Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jane & Rafael (Jane the Virgin) #43 - "I love him and he loves me, I know it." -Jane

janerafael

appreciation thread

"We're better together."

shippers.
01. AlwaysCB
02. backstreetboysfan
03. wanderer78
04. Kylebraxtonisthebest
05. CloisFan
06. SaraLove8
07. ladyevenstar22
08. Jessiegabriela
09. all2him1
10. ElenaBelle
11. PunksWorldWide
12. ZariyahRice
13. innocent_chick
14. Laurababora
15. ds44
16. Japril
17. These Broken Stars
18. LostShadow
19. ~-Sarah-~
20. science girlfriend
21. Roxy87
22. baelfire24
23. Miranda
24. Orbeli
25. .bian.carsan.
26. Velvetsen
27. deekar
28. perfangel5655
29. cursedandblessed
30. ChristinaL80
31. Dk_Undeniable
32. watercolors.
33. shelloh
34. alvers
35. Leelith
36. Alexa
37. Muffy_Simba
38. serendipity or fate
39. Jafe101
40. Aurora Cormier
41. LxieGrey
42. IrishWristWatch
43. itssara
44. flowerpetals
45. Itsmecathy

Ask to be added to the list ✍
fanvids.
falling slowly
beating heart
sea of lovers
wings
heavy
you and me
magic
clarity
take me home
say something
we're always back where we begin
latch
love me like you do #6
certain things
better with you
safe in my hands
echo
love me like you do
gone away
volcano
moondust
uncover

past threads.
{01} {02} {03} {04} {05} {06} {07} {08} {09} {10}
{11} {12} {13} {14} {15} {16} {17} {18} {19} {20}
{21} {22} {23} {24} {25} {26} {27} {28} {29} {30}
{31} {32} {33} {34} {35}{36} {37}{38} {39}
{40}
{41} {42}

the moments.

more moments.

Last edited by wanderer78; 05-27-2019 at 04:28 PM
Old 05-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT.

Anyone else ever felt this way? Both Brett and Justin are taller than Gina. But on the series, it's like Jane and Michael are similar in height, but Rafael is clearly taller than Jane. I remember the TV Tropes site brought this up and it's true at least to me and them. It's weird.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt
Old 05-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
TFTNT.

Anyone else ever felt this way? Both Brett and Justin are taller than Gina. But on the series, it's like Jane and Michael are similar in height, but Rafael is clearly taller than Jane. I remember the TV Tropes site brought this up and it's true at least to me and them. It's weird.
I always thought Michael (and Brett) was taller than Jane and Gina. He's just not much taller when she wears those super high heels. Whereas Rafael/Justin is significantly taller, even when she wears heels. Either way, I don't see what the big deal Is. Short guy bashing is one of my pet peeves. Along with gender norms like the guy has to the taller one in a hetero relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
People, especially fandoms, misuse and overuse "toxic" to validate their opposing opinion.

Fact is:
Jane loves Rafael.
Rafael loves Jane.
Jafael won.
And they will live happily ever after.
The End.
Yeah, it's nothing new. It's been going along as long as there's been ship wars. I can't remember what the trendy term was before toxic. It might have been abusive.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I always thought Michael (and Brett) was taller than Jane and Gina. He's just not much taller when she wears those super high heels. Whereas Rafael/Justin is significantly taller, even when she wears heels. Either way, I don't see what the big deal Is. Short guy bashing is one of my pet peeves. Along with gender norms like the guy has to the taller one in a hetero relationship.

Yeah, it's nothing new. It's been going along as long as there's been ship wars. I can't remember what the trendy term was before toxic. It might have been abusive.
Omg thank you. This obsession is its height difference always surprised me.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:47 PM
New Fan

i decided to continue my jtv rewatch where i left off (1x08 or something) and it's so fun rewatching and noticing little easter eggs the writers put in there and being like "how didn't i pick up on that????" the writers really are clever and it really is a show where everything makes a lot more sense if you know to pay attention to details and comments made by the narrator and things that are said between scene transitions i love the way this show is set up so much

also i've noticed that a lot of the jtv fandom (or at least the twitter part of it) includes people that were tvd stans so that's why you kind of come across behavior that's really similar to how it was with the stelena vs delena ship war with the throwing around of certain words and all of that it's interesting that the war still kinda goes on even after one side already won or there's no reason to believe they won't win
Old 05-18-2019, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by *DreamerGirl (View Post)
Heads up, someone created a video on youtube about how toxic Jane and Rafael are.

Please don't waste your time commenting on the video, people who I have read that have made comments are told that they enjoy being in a toxic relationship.

I wanted to inform you all just in case you see it and may think about commenting. Don't stoop to their level.
I only watched a minute of it. Basically what it is saying is that any couple who argues and has different opinions has a toxic relationship. I couldn't take it seriously.

TYFTNT!
Old 05-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I don't support that stereotype either. I just find it funny that both are taller than her but on the series it seems like only one is more taller than her.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Browsing through random episodes for some weekend Jafael content, and one of the few things I like from season 2 is the scene in the finale where Mateo first walks - and that only the Villanueva De la Vega Solano family was there to share the special moment.

Raf knew way back then that Jane was the love of his life.

Last edited by flowerpetals; 05-18-2019 at 06:12 PM
Old 05-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread - love the new title

All of you doing rewatches, please post any hidden gems you find. I love reading them. Wish we had a complete list for all the seasons
Old 05-18-2019, 06:33 PM
New Fan

i *think* the jane rafael and mateo scenes are what got me through s2 and i think i found the different plots in there to be really interesting so hopefully that's the case when i get there i don't remember very much about that season besides the watering down of jane and rafael's relationship everything else is a blur

does anyone remember any good moments / episodes in that season i wanna go into it with at least a few things to look forward to
Old 05-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafael (View Post)
i *think* the jane rafael and mateo scenes are what got me through s2 and i think i found the different plots in there to be really interesting so hopefully that's the case when i get there i don't remember very much about that season besides the watering down of jane and rafael's relationship everything else is a blur

does anyone remember any good moments / episodes in that season i wanna go into it with at least a few things to look forward to
There is the scene by the kitchen window when raf tells her he would rather be with Jane at her meanest then anyone else. It’s a parallel to him being brave in 407 at that very spot. I love how Jane catches her breath. It was in that moment I knew that Michael was a symptom of her plan versus following her heart (Rafael)
Old 05-18-2019, 07:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I only watched a minute of it. Basically what it is saying is that any couple who argues and has different opinions has a toxic relationship. I couldn't take it seriously.

TYFTNT!

I barely lasted a minute before I turned it off. Couples and people with different opinions argue that's normal. I've never met a couple who didn't argue do to different opinions and different emotional responses to situations.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
There is the scene by the kitchen window when raf tells her he would rather be with Jane at her meanest then anyone else. It’s a parallel to him being brave in 407 at that very spot. I love how Jane catches her breath. It was in that moment I knew that Michael was a symptom of her plan versus following her heart (Rafael)
Havent seen that scene in forever - I’ll need to rewatch. Also this scene: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwp4KEWB...d=8m0jlx1o7wnq

Where he asks her, “Are you willing to let go and just be surprised?” It was a more subtle tie-in to establishing that theme of Raf being againt the plan. Happens again in 1x19, when they start by doing the intimacy exercises but then talk about spontaneity. And then the more obvious scenes we’ve gotten about Jane wanting to be with Raf and not wanting to be safe or careful: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxkkVrnh...=11ne7e5v2t3rb
Old 05-18-2019, 08:25 PM
New Fan

season five really is a nod to season one, jane had a writer's internship for the passions of santos in season one and now in season five she's working with rogelio on another show (maybe it's just a coincidence but i feel like nothing in this show is)

also rafael responding in spanish when xo tried to say something to jane in spanish about prepping him before the dinner thinking he wouldn't understand is one of my favorite jafael moments

Last edited by jafael; 05-18-2019 at 08:51 PM Reason: wanted to post something else without filling up the thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread