View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 02:50 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
My Thoughts......

Weird movie...awkward make out session. I've said it many many times before: This awkwardness is mind boggling for a teenage couple who have been dating over a year. I know it's meant as a prelude to awkward first time sex between them, and I'm assuming that it hasn't always been like this for these two...one would hope!
I have heard others feel the exact, same way. I didn't interpret it like that... I thought it wasn't about the making out, it was due to the both of them frustrated because they wondered when they would take it to the level of having sex. Ephram said Amy flinched when he tried to take it close to the next level but it seemed like they were doing tons of making out. It was progressing to the level of sex and I believe where the tension was coming from. But I can see why some wondered because we haven’t seen them do a lot of making out.

Quote:
I do love listening to their thoughts...so adorable.
Yes, Amy, you are much too classy to do it in a car the first time with Ephram. That would be reserved for less classy types.
It was such a clear shot at Madison. Amy didn't know this of course but the writers were thinking about comparing the two.

Quote:
Nina asking Jake out...very surprised that he turned her down. Poor Nina can't catch a break from these guys.
I am coming to believe that Nina did deserve to date Jake during this time period. She had a horrible marriage that ended badly and Andy is clueless. I just wish Nina and Jake didn't last so long but I think this was the right relationship for her at the time if it wasn't going to be with Andy just yet.

Quote:
Harold and Hannah get along so well and he does appear to have more in common with her than with his own children!
So true! They were even nonverbally communicating with each other as she and Amy were leaving and Harold gave her a look of knowing Amy was really going to be with Ephram.

Yes, Harold and Hannah have a father/daughter connection! He certainly never had this with Laynie.

Quote:
Amy, that's not casual. With Ephram who needs Paris? He does know no better not to have sex with Amy in a car.

Quote:
Poor Andy would do anything to spend quality time with Ephram...even setting up a chair and cooler to watch for a goat!
I wonder if it was a callback to Deer God, that moment, I wasn't sure.

Quote:
It's definitely a double standard for girls and boys. I don't believe Harold would have had the same reaction and have given permission if Amy had asked him if she could spend the night with Ephram in the mountains.
Ephram, you say that you know. But...do you really know? Thank God Amy is bringing the condoms.
I agree. You have to wonder though if Harold was extra freaking out because of the pregnancy. Nah, Harold would freak out regardless (it is Amy) but still, the pregnancy continues to linger. I actually felt for Rose who even mentioned she wished Amy would have come to her. Hannah had it covered but Rose didn't know this.

Quote:
Yeah right, Amanda. It's Charlie who wants a play date.

Quote:
Brittany, shut up.

Brittany and Charlie should get together.

Quote:
The Abbotts don't clean out their fridge before closing up the cabin? I have always wondered about that.
You notice the most hilarious things.

Quote:
I guess Harold is on to Amy and he let her go anyway. I take back what I said about the double standard.
Amy, where's the fried chicken? Your mom made lasagna.

Quote:
Why did Nina call Jake and not Andy? Jake did score some major brownie points while stitching up Sam.
I think she did call Andy first and maybe Harold even. Then Jake. Yes, Jake did good.

Quote:
Amanda, please leave Andy alone...you are being the pushy one and Andy is the one who is super uncomfortable about the whole thing!
Indeed.

Quote:
The Cabin...one of the best plots of this series. Everything was exquisite starting with the flowers....the lit fireplace....Ephram's patience and understanding....Blake Neely's music and ending with both Amy and Ephram being ready. Beautiful.

Quote:
You will not be going camping, Delia.

Harold is definitely selling that Cabin.

Quote:
Smart move, Andy. Nip this in the bud. I do have a feeling it's not over, though.
He tried.

Quote:
Lovely final Amy/Ephram scene. Wonderful episode.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote