote:
Nina asking Jake out...very surprised that he turned her down. Poor Nina can't catch a break from these guys.
I am coming to believe that Nina did deserve to date Jake during this time period. She had a horrible marriage that ended badly and Andy is clueless. I just wish Nina and Jake didn't last so long but I think this was the right relationship for her at the time if it wasn't going to be with Andy just yet.

Quote:
Harold and Hannah get along so well and he does appear to have more in common with her than with his own children!
So true! They were even nonverbally communicating with each other as she and Amy were leaving and Harold gave her a look of knowing Amy was really going to be with Ephram.

Yes, Harold and Hannah have a father/daughter connection! He certainly never had this with Laynie.

Quote:
Amy, that's not casual. With Ephram who needs Paris? He does know no better not to have sex with Amy in a car.

Quote:
Poor Andy would do anything to spend quality time with Ephram...even setting up a chair and cooler to watch for a goat!
I wonder if it was a callback to Deer God, that moment, I wasn't sure.

Quote:
It's definitely a double standard for girls and boys. I don't believe Harold would have had the same reaction and have given permission if Amy had asked him if she could spend the night with Ephram in the mountains.
Ephram, you say that you know. But...do you really know? Thank God Amy is bringing the condoms.
I agree. You have to wonder though if Harold was extra freaking out because of the pregnancy. Nah, Harold would freak out regardless (it is Amy) but still, the pregnancy continues to linger. I actually felt for Rose who even mentioned she wished Amy would have come to her. Hannah had it covered but Rose didn't know this.

Quote:
Yeah right, Amanda. It's Charlie who wants a play date.

Quote:
Brittany, shut up.

Brittany and Charlie should get together.

Quote:
The Abbotts don't clean out their fridge before closing up the cabin? I have always wondered about that.
You notice the most hilarious things.

Quote:
I guess Harold is on to Amy and he let her go anyway. I take back what I said about the double standard.
Amy, where's the fried chicken? Your mom made lasagna.

Quote:
Why did Nina call Jake and not Andy? Jake did score some major brownie points while stitching up Sam.
I think she did call Andy first and maybe Harold even. Then Jake. Yes, Jake did good.

Quote:
Amanda, please leave Andy alone...you are being the pushy one and Andy is the one who is super uncomfortable about the whole thing!
Indeed.

Quote:
The Cabin...one of the best plots of this series. Everything was exquisite starting with the flowers....the lit fireplace....Ephram's patience and understanding....Blake Neely's music and ending with both Amy and Ephram being ready. Beautiful.

Quote:
You will not be going camping, Delia.

Harold is definitely selling that Cabin.

Quote:
Smart move, Andy. Nip this in the bud. I do have a feeling it's not over, though.
He tried.

Quote:
Lovely final Amy/Ephram scene. Wonderful episode.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Randomly ramble?

Quote:
I totally agree. Rose looked just as happy at breakfast as Amy did. LOL

Quote:
Good catch. You're right...cell phones were very prominent this episode, and Andy really blew it by not answering his. He helped drive Nina to Jake.
Seriously. He big time blew it!

Quote:
That was the best part of the scene. Absolutely hilarious!

Quote:
Yes, the awkwardness always bothered me, but this explanation makes sense.
I guess this is what I like to believe.

Quote:
That's something that I don't understand. If Hannah doesn't believe in sex before marriage, why would she tell Amy that it's understandable that Amy would want to take it to the next level with Ephram.
It doesn’t make any sense. I guess she also said it wasn’t just for religious reasons, it was also because for her she likes the idea of just being with only one guy the rest of her life. Maybe she feels like Amy found her one guy in Ephram already.

Quote:
She's adorable and of course she can't be casual.

I love their banter.

Quote:
His gesture was so beautiful. Ephram didn't care that he didn't have to do anything special, but to him special was what Amy deserved.

Ephram was even okay when Amy asked, "What if we are never ready. " His response was, "Okay."
I love him. I know people might question if he would have truly been okay and I actually believe because it was Amy he would be. It would be tough but there’s no way on earth he would ever pressure her. That said I also think he understood even on a subconscious level they would end up going there eventually.

Quote:
Everything about this was perfect.

Quote:
They were both doing nothing and just wanted to do nothing together.

Quote:
I just don't like that Amanda is pushing this even though it's evident that Andy is uncomfortable with the whole thing.
Yes. She even admits she used her own son. Not only that it was so annoying how pissed off she got when Andy mentioned John.

Quote:
THe information Treat is holding in is definitely eating him up inside.
Indeed.

Quote:
Sam was sweeter than the old Sam, but yes, he is a typical boy who wants to do flips on the ice! lol Jake is exceptionally sweet with Sam. Nina can't help but be attracted to him.
Agreed.

Quote:
We'd like to give up Brittany!
Absolutely.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:

- Five dates/pairings with one that ended up majestically (Ephram and Amy), another one on the way to romance status (Jake and Nina), one that was just Delia and Charlie (I hate Charlie, by the way), and the last one developing but shouldn't be (Andy and Amanda). The fifth is actually Harold and Rose as they shared many cute scenes together and I have a feeling, got intimate in this one off-screen which is very adorable, too.
I love how we all see and pick up on different aspects of these episodes. Yes, this episode definitely focused on couples.

Quote:
- The whole camping analogy was clever. When Harold and Rose were eating breakfast, I was totally thinking "They so went camping last night." Ephram then came home and Delia said she won't ever go camping and neither will the boy she dates, while Andy looked relieved... pure brilliance.
It really was brilliant and I didn't catch that camping analogy. Good catch!

Quote:
- This didn't happen on DVD, but I distinctly remember the PSA was out of place and speculation was Emily did not at all want to go there. She was speaking for the audience. Ephram and Amy's "first time" was romantic and responsible. Where was the PSA about teen pregnancy after the finale of Season 2 especially with the pregnancy lingering like a dark cloud? Rose asked Harold why he was so scared about Amy sleeping with Ephram, and you could tell deep down she wondered if there was something he was not telling her. Of course it was a hint and reminder about the pregnancy that Harold isn't telling Rose. I feel like that PSA should have been right after the finale of Season 2 aired (not to mention one on illegal relationships). Season 2 finale was the appropriate time, not in Season 3 after Ephram and Amy's mature, romantic, responsible and loving first time.
I vaguely remember that PSA but you're so right, it was out of place and the end of Season Two would have been the time for a PSA, not this episode.

Quote:
Another excellent catch. I didn't really notice how prominent cell phones were in this episode, and that Nina had tried to call all three doctors when Sam got hurt. Side note: Sam sure is an accident prone kid!

Quote:
- Greg and Emily really outdid themselves in this one. Just when you think their chemistry cannot increase even more, we have this episode. They literally did elevate even higher as Greg and Emily portrayed every part of the episode with perfection.
I just loved their scene in bed together and how in sync and intimate they were with each other. It was so sweet and moving.

Quote:
- The drive-in scene had me rolling on the floor because it was so accurately portrayed and what a riot it was to listen to what the both of them were thinking at the same time. "We're never going to have sex." I also loved the shot at Madison about sex in a car too. I know some people wondered why they were so tense in this scene. Well, it's simple for me... they weren't awkward because they were making out, they have made out plenty of times before. They were awkward because they both knew their relationship was ready to take it to the level of sex and it made them nervous (and excited) as a result. I thought it worked perfectly.
That scene was so hilarious and so accurate!

Quote:
- I really appreciate the Amy and Hannah friendship in a way that I never did before this watch. I love how they talk about things. I love how Amy has basically blown off her stuck up, shallow, popular friends in favor of Hannah, who is filled with substance. I also thought it was awesome how Hannah wants to wait until marriage before having sex. Even with Hannah having this, she was very supportive and in fact, approving, of Ephram and Amy. Amy really needed this friendship. I love Laynie, I really do, but when you think about it, Laynie was around during the first two seasons and Amy and Laynie were never this close. In fact, in S1, it kind of seemed like Amy and Laynie were friends but mostly due to Colin being Amy's boyfriend. S2, they were friends and you could tell they had a connection but they weren't very close obviously due to the depression the both of them endured. At the same time, I just feel like Amy is much closer with Hannah. I will always wish Laynie stayed but I am glad Amy has a friendship with Hannah. If Laynie would have stayed those other moronic friends would have been around too. Amy really needed this friendship given everything she went through in S2. She absolutely needed a sweet, peaceful friendship and Hannah was the perfect choice. Harold loves her, that much is clear and I find it sweet Hannah had been spending many nights watching movies with Amy and her parents, eating dinner over there and spending the night. Hannah fully supports and believes in Ephram and Amy which is great. When you think about the moment Hannah enters the screen, she is supporting Ephram and Amy and that never changed throughout the rest of the series. She always loves them together and gives Amy great support as a wonderful best friend should.
I'm really enjoying Amy and Hannah's friendship much more in this rewatch than I did the first time around. I still miss Laynie, but Hannah has really grown on me this time around.

Quote:
- I love how Amy convinces herself that she can be casual in her approach to talking with Ephram about sex but no dice on that wish. We immediately see her blunt questioning of why Ephram hasn't tried to sleep with her! And the chicken/condoms response was outstanding. Emily was at her best in that scene. LOL.
Emily really can do it all, heart-wrenching dramatic scenes and hilarious comedic scenes. We also really see that she's Harold's daughter in so many of these scenes.

Quote:
- One of many scenes that touched me deeply was whenever Ephram was in the cabin alone, and he was gazing lovingly at the picture of Amy as a little girl. I melted while seeing Ephram's face. This guy clearly adores Amy and his love for her is eternal. Also notice how calm and happy Ephram is with Amy. His immature behavior with Madison around their first time together was ridiculously annoying and boyish. Ephram has grown up so much since that time period. He is with the only girl he's ever truly loved and it's wonderful to see how much he adores and respects Amy.
I loved that scene too. Like he said in the Series Finale. Amy was it. She was his one.

Quote:
I loved that scene too and how understanding, patient, and gentle Ephram was with Amy. The way he was with Madison and the way he was with Amy was like night and day.

Quote:
- I was completely moved while watching Ephram awake, watching Amy sleep, stroking her hair, gazing at her with eyes of love, chuckling over her snoring. Yet another brilliant example of how much this guy loves his soulmate.

It was all so perfect and beautiful.

Quote:
- And the afterglow? Perfect. I loved Andy freaking out about Delia and a future boyfriend going camping. The look of glee on Ephram was adorable and Amy was so fun to see in front of her parents, she was simply glowing. She bounces in and could hardly contain herself.
It was so sweet and Harold and Rose picked up on it immediately.

Quote:
- I really love the parallel of Ephram and Amy and Harold and Rose. They have done this before and I knew back then it was another sign that Ephram and Amy were making it to the finish line.
I completely agree.

Quote:
It was a perfect ending to the episode.

Quote:
- I also love that Ephram told Andy the truth about sleeping with Amy from the start. The maturity Ephram displayed being honest with his father was so great to see. Andy appreciated it so much.
Yes, he did appreciate Ephram's honesty but you could feel his continuing anguish over Madison.

Quote:
- The chemistry between Treat and Anne is very good. I just think Anne Heche is a good actress in general so I am noticing the chemistry the two actors have together much more in this rewatch for some reason. I guess I am older and more mature and don't have to simply get grossed out by Andy and Amanda without noticing the other elements now if that makes sense. You can definitely feel the tension between Andy and Amanda in this one and obviously now it's out in the open too.

That said, I honestly don't believe Berlanti wanted us to flat out hate Andy and Amanda. In fact, he even mentioned he was shocked over how many hated Amanda. I just think he wanted to show that it was wrong, but they were two characters struggling with their lives (Andy with guilt over the Madison nightmare, Amanda dealing with her husband's health condition and be lonely) and that's why they found each other temporarily.
The whole thing was just complicated. Andy was lonely and Amanda was lonely and frustrated living with someone who was completely incapacitated, and so they were drawn to each other, but it was still wrong for them to engage in an affair.

Quote:
Frustrating about Andy though... he knows better...

1. Resisted telling Ephram about the baby, was finally ready to but decided against it after Harold told him not to.
2. For that matter, he told Ephram no to dating Madison. He went against it and caved.
3. He even knew deep down dating Linda was going to end badly but still went there and it ended in a heartbreaking way.
4. Amanda, he knows it is wrong yet later goes with it and makes things for both himself and Amanda even worse.

=

Exactly. Similarly, Madison also knew that getting involved with Ephram was a mistake but she did it anyway and the results were disastrous.

Quote:
Sam definitely is a handful, and having an absentee father made him even more difficult to control.

Quote:
- No Bright in this one, but Harold joking about Bright (even if it was kind of mean) was good to see considering how borderline cold he was in the past episode.
I thought that remark that God cursed them with Bright was pretty mean, even if Harold was kidding. I think that Harold always considered Bright to be a disappointment.

Quote:
- Edna and Irv didn’t make an appearance either.
It's hard to fit all the characters in. We didn't see Delia for a few episodes before this one.

Quote:
I can't stand Brittany. I wish that Delia would have ended her friendship with her. She's a horrible friend and a horrible person.

Quote:
- Brenda Baxworth is just so horrible but plays that typical stuffy, judgmental, conservative woman in a small town that is in everyone's business constantly.
She reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz from the show Bewitched!

Quote:
- Ephram looking at Amy's baby picture and picking up her old teddy bear along with Harold telling stories about Amy slightly hinted towards Ephram "stealing Amy's innocence" but in a beautiful, normal, healthy, appropriate kind of way. I really love the little things Everwood inserts into the episodes. Only Everwood.
Good catch!

Quote:
Lastly:

I love the 3.3 and 3.9 parallel:

They both say "Cool" during key moments of their relationship (ILY and sleeping together for the first time). Amy says it in 3.3 Staking Claim and Ephram says it in 3.9 The Reflex.
Another excellent catch!

Quote:
This series is a gem. I love it so much. My favorite show of all time and that will never change.
I feel the exact same way.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You notice the most hilarious things.
I just can't help it! When Ephram opened the fridge he moved back quickly and winced. I can't help but think that there must have been food left there and rotting! I'm sure I am the only one who noticed that. lol
Old 03-07-2022, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love how we all see and pick up on different aspects of these episodes. Yes, this episode definitely focused on couples.
That is so true. We are covering everything since everyone brings in different elements. It’s certainly a “group project” doing this present rewatch and I love it.

Quote:
It really was brilliant and I didn't catch that camping analogy. Good catch!
Thanks! I also looked back on some of my past comments as well so I’m pulling out my “notes” from taking this course before and integrating past and present thoughts.

Quote:
I vaguely remember that PSA but you're so right, it was out of place and the end of Season Two would have been the time for a PSA, not this episode.
I remember watching the episode live and it was Treat and Emily who did the PSA. Treat looked fine but Emily looked slightly annoyed and you could visibly see it. My guess is Emily and Treat both didn’t want to go there.

Quote:
Another excellent catch. I didn't really notice how prominent cell phones were in this episode, and that Nina had tried to call all three doctors when Sam got hurt. Side note: Sam sure is an accident prone kid!
He certainly is.

Quote:
I just loved their scene in bed together and how in sync and intimate they were with each other. It was so sweet and moving.
It was so beautiful.

Quote:
That scene was so hilarious and so accurate!
Indeed.

Quote:
I'm really enjoying Amy and Hannah's friendship much more in this rewatch than I did the first time around. I still miss Laynie, but Hannah has really grown on me this time around.
This is precisely how I feel. The two main reasons being watching Amy’s depression hit me a different way during this re-watch. She really and truly needed a good friend. The second reason being Hannah absolutely adored Ephram and Amy and I’ve always loved this about the character.

Quote:
Emily really can do it all, heart-wrenching dramatic scenes and hilarious comedic scenes. We also really see that she's Harold's daughter in so many of these scenes.
So very true. I love how we are able to see Emily can do both drama and comedy flawlessly.

Yes, Harold doesn’t hold back when he’s bothered by something with Rose. Both Harold and Amy are the opposite of casual.

Quote:
I loved that scene too. Like he said in the Series Finale. Amy was it. She was his one.

Quote:
I loved that scene too and how understanding, patient, and gentle Ephram was with Amy. The way he was with Madison and the way he was with Amy was like night and day.
Completely opposite. Ephram is an entirely different person. It is incredible. I love it so much. I have a feeling that is why Ephram was extra annoying and immature with Madison in S2. The writers were thinking ahead. They wanted to demonstrate his complete makeover when he was with the love of his life, Amy.

Quote:
It was all so perfect and beautiful.

It was so sweet and Harold and Rose picked up on it immediately.

I completely agree.

It was a perfect ending to the episode.
This episode had everything and more.

Quote:
Yes, he did appreciate Ephram's honesty but you could feel his continuing anguish over Madison.
That darkness lingers.

Quote:
The whole thing was just complicated. Andy was lonely and Amanda was lonely and frustrated living with someone who was completely incapacitated, and so they were drawn to each other, but it was still wrong for them to engage in an affair.
Exactly right. It makes complete sense why there would be a temptation but like you said it is still wrong for them to engage in an affair. Not only just an affair but Andy being his doctor makes it even extra inappropriate and crossing lines.

Quote:
Exactly. Similarly, Madison also knew that getting involved with Ephram was a mistake but she did it anyway and the results were disastrous.
Definitely and Andy had to take the fall which makes it even worse.

Quote:
Sam definitely is a handful, and having an absentee father made him even more difficult to control.
That’s very true. It does make sense Sam is like this. Andy had him evaluated too.

Quote:
I thought that remark that God cursed them with Bright was pretty mean, even if Harold was kidding. I think that Harold always considered Bright to be a disappointment.
It was very mean. It’s pretty bad when I personally would embrace this horrible comment because it was still better than what he pulled in the previous episode with his son and at least he’s joking which means he’s not that cold and ruthless Harold from before. It’s pretty pathetic when you think about it. I guess the writers knew this is exactly what it was going to be like. Even Bright’s name was a punching bag sort of hint.

Quote:
It’s hard to fit all the characters in. We didn't see Delia for a few episodes before this one.
Definitely.

Quote:
I can't stand Brittany. I wish that Delia would have ended her friendship with her. She's a horrible friend and a horrible person.
When you have the parents that she has we obviously see where she gets it from. But yes, Delia should have never talked to her again after what she pulled with Linda’s HIV diagnosis.

Quote:
She reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz from the show Bewitched!
I love this comparison.

Quote:
Good catch!

Another excellent catch!
Thanks!

Quote:
I feel the exact same way.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-07-2022 at 06:35 PM
Old 03-07-2022, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just can't help it! When Ephram opened the fridge he moved back quickly and winced. I can't help but think that there must have been food left there and rotting! I'm sure I am the only one who noticed that. lol

That place also had to have dust 5 inches thick!
Old 03-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

That place also had to have dust 5 inches thick!
Inside the fridge?
Maybe it wasn't a fridge. lol
Old 03-07-2022, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Inside the fridge?
Maybe it wasn't a fridge. lol

I meant all around the cabin there had to be dust everywhere.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I meant all around the cabin there had to be dust everywhere.
I thought the same thing! I had mentioned that we have to suspend our disbelief, or else Ephram got there early and cleaned the place up before Amy got there. Maybe Bright took one of his "dates" there earlier and he left the food in the refrigerator!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread