Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jane & Rafael {Jane the Virgin} #11 - Because Jane wants the baby's first word to be "Daddy".

#11;
janerafael

appreciation thread

"We're better together."

x

ღshippers.
01. AlwaysCB
02. backstreetboysfan
03. wanderer78
04. Kylebraxtonisthebest
05. CloisFan
06. SaraLove8
07. ladyevenstar22
08. Jessiegabriela
09. all2him1
10. ElenaBelle
11. PunksWorldWide
12. ZariyahRice
13. innocent_chick
14. Laurababora
15. ds44
16. Japril
17. These Broken Stars
18. LostShadow
19. ~-Sarah-~
20. science girlfriend
21. Roxy87
22. baelfire24
23. Miranda
24. Orbeli
25. .bian.carsan.
26. Velvetsen
27. deekar
28. perfangel5655
29. cursedandblessed
30. ChristinaL80
31. Dk_Undeniable
32. watercolors.

Ask to be added to the list ✍
fanvids.
falling slowly
beating heart
sea of lovers
wings
heavy
you and me
magic
clarity
take me home
say something
we're always back where we begin
latch
love me like you do #6
certain things
better with you
safe in my hands
echo
love me like you do
gone away
volcano

past threads.
{1} {2}{3} {4}{5}{6}{7}{8} {9}{10}

the moments.

Last edited by wanderer78; 04-10-2016 at 11:33 AM
wanderer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Tftnt!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you for the new thread!!! Hopefully we will have some interesting discussions before next episode
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome!

We were having some interesting discussions before the thread ended. They'll continue.

I liked these. It was a list of questions that someone on Twitter had for Jennie Snyder Urman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasLBW85 (View Post)
here are some tweets to her from @rafaelandjane

I get that Jane chose Michael but is it necessary to erase everything that made Jane and Rafael's relationship beautiful?

the man that never wanted to emotionally blackmail Jane is getting lectured by a woman who wanted him to play the cancer card

does Raf ever do anything right? Does he ever deserve our sympathy? Not when he loses his dad, not when his sperms are stolen

not when he loses his business, not when his son is getting a new step daddy, not when his son will be far away

we were supposed to cry for Jane that she couldn't part w/ Mateo & go to class for few hours, but who cares about Rafael?!!

ETA :Excellent points about Jane taking the baby to class because she didnt want to be away from him but its ok for Raf to have to drive almost an hour to see his son
Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Passionate Fan

This is what I never understood. Jane didn't want to leave the house, or shower or do anything. She was going to postpone her dream because she couldn't bear to miss any little thing about Mateo like blinking. But Rafael is supposed to be okay with being so far away from Mateo. And people complain saying 45 minute drive is part of their regular life and it really isn't that far, no it is far. I drive 45 minutes to work and to school everyday. I do it because I have to but it does not mean it is not far. Mateo is tiny. Rafael probably pops in regularly, and not just on his days. It's harder when you are 45 minutes away. Mateo might have a medical emergency. 45 minutes drive feels like a 3 day drive in situations like those. And being physically close to Mateo has always been important to Rafael.

I miss loving Jane. My heart used to go out to her in season 1. I understood her when she told rafael "I know my reasons to end this pregnancy is so selfish, but I am not ready to be a mom." I loved her when she told Xiomara this baby is not a milkshake and it would hurt no matter what she does, and she doesn't know how to stop making it hurt. Loved her when she told Rogelio off after the fist dinner and then about the car. Loved her when she told Rafael he proposed too soon. I cried when Rafael went back to her after breaking up and she was so angry. I understood her completely when she was so touched by Michael. Loved her when she told Rafael she didn't know who she was anymore. I understood that complicated Jane. I loved her.

This Jane I don't understand!! What changed between her and rafael? Why did she choose Michael? Why is she getting married? Why does she want to have sex so badly?
Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh. I just wish the CW would release ep descriptions for the final episodes. I hate this week by week stuff. ABC just released theirs.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a long commute too. Over an hour. Most of the time I don't think about it b/c I have to make a living. But if it was my infant child who was 45 minutes away from me, it'd be a different story.

I'm tired of Rafael having to fight to be a father all the time. And this endless debate of whether he has rights.

x
Old 04-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Oh that was so sweet how Rafael stayed by her side. They had such a real vibe. They were sweet, but not too cheesy.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Oh that was so sweet how Rafael stayed by her side. They had such a real vibe. They were sweet, but not too cheesy.
Perfect description. They were a couple I easily could have found insufferable. But there was such a realness to their scenes that kept them from being too saccharine.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I have a long commute too. Over an hour. Most of the time I don't think about it b/c I have to make a living. But if it was my infant child who was 45 minutes away from me, it'd be a different story.

I'm tired of Rafael having to fight to be a father all the time. And this endless debate of whether he has rights.

x
I liked, that back then, their differences really didn't matter and they used them to grow. Remember Jane taking Rafael on his first ride on the bus, telling him to " swipe it like a credit card" to pay his fare and that he could sit anywhere. Or his going to Target with Jane's family. And I loved that Rafael was with Jane through her entire pregnancy, showing up for her appointments even when they were at odds with each other after their breakup. I also saw that Jane was not the least bit interested in Michael when she was in love with Rafael and the same with Rafael and Petra.
AliasLBW85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Perfect description. They were a couple I easily could have found insufferable. But there was such a realness to their scenes that kept them from being too saccharine.
They were real because they had to deal with some heavy issues. Was their baby healthy? Should Jane take the test? Seeing Jane help Rafael to search for his mother for answers why she left. I loved how Jane was so persistent in trying to find out why Rafael broke up with her, and realizing that he had met with his mother after all these years. I loved that she told him she would have been there for him if he had told her....

None of the childish fantasy of "old school Jane and Michael" reading romance novels, and avoiding all talk of issues they face as they head towards marriage. There should have been a discussion on how they will navigate their lives which will include Rafael as Mateo's father. That should have taken place before that whole house hunting arc. And why can't Jane take money from Rafael for Mateo. I recall Jane telling him when she was pregnant that she wanted it in writing that he was absolutely going to take care of this child financially". Surely she's getting some type of child support from Rafael that is none of Michael's business.
AliasLBW85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I didn't watch the first season while it was airing. I knew the parents would end up together simply because of the baby and I assumed I wouldn't like them. Jane and Rafael were nothing like what I imagined they would be. They were honest. They were so sincere. I loved how they had the important conversations.

I miss them SO MUCH! They were beautiful. And oh god the baby stuff! Jane, Rafael and their peach.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For awhile, I seriously thought they weren't going to break Jane and Rafael up. I thought the show was going to keep them together and explore other couples in the later seasons (like Michael and Petra). I was very wrong.

Even now, Jane and Rafael are dealing with the real issues. There are so many things Jane and Michael could be discussing. Stuff that would be an issue even without Mateo. Like his job, which is kind of dangerous. I actually don't mind J/M right now, but I have no clue why the writers are sticking them in the fantasy bubble where nothing goes wrong and there's no conflict.

I thought Rafael's compromise was fair. He wasn't doing it for Jane, or to lord it over Michael. It was for Mateo. It would have been part of his child support.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I completely understand why Michael didn't want to take his money for the house. I won't hold that against him.

I love how J/M never talk about complicated topics. They never have the ugly conversations. They are not a couple that made it through difficult times. Because at the first sign of real difficulty they cracked.

The best thing about J/R is they have been partners through everything. She loved him even when he broke her heart. He loved her even when she rejected him. She has seen him at his lowest, he has seen her at her meanest. They fight, they learn, they make up.

Outside of J/R, I am desperate for a Xiomara/Rafael scene. I need their friendship
Old 04-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's bizarre that the Villanuevas are at the hotel and not interacting with Rafael. I'm guessing it'll continue to stay that way.