Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2021, 07:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

2x02 Episode Discussion: "The Reunion of Lost Souls" {1/27/21}

2x02 - "The Reunion of Lost Souls"
Episode Discussion

Nancy (Kennedy McMann) and the Drew Crew continue to search for clues to battle the Aglaeca.
Meanwhile, George (Leah Lewis) has an unfortunate first encounter with Nick’s visiting mother.
Lastly, Carson (Scott Wolf) and Ace (Alex Saxon) have a heart-to-heart. Riley Smith and Maddison Jaizani also star.

PREVIOUS SEASON 2 EPISODE DISCUSSIONS:
2x01: The Search For the Midnight Wraith
Old 01-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

EPISODE 2 TOMORROW!

Old 01-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yayyy!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can't wait to find out why Nick gets into the fight and if it's the Aglaeca haunting him.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah that gif looks sooo weird. I wonder of that's something supernatural.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

In the promo, you can see Luke Baines (the guy punching him who was on Shadowhunters) is like creepily watching someone?

ALSO...the first shot in the 2x02 promo...it looks like Ace's car driving to the woods or something?? Not sure what that's all about.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:43 PM
Graphics Team

I’m ready for the ep!! Not long now
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
In the promo, you can see Luke Baines (the guy punching him who was on Shadowhunters) is like creepily watching someone?
he is still super creepy on this show too.

I will wait tell everyone watches before I type up my thoughts of the ep
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

I need to rewatch to get more coherent thoughts....I'll post more then but it was a good episode! Lots of things I wasn't expecting and good character development.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Go ahead and post them. I think all of us that will watch it already did.

My initial thoughts:

Quote:
- This episode was very old-school Buffy character-centric piece. And the writers are exactly right. This would have not made a great premiere. I could see why they wrote another episode to bridge the gap.

- Loved Nick's mom! OMG. She was fierce and I loved how she loves her son. I loved Nick's scenes with his mom and how they were able to mend things at the end. I also think it's funny she's super accepting of the supernatural. I also loved her scenes with George. She helped George cook chicken and dumplings- Nick's favorite meal!

- I actually liked the Nick/Nancy scenes. I know right? I loved how they acknowledged that they skipped over being friends. They could have such a lovely friendship. I hope they can have it because DNW their romance ever again.

- Loved how Nancy was super chill with Nick/George. She was very happy for them and I'm glad they're not lingering on that drama. Nick/George are amazing together.

- Nick had major focus in this storyline. It was funny how Ghost!Luke Baines from Shadowhunters kept trying to beat him up...but the ghost really thought he was his bartender friend Buddy.

- The Ace/Carson scenes!! I loved how he helped him with his office and with Nancy.

- Nancy/Ace: OMG. I loved their scene in the kitchen where they talked about Carson. And that helped inspire her at the end to bring him the box of stuff.

- Ace: Loved how a throwaway comment that Ace could speak French in 1x14 was the key to them unlocking the sea shanty. I'm impressed the writers remembered that. I remembered that because I've only watched that episode 8 billion times. Also, love how he's texting with John Sander and learning forensic science. And all the hacking again. And he mentioned his mom at the library! I hope we get to meet her soon!

- The Aglaeca storyline really took an interesting turn with a big WTF twist. I was really surprised!!!! But I loved it!

- Also, 7 Days???? Someone was watching The Ring.

- Seriously glad we didn't have to see The Fish. I'm guessing he'll show back up as soon as the true Season 2 storylines kick off.

- I have to rewatch the episode again and then I will have more thoughts...but it really was a great episode.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Graphics Team

It was nice to see Nick’s mom and how she ended up trying to help and warmed up to George.

This impending death coming closer with the Drew Crew is intense. But I’m curious how they’ll defeat the Aglaeca.

I wonder when Nancy will actually see Carson again. It was good to see her drop the stuff at his door though.

Also... did I miss seeing Ryan in this ep? Cuz I thought he’d be in it. Guess not.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Going to post my review tomorrow, but my initial reactions are I loved it. This episode really fleshed Nick out as a character and proves why he works so well with George. I love Mama Nickerson. Can we keep her?

I totally forgot his name was Ned, so I was like why is she calling him that?

Loved George she was fantastically vicious. Getting that secret dumpling recipe.

Loved the Ace/Carson scene and he was the one to get through to Nancy. Loved all the subtle moments with Ace and Nancy.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Also... did I miss seeing Ryan in this ep? Cuz I thought he’d be in it. Guess not.
Yeah, you're right. Honestly I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! He was credited for it. So IDK.

Quote:
I love Mama Nickerson. Can we keep her?
YES PLEASE! She is awesome! I hope we see her again! Also...it's funny the press site had her name as Edith, but I guess it was Millie in the episode? Weird.

Quote:
Loved the Ace/Carson scene and he was the one to get through to Nancy. Loved all the subtle moments with Ace and Nancy.
This is how you do a proper slow-burn.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I loved seeing Mrs. Nickerson! It was really sweet to see her grow to like George. And good to learn more about Nick.

The Ace and Carson and Ace and Nancy scenes were perfection.

I like Nick and Nancy as friends too. Their relationship just felt a little forced but I do think they work well together and have some good chemistry as friends.
Quote:
The Aglaeca storyline really took an interesting turn with a big WTF twist. I was really surprised!!!! But I loved it!
Yeah I totally did not see any of that coming! Other people called her? And they all haunted Horseshoe Bay? I need to watch again to hear the shanty again....I'm still not sure what that means.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I like Nick and Nancy as friends too. Their relationship just felt a little forced but I do think they work well together and have some good chemistry as friends.
BINGO. It was way too forced at the beginning. They should have wrote them differently if they wanted people to take them seriously. Nick/George and Ace/Nancy are where it's at.

Quote:
Yeah I totally did not see any of that coming! Other people called her? And they all haunted Horseshoe Bay? I need to watch again to hear the shanty again....I'm still not sure what that means.
Well, Maine is super haunted. Just like Stephen King said!

I loved how all the random people that showed up in Season 1 were ghosts. I remember the couple from 1x10 when Nancy was trying to stop the poisoner. Really crazy how they brought them back. That was a super cool twist!