Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2021, 01:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

2x17 Episode Discussion: "The Judgement of the Perilous Captive" {5/26/21}

2x17 - "The Judgement of the Perilous Captive"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann) finally has Everett (guest star Andrew Airlie) exactly where she wants him.
Meanwhile, Nick (Tunji Kasim) receives upsetting news from one of his tenants,
Jake Cazine (guest star Ben Hollingsworth), about the youth center he wants to open.
Lastly, Carson (Scott Wolf) shares something disturbing with Bess (Maddison Jaizani).
Leah Lewis and Alex Saxon also star

Old 05-24-2021, 01:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hopefully this episode is WAYYY better! Let's get some answers and move along some of these main plots!!
Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Came to say I hope the episode is better I think Nancy basically keeping Everett captive is a good sign.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
Came to say I hope the episode is better I think Nancy basically keeping Everett captive is a good sign.
OMG.

I hope we actually get some real answers and all the characters are involved. Oh and they actually allow certain characters who are involved actually talk about the current storyline?!?!

Also and hopefully the beginning of the end of the Bobbseys?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I hope we start getting answers too. There's so few episodes left with a lot to wrap up (depending on what they want to leave open going into s3) so

Yeah I kind of hope the Bobbsey thing starts to wrap up too.

The description kind of makes it sound like the Drew Crew is a little split up but maybe they can execute that a bit better this time. Or maybe the description is just bad and they're together more because as we've discussed the person writing them is the worst
Old 05-24-2021, 02:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG I love that fish gif.

Also...

Spoiler:

Last edited by broken crown; 05-24-2021 at 05:21 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Points to everyone who thought that the Road Back killed Celia!

I did not see the twist with the wraith coming? That episode feels like forever ago and I totally thought they killed it with fire.

I feel like a clown because when they mentioned an issue with Nick's tenant in the promo I totally thought that it meant the youth center was set up already, but his problem with Jake was handled really well.

Happy Everett got arrested.

The promo for next week looks good (and not just because of a certain scene ) So I'm very excited for the finale. I have no idea what I'm going to do once the season is over.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I did not see the twist with the wraith coming? That episode feels like forever ago and I totally thought they killed it with fire.
UMM NOPE. And I feel really dumb yet again. Such a great, great sequence!

Also, I saw this on tumblr so I can't take credit for it...but Ace was the only one who realized she wasn't herself. Well yeah...you got a PARASITE! Would explain her taste in Gil

This episode was great! My only complaint was the bizarre lack of Ace...but the promo made up for it.

Also, I'm tired of Gil. Can he please leave? I don't care if he's evil or just annoying...like whatever dude. Go rob a bank. IDC. Take your sister with you cause she does nothing for me either.

Ryan was AMAZING in this episode. I was really impressed with him.

Nick/George were SO CUTE in the bed scene

Brady, go back to Virgin River and stop being a racist. BLAH.

The Road Back is obviously going to be a big part of Season 3 (and the potential Tom Swift series). Also, the Women in White are obviously gonna show up.

Finally, Everett is my evil king forevermore.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

^ Great review. I need to rewatch. But, holy hell that Wraith Twist. I had forgotten about that thing. Also Ryan was awesome sauce. Like Everett I know your ass is evil, but I still love you. Ryan can be a real dumbass, but I still adore him, I don't know why I just do. We needed more Ace, but this episode was 10,0000X better.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

“I would like to speak with my lawyer now.” Ooh, I love it when they say that. Everett is done. And Nancy did it. Even with a parasite.

So the road back is the next big bad. And the wraith is the final boss of this season. Can’t say it’s been disappointing.

Last edited by scififan2009; 05-27-2021 at 09:32 AM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's so funny, regarding the whole wraith thing. Just the other day, I thought about that scene from the 2x09 promo that wasn't in the episode and thought, "Whatever happened to that?" I rewatched the promo and noticed that it was the wraith and thought...that's so weird, because that was from episode 2x01, so why is it in the promo for 2x09? Well, now I know.

As for the episode:

-So glad there was a conclusion to the Everett story. I figured he didn't kill Celia, and I was 99.9% sure that "the list" Celia had referred to last episode was the one she got back for Nancy, so that reveal was not shocking to me at all. But I was happy to be right.

-I liked the bonding between Nancy and Ryan. I really hope next season explores their relationship more. I honestly love both of Nancy's dads so much.

-Why was Ace only in the episode for, like, twenty seconds? Not cool.

-Was really hoping Gil would turn out to be the true villain of the season. Guess not. Was also hoping this would be the episode Nancy and Ace broke up with their Bobbsey flings, but nope. This makes me think that they'll be here next season, too, since the promo for next week makes it look like there will be too much going on to squeeze in a couple of break-up scenes.

-The wraith thing caught me by surprise, but what an amazing twist. Ace saying "You've been different lately" to Nancy in 2x13 had always stuck with me for some reason. Again, he was the only one paying attention. The only one addressing that something was wrong. They are really going hard with this whole Nace endgame thing, aren't they?

-I'm probably going to rewatch all of season 2 between now and next Wednesday with the whole wraith thing now in mind, and I fully expect it all to hit differently this time around.

-That promo for the finale: MY GOD. Even beyond *THAT SCENE*, it looks like it's going to be an awesome episode. I predict it will probably end up being one of my favs, if not my favorite. It seems like it will be very Whisper Box-esque, which I'm excited for, since that's another one of my favorite episodes.

-I'm already dreading the hiatus. The break between seasons 1 and 2 were bad enough, but I wasn't obsessed with the show like I am now, so...yeah. Probably going to need therapy or something.
MsManders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'll admit this season has been uneven for me at best. I did not understand the purpose of all these stand-alones (and the Bobbseys seriously annoy me), but I will give them an A+ for tying everything together and bringing back that damn Wraith.

They must have shot all those additional scenes during the production of each individual episode...because they threw that 2x09 wraith scene in that episode's promo. I honestly didn't even think about the Wraith. I thought it was another monster? The Bobbsey monster?

Quote:
Everett is done. And Nancy did it. Even with a parasite.
The parasite wasn't a fan either.

Honestly though, will Everett even stay alive long enough to get to prison? Or will The Road Back take care of him? Hmmmm...

Quote:
Why was Ace only in the episode for, like, twenty seconds? Not cool.
Yeah, I don't have an answer for that. He at least should have been in the research scenes, but who knows. Maybe there were a couple of scenes that made the cutting room floor. The episode was already over-stuffed with guest stars. It looks like Ace is in the finale quite a bit so...I guess I can give them a pass on this one.

Quote:
Was really hoping Gil would turn out to be the true villain of the season. Guess not. Was also hoping this would be the episode Nancy and Ace broke up with their Bobbsey flings, but nope. This makes me think that they'll be here next season, too, since the promo for next week makes it look like there will be too much going on to squeeze in a couple of break-up scenes.
Gil will always be the worst: Big bad or little annoyance. While I guess Amanda could carry over to Season 3 for a bit (although tbh...they don't even need her...Nancy and Ace have enough organic drama to drive their storyline)...the Gil/Nancy thing is DOA. Whether it's next week or next season, there's not much more you can do with them. At the very least, she needs to dump him and be single for a while. Plus, assuming the Nancy/Ace bit in the promo is all in her head...the angst would 100% serve if Ace was still dating Amanda off-screen for a bit ("I Want My Beloved To Be Happy" anyone?) Watching Nancy pine for Ace would be *chef's kiss*. That way they can focus on his feelings in Season 3...cause that boy is in some kind of denial (hopefully not "Dawson denial" though).

They can also easily ditch them in between seasons too...but honestly, they should just end the Bobbsey storyline now. What more is there to do with them? Unless one of the Bobbseys are going to be connected to "The Road Back" or something??

Quote:
-The wraith thing caught me by surprise, but what an amazing twist. Ace saying "You've been different lately" to Nancy in 2x13 had always stuck with me for some reason. Again, he was the only one paying attention. The only one addressing that something was wrong. They are really going hard with this whole Nace endgame thing, aren't they?
He said he knew her and he wasn't kidding. He knew something was wrong...but Nancy is stubborn.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They must have shot all those additional scenes during the production of each individual episode...because they threw that 2x09 wraith scene in that episode's promo.
Kennedy said in a Tweet that they did film all those scenes along the way, and that they were labeled as "wraith moment" in the scripts. Honestly, kudos to these writers for deciding what they wanted to do with this before starting to write all the scripts because it really paid off. For fun, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND going back and watching each one of those original scenes in each of those episodes. I just watched the one with Val in 2x10, and knowing now that Nancy's sentence is cut off because the wraith is silencing her...it's chilling. I find it kinda interesting, though, because she was silenced during the post-hug scene with Ace...yet still was able to get out, "I couldn't lose you." Which makes me wonder...what else was she planning on saying? Or, was she just planning on saying "I couldn't lose you" but actually fought the wraith to get those words out? I don't know. Either way, the whole thing is just...
Quote:
Gil will always be the worst: Big bad or little annoyance.
YES. He and Nancy have no chemistry together, and I can't wait until he is gone. Same with Amanda. No chemistry with Ace. I'd rather they turn her bi and put her with Bess if they felt the need to keep her around. I don't necessarily dislike her, but I kinda like the Drew Crew the way it is. I don't want anyone else joining it.
Quote:
Plus, assuming the Nancy/Ace bit in the promo is all in her head...the angst would 100% serve if Ace was still dating Amanda off-screen for a bit ("I Want My Beloved To Be Happy" anyone?) Watching Nancy pine for Ace for a bit would be *chef's kiss*. That way they can focus on his feelings in Season 3...cause that boy is in some kind of denial
All I want in season 3 is to watch these two pine for each other. I especially want to see it from Ace. I have a feeling when he does actually realize his feelings for Nancy, he's going to fall hard for her. These two are obviously endgame, but I don't want to wait until "the end" for them to be together. I honestly don't think I would get bored of seeing them as a couple. Yeah, I would miss the "will they/won't they" of it all, but I'm so excited to see them happy together and in love, and I think they'll be a fun (but annoying, at least to everyone around them) couple—especially because of how similar they are when it comes to their investigations. They will be an unstoppable power couple.
Quote:
He said he knew her and he wasn't kidding. He knew something was wrong...but Nancy is stubborn.
Yep. Ace knows her better than anybody. Probably because they're soulmates!
MsManders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ooooo that's cool! That was very clever of them!!! And it just shows that this was planned from the beginning.

Quote:
I'd rather they turn her bi and put her with Bess if they felt the need to keep her around. I don't necessarily dislike her, but I kinda like the Drew Crew the way it is. I don't want anyone else joining it.
Exactly. Amanda is just there for me and she doesn't add anything to the show. I liked Laura better. That could have ben an option they went with (like Alex on The OC), but Amanda didn't have any scenes with Bess. I think they'll probably just bring in someone new for Bess unless Lisbeth returns.

Quote:
I have a feeling when he does actually realize his feelings for Nancy, he's going to fall hard for her.
I keep saying that Nancy's feelings are like a water facet that has been slowly turning on and Ace's feelings are like a light switch (maybe seeing her almost dying will be the FLIP to turn it on??).
Old 05-27-2021, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Nice to see Tamura looking the other way for Nancy and Ryan. Sure getting Everett meant more to him than asking any questions about why his face was all bloody.