Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2021, 07:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

2x09 Episode Discussion: "The Bargain of the Blood Shroud" {3/24/21}

2x09 - "The Bargain of the Blood Shroud"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann) and the Drew Crew strike a deal with Gil Bobbsey (guest star Praneet Akilla).
Meanwhile, Carson (Scott Wolf) runs into a distraught Bess (Maddison Jaizani).
Alex Saxon, Tunji Kasim and Riley Smith also star.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! Excited for tomorrow!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

You ready for the return of...

THE FISH???!!!!! Can't wait to hate on him the entire episode!
Old 03-23-2021, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I know I said he was growing on me after I rewatched the premiere but we'll have to see how I feel this episode. He looks pretty shady and it looks like he gets really close with Nancy this episode which are both negatives in my book
Old 03-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
I know I said he was growing on me after I rewatched the premiere but we'll have to see how I feel this episode. He looks pretty shady and it looks like he gets really close with Nancy this episode which are both negatives in my book
Yeah...I don't think he's gonna grow on you. He seems like bad news. I bet either this episode or the next episode...they'll already be sleeping together. It's not gonna take long...I'll tell you that!!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

They look super....close....in the promo so I don't think it'll be too long either.

This is episode thread is gonna have so many fish pictures. We need a fish emoji on here.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
They look super....close....in the promo so I don't think it'll be too long either.
That's one way of putting it.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

We found nemo
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 03-24-2021, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

-Well the Fish and Nancy didn't hook up yet so there's that! He was like totally willing to use the shroud that he stole...not great!
-I stand corrected about line cook stealing the shroud. I guess that was a red herring (pun intended)
-I actually kind of liked Bess hanging out with Carson. It was kinda sweet to see him in dad mode and helping her feel better.
-Nick was very protective of George and it was very sweet. Love how he's not really there for the Fish. Ace doesn't really seem to be either. But they need to figure out how to get Odette out of George's body like, yesterday. Also maybe I'm just thinking this because I just sat through a two hour policy class but the mayor of Horsehoe Bay should think about putting some kind of barrier up by the bluffs. Nancy almost fell off them like 3 weeks ago in show time?
-I also actually kind of like Ace and Amanda? I'm happy that she and fish aren't that close. It'll never be Ace and Nancy but....I don't hate it.
-The promo for next week looks awesome! And yay Ace's sibling is a brother!
Old 03-24-2021, 08:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

A few thoughts....

Quote:
-To be honest...I hated the first half of this episode. Overall, it was just bad writing and directing and pacing. It was also incredibly boring. It wasn't until the Nancy/Ace scene half-way through the episode that I started paying more attention.

-Ace knew Amanda for essentially 2 or 3 days and he's already spilling all of his secrets to her? YEAH NO. I realize they played it for comedy...but it fell flat with me.

- The Bobbsey twins are just a snore. Amanda goes between meh and okay for me. The Ace/Amanda thing is like whatever. They met in 2x07, she wasn't in 2x08, and they're already kissing and dating by 2x09? Yeah okay. Can you say "rushed?" I don't trust her either. I think she will end up betraying him or whatever. IDC. Just whatever. I guess I'll have to deal with it. I am more concerned about Nancy/Gil because he is such a powder keg. I really don't want him around Nancy like that, but I'm guessing she'll already be sleeping with him by the next episode. She's probably drawn to him because of his inner "darkness" cause of her own BS "darkness". Anyone who claims to love Ace/Amanda or Nancy/Gil are just plain lying. There's nothing redeeming about either. It's a plot point. Wake me up when it's over.

- The George/Nick stuff was great though. He loves her so much that he would be willing to fling himself off a cliff for her. I really hope they find a way to free both George and Odette. Everyone deserves peace.

- Nick finally found his own place??? GOOD!

- The Bess/Carson stuff I will have to pay more attention when I rewatch. I did catch the "spider monkey" stuff. And I loved the Ace/Bess scene at the beginning. He's such a great friend to her.

-THE LAST NANCY/ACE SCENE. OMFG. Their chemistry is UNMATCHED. How can ANYONE say that they are NOT absolutely PERFECT for each other??!??! I mean...it's only a matter of time before they realize that their relationship is so much deeper than friendship...that it's love. And they will be a SCARY formidable team together.

--The cliffhanger: ACE AND HIS BROTHER??? Like if Ace's last name isn't Hardy??? What's the point??
- The preview- The classic love spell gone awry or sex pollen episode???

- I see you promo guy and I love you.

Obligatory gif:

ETA:

Whoops...I don't think you're lying Iris...but I do have to ask you what you see in them? Cause Ace/Amanda were just boring to me and had zero chemistry. ITA about The Fish though. He was going to let George die. Not a great guy.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-26-2021 at 08:19 AM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Not my favourite episode. Definitely not my favourite mystery. Still, seemed like it was necessary to develop a few ongoing storylines.

Problem with the Bobbsey twins is I donโ€™t know where they fit into this season at all. They just seem to be there to stir things up. Well, the brother more than the sister. At least thatโ€™s one drama of theirโ€™s we wonโ€™t have to worry about now.

Glad we know a little more about Aceโ€™s mystery sibling. Bess is no longer wallowing in self pity, which is a plus. Thanks, Carson. And at least Odette is willing to compromise with Nick at the moment in regards to keeping George alive.

Honestly, when it comes to shipping. I enjoy the dynamics and relationships between the characters. But I honestly have no preference for love interests with Nancy. Really donโ€™t know what to make of this thing with her and Gil. Seems like just a distraction.

Last edited by scififan2009; 03-25-2021 at 03:35 PM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I am not a fan of Nancy/Gil or Ace/Amanda either. let me know when it becomes Nancy/Ace that is what I want

but I did love the Carson and Bess scenes those were sweet. he was in total dad mode and did a great job at cheering her up

and I loved Nick and George. love seeing how much they love each other and what he was willing to do to save her. I really hope they find a way to free her from Odette.

next weeks ep looks great. cant wait to see that
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I have a lot of thoughts which I will mostly save for my blog. But, I don't like how the bobbsey's fractured my crew. I get their point is to stir up feelings for nancy/ace. But, Why do they have to be so boring and cliche? I have never been a fan of boys with mommy issues. No thanks. Hard pass.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Problem with the Bobbsey twins is I donโ€™t know where they fit into this season at all.
Bingo. They're just here to cause drama. It's the same kind of characters that are always added to teen dramas. The only difference here is they made them book characters. It's the same thing. Snooze.

Quote:
I get their point is to stir up feelings for nancy/ace. But, Why do they have to be so boring and cliche? I have never been a fan of boys with mommy issues. No thanks. Hard pass.
Yeah. That's the main point with them and it's super cliche.

Plus, now Nick and George both hate Gil because he was going to let George die with zero remorse.

I'm guessing Nancy thinks she can save him??? Or IDK...wants to just share her darkness with him? I honestly don't care. Wake me up when it's over.

I really hope there's several Bobbsey-free episodes because I honestly can't take them anymore and it's only been a couple of episodes.