Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Leytehun Welcome to the thread. You'll find that we are a friendly group of people who know that Pacey/Joey was the biggest mistake of the series.

And did you know Pacey/Joey was not supposed to happen, and was decided at the very last minute, which is why the ending looks tacked on.

Also the actress that played Andie (Meredith Monroe) actually influenced the ending.

The link below is to one of the best D/J threads on fanforum. The tread is open to all viewpoints about Dawson's Creek, but is heavily pro P/A D/J

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwoo...ight-63124542/
Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Many advocates of Pacey and Joey will argue that they were foreshadowed from season one on. They weren't it was a last minute mistake by Kevin Williamson.

Pacey and Joey one of the worst couples on TV...all they did was lie to each other and argue and every time joey had a problem she ran to Dawson, not her boyfriend. Dawson would have been a dark cloud over that relationship forever.
I absolutly agree!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Leytehun Welcome to the thread. You'll find that we are a friendly group of people who know that Pacey/Joey was the biggest mistake of the series.

And did you know Pacey/Joey was not supposed to happen, and was decided at the very last minute, which is why the ending looks tacked on.

Also the actress that played Andie (Meredith Monroe) actually influenced the ending.

The link below is to one of the best D/J threads on fanforum. The tread is open to all viewpoints about Dawson's Creek, but is heavily pro P/A D/J

Everwood Fans on Dawsons's Creek #5: Because Berlanti was involved with both shows, and at least he got Everwood right!
Thx for the warm welcome Btw. except the Meredith thing I heve read the whole mess about the struggling with the end but nonetheless thank you very much for the new info. ::))
Old 06-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

welcome
Old 06-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thx for the warm welcome Btw. except the Meredith thing I heve read the whole mess about the struggling with the end but nonetheless thank you very much for the new info. :)

Meredith Monroe was dropped from the show s4e7 They brought her back for the graduation episode season four.

I have my theories on why this happened. I do know it wasn't the actress's idea.

The official line was they had no more ideas for Andie. Which is B.S.

When Kevin Williamson was given the last two episodes to write, he called Meredith Monroe. He wanted her back for the final. The actress was filming something else and could only give him one day instead of the 2 or 3 weeks he needed her.

They filmed three scenes that were cut from the final TV version, but can be found on some of the DVD releases.

Without Meredith, Kevin Williamson could not write the story he wanted, and eventually we wound up with Pacey and Joey

Don;t let anyone tell you that Pacey and Joey were meant to be together from the beginning.....They weren't
Old 06-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetee (View Post)
That PJ scene in the series finale is *hands down* the worst scene in the series IMO. So cringe-worthy and lacking any sense. It was clearly written with DJ in mind. I understand that KW decided to change the ending from DJ to PJ last minute, but was he so lazy that he couldn't even change the dialogue in that one scene?
Exactly! How annoying is that? That was so lazy and ridiculous. Seriously, the entire series finale looks like it's going to be Dawson/Joey until the very last second when that tacked on ending that makes no sense transpires. It's unreal to me that Williamson and Stupin actually insulted us that much and didn't even bother to adjust things. That tacked on ending was thrown together. It was insulting and utterly ridiculous. I remember when the series finale took place, even some PJ fans I talked to were not even all that happy with the ending. They even said it didn't make sense. Well, some, anyway. lol

What a crap series finale. I have no idea how the PJ fans that are happy with it could be satisfied. It was thrown together and makes no sense.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what they're doing right now. I would never want that kind of relationship.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Meredith Monroe was dropped from the show s4e7 They brought her back for the graduation episode season four.

I have my theories on why this happened. I do know it wasn't the actress's idea.

The official line was they had no more ideas for Andie. Which is B.S.

When Kevin Williamson was given the last two episodes to write, he called Meredith Monroe. He wanted her back for the final. The actress was filming something else and could only give him one day instead of the 2 or 3 weeks he needed her.

They filmed three scenes that were cut from the final TV version, but can be found on some of the DVD releases.

Without Meredith, Kevin Williamson could not write the story he wanted, and eventually we wound up with Pacey and Joey

Don;t let anyone tell you that Pacey and Joey were meant to be together from the beginning.....They weren't
Pacey and Joey as a meant-to-be couple? That's sg. nobody can convince me about!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
What a crap series finale. I have no idea how the PJ fans that are happy with it could be satisfied. It was thrown together and makes no sense.
One of my other favourite show was JAG. That happened to it too. That was better than DC with a little much because it had with H/M shipper end - sort of. But the main point is that they did not make JAG's final correctly either.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

interesting.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

The following posts were taken from IMDB. What makes them interesting is that they were all P/J'ers. They re-watched the series years later and now realize what a bad match Pacey and Joey actually were.

Enjoy

Quote:
Questioning Pacey and Joey

image for user vyperman7
by
vyperman7
» Sat May 3 2014 19:53:23 Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since March 2000
Post Edited:
Sat May 3 2014 20:05:40
Did a series re-watch recently for the first time in years. I used to like the idea of Pacey/Joey. But now I'm re-thinking it. Joey did feel it with Dawson but ended it because of the Natasha situation. Yet, she tells Pacey flat out she doesn't feel it and she goes back to Eddie.

So why would seeing Pacey after five years suddenly make her feel it? If anything having unresolved feelings with Dawson and being reminded with his show should have made her edge that way. As I said I've never liked Dawson and I used to appreciate P/J. But she got closure with Pacey and flat out told him there was nothing there.
Re: Questioning Pacey/Joey
image for user Yaa_Yaa_9
by
Yaa_Yaa_9
» Wed May 7 2014 20:43:46 Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since January 2008
Post Edited:
Thu May 8 2014 07:15:06
I don't get myself. I used to really like Pacey and Joey too but now that I watch reruns, I find myself wondering why I even liked them to begin with? Joey is always unhappy with Pacey and is always mad with him about something, whilst putting him down. But Pacey doesn't see it because he's so hopelessly in love with her, put her on a pedestal and is used to being put down by everyone in his life anyway. It pisses me off.

He was much better off with Andie. I'll admit I may be a bit biased in my comment here because I really don't like Joey and I never have but her and Pacey were not good together, it seems to me that Pacey always did well in his life when she wasn't apart of it.

EDIT: So I just watched the series finale, never having watched it before and I think Joey should've ended up alone. Yeah it would have pissed viewers off at the time but it would be for the best.

She and Dawson had like zero chemistry, the only time that they did have chemistry was in season 1. After that they were kinda dead to me.

Joey and Pacey had chemistry but God, their relationship sucked.

Also, Pacey was right, Joey should find someone who keeps up with whatever lifestyle she chooses for herself and Pacey was so clearly not that person. Even though he felt bad about staying in Capeside, that's where he was most comfortable. He had a business there. But now that he moved to New York with Joey without a job, it's only a matter of time before he feels undermined by her and she belittles him for it and they break for what feels like the billionth time.

Or at the very least, the main writer should have ended the series the way he wanted it to, for Joey to end up with Dawson. Rather that than her and Pacey.
Re: Questioning Pacey/Joey
image for user Sanjasss
by
Sanjasss
» Thu May 8 2014 13:33:39 Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since March 2012
I agree. Back in the day, I rooted for P/J to end up together and I was over the moon when they actually did. But now, after 10 years or so and having re-watched the series, I feel the complete opposite.

1. I HATE JOEY!!!! Could not stand her this time around. During this whole re-watch period I couldn't remember why I thought that she was such a great character. She is so boring and condescending and rude and makes everyone around her feel awful. Every single person on this show is a lot more interesting without her. She just brings out the worst in everyone.

2. Pacey and Joey were NOT a good pairing. Pacey is so much better than Joey, and I hated every time she made him feel otherwise (and boy did she do just that). I used to think that Dawson was a crappy character and that Joey should be with Pacey, but now I think that Dawson and Joey deserve each other. Pacey would be much better off with Andie or someone else.

3. I like Andie. I liked her when she first came on the show, but as season 3 was approaching my feelings about her changed and now I understand why. They completely assassinated her character in season 3. What the hell?! Just for the sake of princess Joey?!?!?! I hated hated hated what they did to Andie's character in season 3 (and especially her ridiculous wardrobe-choices), and the fact that she and Pacey never reunited. That would have made for some great story lines. But no, all we got was the stupid love triangle between Pacey/Joey/Dawson that was beyond stupid, which brings me to my next point...

4. The love triangle...... a big fat sigh!! It was beyond weird how much Joey cared about Dawson's feelings about her relationship with Pacey, lying to him about sleeping with Pacey, etc. It is just plain weird. Season 4 was the worst. All of the build to Pacey and Joey and no pay off. All they did in season 4 was argue about Dawson. Why on earth were they even together? Just to bitch and moan about how Dawson's feelings got hurt?

It's funny how time (and re-watching) changes your opinion completely.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love those posts
Old 06-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Those posts are golden.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah. these two got boring with the same fight over and over.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't laugh during Promocide.

I did however cheer and yell FINALLY when Pacey exploded, though obviously he could have picked a better time and place to do so, better yet, nip it in the bud and realize his huge mistake right after Joey kept pushing him for kissing her in season 3. Did the show want to show us how deeply emotionally messed up Pacey really was by having him chase after a girl that physically assaulted him after he kissed her? It's a bit disturbing for a teen soap. Not that Joey is any better by falling for somebody who's largely considered a screw-up (I say largely because there's at least one person who never did).

Seems like in some weird way they each kinda represent the others father and are both trying to get something from the other their dads didn't/wouldn't give them. (Man, those are way too deep thoughts for this late hour )

-Sunny
Closed Thread   Post New Thread