Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

All those gifs! OMG!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I ship Lizzington romantically, so I see it as romantic. The way they flashed to Agnes when Red described "the woman" leaving behind a child, and then "the father" saying he couldn't see the child anymore and then flashed to Tom, means clearly he was speaking of Liz. For me, I don't think he meant to fall in love with her - but he did only after she grew up. He was a shadowy benefactor while she was growing up and entrusted her care to Sam, but only had a peripheral involvement. Then when he got to know her as an adult, that's when it happened, IMO. He doesn't feel deserving of love (ex. the "fish in the cave" story), so he's never really allowed anybody into his heart. He feels, probably, a lot like The Phantom felt with Christine. He's in love with her, but wouldn't conceive of the fact that she could love him back so he's content just to be in her life in whatever useful way he can be, which is why whenever she's called him a "monster" he takes that to heart because he feels that way about himself. He's mentioned to Liz plenty of times that he doesn't have "friends" or "buddies" - he has associates. His reaction when she changed her hair color to blonde wasn't a fatherly reaction, IMO. He was acting like a teenage boy with a crush.

IMO, the show has verified multiple times that they aren't related, and that it's not a father/daughter-type relationship. Multiple characters on the show have commented on Red's feelings for Lizzie - Berlin/Braxton/Solomon mock his feelings for her. I don't see Red mentioning his past sexual exploits/knowledge with a woman he thinks of as his daughter, and he seems to thrive on Liz's jealousy/possessive moments of him. But to each their own.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 04-27-2016 at 06:40 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Ressler even make the comment about Red being in the Dog House one time.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Interesting. I didn't doubt he was talking about Liz there either. But I also don't think he meant IN LOVE. "There was a woman I loved" doesn't have to mean in love with (but could be interpreted as such, of course). To me, their relationship is a father and daughter bond. Agree with you, Miranda!
Yes definitly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I ship Lizzington romantically, so I see it as romantic. The way they flashed to Agnes when Red described "the woman" leaving behind a child, and then "the father" saying he couldn't see the child anymore and then flashed to Tom, means clearly he was speaking of Liz. For me, I don't think he meant to fall in love with her - but he did only after she grew up. He was a shadowy benefactor while she was growing up and entrusted her care to Sam, but only had a peripheral involvement. Then when he got to know her as an adult, that's when it happened, IMO. He doesn't feel deserving of love (ex. the "fish in the cave" story), so he's never really allowed anybody into his heart. He feels, probably, a lot like The Phantom felt with Christine. He's in love with her, but wouldn't conceive of the fact that she could love him back so he's content just to be in her life in whatever useful way he can be, which is why whenever she's called him a "monster" he takes that to heart because he feels that way about himself. He's mentioned to Liz plenty of times that he doesn't have "friends" or "buddies" - he has associates. His reaction when she changed her hair color to blonde wasn't a fatherly reaction, IMO. He was acting like a teenage boy with a crush.
https://49.media.tumblr.com/e8add1d1...v37uo1_500.gif

IMO, the show has verified multiple times that they aren't related, and that it's not a father/daughter-type relationship. Multiple characters on the show have commented on Red's feelings for Lizzie - Berlin/Braxton/Solomon mock his feelings for her. I don't see Red mentioning his past sexual exploits/knowledge with a woman he thinks of as his daughter, and he seems to thrive on Liz's jealousy/possessive moments of him. But to each their own.
The show has definitly verified multiple times that Liz and Red are not related. The bond they have just feels to me like a father/daughter bond. I don't think Red is IN love with Liz. That just doesn't add up for me. But of course you are entitled to your opinion and it's great that we all have other opinions cause that makes discussing them so interesting. I do agree with you on the fact that he doesn't feel deserving of love and he doesn't let many people into his heart but I do think that Liz is in his heart. And yes a lot of people have commented on their relationship and from the outside and for strangers it might look like he is in love with her but I really don't think he is.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-29-2016 at 04:33 AM
Old 04-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

In spite of everything Red has said I have spent three years absolutely convinced that he is her dad. I am slowly letting go!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well a father and daughter bond doesn't mean they have to actually be related. I just feel Red is being a fatherly figure in Liz's life as her parents are not around/dead.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Totally went back to watch Season One where things just started between them. I needed some GOOD STUFF to drown out all of..... the other stuff.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Supreme Fan

If Lizzie really is dead, then I don't think I can watch anymore. I fell for Lizzington hard ... and the way they just killed her off is heartbreaking .

I wish we could have heard what Red said at her grave. He still looks so lost .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
If Lizzie really is dead, then I don't think I can watch anymore. I fell for Lizzington hard ... and the way they just killed her off is heartbreaking .

I wish we could have heard what Red said at her grave. He still looks so lost .
If Lizzy is really alive then.....

1.) She'll make her faking her death all Red's fault. (Everyone blames him because Lizzy blames him)

2.) Red will take it cause he loves her.

Red at her grave was so heartbreaking. Him alone in the dark....
Old 04-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think it all depends on how you see their relationship. If you see it as father daughter the. You may have thought he was talking about Katarina. But if you see them as in love you thought of Liz. That's the good thing about ambiguity. You can interpret your own way and still feel right.
But we got the flashbacks when he was saying it... Of Liz. Besides Daniel Knauf confirmed that he was talking about Liz. You can love people in different ways and even if you are a daddygater I think that he can have loved Liz. Why not? Like a father loves his daughter... I don't see a problem there at all. I for example ma a daddygater as well although I don't believe him to be her father but the thought of them having a father-daughter relationship.

Quote:
I have been on other sites for other shows where the fans come to verbal blows when they disagree about their ship. It is nice to come here where everyone is so nice and respectful even with a difference of opinion.
Aww That's so nice of you to say and it makes me happy.

Quote:
Interesting. I didn't doubt he was talking about Liz there either. But I also don't think he meant IN LOVE. "There was a woman I loved" doesn't have to mean in love with (but could be interpreted as such, of course). To me, their relationship is a father and daughter bond. Agree with you, Miranda!
Yeah, same here Agreeing with the both of you

Quote:
Donna, I love that we have you around as a Lizzington shipper as well I'm totally fine with it, too and I never saw any reason why I should start a shipper war with you when the people we ship (no matter how) are the same people. I guess we at first want them to get along, for Liz to change her behavior, her attitude towards Red because the way she was acting at last wasn't respectful nor thankful nor anything positive at all IMO. I think that is what all the Red/Liz shippers, no matter how they ship them, have in common We aren't sooo different and I love that and I somehow see that.
Maybe I'm a bit split when it comes to them. I love them father/daughter like in the show but in fanfiction, I love Lizzington. Honestly and true written ones but Lizzington I guess maybe I'm strange and don't really count when it comes to Lizzington or daddygate?

Quote:
In spite of everything Red has said I have spent three years absolutely convinced that he is her dad. I am slowly letting go!
Yeah, me, too... I was always wondering if there was some kind of perk still but I really doubt it now as well. It would have been super cool but it would break with his promise to never lie to her and I have to say that's something I'll never see broken.

Donna, I'm sure she's not dead! Keep the hopes up, please! I'm so sure... Man, I guess I'll fall in a deep dark hole should she really be dead

Tari, Red on her grave I wish though that we would have gotten a longer scene, him talking to her or something. I really could see him apologizing for his failure. Man, that breaks my heart!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Red has had his heart ripped out, stomped on, put in a blender, taken out, and then poured through his hands. There is only so much pain someone can take.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Red has had his heart ripped out, stomped on, put in a blender, taken out, and then poured through his hands. There is only so much pain someone can take.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too... I'm wondering when he'll break. What could happen for him to kind of give up. Would it happen shall she really be alive?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Red told Dom he was to the point of death and didn't know how he would survive. This is killing him, but I somehow think if Lizzie faked this he won't be able to cope. If she voluntarily did this and then she comes back and continues to blame him I will break my tv.

I like that we can all have different viewpoints too. I have started reading the lizzington fan fix too. Sigh guess that puts me in the same catgory with you kris whatever that category is

After last night I may have to ship Aram and Red. They were brilliant!!! I am hoping that Red says he will only deal with Aram
Old 04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Red told Dom he was to the point of death and didn't know how he would survive. This is killing him, but I somehow think if Lizzie faked this he won't be able to cope. If she voluntarily did this and then she comes back and continues to blame him I will break my tv.
Me, too. She can't do that, right? She said goodbye to him, she told him that she loved him... I really hope she won't come back and be the same old Liz, the one blaming him. That would break him. Her death was horrible enough but being blamed by her for her misery, no. He wouldn't be able to survive that.

Quote:
I like that we can all have different viewpoints too. I have started reading the lizzington fan fix too. Sigh guess that puts me in the same catgory with you kris whatever that category is
Marilyn, I think you're the only other person like me that I have ever met! I want to do a happy dance now. Let's call us the Undecided

x
Old 04-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
So true sadly. I can't handle seeing him like this. He was always such a strong, though man and now he is just a sad pile of rubble like Aram would say.

I miss them so much already! If Liz is really dead, I don't think Red is ever going to overcome this.

Great arts!