Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Extreme Fan

GG R/L SS #262: For DSR, Inconsistency is the New Black

Last thread

Rory and Logan

banner by Undeniable
Welcome to the thread where we discuss spoilers, speculations, and analyses about Rory Gilmore and Logan Huntzberger of the Gilmore Girls. Have fun posting!

Thread rules
  • Be respectful.
  • Don't tease us with spoilers that you aren't able or willing to share just yet.
  • Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right.

Sophies

In Episode 5.03, Written in the Stars, Logan tells Rory that she should call him "Master and Commander."

Master and Commander is the first of Patrick O'Brian's novels about Jack Aubrey. Sophie is the square-rigged ship that Aubrey is Master and Commander of, and those who crew in her refer to themselves as Sophies. It is the ship where Jack Aubrey first makes his name.

So, it is in this spirit that those who ship the Master and Commander and His Lady are known as: Sophies.

Season 7 Schedule

March 13 – Hiatus Begins

April 10 (Tentative) - 7.18, Hay, Bale, Maze

April 17 (Tentative) - 7.19

Season 7 Episode Information

Episode 7.18 - Hay Bale Maze
Airdate: April 17
Writer: David S. Rosenthal
Director: Steve Clancy

Hay Bale Maze
As Stars Hollow prepares for its annual Spring Fling festival, Rory brings Logan home and shows him around town. Lorelai sees how serious their relationship has become and worries that Logan is too irresponsible for Rory. Taylor angers the town by spending the entire Spring Fling budget on a huge hay bale maze. At an unexpected encounter in the maze, Lorelai and Luke apologize to one another and admit they both made mistakes that lead to the end of their engagement. Meanwhile, Rory has a job interview with the Providence Journal-Bulletin and struggles with decisions about her future.

Sides released 2/9/07 - Timeline

Episode 7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike
Airdate: April 24
Writer:
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

Episode 7.20 - Lorelai, Lorelai
Airdate: May 1
Writer:
Director: Bethany Rooney

Episode 7.21 -
Airdate: May 8
Writer: David Rosenthal & Jennie Snyder

Episode 7.22 -
Airdate: May 15
Writer: David Rosenthal?

Spoilers and Other Buzz

banner by Shinystar

tigerlily333: Tour report Logan get down on one knee and Rory's reaction was clearly negative.

owtpalready: Tour report Logan proposes. The tour guide says Logan living in San Francisco or them making a set for an apartment there.

Nicolala: Rory gets a job offer. Logan spends time at Lorelai's house, and he and Lorelai talk.

Clarification from ABitStormy. "I immediately figured the "for two years," part was talking about how long they've been together".

Tour report and pictures from laurla205. Pictures of Rory and Paris at the graduation. Lucy and Olivia is also there.

Tour report and pictures from ABitStormy.
When the scene starts though it looks like Rory is already agitated because she's walking super fast and trying to get ahead of him and it looks like she's irritated with him. Then they make their way to a horse and carriage with two white horses. I'm guessing Logan got it for her as part of the proposal or in case she decided to say yes. They did this scene a few times, sometimes the scene seemed to have them both angry, and some of the takes seemed more mellow, even including a smile or two. There is a ring box, it was hard to see at first but it looked like at first Logan has it, then he takes Rory's hands and hands it to Rory, and then at the end she hands it back (though a few times I think Alexis still had it when the scene ended).

Ausiello on his vodcast: Rory and Logan break up in 7.21

Tru_Slayer at TV.com: Says here Paris breaks up with Doyle and later misses him.

Ausiello Report: Rory finally meets Christiane Amanpour in May 8, season (and likely series) finale

Ask Ausiello: Rumored break-up? "I think I know how this rumor got started. Matt Czuchry is attached to a fall pilot, and folks are assuming that that means he's leaving Gilmore Girls. Not so."

gossipcom: Rory and Logan will be together at the end of the season.

Matt Czuchry being considered for a CW pilot, Gravity. More information here, here, here, and here. Thanks to Iolite, La Linn, shinystar, and rosefurcoat for bringing the information over. Update: Gravity might be rolled to another year or cancelled due to production problems. News on others cast members of GG with different projects Courtesy of gossipcom. Watch with Kristin: David Rosenthal is talking to other shows

From RoryandLogan.net: Matt Czuchry interview – failed business deal will lead to really big changes in Logan

Buddy TV interviews Matt Czuchry: "Logan is going to start a nice arc here. There will be a further twist on down the line as far as the direction that Logan’s going to go for the last chunk of the season. So the internet company and how he interacts with his passion and what happens with the internet company is really going to inform the storylines for him and for Rory and their relationship."

Ask Ausiello: Family drama for Logan; Rory plays the supportive girlfriend, but no marriage proposal.

ScottPAdmirer's brief tour report on TWoP: The other set we saw was the layout of Logan's NY apartment, complete with that knight's armor.

Metro interviews Matt Czuchry: "I want to see her grow from the relationship, but I actually think it would be more interesting if Logan and Rory were just these soul mate friends and Rory has the time she needs to be on her own."

lorelaisgirl tour info here. Rory is on a phone call and once she hangs up she does a happy-squee-like move.

ingw tour info here and here. Rory gets a call from the NYT about a job, Yale apartment being torn down.

Terry Morrow interview with Matt Czuchry. On the future of RL: "I don't know," he said. "It depends on whether we are going to do a season finale or a series finale."

copperboom tour report: There is a new apartment for Logan in the Yale soundstage.

Terry Morrow spoke with Matt Czuchry: Matt tells me it's too early to tell, but the set doesn't have a fatalistic feel to it right now. I'm hearing the show will continue for maybe one more season ... but nothing is firm.

From Genki: R/L will be ok in the end.

Buddytv interview with DSR: "Will Logan and Rory break up this season?" "No comment. (Laughs) You'll have to wait and watch."

From Wheredidalltheanvilsgo tour: No new sets have been built for Rory.

Ausiello Report: With Logan's return, "It will kind of rev up their relationship in good and bad ways." Their relationship will deepen and complicate in many ways. Marty's still holding a torch for Rory, but it's not reciprocated. More here.

LarLar1286 at TWOP: DS contract extension would be for Rory’s graduation, not to extend C/L.

Ausiello Report: RL relationship "deepening and intensifying"; Marty “in and out” all year.

Matt Czuchry radio interview, courtesy of maplezbear.

CW Launch Party clip brought over by little_earthquake. Transcript courtesy caf123.

Matt on KMOX, brought over by Sandlynn. Matt says that Logan does find passion in his work in London.

Ausiello interviews Matt Czuchry at the CW Launch Party. As for Rory and Logan: "Logan is going to come back and going to make sure nobody takes his girl... He doesn't want to lose this girl... He loves this girl." Transcript courtesy of lorelaisgirl.

Ausiello’s interview with David Rosenthal. “Logan will be a major part of her life this year, and they will find ways to be together.” Marty will also cause Rory a lot of personal problems.

Watch with Kristin: Alexis about Matt: "It's really fun working with him, I mean it definitely is, because he's always very engaged, he's always in character, and it kinda motivates me. Because, like, I'm on the show every day, and when he comes in, he brings this fresh new energy and its kinda nice to work with him. So, I hope we get to have a lot more scenes together this season."

Terry Morrow of KnoxNews reports that Matt Czuchry will appear for 15 episodes this season, the first two "just seen talking over the phone".

Kristin in E!Online interviews Matt Czuchry: He thinks that Rory and Logan's storyline would resonate with young adults because it highlights the tension of Logan taking on his family responsibilities, and Rory finding out what she wants for herself professionally. He thinks Rory should remain single if this were the last season [in reaction to Kristin's comment about a "big Rory and Logan wedding"].

From GGMinn: Rory will have no new love interest.

Alan Sepinwall of The Star Ledger chats with DR at the CW party: "The first part of the season is (Logan and Rory) trying to deal with a long-distance relationship. Something will come and change that."

Maureen Ryan of The Chicago Tribune quotes Dave Rosenthal: "We have the benefit of seeing the future and knowing where we want to take them. So while something may be disturbing in the short run, or upsetting or confusing to a fan, we as the writers recognize that, yes, that’s upsetting but ultimately that's the journey that this character has to go on, they're required to do this or that...ultimately we're interested in personal growth. Obviously if characters never went through difficult times or never suffered, or had to face obstacles it would be hard for them to grow."

Ausiello interviews Milo Ventimiglia: on Jess returning to GG~ "Never gonna happen."

On the Regis and Kelly show, Alexis Bledel calls "recycling" of Rory's boyfriends...unrealistic.

myfanbase.de interview of Matt Czuchry: "My hope is that the audience will get to see Logan take on his adult responsibilities and thrive in the business world. Personally, I would love to see Logan apply his spontaneous nature and love of life to the challenges he finds with the paper and his fast approaching adult life he has resisted to this point..."

Spoilerfreak posts: a clause in Matt Czuchry's contract? MC to appear in last 3 episodes of the season

Kristin interviews EH, KB, MC and SP at the CW upfronts. - Clip from Canopus - Transcript - Matt: "Hopefully, with that London storyline," he said, "we'll get a chance to see what he would be like taking over the business and becoming kind of a mogul. Either that or it will be just a lot of phone calls to Rory, which is going to get tiring! But either way, I will be there."

CIP speculations for season 7
(posted on the first RL spoiler thread after the season 6 finale)

Gilmorefan recap of RL S6 finale

Last edited by La Linn; 04-01-2007 at 12:53 AM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

banner by Undeniable

RL Episode Clips and Promos
Please do not talk about downloading episode clips on the thread. They are posted as soon as possible. Credit Undeniable (Camilla) and roryandlogan.net for the RL clips. Full clips are available at the main spoiler thread.

7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore

7.15 - I'm A Kayak, Hear Me Roar

7.14 - Farewell, My Pet

7.13 - I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia

7.10 - Merry Fisticuffs

7.09 - Knit, People, Knit

7.08 - Introducing Lorelai Planetarium

7.05 - The Great Stink
transcript courtesy of secret life

7.04 - 'S Wonderful, S' Marvelous
transcript courtesy of La Linn

7.03 - Lorelai's First Cotillon
transcript courtesy of secret life

7.01 - The Long Morrow
transcript courtesy of princess isabel

CW promo with Alexis and Matt

Extras

Rory & Logan Online

Rory and Logan screencaps

Rory and Logan S6 transcripts

Gilmorefan.com Rory/Logan-centered recaps of S5-S7

Ace of Hearts Campaign

Promo Pictures
Courtesy of Fraz and Jet1945 at FanBolt, and The CW

Logan

Rory

Rory/Logan

Episode Stills
Courtesy of curlyhead

Last edited by La Linn; 03-31-2007 at 02:34 AM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Linn!

Considering what the episode description says, I don't find it too out of line to think that Lorelai may eventually influence Rory's decision. I personally blame the writers more than Lorelai for suddenly changing her view of Logan.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

lol all the pictures disapeard, but don't worry I will change from firefox to oprah or something and fix it.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. We're only going on a short blurb. But still, we don't even know if Lorelai speaks about her reservations about Logan to Rory. For all we know, she rants to someone else. And for all we know, Lorelai has a reason for changing her view on Logan.

She knows there has been tension between Rory and Logan lately. Maybe Logan says something, does something to make Lorelai wonder.

But still, it's up to Rory to make the decision. Even if Lorelai does speak to her daughter about Logan. Rory can make the decision on her own. And not let her mother influence it one way or another.

But it will definately be interesting to see, why Lorelai suddenly changes her view.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for the new thread, Linn!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Back to what I saw filmed yesterday, when the girl who told us she heard San Francisco and "for two years" (and since I didn't hear it I can't say how sure I am that's what they really said) I immediately figured the "for two years," part was talking about how long they've been together.

Quote:
Well, if you really want to talk about "going off the deep end", perhaps we could talk about just why it was that to the observer of the "carriage scene", it appeared that they were actually shooting different versions of the scene: one described as "angry", another as "mellow and with smiles", another where "she gives the ringbox back", and yet another where it appeared to the observer that "Rory kept the ringbox." (as written on the original spoiler by the observer.)
We definitely felt like they made the scene a little less intense as they went on. The director was talking to Matt a while between takes, so maybe they told him to not be so intense. Because at first we were kind of surprised by how it was looking, but by the end it looked more like I was expecting, with it being a kind of bittersweet moment. Also, it looked like the dialogue was still the same... Alexis still gestured, brushed her skirt, etc., at the same time in all the scenes. They shot it a couple of times with the horse there, then they said they were doing close ups, so they took the horses away, and Alexis changed out of her heels and into her comfortable shoes, so maybe the ringbox just wasn't in those shots so they didn't pass it back and forth? I don't want anyone to falsely get their hopes up because of my description since I really have no clue what they were saying.

Last edited by ABitStormy; 03-30-2007 at 02:12 PM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the new thread Linn!

Is it me or is the 2nd post a little lite?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)

It's missing the pictures. Linn is fixing it.
without alcohol.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)

My computer hates me right now, I'm sure I will be able to fix it.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

From the ep description, maybe Lore thinks Logan's irrisponsible before he is in Stars Hollow for the maze. The maze is in Act 5 (I don't know how many acts there normally are though). According to AA, the LL scene in the maze is at the end of the episode, so that to me says all the maze stuff is near the end.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread Linn.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lorelai is a serious hypocrite as always to say if Logan is irresonsiple she ran out at home at 17. I thought after everything she understood and liked him, I can't believe that women was once my favorite character. She notices their serious now as Christine says they've lived together, Rory said last year that she thought he could be the one. This makes no sense what so ever
Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
New Fan

7.18 info:

Rory gets a job offer. Logan spends time at Lorelai's house, and he and Lorelai talk.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread