Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

IMO it was one of the biggest failures of the season. In my eyes they should return the hospital to qualified professionals and get back to medicine. It's funny when people say Jackson is not qualified as if Derek is just because he has been practing longer. He is not anymore qualified than Avery since the job is not remotely relevant to medicine or practicing medicine.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Running a hospital is very different than medicine, knowing medicine helps I'm sure. But there are so many things that happen in a hospital than just medicine. Making sure the thing runs with the right budget, insurance, staff, inventory, security, treatment and safety of the patients. Etc...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

It looks like it would be a job better suited for someone with a degree in marketing or a financial analyst. In the first few seasons they had so many unique medical cases but now it dwindled because they create special circumstances such as this one, that makes it difficult for the doctors to act like doctors.

My hope for Jackson's storyline next season is obvious...I want him to resolve this insecurities. I think people tend to overlook them because of how he looks. He has the mindset that people don't expect much of him so he keeps running away and I wish the show would address that. I really think it impedes a lot of his personal growth, especially romantically. I hope this changes because I want my ship, obviously

If they insist on keeping him as a shareholder then I'd like for him to begin to act like he is in fact the majority shareholder and let the rest of them know it when they insult him as if they have the same authority as he does. He is actually their boss if they want to know the truth. He has more of a hold on what goes on in the hospital and him trying to pretend otherwise to pacify the band of survivors will never allow them to show any respect.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he needs to step up and the other boards members will just have to deal with it.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I think his mom will come back next season because of Richard. I hope she tells him life is too short to lie your way through life.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I just saw a topic on IMDB...You might ask why I would read a board so clearly unfriendly towards any of the characters I like but I cannot resist those types of boards because I like blunt perspectives that don't need to be censored the way they are on FanForum. I saw one topic about who Callie should move on to since things are not going well with Arizona. The board is pro-Callie. A few people suggested Jackson because apparently her pairing with Jackson would be visually pleasing (with both of them being attractive people, supposedly).

I don't know if they are an older generation on that board and therefore their ideal beauty may be different than what is considered mainstream. I think they look mismatched. Jackson is pretty muscular so I guess in that way even bigger women might not overwhelm him but I don't think she is physically as attractive as Jackson.The notion that she is is kind of ridiculous in my eyes. How would it look visually pretty? I know this is extremely shallow but I seriously was shocked at the idea.

Last edited by posterity; 06-01-2013 at 09:07 AM
Old 06-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I just saw a topic on IMDB...You might ask why I would read a board so clearly unfriendly towards any of the characters I like but I cannot resist those types of boards because I like blunt perspectives that don't need to be censored the way they are on FanForum. I saw one topic about who Callie should move on to since things are not going with with Arizona. The board is pro-Callie. A few people suggested Jackson because apparently her pairing with Jackson would be visually pleasing (with both of them being attractive people, supposedly).

I don't know if they are an older generation on that board and therefore their ideal beauty may be different than what is considered mainstream. I think they look mismatched. Jackson is pretty muscular so I guess in that way even bigger women might not overwhelm him but I don't think she is physically as attractive as Jackson.The notion that she is is kind of ridiculous in my eyes. How would it look visually pretty? I know this is extremely shallow but I seriously was shocked at the idea.
Callie is gorgeous. One of the most beautiful woman on the show. I don't think it would look ridiculous if Jackson was to find her attractive but I don't think they're a match personality wise. Callie has a very strong and outspoken personality. I think she would overwhelm Jackson who i think likes to be relied on. I think they wouldn't work for the same reason that Christina and Jackson wouldn't work.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

You know Christina Hendricks from Mad Men? She is considered plus size (shes size 14) but she is gorgeous because she is actually the ideal hour glass figure. I don't even think I am allowed to say this on the board. It is kind of rude, which I apologize for mods.

That's true her personality type would overwhelm Jackson. He would come out looking like he did in season 6, which was painful to watch. He was just so desparate and crushed by Cristina's personality. She made him look like a loser. He needs someone more feminine in personality type.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You know Christina Hendricks from Mad Men? She is considered plus size (shes size 14) but she is gorgeous because she is actually the ideal hour glass figure. I don't even think I am allowed to say this on the board. It is kind of rude, which I apologize for mods.

That's true her personality type would overwhelm Jackson. He would come out looking like he did in season 6, which was painful to watch. He was just so desparate and crushed by Cristina's personality. She made him look like a loser. He needs someone more feminine in personality type.
I don't think it's masculine to be opinionated and loud-spoken. At least it shouldn't be. Callie may not be very thin or a complete hour glass figure but that doesn't mean she isn't beautiful or sexy. Those are very narrow definitions of beauty and taste tend to differ. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

ETA: It's been a while since I've seen season 6 but I don't think Christina really crushed Jackson. She just wasn't interested which is perfectly within her rights. She told him after he kissed her she wanted Owen. Anything that happened after that is on him.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I don't think it is masculine to be opinionated either. It probably seems like I mean to imply that Callie or Cristina are masculine personality types but that's not what I meant. I think they are just more self-reliant or independent personality types. They are not so traditional. I don't think it is just being relied on that Jackson likes. He also likes to be reassured that he is doing well and I don't think he would get that from a more independent personality type.

I don't think it is her lack of interest that was what made them look mismatched personality wise. It's the way she cuts him down by reminding him that he is medicore compared to his grandfather or tries to one up him. It was the constant competition that made them awkward for me to watch.

I know it is pretty narrow minded. I feel badly for thinking it.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Jesse William & Wife Expecting First Child

Congrats.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

talking about that reminds me of what I heard on the news that apperently now schools are giving kids letters if they're consider overweight and calling them fat. One girl got one and she was 5'6 125 pounds

Congrats to Jesse and his wife.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

add me please
Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I added you
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I added you