Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
if Jane even admitted for a second that yeah she did love Rafael and after being with him she realized he is not what she wants and she made a mistake I would look at this situation differently. I wouldn't be so optimistic about J/R future. Right now Jane keeps talking about going back. She wants to undo things. She wants rafaelfreezones. This is just like the time when she wanted 4 feet distance between her and Rafael.
Exactly. We never heard why she didn't love Rafael anymore, nor did we hear why she chose Michael. She just woke up and said "it's Michael!" I think that's why fans are tweeting Gina and Justin desperately seeking answers. I assume this information is being kept from us for a reason. Eight more episodes! Can't wait.

I still think the Rafael Free Zone and pretending Rafael didn't matter is more a put-on for Michael's sake rather than something she's doing for herself. Her heart is still a little bit open for Rafael. She was worried about Rafael in the last episode and even asked Michael if Rafael seemed okay. Michael said they should talk about Rafael. But she didn't want to and then she started with the sliding doors. She is trying to focus on Michael and make him feel less insecure but is being pulled into Rafael's orbit by Petra at first, probably the twins next.

How adorable was Justin with those twins in the preview?! The fact that he is a real-life dad makes him such a natural with the twins and Mateo. I honestly don't know how Jane could resist him when he was doing the Big Brown Bear song with Mateo or having skin-to-skin bonding. Crazy Jane! Wake up! It isn't everyday you find such a great dad who loves and gets you and is super hot and rich but down to earth!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Passionate Fan

I need to rewatch season 2. I hated the whole season so much I don't even remember half of it.

I didn't even remember how much Jane disliked Petra being pregnant with Rafael's child. LIKE A LOT! She cursed in church kind of dislike. The only reason she put up with it is because of Mateo. Petra was one of the five big reasons why Jane was afraid of being with Rafael. He promised her he would get rid of her but at the end she became a permanent person in his life. Jane never addressed it but Petra definitely got between them.

I forgot about this scene in chapter 25 where she agrees to keep Petra around because Rafael would be miserable without his child (she thought of him) and she wouldn't want Mateo's sibling to be away. Rafael is happy to hear that and Jane imagines this, Petra sitting between them.

This was still when Jane was trying to decide between the two guys. Jane is scared of Rafael's baggage and I don't blame her. I just wish she would be honest.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

It's hard to believe that Jane was leery of Petra, given they are besties now.

The first half of this season is really good for JR. It's actually these episodes that show the development of their relationship to friendship - which they needed to get to to move forward. The best JR episodes are:

Episode 1: Shows how much Michael doesn't fit into the family. And how JR are a team when it comes to Mateo.

Episode 2: I personally LOVED LOVED LOVED the bachelorette episode largely because I have watched the Bachelor before and I loved the send up. Plus Gina does a wicked vapid bachelorette. And it's the french fry date.

Episode 3: Baptism, and Rafael kisses Jane. Loved the baptism letter, loved JR considering Petra's offer. She celebrated getting into grad school with Raf (Michael is still a contender but he gets no scene about grad school - only Alba, Xo and Raf).

Episode 4: She gives the most important speech of the season (to Rafael of course), that she doesn't know who she is anymore now that she has Mateo. (Michael is still a contender here too but she doesn't tell him any of what's really going on with her. If Michael were really her true love, she would have told him the same stuff she told Raf).

Skip Episode 5

Episode 6: One of the best JR episodes ever. Baller Mateo enough said.

Episode 7: A great JR and Rafael/Villaneuva episode.

Episode 8: JR therapy session part deux

The rest suck!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedandblessed (View Post)
It's hard to believe that Jane was leery of Petra, given they are besties now.
They are not friends. Jennie also said they are not trying to force a friendship. She still doesn't want to be around Petra. She does it for Rafael and Mateo. During her fight with Rafael she made it seem like she only put up with Petra because of Rafael. I think she feels sorry for Petra. She cares 2% about her for her. The rest she does because Petra is the mother of her Mateo's siblings.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank goodness! I don't want them to be friends. I have to say that what Jennie said doesn't come across on-screen. They seem like more than 2% friends to me.

I need Petra to be a villain again. I hope she covers up the paternity of the twins, that should make her bad again. Outside of Magda, who is in prison for a long time for murder, I don't know what is going to turn her bad again. I'm still hoping they're Zazz's babies and that someone from his family will adopt them, then we can be done with so many babies. I'm going to look for a birthmark on the babies' backs.

I also hope they aren't going to go there with Rafael and Petra. Jennie said he does move on from Jane, so I hope that doesn't mean to Petra. The only thing holding Petra back is that Rafael is still in love with Jane. So if he moves on, I'm a little bit afraid of a PR reunion. Please no!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

No Petra and Rafael. I will literally quit this show if they go there. I don't care what Petra's reasons were, what she did to Rafael was horrible!

And yes! What Jennie says and what Jennie shows often don't match!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No Petra and Rafael. I will literally quit this show if they go there. I don't care what Petra's reasons were, what she did to Rafael was horrible!

And yes! What Jennie says and what Jennie shows often don't match!
My dealbreakers are:
  1. Jane Michael marriage
  2. Petra Rafael reunion
  3. Jane still pining for Michael by the end of the season. It needs to be O.V.E.R. by episode 44.

Oh and shut up Jennie!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I am okay with a Jane and Michael marriage if they show Jane still has feelings for Rafael.

Will need a new thread soon. Here are some title ideas

[] Man I get this feeling when I am around Rafael

[] "what kind of feeling?" "Like I am meant to be with him"

[] for the first time in her life Jane threw caution to the wind

[] this is the last chance I get to follow my heart

Old thread titles we had so we don't repeat

1. because they are starting to have feelings for each other
2. because her mistake gave me the two most important things in my life
3. I don't think there has one been written that can come anywhere close to our story
4. Because we are better together
5. I realized I would rather be with you at your worst
6. doesn't it all just seem meant to be
7. I am not going anywhere
8. I want this to be a regular Thursday night instead of the first time all week I'm truly happy

I also just noticed when 18 year old Jane was describing the talk she had with Rafael she says it was like he looked into my soul. That is my weak spot. I can't handle it when characters mention soul. Nothing is better than someone looking into your soul

Last edited by perfangel5655; 03-19-2016 at 06:11 PM
Old 03-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I am okay with a Jane and Michael marriage if they show Jane still has feelings for Rafael.

Will need a new thread soon. Here are some title ideas

[] Man I get this feeling when I am around Rafael

[] "what kind of feeling?" "Like I am meant to be with him"

[] for the first time in her life Jane threw caution to the wind

[] this is the last chance I get to follow my heart

Old thread titles we had so we don't repeat

1. because they are starting to have feelings for each other
2. because her mistake gave me the two most important things in my life
3. I don't think there has one been written that can come anywhere close to our story
4. Because we are better together
5. I realized I would rather be with you at your worst
6. doesn't it all just seem meant to be
7. I am not going anywhere
8. I want this to be a regular Thursday night instead of the first time all week I'm truly happy

(
Is there a place on fanforum that describes how to start a new thread? I perused the Info Center and FAQ and didn't see it. I'd like to learn how and when.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
My dealbreakers are:
  1. Jane Michael marriage
  2. Petra Rafael reunion
  3. Jane still pining for Michael by the end of the season. It needs to be O.V.E.R. by episode 44.

Oh and shut up Jennie!
I agree with your list. I wouldn't want a J/M marriage because Jane wanting to get back with Rafael afterwards would be cheating on Michael and though I don't really care for him, I don't agree with that. I'd rather J/M go through the wedding preparations only for it to be cancelled last minute once Jane realizes her feelings and can't go through with the wedding.

I hope they don't pull something like En Nombre del Amor did years ago, killing off the female lead's husband-to-be the night before the wedding or J/M fans will never let us hear the end of it.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is there a place on fanforum that describes how to start a new thread? I perused the Info Center and FAQ and didn't see it. I'd like to learn how and when.
Not sure. But to start a new thread, I find it easier to have two tabs open. In one tab, I hit the "Post New Thread" button that is above the topic list on the right. I usually copy the title of the current thread and paste it in the title/subject area. I delete the old title, put in the new title and change the thread number.

Then, in the other tab, I have the current, soon to be "old" thread. I hit "reply with quote" and copy all the coding. I paste that into the new thread, change the thread number if it's part of the OP and hit "submit new thread."

Then I think you post the new thread URL in the board guide thread and the "old" thread so the mods can update the main guide and close the old thread.

I vote for this one:
"what kind of feeling?" "Like I am meant to be with him"

Love looking at old gifs because they constantly have conversations taht "last forever." First with their first kiss and then later with their date where they fell asleep together.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)

I vote for this one:
"what kind of feeling?" "Like I am meant to be with him"

Love looking at old gifs because they constantly have conversations taht "last forever." First with their first kiss and then later with their date where they fell asleep together.
I like that one the best too.

Not only was J/R kiss one of the best kiss, no THE BEST KISS I ever saw on tv but their first date was also the best first date I saw. Or best date period. I love how they stay up all night talking and it is so sweet but at the same time it is intense and romantic. The whole time she plays with his hand. It seemed so much more intimate than actually holding hands. It is so adorable that they are so comfortable with each other but at the same time he makes her feel shy. And then they fell asleep under the stars. I refuse to believe another the night with Michael comes even close! I am on to that narrator. He is biased The writing underneath our date also said the most romantic night
Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not in front of a computer tonight. I promise I'll start the thread after next. I vote for the I am meant to be with him
Old 03-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I like that title, too.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I will start this one then

NEW THREAD

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/jane-raf...-him-63168082/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread