Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2017, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ I think I'll just make a s1 episode survivor to keep things simple.

Watched Decisions last night--the first episode of DC I ever saw. There was a lot of great DJo stuff in that one! I liked how they were talking about contrived cliffhangers in the beginning. It was a great setup for what was to come and what had been happening with them all season. Stuck in the same pattern--Joey pining and Dawson being oblivious. And I liked how that was broken, just by him simply talking to Joey's father about her. He only had glowing things to say about her and that's when it clicked, that she's everything to him and he'd be lost without her. I think he had to face the possibility of her leaving for him to grasp onto what he's always felt for her. She was always there and he never considered her being anywhere else. I think he was starting to see it even before that when he felt awkward about sharing a bed with her in a hotel. It took him out of his/their comfort zone. Joey knew he was just scared and so did he. Him finally telling her he was ready to be honest at the end. Another great subtext convo that led to their first real kiss! The way he pulls her back into him was so awesome and iconic.
The Season finale was the first episode you saw? That had to weird.

I can see how it would make you intrigued about going back & watching DJo though.

The montage with Broken Road I lost count how many times I watched just that b/c of the song.

I will never forget how obsessed I was with DJo & Season 1 in general.

It's the best written season even though I love PJo now.

DJo are special. I watched the show for them the entire series.

I didn't like PJo until repeats.

I taped all Season 1 episodes even the pilot b/c I had saw the previews & knew somehow I would love DC.

I rewatched episodes so much. My little brother's first crush was Joey.

This during Season 1 like on the weekends. It was repeats of DC & Buffy I had taped from FX. I did this some with Season 2 but not nearly as much. I didn't at all after that season.

It's so funny how much I hated Dawson/Jen then. Now I actually enjoy them in repeats.

I enjoyed a lot of couples in repeats that I didn't the first time.

I had hated PJo & Dawson/Gretchen.

Now basically the only couple I can't stand is Joey/Eddie!

I can't watch hardly any of Season 6 b/c of just them.

It's like Buffy/Riley in Season 4 for me.

It's that painful.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

Now basically the only couple I can't stand is Joey/Eddie!

I can't watch hardly any of Season 6 b/c of just them.

It's like Buffy/Riley in Season 4 for me.

It's that painful.
I can see the comparison.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I can see the comparison.
I've always thought of Eddie as the Riley of DC.

What did Joey see in him?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm with you all with the Joey/Eddie pairing.

We are getting a bit OT there though. Back to the DJo love. Looking forward to the Survivor when it comes out, but in the meantime Here's a short clip I know everyone will enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qnN3rQ9as

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Great moment!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty indifferent to Joey/Eddie but Riley/Buffy is the worst couple in TV history so I think the comparison is a little bit harsh even for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm with you all with the Joey/Eddie pairing.

We are getting a bit OT there though. Back to the DJo love. Looking forward to the Survivor when it comes out, but in the meantime Here's a short clip I know everyone will enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qnN3rQ9as
I will never ever get tired of that scène so romantic
Old 04-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 1 and 2 are airing on POP. Does everyone everyone 2.05 Full Moon Rising? that's a really good DJ ep.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I'm happy that they are keeping DC on POP. They already ran the entire series once. This is the second run.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
I'm pretty indifferent to Joey/Eddie but Riley/Buffy is the worst couple in TV history so I think the comparison is a little bit harsh even for them

I will never ever get tired of that scène so romantic
I think there are a lot worse couples actually.

What time does DC come on on POP?

I think Kiss The Rain is an Iconic DJo Moment.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Whole of season 1 was like a "Dawsons Creek Movie"!! DJ was perfect! But like everyone I wanted more!!! but if had to go back it will always be season 1 with season 2 next and then 4. Season 4 showed how much DJ are linked and always will be! I wanted more in season 5/6 DJ scenes in so on but didn't mind it ending on Coda episode as would leave door open for D/J to be together. Although sometimes I think season 6 finale has that intention..with D/J its never over!!! all roads lead back to them.

djers Can't believe still getting time to post here..man I feel old..lol
Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

taubman and it comes on pop on 11am and 12pm.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

taubman I'm getting old too then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
taubman and it comes on pop on 11am and 12pm.
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do love that quote in the title. I have to rewatch the whole series again.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Funny you posted that "Kiss the Rain" scene since I'll be watching that episode in a couple of days. One of my favorite DJo scenes! It's really too bad they replaced that song on the DVDs, it doesn't have the same impact as the original but still a great scene.

Jamie, I actually didn't see s1 in its entirety for years.

Watched "The Kiss" last night. Is it possible for me to comment on everything I loved about it one post? Probably not. They were so nervous around each other and flirty and just adorable in that episode. It was so sweet how Dawson gave her a daisy when he went to pick her up and told her he wanted to hold her hand. And their scene at the end was great, the second kiss, the rational one. I love how Dawson really jumped into their relationship with both feet in. It may have taken him a whole season to "get a clue" but once he realized he loved her, that was it. And I like that Joey didn't just give up Paris for him, it was more than that which was obvious in the s1 finale but it was nice to hear her say it aloud. Also loved the metaphor with the movie theater in this one, the bigger and better theater.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww the second kiss was so romantic, I flove it thanks for the reminder

Just read the inscription Joey wrote on the book (How to deal with your parents death) she gave to Dawson after Mitch's death and that he never read cause it was laying on her bed at the end of the episode

"Dear Dawson, when something like this happens, you wanna reach out and grab the people around you, the ones who matter the most. The ones you take for granted all the time. And you want to take those people and hold onto them as tight as you can, tell them how precious they are to you, how knowing them makes your life better every single day that you're living it. Because when something like this happens, you realize how awful it would be if they didn't know, if they weren't aware of the profound effect they've had on your life. So, I want to take this moment to tell you that I love you, Dawson, and I'm here for you... now, forever, and every day in between. Love, Joey."