Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Even their friendship was really only at it's best in s1. I agree that they never went back to how things were when they were young.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

It went from a cute friendship to more of a codependency at times .

Im glad at the end of season 6 Joey chose herself and finally went to France. As cute and romantic as it seemed at the time (it hurt to type that), the kiss at the end of season 1 was like the beginning of Dawson putting his wants before Joeys. He even refers to Pacey as "this years Paris" later on.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree. they did lose something in S 1 that they never got back, they beat a dead horse for years, no actually Joey begin to realize DJ didn't work long before Dawson ever did.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

yet she kept holding on to this dream and fantasy she built up in her head when she was 15. she seemed to think that maybe they weren't grown up enough to have a serious relationship, but then it became clear that their age and maturity was never really the problem.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
yet she kept holding on to this dream and fantasy she built up in her head when she was 15. she seemed to think that maybe they weren't grown up enough to have a serious relationship, but then it became clear that their age and maturity was never really the problem.
The problem is they didn't grow together, they grew apart. Unfortunately it did also affect their friendship, although I did appreciate the hint from the finale that they were rebuilding that friendship. But as far as their romantic relationship went, they just never could stay on the same page long enough for it to work out.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
The problem is they didn't grow together, they grew apart. Unfortunately it did also affect their friendship, although I did appreciate the hint from the finale that they were rebuilding that friendship. But as far as their romantic relationship went, they just never could stay on the same page long enough for it to work out.
To this day, I hope I NEVER have to experience a couple like Joey and Dawson again, it was AWFUL and just pure hell for us!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread