Dedicated Fan

Clerks all the way! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Amy

[ 08-06-2003: Message edited fingerless ]
Old 08-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Cary Cary Cary [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Woops, the rest are really huge [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
http://www.boomspeed.com/valntno/cary05.jpg http://www.boomspeed.com/valntno/cary06.jpg http://www.boomspeed.com/valntno/caryirene.jpg

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw It Happened One Night the other day...what a great movie...I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before.

Also saw Casablanca for the first time. I really didn't like it. I don't know if I just had really high expectations or what..but I nearly fell asleep throughout the whole thing. Could be I'm not the biggest fan of Bogart.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

My heart skips a beat. Thank you, Profaine Angel, for the cool pictures.

I don't know how you don't see it.

[ 08-09-2003: Message edited TimeOfYourLife ]
Old 08-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I honestly don't understand why people are so into Cary Grant. There are certain things about Jimmy Stewart that I think are cute but it is only in context of the movie. I think Jack Pickford has his moments as well. But the only person I've found to be truely swoon-worthy in old movies is Buddy Rogers.

"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 08-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Fan

You want to swoon? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Why do I like Cary Grant? Not a difficult question. In life, different physical characteristics appeal to different people. Well, I fell for his brown eyes, his long eyelashes, his voice, and his sly behavior.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Addicted Fan

I think I like Cary best when he's being driven batty by mad women [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

haha- I think we're all crazy.

I saw Wuthering Heights and was incredibly bored by it. I don't understand why people think so highly of it. I couldn't help but make fun of it.

I also watched the AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies to get some recommendations of movies I should see but haven't.

Does anyone here collect old movie posters or anything? I got a book that tells you about it and I'd like to start, but I'm still somewhat wary about being had.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 08-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG>
I saw Wuthering Heights and was incredibly bored by it. I don't understand why people think so highly of it. I couldn't help but make fun of it.
</STRONG>

Err, I keep meaning to see it! I read the book last year and was planning to see the movie right after (as I did with GWTW and a few others) but just never got around to it! I've heard a radio play of it though which I thoroughly enjoyed [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So far all I've seen of the film however is the first 10 or so minutes, and then that famous "I am Heathcliffe!" bit from Merle, which cracks me up [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I don't essentially 'collect' posters and stuff but if I see something I like I will buy it. I have quite a few stills but spend more of my time on actual videos first and foremost. I do have a ton of magazines with Phyllis Calvert in them though [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] with her I grab everything affordable I find [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2003, 05:06 PM
New Fan

My fav black and white films are Arsenic + Old Lace and Harvey.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I just watched Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? today. I realized that Joan Crawford must have known what she was talking about when it came to skin care because she didn't look her age in the movie. My mom remembered the movie from when she was younger and she kept saying how evil Joan looked. I don't think so at all, but I've been completely enamored with her since Grand Hotel.
I love the idea of the movie though. While watching it, it made me sad that people have to get old and people forget them when they've worked so hard. I think that is one of the reasons I am so into old movies. I don't want these people to have worked so hard in vain.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] No one is posting! Well, guys, I saw Penny Serenade yesterday. I really liked it. Although I wasn't exactly sure what happened to Trina until later and I was like, "I gotta get to fan forum to ask!" hehe
Old 08-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Sabrina, Mildred Pierce, Roman Holiday, and alot more that I can't think of right now
Old 08-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG> Well, guys, I saw Penny Serenade yesterday. I really liked it. </STRONG>
Glad to hear [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Isn't it just so sad? [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Recently I bought a lux radio play of it...hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait to hear it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread