Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

2x04 Episode Discussion: "The Fate of the Buried Treasure" {2/10/21}

2x04 - "The Fate of the Buried Treasure"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann) and the Drew Crew race against the clock to find a way to destroy the Aglaeca before she can destroy them.
Meanwhile, Ace (Alex Saxon) reaches out to Carson (Scott Wolf) for a favor.
Leah Lewis, Alex Saxon, Tunji Kasim, Maddison Jaizani and Riley Smith also star.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks! I'm excited! Very curious to see what favor Ace is going to ask Carson for.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Me too! I have a couple of theories, but they're probably both wrong!

And like will the favor come early on in the episode or will it happen at the end??

Also, I wonder if the scene from the Season 2 promo with Nancy looking at that gross looking corpse in the morgue is in this episode. It's the only outfit I can't really match to any other episode.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Same! I guess we'll just have to see what it is and when it comes up.

I had to go rewatch the promo but I think that might be this episode! We've seen most of what's in the promo already (aside from the stuff they cut that looks like it's them at the Drew house right after they see the portents) but I can't place that either.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, originally I thought it was going to be the first three episodes, but the promo actually covers the first five episodes.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I guess it must be from either this episode or the next one!

I'll be around tomorrow to talk about the episode
Old 02-09-2021, 10:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Definitely!! See you tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2021, 02:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 02-10-2021, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Some initial thoughts:

Quote:
- This was probably my least favorite of the season so far (and actually in a long time). I will have to watch it over again to see if I still feel the same way afterwards. It felt like a filler episode...but we'll see how I feel after I rewatch it (maybe tomorrow). The ending sequence was awesome though!

- The Ace/Ryan/Carson stuff was pure gold. I loved them all on their crazy road trip. I also loved how Ace was kinda like Carson/Ryan's counselor in a way. That was really cute! Also, loved Ace taking care of his future father-in-law Carson by checking up on him all the time!

- Appreciated learning more about the Aglaeca and loved watching the Queen make utter fools of The Drew Crew.

- Loved the Nick/George storyline! He said "I love you" and I love that he said it because he felt like it and didn't pressure George to say it back until she was ready. If you love someone...you should say it...especially since they might not have any time left.

- Also loved the scenes with George and her sister.

- Lisbeth! I knew we'd see her again and I called Bess basically breaking up with her to protect her. I'm guessing when they finally beat the Aglaeca that might change...but we'll see. It might be too late...especially since the actress isn't a series regular.

- Also...THE QUEEN AGLAECA is a MERMAID!

- When Nick told Nancy "YOU NEVER ASKED"...I was like OH SNAP! Nancy never cared about learning more about Nick when they were together. And now Nick has moved on and is in a healthy, equal relationship with George. Those feelings of inadequacy are going to keep pushing their way to the surface. I can see why Nancy ends up swimming with The Fish. No strings attached? Yeah...I'm sure THAT'S gonna end up being a healthy relationship!

- There were some Ace/Nancy crumbs like when he hung up on her and when they both carried the Dybbuk box together. And the shot when he was looking at her intently at the beginning. Also, him helping Ryan and Carson just proves how awesome they will be together...but first...Nancy is headed for a breakdown and Ace is headed for more character growth...but out of all that...they will be an amazing couple!

- Finally, why would you go own into a creepy basement? EVER.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

I loved that nick said I love you to George. that was such a great moment. and that he was totally ok with her not saying it back. they are so great together.

the ace/Carson/Ryan scenes were great. love seeing those 3 together.

and I love that Ryan tried to reach out to Nancy to try to have a relationship together.

that basement ghost scenes were creepy as anything . why on earth would you want to go down there ? omg.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
why on earth would you want to go down there ? omg.
I KNOW RIGHT?! I'm like...don't you know anything about the cardinal rules or horror movies??
Old 02-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think the first few episodes were slightly better too..though I took an exam earlier and my brain is tired so we'll see how I feel when I rewatch

-Ace, Ryan, and Carson were great together.
-The Nick and George scene was very well done! What he said about her taking care of people and not pressuring her to say ILY back was perfect.
-It was great to see Geroge's sister and Lisbeth
-The basement was very creepy and I would not have gone down there for all the money in the world
-The music was great this episode!
-I loved seeing Ryan help Nancy.
-The mystery was really good and I loved seeing more Queen Aglaeca backstory.
-The last like 5 minutes were great! The scene on the beach was so scary.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I loved seeing more Queen Aglaeca backstory.
She's The Mermaid QUEEN!

I love how all of us are practically on the same page about the episode. I see comments like...this was their favorite episode and I'm like ???? I really hope next week is good...because even though there were some great moments tonight, I felt underwhelmed...but again I still have to rewatch. Maybe I'm just sick of the Aglaeca storyline already and am ready to move onto real Season 2 storylines...even if they include The Fish.

I honestly don't know how I'm gonna make my gif set this week. It's been a while since I had to look for Nancy/Ace crumbs. There are some though!

I really did love seeing Ace and his future in-laws though.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah im kinda sick of the aglaeca storyline too.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

So I just rewatched the episode again and I liked it a little better but it's still my least favorite episode this season so far (honestly ranks below a majority of the second half of Season 1 too). I really, really hope next week's episode (the original Season 1 finale) is WAY WAY BETTER and they launch into Season 2 proper strongly.

Quote:
Some additional notes:

- Carson and Ace drinking their coffee exactly alike?? Also, Ryan whining about not having coffee and Ace being like "take the damn coffee" was PURE GOLD. I would watch an entire episode of these three just on a road trip.

- Also, loved how Nancy became the "chicken" in Ace's hypothetical "what if" game. Ace apparently has a thing for crazy women and crazy fathers of those women.

- "You need to know you are loved." Nick/George They were perfect in this episode.

- The Nick/Nancy scene where she's being all nostalgic really made me uncomfortable. You can tell Nick was just like this gif:

You never asked Nancy because you didn't care! You never cared...not really in any of your romantic relationships...You need to own it already. You've never been in a real relationship because you don't know how to be in one. It's a partnership with a give and a take. You can't be in control ALL the time. You have to let yourself be vulnerable. Although not really sure what The Fish is going to do for you...(well other than sex). Nancy needs therapy more than ever...and I hope she eventually gets it and takes Ryan AND Carson with her. And as much as I want Nancy and Ace together and think they are absolutely perfect for each other...Nancy needs to be single for a while and Ace's backstory needs to be explored first. Nancy also needs to open up her damn eyes about certain things too and slow down a bit. It's gonna be a long road, so I hope they give us lots of Nancy/Ace scenes to make up for it.

- I feel bad for the Mermaid Queen Odette aka The Aglaeca...but I'm ready for this storyline to be over. Maybe they free her spirit but TWIST...it turns out she was keeping all the other ghosts and stuff in line and now they're gonna basically take over HB. It'll be like the Hellmouth or the ending of Season 2 of Supernatural when the gates of Hell were opened freeing souls and baddies alike.

- They mentioned the blood bucket curse again! So I wonder when they're finally going to pay that off. I mean...doesn't being marked for death twice in such a short amount of time seem like an overkill??

- Ace's obit: "Loving Son. Scout. Lover of vintage automobiles." Doesn't Nancy own a vintage automobile? ALSO...you know who else loved cars + was a boy scout? I MEAN??? I'm wondering if the reason he hacked the federal database more and more was to find the brother he never knew he had/estranged brother.

- The Ace/Bess scene where he was comforting her over Lisbeth was sweet. I wonder if that's the last time we'll see Lisbeth or if she'll come back for more episodes. I know the actress is currently in Vancouver so I wouldn't be surprised.

- Really, really interested to see how this is all gonna end and how they're gonna kick off Season 2 proper. Will we ever get payoff to the 1x18 Nancy and Ace scene where he says he's here if she ever wants to talk? Or is that something that might happen later? Or did the writers forget about it?

Last edited by broken crown; 02-11-2021 at 10:42 AM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread