Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I personally think bad writing. They could have been much clearer with Pacey's words, considering the grand scale of the PJ romance, that horrible shouting at Joey should have at least been about something believable, which could have been Dawson. Pacey had every right to be fed up with playing 3rd wheel to the DJ dance. The amount of times during S4 that Joey went back and forth to Dawson having the same conversation I think this would have been a reasonable excuse for Pacey to blow up the way he did, as if he had been suppressing his jealousy for months. What do you think?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm really glad that although Dawson may have been a factor in why Pacey broke up with her, that he didn't verbalize it. To me that would just be giving Dawson some undeserved satisfaction. I mean can't you just picture Dawson being like "HA HA! I win! I am the reason for your failed relationship!" Just ugh, I could not have stomached that.

P: "Jim's just really passionate about Italian food" J: "Yeah, I'm very passionate about Italian food. In fact, I'm in love with Italian food"
Join JGL
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4me06 (View Post)
I'm really glad that although Dawson may have been a factor in why Pacey broke up with her, that he didn't verbalize it. To me that would just be giving Dawson some undeserved satisfaction. I mean can't you just picture Dawson being like "HA HA! I win! I am the reason for your failed relationship!" Just ugh, I could not have stomached that.
Very good point! It makes me feel sick that Dawson was standing there when Pacey was shouting at Joey, no doubt he was waiting for that day for a long time, probably thinking something along the lines of 'Oh sweet Joey I would never treat you this way'
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Dawson would have been unbearably smug if this had happened.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with both of you. Yes I would have liked for their break-up to not be a public scene, and especially one where Dawson was present, but I am thankful Dawson wasn't mentioned in Pacey's rant. In that regard, I think it played out in the best way.

P: "Jim's just really passionate about Italian food" J: "Yeah, I'm very passionate about Italian food. In fact, I'm in love with Italian food"
Join JGL
Old 07-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder girl (View Post)
Dawson would have been unbearably smug if this had happened.
He would have.

I really wish Gretchen hadn't broken up with Dawson right after this scene, because she opened the door wide open for a DJo reunion.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)

I really wish Gretchen hadn't broken up with Dawson right after this scene, because she opened the door wide open for a DJo reunion.
Well, even though she did leave that door open and they did have a sort of "reunion" with that stupid kiss, they managed to ruin it all on their own and did what they always did. They didn't last very long and in my mind their brief dancing around the possibility of a them in the beginning of season five wasn't very significant and i haven't watched their scenes in season five more than once. It was just boring.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

True. No matter how many chances they got they never worked, probably because deep down they knew they were not meant to be. Well Joey at least did. As she told Jen in the finale she knew all along that Pacey was the one.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder girl (View Post)
True. No matter how many chances they got they never worked, probably because deep down they knew they were not meant to be. Well Joey at least did. As she told Jen in the finale she knew all along that Pacey was the one.
Yeah, that conversation was made of pure win. Although, I felt so horrible for Jen, never being able to find out who Joey was talking about.

BTW, your icon is gorgeous

Join JGL
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that conversation was made of pure win. Although, I felt so horrible for Jen, never being able to find out who Joey was talking about.

BTW, your icon is gorgeous
I like to think that Jen knew all along that it was Pacey. I like to think Jen was a PJer
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
I like to think that Jen knew all along that it was Pacey. I like to think Jen was a PJer
Oh I definitely got the sense that Jen was a PJer, but I still always felt bad for her. I mean she even said herself in the series finale that she never felt like she really belonged, and I got that feeling too. She belonged with Jack, but it always seemed like the two of them were on the periphery in regard to the triangle.

Join JGL
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I felt so horrible for Jen, never being able to find out who Joey was talking about.
this is so sad.

I like to think that because Pacey had feelings for Joey, Joey and Jen were able to become friends. It seemed for the first time Joey was able to confide in Jen when she realised she loved Pacey back. I also like to think Jen knew it was Pacey all along.

I adore Jen as a character, she was such an important part of the show. I would have loved to have seen Jen and Dawson end up together. I mean Dawson did love Jen before Joey and throughout the seasons I thought they always had something between them. I also think Jen deserved someone who would cherish her. A lot of people might think that it's cheesy having the 4 main characters end up as 2 couples but I think it would have been lovely. In my mind, the show has always been about love.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Jen was just roadkill on the Dawson and Joey highway.

DJo were so childish and selfish when it came to their sacred relationship that they completely didn't notice how badly they hurt everyone around them with their petty melodrama.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Jen & Dawson would've been nice, I guess, but I am happy that Dawson ended up alone. I definitely think we should've gotten to see Jen happy though in the end. I always really liked her and Henry!

Join JGL
Old 07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

I never saw much between her and Dawson. They were better than DJ, yes, but i still didn't see much between the two. I would have really liked Jen to have found someone great, someone who was perfect for her. Instead she got knocked up by a guy (And they never tell us who!) and he left her. And then she's sick and she dies. Jen was one of my favorite characters next to Joey and Pacey and i really hate how she got screwed over in the series.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread