Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jane & Rafael (Jane the Virgin) #24 - Because Rafael helped Jane find her voice.

#24;
janerafael

appreciation thread

"We're better together."

x

shippers.
01. AlwaysCB
02. backstreetboysfan
03. wanderer78
04. Kylebraxtonisthebest
05. CloisFan
06. SaraLove8
07. ladyevenstar22
08. Jessiegabriela
09. all2him1
10. ElenaBelle
11. PunksWorldWide
12. ZariyahRice
13. innocent_chick
14. Laurababora
15. ds44
16. Japril
17. These Broken Stars
18. LostShadow
19. ~-Sarah-~
20. science girlfriend
21. Roxy87
22. baelfire24
23. Miranda
24. Orbeli
25. .bian.carsan.
26. Velvetsen
27. deekar
28. perfangel5655
29. cursedandblessed
30. ChristinaL80
31. Dk_Undeniable
32. watercolors.
33. shelloh
34. alvers
35. Leelith
36. Alexa
37. Muffy_Simba
38. serendipity or fate
39. Jafe101

Ask to be added to the list ✍
fanvids.
falling slowly
beating heart
sea of lovers
wings
heavy
you and me
magic
clarity
take me home
say something
we're always back where we begin
latch
love me like you do #6
certain things
better with you
safe in my hands
echo
love me like you do
gone away
volcano
moondust
uncover

past threads.
{01} {02} {03} {04} {05} {06} {07} {08} {09} {10}
{11} {12} {13} {14} {15} {16} {17} {18} {19} {20}
{21} {22} {23} {24} {25} {26} {27} {28} {29} {30}

the moments.

Last edited by wanderer78; 04-10-2017 at 01:58 PM
Old 03-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT Pia
Old 03-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

TFTNT! Love the title!

I posted this in the other thread:

It's great knowing that we're all close in age. I'm 36. I felt strange when people on Twitter said J/R shippers were very young.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
It's great knowing that we're all close in age. I'm 36. I felt strange when people on Twitter said J/R shippers were very young.
TYFTNT Pia!! A perfect title.

I think Amy said it on the other thread, but J/M always seemed juvenile to me. They reminded me of those couples who have been dating since the sixth grade and know each other very well but haven't matured into a adult relationship.

J/M lacked the maturity to disagree and discuss issues and instead relied on baby-talk and goofy play to simulate intimacy. I think it takes getting older to recognize that differences can be good and broaden one's mind and that 100% compatibility isn't always the best thing for everyone.

I've seen complaints on SM that the J/R friendship is out of the blue. That is so not true. If people have been paying attention, J/R were always shown to be discussing the goings on in their lives in every scene they had together, even if it just passing Mateo off in S2.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

People who think J/R friendship came out of the blue are no doubt blind.

I love the current J/R because they are everything I knew they could be. They still have different opinions and outlook on things, but they respect each other enough to listen and try it. Before they hated trying each other's ways.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
TFTNT! Love the title!

I posted this in the other thread:

I'm going to be 39 later this month.

To be fair, there are a lot of young J/R fans, like on Tumblr. But they're pretty thoughtful and mature. Age is no indicator of fandom behavior.

Quote:
People keep complaining Joseph is too white to be their son.
I don't agree, but the thought has crossed my mind. Joesph is lighter skinned than both Justin and Gina so I see where the complaints are coming from. He also doesn't look like either one. But close enough, and he's a really good actor so I'm happy. Also I don't know his actual background so I'll refrain from making judgments yet. Also IRL, genetics can be quirky.

I remember on a soap opera years ago, where a biracial character was being played by what audiences assumed was a white baby. But the baby was actually biracial IRL (black and white).

Quote:
I've seen complaints on SM that the J/R friendship is out of the blue.
What show are these people watching? Even if it was "out of the blue", there's been a 3 year time jump which would explain their friendship. But even without the jump, they were developing a close friendship in S2 and S3A.

I wonder if these are the same people who thought that J/R were better off as co-parent/friends than romantically.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I'm going to be 39 later this month.

To be fair, there are a lot of young J/R fans, like on Tumblr. But they're pretty thoughtful and mature. Age is no indicator of fandom behavior.

I don't agree, but the thought has crossed my mind. Joesph is lighter skinned than both Justin and Gina so I see where the complaints are coming from. He also doesn't look like either one. But close enough, and he's a really good actor so I'm happy. Also I don't know his actual background so I'll refrain from making judgments yet. Also IRL, genetics can be quirky.

I remember on a soap opera years ago, where a biracial character was being played by what audiences assumed was a white baby. But the baby was actually biracial IRL (black and white).

What show are these people watching? Even if it was "out of the blue", there's been a 3 year time jump which would explain their friendship. But even without the jump, they were developing a close friendship in S2 and S3A.

I wonder if these are the same people who thought that J/R were better off as co-parent/friends than romantically.

Genetics are quirky but if people thought about it Ellie and Anna are the same skin tone as Mateo even though Rafael has a much more Olive skin tone - we've no idea what his biological parents look like, so Mateo could look like them but I actually thought he did have a look of Jane.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Genetics are quirky but if people thought about it Ellie and Anna are the same skin tone as Mateo and while I know Rafael has a much more Olive skin tone, we've no idea what his biological parents look like.
The Ellie/Anna casting is a little annoying to me too though. The look completely like Petra (blonde, hair, blue eyes).

BTW, I'm glad people like the thread title. Let me know if there's anything in the OP that needs to be updated or changed.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I've always viewed J/R as the mature relationship since E2. Even with the million and one J/M flashbacks in S1-S3A. Anyone has a picture of the kid who played teenage Mateo in S2? Another kid also played FM in the episode about his trustfund. And in the S3 premiere when Jane was thinking about her and Michael growing old together. I think teen Mateo was in one of those scenes.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-10-2017 at 05:49 PM Reason: Changed episode count.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I've always viewed J/R as the mature relationship since the pilot.
I'm not sure about the pilot, but I definitely have since the second episode.

There have been multiple future Mateos as part of Jane's imagination. She even imagined her future daughter when she was pregnant (Matea?)

A gif I made for fun, and to get into the practice of making JTV gifs again:

x
Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally--a new episode description.

Spoiler:
Old 03-03-2017, 03:16 AM
Addicted Fan

How many seasons y'all think JTV should have? I think 5 seasons. Didn't Jennie say five seasons too? I believe a television series shouldn't even go beyond 6 maybe 7 years. 5 seasons is enough to tell the entire story. I know the ratings are not great but there are a few low rated shows that stay on the air. It's also a critical darling which helps a few low rated shows stay on the air. I may not agree with everything the show does(that's true for every television viewer) but I want it to have a proper ending.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-03-2017 at 04:16 PM
Old 03-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Right now, I think JTV will last 5 years in total. I think the CW is going to let Jennie tell her story despite the ratings.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I'm bringing this over from the previous thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venezia57 (View Post)
I'm not close in age! I'm 57! But I'm really immature, so I seem a lot younger. I've always had a very strong romantic fantasy world, ever since I was a kid. I used to write "bodice rippers" when I was a teen...lol.
That's cool. I have an English degree but still stick to writing fanfics. It's easier than coming up with your own ideas. I guess, I can relate to Jane with her writing difficulties.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Finally--a new episode description.

Spoiler:
Thanks for that.

Quote:
I have an English degree but still stick to writing fanfics.
I haven't written in ages, but when I did write fan fic, it led to "real" writing.

I just love this so much:

x