Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Even though it was on an old forum, it still makes a lot of sense. I am not a shipper of either one of them either, but I would have chosen Dawson for her over Pacey as well.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictvfan91 (View Post)
Even though it was on an old forum, it still makes a lot of sense. I am not a shipper of either one of them either, but I would have chosen Dawson for her over Pacey as well.
me too : ) I liked pjo in season 3, but then I was getting more and more bored with them fighting constantly about her ex.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Actually it makes a lot of sense.
So series/season 5 and Pacey and Joey were over, HALLELUJAH!! However for some reason only know to TPTB of DC they decided that Dawson and Joey were not meant to have a genuine shot at being together in a proper (long term) relationship and have Mitch died which screwed them up. That was so hard as Mitch was such an amazing father as well as character and I hated he had to be killed off.
The surprise of the Dawson and Jen relationship was an interesting twist but I am glad it happen. It was good to watch and yet it was perfectly understandable when it ended.
It was a good series with all the other SLs but really it was just not for me what I had felt when I watched the first 2 series. What is weird is that Pacey and Joey are so over each other that Pacey is actively encouraging Joey to and finally go and get Dawson and stop running from what she has been feeling for so long about Dawson and yet we get the end of the last series.
As always this was a gorgeous video and as usual the best scenes that show the deep and intense love that Dawson and Joey have for one another. Kind of remind me of another tv couple from this era.

Series/season 4 was the torture of having to watch the Pacey and Joey relationship played out for most of the series. And believe me for me it was pretty painful having to watch them being together while seeing Dawson still attempting to be their friend even though in my mind neither of them deserve it.
I probably was one of only a few that like the Dawson and Gretchen relationship and in some ways felt she was a better match for him than Joey even though of course they never had the same intense in their relationship than the one Dawson had with Joey.
So if Dawson had mean to end up with Gretchen then I would have been more than fine with it. I guess with her being a bit older than her brother and his friends she was just more clued up about what they were going through and she was a good influence on Dawson. Still I guess never meant to be.
Boy this videos sure to bring back memories. Enjoyed the series but just not on the level as the first two. It just started to lose it's magic as it seem to be trying to be too complicated and clever when it really wasn't.
and then we come to series/season 3 where they pretty much IMO ******ed up all that was good and decent about DC by bring in the Pacey and Joey 'love' story. For me it never recovered after this and spoiled it forever.
Just the worse thing that could happen than for Dawson to see his (male) best friend go off with the love of his life. And the scene at the end where he decides he has to let her go to go to Pacey for her to hopefully one day come back to him was so mind numbingly crushing. I don't how Dawson could get over it and still be friends with either of them to tell you the truth.
I absolutely hated this series with a passion and for me will always be the worse one out of all of them.
And sadly while I was never a big Pacey fan in the first place, it did put me off Joey in a way that I've never been able to see her as the girl that deserved Dawson. Yes in some way I still believe that they were the couple that should have end up together in the final episode however I just couldn't like her as much anymore.
Again wonderful video even if it was the most painful one out of all of them.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-17-2014 at 05:22 PM
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Extreme Fan

No matter how many people say otherwise, Pacey and Joey's relationship was doomed to failure. And you can see it like this:
  • When Pacey and Andie were together, they were so proud of being with each other that they openly displayed it in the halls in front of the whole student body.
  • When Pacey and Joey were together, they skulked around the halls of Capeside High feeling ashamed about being a couple.
  • Andie inspired Pacey to find the hero within himself and through her words of gentle persuasion and encouragement, he found a strong sense of belief in himself.
  • Joey's constant running to Dawson for every little thing coupled with her utter indifference in what went on in Pacey's life made him feel in his own words "stupid, worthless, and never right". Time and time again, Joey would coddle Pacey, but she would never actually put in any effort to help him in a crisis. Sappy words don't cut it, Joey.
  • Pacey and Andie's relationship was built on a strong foundation of communication, so whatever issue they were dealing with would be quickly resolved and never brought up again.
  • Pacey and Joey couldn't talk to each other about anything, so the same arguments kept circulating between them with no resolution in sight.
  • Andie and Pacey were on equal footing.
  • Pacey never knew where he stood with Joey.

It's not that hard to see that Pacey and Joey were and are horribly suited for each other. They were a rebound relationship, simple as that. The only reason why they were together at all was because they found someone who they could commiserate with and lick each other's wounds. A relationship like that's severely unhealthy because it's an escape mechanism, so in other words, they were using each other in order to escape facing up to their problems rather than taking them head on like any real couple would do.

How anyone could think these two were destined to be together is beyond me.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was always so strange to me that after Kevin abandoned Dawson's Creek, he never watched it and didn't know what had happened in the intervening seasons between his departure and the finale. They had to tell him to put Joey with Pacey, because he went into the first half of the finale with Dawson and Joey in mind. I wonder why he didn't watch it. If it were me, I would have wanted to be a little more watchful over something I had created. Trust no one lol. The writers got a little schizo after he left because none of them felt the characters as deeply as he did. They got by in seasons 3 and 4 but that lack of care really began to show in the college years, particularly season 6. Luckily, the last few episodes were phenomenal after they returned to the heart of the show when all the main characters once again converged into one storyline. Their side lives without each other were never as captivating.

this was an avid Djer. I think it's mostly because they hate dawson and andie. not everyone has to like everything, but it always seems that pjo is voted best couple and there are always gifs of them on tumblr and vids made of them to this day. I don't even want to argue with the tumblr community. but yet they say Djo fought and I quote: that they were a infatuation/childish love and that pacey was the mature love.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-17-2014 at 06:26 PM
Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Extreme Fan

The second to last episode season four was "The Graduate"

The only person Pacey told he graduated was Andie.

Pacey also told Andie why he didn't tell anyone else. He did it for himself, not for Joey or his friends. Andie was the person who instilled self confidence in Pacey.

Then Pacey goes on to thank Andie for being the first person to believe in him, which is where his self confidence came from.

After Joey and Pacey broke up season four Pacey seemed more like himself. His drive to succeed came back, which is why he broke his ass studying so he could graduate.

And finally Pacey never picked up Joey and swung her around like he did with Andie.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The second to last episode season four was "The Graduate"

The only person Pacey told he graduated was Andie.

Pacey also told Andie why he didn't tell anyone else. He did it for himself, not for Joey or his friends. Andie was the person who instilled self confidence in Pacey.

Then Pacey goes on to thank Andie for being the first person to believe in him, which is where his self confidence came from.

After Joey and Pacey broke up season four Pacey seemed more like himself. His drive to succeed came back, which is why he broke his ass studying so he could graduate.

And finally Pacey never picked up Joey and swung her around like he did with Andie.
those are all true tony, but I do keep seeing pjo stuff on tumblr and there are still videos being made. I'd thought Id post this:

4.09 dawson fight one billion.

I quit watching this show after S2 and when I heard that it ended with Pacey/Joey I just thought wow, they really threw the whole concept of the show out the window didn't they? It's like a fanfiction version of how the show would have ended, not the real one supposedly written by professional writers lol. But oh well, it's not like this show had oodles of integrity and originality to begin with. They probably had to rely on the fangirls to get through so many years so they pandered to them.

How did this beautiful couple in season 3 go from the perfect Anti-prom episode scene where they are dancing and there are fireworks/explosions and passion everywhere to this Prom episode where everything crashes and burns?! Lord. I loved the build-up of their relationship (from friendship to secretly being in love with each other) more than them being a couple tbh. thank you!

Honestly Joey never deserved Pacey he was way too good for her and this season was my least favorite because of Joey and Pacey's relationship, I too noticed that throughout this season Joey became controlling over Pacey and treated him like a charity project, that's not a healthy relationship.

I love this scene so much, this is amazing. I always hated P/J together here's the proof of Pacey feeling miserable because of Joey. I hate her, cause she wasn't there for him in a way like Andie was, for instance. With Andie, Pacey became the man he always wanted to be, with Joey... Well you get the picture. He just couldn't take it anymore, and I totally understand why. I wish they've never brought these two back together. Joey NEVER deserved Pacey's love. The writers screwed this thing up. interesting comments from the few that are non pjers.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-21-2014 at 12:32 PM
Old 09-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think Joey deserved either Dawson or Pacey both men were way too good for her and better of without her. She made both men miserable. I don't hate Joey I just hate how fickle the writers wrote her. As much as some may blame either Dawson or Pacey, I have heard ridiculous comments about how both men mistreated her, in truth it was Joey who mistreated them and ruined the relationships, JMO. Neither Dawson or Pacey were perfect and yes they made mistakes in their relationships but both were good to Joey and were decent men. Joey just didn't appreciate them and often took them for granted. The problem with PJ in season 4 was Joey wanted her cake and to eat it too.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I don't think Joey deserved either Dawson or Pacey both men were way too good for her and better of without her. She made both men miserable. I don't hate Joey I just hate how fickle the writers wrote her. As much as some may blame either Dawson or Pacey, I have heard ridiculous comments about how both men mistreated her, in truth it was Joey who mistreated them and ruined the relationships, JMO. Neither Dawson or Pacey were perfect and yes they made mistakes in their relationships but both were good to Joey and were decent men. Joey just didn't appreciate them and often took them for granted. The problem with PJ in season 4 was Joey wanted her cake and to eat it too.
true, that is very true. PJo started off well I think but then hmmm...they started fighting constantly about her relationship with dawson, that she always pined for him or agonized over him while she was with pacey.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I have felt if Joey was to wind up with someone it should have been Eddie...He was as sarcastic, arrogant, and self absorbed as she was.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I have felt if Joey was to wind up with someone it should have been Eddie...He was as sarcastic, arrogant, and self absorbed as she was.
He was annoying too. I think I like both d/j and p/j better as friends. I will say the build up for both couples were good and I didn't mind p/j the first go around. I just hated that when you though either Dawson or Pacey were finally over her wam the writers had them pining after again and having me ask why. I think I was in the minority that wanted Dawson and Pacey to choose each other and their friendship in season three leaving Joey all alone like Booke and Peyton did in season 1 on OTH they realized Lucas was not worth sacfricing their friendship over and that they both deserved better. That made Lucas grow up and realize he had to make a choice and prove he was deserving. Joey never had to make a choice and change her ways because the men kept going back to her and fighting over her.

Honestly I don't get how Joey was the most relatedble character and why she was so popular. She flip flop back and forth between two men, and basically came between two life long best friends. She was sastified with either one of them no matter what they did for her it was never enough. She had commitment issues for no good reason. She never really did anything for either man to show she was committed and devoted to them. On top of all that she was rude, nasty, condescending, judgmental to people and had the nerve to blame her father for why people didn't like her when they told her several times it was because of her attitude.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 09-24-2014 at 04:45 PM
Old 09-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Honestly, I have no idea why they placed together Pacey and Joey because they always looked so horribly strained together. Like, at any moment, I felt like Josh was going to break character and say "you honestly want me to continue acting with this slipshod material?".

Just look at those two gifs above and look at how badly they squirm when they're near each other.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He was annoying too. I think I like both d/j and p/j better as friends. I will say the build up for both couples were good and I didn't mind p/j the first go around. I just hated that when you though either Dawson or Pacey were finally over her wam the writers had them pining after again and having me ask why. I think I was in the minority that wanted Dawson and Pacey to choose each other and their friendship in season three leaving Joey all alone like Booke and Peyton did in season 1 on OTH they realized Lucas was not worth sacfricing their friendship over and that they both deserved better. That made Lucas grow up and realize he had to make a choice and prove he was deserving. Joey never had to make a choice and change her ways because the men kept going back to her and fighting over her.

Honestly I don't get how Joey was the most relatedble character and why she was so popular. She flip flop back and forth between two men, and basically came between two life long best friends. She was sastified with either one of them no matter what they did for her it was never enough. She had commitment issues for no good reason. She never really did anything for either man to show she was committed and devoted to them. On top of all that she was rude, nasty, condescending, judgmental to people and had the nerve to blame her father for why people didn't like her when they told her several times it was because of her attitude.
this completely. I don't get it either and I still wonder after all this time.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
this completely. I don't get it either and I still wonder after all this time.
I don't know many shows where flip flop fickle characters are popular, I tend to find them annoying.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 09-27-2014 at 02:58 PM
Old 09-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know many shows where flip flop fickle characters are popular, I tend to find them annoying.
me neither, actually on the show degrassi a couple of those types of girls were popular. but no not really. and also maya and clare from degrassi is like joey, all three of them are getting worse.

this is a really funny comment from imdb:

As I predicted. when the end game was pacey and joey, it was due to all the teen girls glamorizing Josah Jackson and fangirling over badboy pacey so it is only naturally they will root for him to get the girl but now that is has been over a decade and many people are grown up. they are beginning to favour dawson/joey more.

I am not surprised. right now. I am watching all the P/J and D/J moments on youtube and I am seeing a big difference in their dynamic.

pacey and joey do have this epic young love but it is a love that seems and feel has an end or its a love that feels that both characters can share again with someone else in another lifetime wheeras with dawson ans joey there seems to be a sense of them been each others endpoint especially when they were older. there always felt like each others end and infinite and beyond.

I am glad people eyes are now opening.

pacey and joey got togehter because of the hugh fangirl of Josah/pacey but that is over now. we are all adults and I think any person with a good sense would know that dawson and joey would have been better in the long run.

Joey overall should have just ended up with a new guy.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 10-02-2014 at 01:55 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread