Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Passion was the real game-changer for me. I suppose had I watched during the original run that Innocence might have shocked me, maybe even more. But going into Buffy as a Netflix viewer years after it went off the air, I was just blown away by what I saw in Passion.

Angel/Angelus distinction aside, for a main character, a character who would soon lead the other half of the Buffyverse to do what he did to a mostly sympathetic recurring character was staggering. I thought: 'Wow, This was a kids/teen marketed show on the WB in 1999, and the Heroine's boyfriend, altered/other state whatever, just snapped an innocent woman's neck.' All the groundbreaking episodes which came afterwards, 'Hush, OMWF, The Body, The Gift, Hole in the World etc.,' seemed to stem from this moment, at least to me.
AlexiosK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I highly agree, Passion was and is iconic. Very few shows, if any at all, would have had the balls to take such a popular character and boyfriend of the heroine and turn him in to the series villain and make him so dark. It was groundbreaking for the series, and everything about Passion is so brilliantly done. it brings out the same emotions in me now as it did then. Most shows today cannot hope to touch the quality and brilliance of Passion.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

In the whole show, I think Angelus was the hardest villain for the gang to face.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's no doubt, because of his personal connection to the group. Glory was toughest physically I'd say, but on every other count it had to be Angelus.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I still wonder a bit about Angelus's strategy for defeating Buffy though. Spike: 'Just kill her."
Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was Angelus' downfall though. So many times he could have had the kill if he'd acted there and then, like Spike with the Slayers. But he was obsessed with the mind games and mental torture and making his victims suffer first, and often that cost him.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes. And poor Spike is forced to adopt a similar strategy to that which Angelus used when he goes after Buffy in season 4. Once Spike gets his chip he must go after her friends and their friendships only with mind games. It works about as well Angelus' strategy did!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
That was Angelus' downfall though. So many times he could have had the kill if he'd acted there and then, like Spike with the Slayers. But he was obsessed with the mind games and mental torture and making his victims suffer first, and often that cost him.
Exactly. He wanted to drag everything out
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that's one of the things which makes him one of the series most fascinating and complex villains.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that's one of the things which makes him one of the series most fascinating and complex villains.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. Having a villain that didn't just want to control the world/destroy it made thing interesting.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:51 AM
New Fan

Buffy Season 2

I have done a few retrospective videos on Buffy the Vampire Slayer where I discuss actors and quotes as well as my feelings towards the show and I thought they might mean something here.

Just fair warning... the videos contain spoilers so if you haven't yet seen the whole season or just want to remain unspoiled about things... these may not be the videos for you.

Oh and since I make 'em for YouTube, I have all that like and subscribe stuff at the end... doesn't matter much to you!

~ Justin Christopher Davis (Absurdly Epic) ~

Let's all understand movies and TV shows together!
absurdlyepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Old 10-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I disagree, I think Glory was the hardest for them to take down (then next would be Adam) She was a FREAKING GOD. So I think Glory was the hardest for them to take down IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Hardest in being able to handle physically, yes, but emotionally, Angelus was worse. That was what a lot of us meant
Reply   Post New Thread