Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Any pairing on DC was better than DJo. Seriously.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched them all. I was a newcomer to DC by way of loving JJ on Fringe. But the best I'd ever seen Dawson was with Jen in S5. They were so awesome together. She made him relax and he brought her maternal side. She packed him a lunch and everything. I had never like him before this. He was never meant for Joey as she was always Pacey's as he was her's. But those two together were a very nice, couple and a wonderful "what could of been."
Old 07-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree I liked Dawson with Jen, she seemed to bring out a more fun side in him.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

I liked DJen during S5 as well. Wish they had stayed together so we would have never had to witness the events of episode 6.1!

Thankfully, the DJo sex actually put an end to them as a couple. Forever. So, there's the silver lining, I suppose.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
I liked DJen during S5 as well. Wish they had stayed together so we would have never had to witness the events of episode 6.1!

Thankfully, the DJo sex actually put an end to them as a couple. Forever. So, there's the silver lining, I suppose.
Haha I totally agree with this! Well said.

P: "Jim's just really passionate about Italian food" J: "Yeah, I'm very passionate about Italian food. In fact, I'm in love with Italian food"
Join JGL
Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

It was just two old friends making a huge mistake.

I just wish I hadn't been forced to watch that particular mistake.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
It was just two old friends making a huge mistake.

I just wish I hadn't been forced to watch that particular mistake.
Yeah, me too. Not only was it awkward to the last degree, it was also tense and flat. No chemistry at all between these two. I've only watched it once, thank god. Never. Watching. Again.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringe du jour (View Post)
But the best I'd ever seen Dawson was with Jen in S5. They were so awesome together. She made him relax and he brought her maternal side. She packed him a lunch and everything. I had never like him before this. He was never meant for Joey as she was always Pacey's as he was her's. But those two together were a very nice, couple and a wonderful "what could of been."
I couldn't agree more! S5 Dawson/Jen were soooo different from S1. They were so sweet together and Dawson was bareable and for me that's really something because he did really annoy me, not only when he was with Joey, but every girl except S5 Jen. I wish they'd ended up together.

Ew, DJ sex scene was just so weird Their bodies and lips couldn't be further apart, no chemistry at all! I'm surprised Paul Stupin was happy to let that scene air, If I'd received that footage in the dailies, I would have made them film it again for sure!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Passionate Fan

I know I'm not a regular but I saw this in episode 502 and thought it would be a good title:

Because Dawson admits it, he will never understand Joey.

By the way, watching that episode again just reconfirmed why I dislike them as a couple.
Every season, it's the same dance over and over.

What are we? What do we do now? Why can't we resolve our issues?

I know why, Joey and Dawson.

Because you are horrible together and your dynamic is one of the most uncomfortable and tedious couple dynamics I have ever witnessed on television.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that is a really great title! I mean you'd really think if they were such great friends and "soulmates" that he'd be able to figure her out... Same song and dance, as per usual... That got so old, so quick!

One of my best friends loves DC and she's a DJ shipper, and we are planning on re-watching the series when I move in soon, and I am determined to change her mind!!

P: "Jim's just really passionate about Italian food" J: "Yeah, I'm very passionate about Italian food. In fact, I'm in love with Italian food"
Join JGL
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Passionate Fan

If someone only ever saw season 1 or maybe 2, I can kind-of understand them liking D/J.

But as time goes on and you continue watching the show, I just think if the same issues keep getting revisited, it's time to let go and move on.

They enjoy the idea of of one another but when they are in each others presence, they self-destruct. This phrase seems to describe them:

You can't fit a square peg in a round hole.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked DJ during S1 and I especially loved Joey's character in S2 but as soon as Josh & Katie had more scenes together you could see where the real love story of the show lied. In S1 James and Katie were great together but as time went on that just didn't compare to the chemistry Josh and Katie shared on screen.

It's as if the writers enjoyed going around in circles with DJ, why were the same conversations written/said over and over again, consisting of a few different words?!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Passionate Fan

We should make a drinking game out their scenes.

Every time one of them says, "What are we doing?" "What are we?" or "I don't know!" you take a drink.

That would be the only way their scenes would actually provide solid entertainment for me
Old 07-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

That sounds like a fun idea

Or maybe everytime they say the word 'soulmate'
Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

that's a brilliant idea! that would be so fun!

Join JGL
Closed Thread   Post New Thread