Old 02-16-2021, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

2x05 Episode Discussion: "The Drowned Woman" {2/17/21}

2x05 - "The Drowned Woman"
Episode Discussion

Tensions flare between Nancy (Kennedy McMann) and the Drew Crew as they continue to fight the Aglaeca.
Meanwhile, Bess (Maddison Jaizani) makes a mistake that could cause all of them their lives.
Lastly, George (Leah Lewis) has a beautiful bonding moment with her sisters.
Scott Wolf, Alex Saxon, Tunji Kasim and Riley Smith also star.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! I'm excited for tomorrow. Wintery weather always gets me down-I need something to cheer me up.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It gets me down too. I'm tired of all this snow.

Hope tomorrow's episode is good!
Old 02-17-2021, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! Soon now.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

My mind is all a blur and I'm trying to remember details...so I'm sure this will be a mess.

Quote:
- This episode had SO MUCH going on! It FELT like a finale. I mean they brought back so many freaking threads from random episodes...and lots of them were paid off. And if this was actually a finale...I probably would have been bouncing off the walls.

- Ace hacked the federal database to find someone in witness protection! WHO DO YOU ASK? HIS BROTHER. And only the audience knows that last part because he left a voicemail for said brother. And now I only have more questions. But I am definitely feeling a little vindicated.

- The fight between the Drew Crew was crazy! Lots of accusations were thrown around. I'm glad Nick unloaded on Nancy about how she used him. I also thought it was hilarious how Ace had to explain it to Bess.

- Carson and Ryan spying on Nancy was cute. Also, why does Ryan keep a vacuum in his trunk???

- The entire last act with the Aglaeca turning back into Odette and George actually dying, was ripped straight out of an episode of Buffy. Also, maybe Nancy and company should actually watch some Buffy. That might actually help!!

- There are always consequences to bringing someone back from the dead. ALWAYS.

- LOL at Bess's "mistake" being that fact that she threw away the portent sand?? So much for our theories...

- I wish there was more Nancy/Ace since it was intended to be the Season 1 finale, but there were some crumbs. I get that there were more important things going on. Still...it would have been nice.

I will have more thoughts after I rewatch. There's ALOT to take in.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked the episode! And yeah it really felt like a finale. I'm kind of glad it wasn't so we don't have to wait to see what happens with the other ghosts I really need a rewatch.

I'm soooo happy Ace's brother came up and I'm kind of shook at how right you are. And you were kind of right about more ghosts getting free after the Aglaeca. She wasn't the gatekeeper, but she kind of lead to them getting out?

The fight was really well done! I was happy they made up though! And also that Nancy and Carson had their moment too.

I wish we'd gotten a bit more Ace and Nancy too
Quote:
So much for our theories...
Omg Things are always way simpler than we speculate.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
She wasn't the gatekeeper, but she kind of lead to them getting out?
Yeah she definitely played a role. Cause and effect.

Quote:
I'm soooo happy Ace's brother came up and I'm kind of shook at how right you are.
This was my favorite part of the episode.

Quote:
I wish we'd gotten a bit more Ace and Nancy too

under the cut for a rant

Spoiler:
Old 02-17-2021, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This was my favorite part of the episode.
Mine too! My jaw dropped when he said it.

Spoiler:
Old 02-17-2021, 10:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

As soon as he said witness protection...I said...HIS BROTHER. I saw someone on tumblr be like "is it his mom?" And I'm like? LMFAO. His mom works at the library. What???

So I'm guessing this is his older brother. Half brother? Much older full brother? Did he overhear his parents arguing about him? Why is he in witness protection??! Did he say he found info about his brother to his dad in the letter?? Did he come up with this plan to hack the federal database because he was so lonely and wanted his brother?? I NEED TO KNOW. Also, can we PLEASE meet his mom already?!!?

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2021, 12:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

what I dont get is why did they all go to the spots where they were suppose to die? did they want the Aglaeca to kill them? cuz it just seemed way to obvious that was going to happen and it almost did.

and is Odette now possessing George? what is going on with that? she is diffidently not her normal self now that is is back from the dead.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I don’t want to get my hopes up about Nancy/ace until they do something substantial. But, right now I am just enjoying the show as a whole. I couldn’t make much out of that promo. Do we get 206 then a break?.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
what I dont get is why did they all go to the spots where they were suppose to die? did they want the Aglaeca to kill them? cuz it just seemed way to obvious that was going to happen and it almost did.
They were trying to trick her and then they were going to use the portent sand to try and kill her.

Quote:
and is Odette now possessing George? what is going on with that? she is diffidently not her normal self now that is is back from the dead.
It seems like it...but don't forget George's mom is clairvoyant, so I bet it runs in the family?

Quote:
I don’t want to get my hopes up about Nancy/ace until they do something substantial. But, right now I am just enjoying the show as a whole. I couldn’t make much out of that promo. Do we get 206 then a break?.
And see this is starting to become an issue for me. If I would have watched this past episode as part of Season 1 without having exhaustingly thought about the show for months and months, I probably would have been screaming from the rooftops. It was objectively a great episode, but the lack of a big Nancy/Ace moment in what was supposed to be the Season 1 finale...really bummed me out. I am just going to have to try to push them out of my brain when I watch episodes unless something comes out and smacks me in the face. Shipper goggles are messing with my mind and I should know better than that.

Yes, there are airing a repeat of 2x01 after 2x06. 2x07 is supposed to air March 10th, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I also heard there is supposed to be another longer break after 2x10, but that has not been confirmed either. As it is...it seems like the season finale won't air until mid-late June.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to try to rewatch tonight but I have so many more questions now! Full or half brother? Why witness protection? How did Ace find out about him? Why did he want to meet his brother? Is George possessed?

A midseason break would make sense I think.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I'm going to try to rewatch tonight but I have so many more questions now! Full or half brother? Why witness protection? How did Ace find out about him? Why did he want to meet his brother? Is George possessed?
I plan on rewatching either tonight or tomorrow depending on how tired I am.

Could be either. Witness protection is usually for people who witness serious crimes or for people who turn state's evidence. But the fact that he never knew him...means there must be quite a bit of an age gap. And I wonder if he found out by overhearing his parents talk or maybe he hacked their computers and found evidence when he was bored one day? I'm guessing he wanted to meet his brother cause he was lonely which breaks my heart.

I bet George is possessed temporarily, but maybe she'll end up helping ghosts crossover?
Old 02-18-2021, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
They were trying to trick her and then they were going to use the portent sand to try and kill her.

It seems like it...but don't forget George's mom is clairvoyant, so I bet it runs in the family?

And see this is starting to become an issue for me. If I would have watched this past episode as part of Season 1 without having exhaustingly thought about the show for months and months, I probably would have been screaming from the rooftops. It was objectively a great episode, but the lack of a big Nancy/Ace moment in what was supposed to be the Season 1 finale...really bummed me out. I am just going to have to try to push them out of my brain when I watch episodes unless something comes out and smacks me in the face. Shipper goggles are messing with my mind and I should know better than that.

Yes, there are airing a repeat of 2x01 after 2x06. 2x07 is supposed to air March 10th, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I also heard there is supposed to be another longer break after 2x10, but that has not been confirmed either. As it is...it seems like the season finale won't air until mid-late June.
Same I think I just let the hiatus raise my expectations, but it was a good episode and I need to take the crumbs and remember the other stuff I enjoyed.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread