Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

LOL, can't believe you said "killer in the sack" but yeh, that is nice!

Bit of marital advice: if hubby points out to you that such-and-so is dirty, tell him "Well, if it bothers you - go right ahead and clean it!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Heavens to Betsy(I'm thinking of someone in particular in the *Betsy* department)....our own little Ant is becoming a McBride Congratulations dear heart .we are all a dither....I wish you the very best Ant [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]...thanks for telling us and please do come back if you get a chance...oh my goodness and if pictures ever make it on here we might need to be medicated!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sarz... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] A$% face is not an option since we've seen your beautiful face....upon reflection there is no nicknaming the *force* that is Sarz..you my girl are in danger of becoming a *one name phenom*(oh I figured out to spell that with a PH I'm so happy) along the illustrious lines of Cher and Charro [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I might have finally found someone you are to young to place...let me know)...you are the one and only Sarz...we accept no imatations!

are you lurking Wen? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Happy almost 25th ML...we all love Mr. ML...does he know he's famous? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jen You are a creative whirlwind .you guys..I had the thrill of talking on the phone with Jen yesterday(since like I've said she is an angel that is helping my silly old self get the nerve to come to the big city alone [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] ) and I have an idea of her job and it is impressive!! how she does all this other stuff is amazing [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Young doesn't explain it all...she might be the first woman president [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jessica honey...come back!!!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I'm so happy to see you over here....Jessica is a Nick friend pps...I'll go tell her to stop back [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ahhh ML giving the bride sweet warm and lovy advice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]...Tum,bf,Wild,Lynx,LTL and all you other JOF slackers.haul your bunns over here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Guys! Mr ML Jr was complaining this morning that the milk on his breakfast cereal had gone bad (brand new unopened gallon - that expired 10 days ago! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Gotta check those dates...) and I suggested sweetly that he had 45 min before he had to leave for work and was perfectly welcome to go to the store and pick up a new gallon - I'd even give him the $. Did he go? Of course not. He expects mummy to run out and do it for him in all her spare time. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Good morning JOFs! Every time I put on an outfit this week I think "Hm, I could wear this in NY - I should put it in the wash, just in case!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Just brought out some of my summer stuff and it's like meeting old friends again (some of them, VERY old friends). [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Addicted Fan

If I'm not very much mistaken Charo was/is a crazy blonde Spanish/Porto Rican sexpot kinda lady thingy, who hit the pinnacle of her career in the late 70's earlier 80's, shaking her maracas, among other things, on the Variety Show circuit? Am I close?

She's kinda the female equivalent of Eric Estrada or Lorenzo Lamas--Kinda tragic but they still role them all out for sad C-grade telethons etc. I'm sure Charo has had a square on Hollywood Squares at one time or another.

Look, I gotta admit something, my knowledge of B-list, 70's tragi-celebs is borderline psychotic. I'm a very nocturnal creature, I'm often up late at night, watching truly awful TV, and for some reason never forgetting a face or a name. Also, during my formative years, aka, late 70's, early 80's, the majority of my pop culture exposure was American, so I actually know more about American music, tv and film than Australian. Sad. but true.

Keep trying to stump me Poddy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

...Sarz "Why you I oughta!" Young whipper snapper .......aaa you probably just looked her up on the internet [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ......kidding..kidding....couldn't resist getting your competative little panties in a bunch for a second......oh yea I'm getting sadistic in my dotage (plus I'm enjoying using theses naughty smilies I never get a chance to use [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .......you are almost totally right you little prodigy.....I'm so proud...someone to fill my *waste eons of your life with mindless TV clap trap shoes* when I'm in that big Lazy boy in the sky good job! BTW..she mainly was on the talk shows.especially afternoon ones..Merve/Mike..I loved her! Actually a smart cookie and could play a mean flamingo guitar...she would say.."coochy..coochy..coo" and shake her marachas and then some.....oh I'm so easy!......I love Dolly Parton too...although SHE is really smart and tallented....a trully great song writer...one of her quotes.....*It costs a lot of money to look this cheap*......love you girls!

so on the flip side of that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm figuring out what I can where that I can get away with sneakers with in NYC ML I wish we could change clothes before the thing but that seems like a waste of time..I have my winter sneeks(NB running shoes) that are brown and black and don't stand out too much with black pants....I gotta be comfy!..and speaking of comfort how thrilled am I with stretch cotton......I am transitioning all my clothes into that!! The horror is we know our lovely selves will be plastered all over here [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] and I've gained like 10 lbs since last one [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . is it too late to loose it......I'll think about it during lunch [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .Ta Ta
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Whatever you wear will be fine Poddy and definitely wear the walking shoes! Jason is all about a person's inner beauty, anyway, right? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] At least that's what I'm counting on! LOL!

I am having an amazing case of jitters and nerves this week, like somebody gave me a caffeine transfusion. I hope I calm down for this trip!

Charo! Yes, I think she is Cuban, and was married to bandleader Xavier Cougat, who used to conduct an orchestra with his little Chihuaha dog tucked under one arm and she married him when she was like 15 and he was about 92 (well, really old), and she's famous for butchering the English language and saying "Cuchi cuchi!" which might have something to do with sex or maybe is just a Charo thing or catchphrase, like the Fonz saing "Ayyy." LOL! She is sort of like Morgan Fairchild, another woman known for sexiness and sealed in Tupperware! LOL!

[ 04-29-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

*** quote ML...another woman known for sexiness and sealed in Tupperware! LOL!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]......I need to find some of that tupperwear
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .....I know ,I'm anxious too...I'm just stressing about the traveling...once I get there and am insconsed in the **POD** of other odd and somewhat strange podpeople I'll be ok [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I know Charos husband was practically a corpse [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] that's a tough way to earn a living [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I saw her on some comercial recently.of course I don't know what......

Nick/Kyle is on Tru Calling(I think that's the name) tonight.I'll be checking him out..hope it drums up more work for Nick!

Podmom...out! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom:
<STRONG>Jessica honey...come back!!!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I'm so happy to see you over here....Jessica is a Nick friend pps...I'll go tell her to stop back [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Hi Podmom.... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

..Jess..glad you stopped back ...hey you did get your mod hood...congratulations!! Do you get Tru Calling in your country? I hope so!

Podmom..out! do you guys get the feeling I'm seeing a little too much American Idol? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Podmom: I also plan on wearing comfy clothes and shoes. I have a pair of shoes that are basically running shoes but made out of black suede. Also have a pair of brown suede Palladium shoes that are incrediably comfortable... but may be too scuffed up for me to wear. May wear them any ways though. Giggle.

And I did catch Nick on Tru Calling. He looked great! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

ML: I am also quite jittery this week. Probably because work is driving me whacko! I seriously am going to search for another job. I don't mind that for years they have been getting me to do like two peoples' jobs... but lately I have been sucked into doing stuff for another department and it's driving me whacko. Whine whine whine, etc. Giggle.

Nosee: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to Our Visiting Poet! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for the poem. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

sarzy: Me thinks that you should compete on some quiz show with that eclectic memory of yours. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lynxbehr: That's great that the party for your parents' anniversary went well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Behrly Antarian: Congratulations to you and your future hubby!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to Jero, Vicki, Jennifer and Jessica! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maggie
Old 04-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Poddy--Nice to see you think about dieting after lunch--Very wise. It's never good to start dieting when you're hungry. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Meanwhile, I am staunchly against dieting in any way shape or form, since I lost 60 pounds [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] last year by subsisting on a charming concoction of water, crackers and yogilates, only to discover I was dreadfully unhappy and starving to death. Oy vey. So not worth it.

I'm so excited for you Tribecans, off on your pilgrimege to see our boy in all he's panavision glory. Sigh. I want pics and stories in their multitudes upon your return. Oh, and a new 'We went to Tribeca and all we got was this lousy smilie' smilie. Poddy, I know you're the woman for the job.

ML--I forgot to make mention of Mr ML Jnr's abysmal milk behaviour from the last page. With the whole, "There's no milk left" scenario, and him expecting you to do something about it, I feel your pain. My father was the same, when he lived with us, he'd open the fridge, have a poke around, shut the door, and on the way out of the kitchen, call to my mother, "Jenny, there's something off in that fridge." and walk off. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] How helpful. He probably still does it, and I bet his current wife comes running, that annoying, simpering little......well nevermind that. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyhoo.

Mags aka Sare-- Speaking of quiz shows, I was on a kids quiz show when I was 10 called Double Dare, and I took home the lot--A slip n slide, new bike, pair of hot pink rollerskates and a year's supply of candy (which ironically only took about a month to eat--the should have researched the quantities better). I was the annoying contestant who pressed the buzzer before the question was even finished being asked, and the poor kid opposing me only got to answer 2 questions. I remember vividly that one of the questions was, "What was John Travolta's first movie role?" and I said, "Carrie--1976." And I stumped the host coz he had the answer as "Saturday Night Fever". Hah! How did I know that when I was 10?!? My poor mother.

Poddy, I love Dolly's line about "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." Dolly's cool, I like her. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Extreme Fan

OH MY BOB, Sarz, tell me it isn't so!? You were on Double Dare? Did you go the Physical Challege? I need to know...

(PS, I used to love that show!)

Sorry Kids, ignore me and continue...
Old 04-30-2004, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by podmom:
<STRONG> Do you get Tru Calling in your country? I hope so!</STRONG>
No we don't [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
And thanks... [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

*I'm still under 30, so bye bye*
Old 04-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DanieTreg:
<STRONG>OH MY BOB, Sarz, tell me it isn't so!? You were on Double Dare? Did you go the Physical Challege? I need to know...

(PS, I used to love that show!)

Sorry Kids, ignore me and continue...</STRONG>
Danie, I'll tell you on the KBs thread....

We must stop bothering these nice ladies! Oh and Jessica Valenti, I'm only 26, you could be a JOF-In-Training, or a JIT like me!
Old 04-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Sarzy another 'quiz kid' - born with a mind for instantly recalling useless but fascinating trivia. Good for you for walking home with all the loot! In retrospect, we are all very proud of you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And yes, I am trying to train out any potential bad husband behavior from Mr ML Jr in hopes that, should he ever find a nice girl and marry her, they might make a go of it. He's made great improvements on 'thoughtful cards and gifts for occasions' in recent years, and he can do laundry - so maybe there's hope for him yet! LOL! We are currently having a little milk power struggle but he said he'd pick some up today, so I didn't run out and get any, and I gave him some $ for it as further incentive. SIGH!

DANG and double DANG! I knew I would miss something last night and Tru Calling was it - Sorry, Nick! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I had to go out (cough - and see Bill Pullman - cough) and I set the tape for MLette's shows, CSI and Without a Trace, but I thought it would be kind of rude to go out and leave both TV's and VCR's set with tapes so nobody else could watch anything the rest of the night. Mr ML needs to zone out with his telly (that is, when he's not hogging my computer).

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread