Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2017, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Jaime, the Jack/Joey relationship is filled with so much irony that I can't even take it seriously in retrospect

Jack is hiding who he truly is, from others and himself, yet he flaunts his relationship with the only girl who Dawson loves and it's all for nothing. Jack's sexuality is his own business of course, but he put Dawson through so much discomfort and pain throughout Season 2 that it's difficult to defend his character a lot of the time. (Not that Joey is innocent - she chose to be with Jack knowing it would hurt Dawson, but still, I can't believe so much time was invested in Jack/Joey)

...And yet I honestly preferred Jack/Joey to Dawson/Jen. I have very mixed feelings when it comes to the couples on DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Aww yeah. And it was nice how in "Tamara's Return" Mitch helped Dawson realize that Joey wasn't just upset about the art thing.
I loved that Mitch was able to put aside his own pain over being betrayed by Gail to help Dawson and Joey mend their own relationship problems. Mitch was such a great man and father.

Quote:
Speaking of that episode, it was hard to watch Joey push Dawson away every time he tried support her new interest in art.
Season 2 is like a double-edged sword to me, because it's my favorite season for the beautiful Pacey/Andie romance, yet I DESPISE how they tear down Dawson and Joey's relationship so soon after spending the entire first season building up to it happening.

Paul Stupin's carefree attitude on the DVD commentary about DJo annoys me. He admits that they had the option to either write Dawson/Joey as a happy and committed couple, or break them up, and they went with the latter option just for the sake of displaying unnecessary drama.

The problem is that it sets in motion a long line of will they / won't they for DJo all over again. They should have evolved much better after Season 1, but the writers don't make the effort to take the immaturity out of their relationship.

It's a shame, because the Season 2 premiere 'THE KISS' had so much promise for them.

Quote:
"Part of me wanted to push you away and part of me wanted to hold onto you, so tight." "Which part of you won?" "I don't want to sound like a blob of paint but can we just put that on hold for right now?" This is honestly the only DJo breakup that made sense to me. She was gearing up to run a few episodes before she actually did. She was so scared of how much she felt. They were so young and those feelings had to be pretty intense for her at that age. It's funny how much Joey criticized Dawson for being a romantic/dreamer but he was the one who was more prepared for their connection.
And that is the ultimate irony of the entire show, really - Joey is her own worst enemy. She takes out her frustration on Dawson because he's an easy target who won't fight back, yet as she identifies, "I'm not fighting with you; I'm fighting with myself."

Some fans are way too harsh on Dawson. They ridicule and criticize him for his romantic dreamer outlook on life. But the truth is that Joey is the one who kept Dawson on a pedestal, pushing him away to "go find herself" but expecting him to still be there waiting for her after her relationship with Jack ends.

I think Dawson deserves SO much credit for the way he welcomes Joey back with loving arms in Season 2. Most guys would have given up after seeing her with another classmate for so long. He never stopped loving her.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
^ Yeah I liked Drue and he proved in Promicide that he wasn't the irresponsible moron that people initially thought he was. He made sure that no harm came to Jen. They would have made a cute couple, so I don't get why they didn't bring him back.

That was one of my favorite scenes of the show

I miss the early times of Dawson's Creek where Mitch and Dawson always had the father/son bonding, and Mitch was rooting for DJo as a couple. Loved it in Season 4 when Mitch told Dawson "it ain't over, till it's over."
I believe I remember that. fourth season will be airing again. Dawson grows up a lot.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I believe I remember that. fourth season will be airing again. Dawson grows up a lot.
I didn't like Season 4, but it was definitely a progressive period for Dawson

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

^ Aww such a cute moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
And that is the ultimate irony of the entire show, really - Joey is her own worst enemy. She takes out her frustration on Dawson because he's an easy target who won't fight back, yet as she identifies, "I'm not fighting with you; I'm fighting with myself."

Some fans are way too harsh on Dawson. They ridicule and criticize him for his romantic dreamer outlook on life. But the truth is that Joey is the one who kept Dawson on a pedestal, pushing him away to "go find herself" but expecting him to still be there waiting for her after her relationship with Jack ends.

That's so very true. She spent the majority of the series fighting her feelings for Dawson/being scared of what they had. That didn't change even in the finale sadly and why I think they'd ultimately find their way back together. I think that's why she chose Jack actually, she knew he wasn't really available and she could try something different without being in danger of losing her heart. If that makes sense.

And you're right, she did put Dawson on a pedestal. That was abundantly clear in 6x02 and I like that Dawson called her on that.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so longest day and show me love. ugh dawson really did act possessive but joey did go in after him in that ep after he found out about PJ.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
so longest day and show me love. ugh dawson really did act possessive but joey did go in after him in that ep after he found out about PJ.
Yeah, she did. Joey left Pacey outside to languish and get an earful from Andie.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Watched "Full Moon Rising" last night. The scene at the end of the episode on the rooftop was really bittersweet. You could tell Joey was conflicted about the unexpected kiss with Jack and wanted to tell Dawson about it but didn't because of what was going on with his parents. It was sweet to see her comfort him as he broke down. I felt so bad for him in that scene.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my favorite DJo scene for sure a guy crying in front of a girl, that's so rare
Old 05-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ agree with "4brathan&brucas" nicely said!!!

Dawson/James deserved better in the end! He wore his heart on his sleeve and was a dreamer which I'm like so there is nothing wrong being like that!!

It just proves that quote from joey "was running away from" was always Dawson. So silly how it was said in a PJ scene!! Laughable just like Paul Stupin.

KW if he stayed for the whole series would of been a DJ ending.

I didn't mind S4 as it showed how much stronger DJ connection was over PJ relationship and should of showed that it would always end with DJ..their connection is romantic as well!!

Still think to this day would always come back to DJ!
Old 05-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think Dawson deserves SO much credit for the way he welcomes Joey back with loving arms in Season 2. Most guys would have given up after seeing her with another classmate for so long. He never stopped loving her.
This

Here's a video I came across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKErnuMyRJs

Old 05-09-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)

Here's a video I came across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKErnuMyRJs

so pretty
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Excellent video!
Old 05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing!

Watched "The Dance" last night. Not my favorite episode for obvious reasons but I actually liked their breakup scene. There was such a sadness and intensity to that scene. And Joey was finally being honest about her confused feelings--it wasn't about Dawson, it was about her. She needed to find herself before she'd be ready for "them". I think this early s2 arc makes sense for them and was the only time them breaking up made sense in the context of the show. I think this is also where we see that Joey was always running from Dawson because she wasn't quite ready to be at that end point yet. It's just disappointing the writers didn't deliver on that in the end.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And also their first ILY that part kills me every time
Old 05-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4.07 I love that ep.