Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
A great post from IMDB, and no it's not mine

There are some other posts along this vein, And it is so true. many people re-watching Dawson's Creek ten years later wonder what they ever saw in Pacey/Joey
thanks tony. I also posted some things on the everwood board.

I LOVED Andie in the second season but the writers went out of their way to assassinate her character in the third season. I feel as if the only reason they did what they with her character was to give plausibility to the idea of Joey and Pacey getting together because, let's face it, Andie and Pacey's relationship was powerful. I feel as if, unless they utterly destroyed them would people be open to the idea. Unfortunately, this meant that Andie had to de-evolve as a character.

One character that I feel took a an even MORE negative turn in the third season though is Joey. She became an overbearing nag to both Pacey and ESPECIALLY Dawson. I'm not sure far you've gotten, but there's an episode involving a party on a golf course and I just wanted to tell her to shut up and let Dawson be. My god, it's no surprise that he has a complex when he has everyone around him telling what he SHOULD be doing and how he SHOULD be acting.
I could not agree with you more. I've seen characters go downhill before, but NEVER to the extent of that they did with Andie. It was like she was a totally different character. I'm sorry, out of all the girls, I find Joey to be the most insufferable. And it's funny because, when watching this in high school when it first came on, I was all about Joey, and especially Joey and Dawson. But now, I'm able to see that the writers NEVER knew how to make things happen organically. From Dawson and Joey's many breakups, to Andie post-season two, and SO many others.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Extreme Fan

A few years back I stumbled onto this post on this site. The simplicity and accuracy impressed me so I copied it

Quote:
i adore this couple it saddens me so much that they were forgotton about. I honestly thought i was the only one die hard fan of theirs thought everyone got swept away with PJ love. But for me pacey should have fought harder for andie, of course it was OOC for andie to cheat but the pacey in S2 should have tried to understand and fight for her. Broke my heart in S3 as he slowly forgot her in a romantic way, he did the one thing he promised her he would never do.. left her
I find this to be a powerful statement and wish I had thought it up.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A few years back I stumbled onto this post on this site. The simplicity and accuracy impressed me so I copied it

I find this to be a powerful statement and wish I had thought it up.
I like that statement.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Joey: Even when everything is perfect, being with you doesn't feel right, and I'm sorry. Look, everything tonight-- I mean, tonight was lovely and fun and... you've become this... I mean, this amazing man, but it doesn’t... I'm sorry. I don’t... I don't feel it. And I can't do this with you.
That's true love. lol

They were clearly putting the final nail in the coffin for PJ there. They already did that at the prom in season 4 but they decided to really stick that nail in during this season 6 episode.

That tacked on series finale ending is even more hilarious thinking about this quote above.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
That's true love. lol

They were clearly putting the final nail in the coffin for PJ there. They already did that at the prom in season 4 but they decided to really stick that nail in during this season 6 episode.

That tacked on series finale ending is even more hilarious thinking about this quote above.
they shouldn't have gotten back together.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
they shouldn't have gotten back together.
Nope. It's so unrealistic just based on that quote alone. I know the argument would be that Joey was scared and running form Pacey. I don't buy it. The only one she ever was running from was Dawson. This running from Pacey bit is unfounded and doesn't make a lick of sense. Joey told him she doesn't feel it, not she just can't or their past hurts too much or some other indication that she was running and couldn't be with him. She was clear and seemed completely together and determined when she said that to him. She meant it.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

exactly Michelle. I still will never understand this pairing.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I was browsing around and found what most likely was meant as the final Pacey/Joey encounter.

Quote:
[Scene: Outside the School dance. Pacey is outside looking out into the night, when Joey comes out to join him.]

Joey: Hey. Ooh.

Pacey: Yeah, I know. Kids today, huh?

Joey: That damn rap music.

Pacey: And those baggy pants. Even with the damage to my unsuspecting eardrum, I did think that tonight was quite nice. Quite nice.

Joey: Yes. Quite. Perfect. It was... it's been a perfect night.

[He leans closer like he is going to kiss her]

Joey: Pace? I can't do this.

Pacey: You can't do what?

Joey: Even when everything is perfect, being with you doesn't feel right, and I'm sorry. Look, everything tonight-- I mean, tonight was lovely and fun and... you've become this... I mean, this amazing man, but it doesn't... I'm sorry. I don't... I don't feel it. And I can't do this with you.
Joey made it real clear what she thought of a relationship with Pacey, but yet years later she waltzes into town and goes I choose you Pacey and he drops his life and runs off with her.

Yeah OK.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Nope. It's so unrealistic just based on that quote alone. I know the argument would be that Joey was scared and running form Pacey. I don't buy it. The only one she ever was running from was Dawson. This running from Pacey bit is unfounded and doesn't make a lick of sense. Joey told him she doesn't feel it, not she just can't or their past hurts too much or some other indication that she was running and couldn't be with him. She was clear and seemed completely together and determined when she said that to him. She meant it.
That PJ scene in the series finale is *hands down* the worst scene in the series IMO. So cringe-worthy and lacking any sense. It was clearly written with DJ in mind. I understand that KW decided to change the ending from DJ to PJ last minute, but was he so lazy that he couldn't even change the dialogue in that one scene?
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks tony and I think the reason that PJ got their ending is because Pacey/joey is a more popular couple than dawson/joey. not too many people like dawson. I mean there are people who do, but more are for pacey. I also notice PJ is always in the best couples, while DJ is always in the worst couples. I saw the couples you dislike and I notice dj is on a lot of lists. one person said they were in the way of their ship, that's why they don't like pacey/andie.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 05-21-2014 at 03:27 PM
Old 05-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetee (View Post)
That PJ scene in the series finale is *hands down* the worst scene in the series IMO. So cringe-worthy and lacking any sense. It was clearly written with DJ in mind. I understand that KW decided to change the ending from DJ to PJ last minute, but was he so lazy that he couldn't even change the dialogue in that one scene?
That's one of the things that bothered the hell out of me. Okay, you choose to change the finale, at least make it with a little bit of sense. KW stole Dawson and Joey's history and gave it to Pacey and Joey in that kitchen dialogue. Those words, coming out of Pacey's mouth... they were Dawson's.

Reading the OP, I remember years ago we created their 'conversations on the couch' for good fun and one applies to Pacey's words, especially when he said he's loved her for all those years:

Quote:
Pacey: Jo, all these years I’ve been loving you. Ten years…
Joey: Ten years? You hated me back then, Pacey
Pacey: Yeah, oh, no… I didn’t hate you Joey, I’ve had these feelings…
Joey: You said you didn’t have interest in my life Pacey! Plus: you were infatuated by Tamara!
Pacey: Ok, so I think I’ve been loving you for nine years?
Joey: You’ve dated Andie for a year!
Pacey: All right, all right… eight…
Joey: If you consider the time I made you feel like nothing…
Pacey: All right, all right… six…
Joey: When you dated Audrey and all those women…
Pacey: Well, in my defense, I have to tell that I’ve never brought napkins for them or let them win in mini-golf!
Joey: You’re not getting anything tonight, Pacey… give up!
Pacey (thinking): What? Man, this used to work…

Old 05-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dont forget pacey didn't hesitate to sleep with audrey. she was better.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Extreme Fan

From talking to people on Fanforum I'm starting to think the network and Stupin had a lot to do with the ending.

I have been realizing the past year or so how much a network decides the direction the show should go.

And let's face it. I know it was the CW later on, but a lot of the WB execs were still around. Just think these are the guys who cancelled Everwood in favour of a show that lasted all of 3 episodes it was so bad, and renewed 7th Heaven after it was declared dead.

Before I forget they also cancelled Veronica Mars which Josh Whedon called the best show currently on TV

Yeah I donated to Kickstarter, One of things i was sent was a full sized movie poster signed by the whole cast except for Tina Majorino
Old 05-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
From talking to people on Fanforum I'm starting to think the network and Stupin had a lot to do with the ending.

I have been realizing the past year or so how much a network decides the direction the show should go.

And let's face it. I know it was the CW later on, but a lot of the WB execs were still around. Just think these are the guys who cancelled Everwood in favour of a show that lasted all of 3 episodes it was so bad, and renewed 7th Heaven after it was declared dead.

Before I forget they also cancelled Veronica Mars which Josh Whedon called the best show currently on TV

Yeah I donated to Kickstarter, One of things i was sent was a full sized movie poster signed by the whole cast except for Tina Majorino
interesting Tony.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:49 AM
New Fan

I am new at Fan Forum but so far this thread one of the BEST! I am avid DJer so you can imagine how much I like this
Closed Thread   Post New Thread