Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Mystery... but I only say that because I know I will also receive the conclusion to the romantic couples too.
Cool that you will get both .
Quote:
I'm not worried about the romantic couples because I know I'll be satisfied:

1. Hanna/Caleb, I've loved from day 1. They've been my OTP of the series. I have confidence they will be together. They already are reunited actually so for me it's about if they get married or not. I kind of think they will. Ashley Benson who plays Hanna was totally pissed off when they broke up during the time jump in season 6. She was actually livid. She ships the pairing as much as the fans do, lol. Marlene King (showrunner) had to basically calm her down and tell her it was going to be okay. So if she was upset over a break up, she would be going out of her mind if Hanna/Caleb don't get the happy ending. She seems very happy about the series finale which has to mean she's happy about where Hanna/Caleb end up.
I see your point. She would be pissed a lot more if they don't end up together . Cool that you have certainty when it comes to your OTP.

Quote:
2. Spencer/Toby, this is my second favorite ship and in many ways they are tied with Haleb as my favorite. Actually, I put Haleb and Spoby tied as my favorite ships. Now, their situation is a bit touchy. They are not romantically reunited just yet but there's all kinds of proof that they are still in love. So I have strong hope for them too to reunite for good. They better, anyway! I can't see them not ending up together. Too much love and history there.
Do you think that they can manage to get them together in the remaining 10 episodes?

Quote:
3. Aria/Ezra... I've grown to like this pairing. Definitely not your traditional pairing to say the least. They are in a touchy situation too... he was engaged to someone else who he thought was killed by terrorists. Aria was with someone else but with Aria and Ezra, they always find a way... they just are drawn to each other. Aria broke up with the guy she was seeing and Aria/Ezra reunite but of course a little later, we find out the girl Ezra was seeing and thought was dead actually survived. So we'll have to sort out the Aria/Ezra/Nicole situation but I think Aria/Ezra will prevail.
Interesting that you grow to love them. I know that in the beginning you didn't like them. Was he the teacher one that was older or I am mixing the couples up?

Quote:
4. Emily's romantic life has always been up and down. She's gay and has definitely had her share of very hot women for girlfriends. Anyway, there's two girls though she's loved the most... Paige and Alison. Paige and Emily, I liked and thought they were ending up together but things got all screwed up with them when Paige moved to California. They reunited during the time jump/during college. However, Emily's dad died and Emily then broke away from everyone due to the pain over the loss. So they broke up. However, Emily's first love has always been Alison. Alison was cruel and mean to all the girls while they were growing up. In the books she's the actual sociopath/murderer/villain of the books. The TV show has Alison as changed and redeemed though... in the books her twin sister was good, on the show her half sister was the crazy/bad one. So this was tweaked. Anyway, it's obvious Emily and Alison are going to end up together on the show. Alison is pregnant with twins and AD (villain) actually caused the pregnancy by stealing Emily's eggs (she was helping out a mother/family get pregnant for financial reasons) and implanted them in Alison. So Emily and Alison will have two children together and are going to end up together.
That's definitely weird storyline with the pregnancy and all, but it seems like it will end up the way you like it.

Quote:
Thus, as you can see I am feeling good about the ships above. Then again, ultimately my biggest ship is the friendship between the girls and I strongly feel like they will stay close at the end of the series.

So it's all about the mystery for me, getting answers, receiving a satisfying conclusion. According to the cast, the fans will get answers and love the conclusion of the mystery. I hope they are right.
At least it looks like the writer and the cast care about the fans and what they want. This does make the difference. In comparison Shonda Rhimes (I mentioned her above) is completely the opposite. She is like this is my story, I will tell it the way I want. Sure, it's her story, but her story is pointless if the fans do not enjoy it. But I guess to each their own.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Cool that you will get both .
Yes, I think I will. It's not a sure thing and I'm usually glass is half empty but I have a good feeling in this case.

Quote:
I see your point. She would be pissed a lot more if they don't end up together . Cool that you have certainty when it comes to your OTP.
She doesn't hold back her emotions or thoughts. LOL She literally admitted she was pissed at MK (showrunner) for this. She talked about how she watched Haleb videos and mourned the loss of their relationship while they were broken up. I've actually never witnessed an actor so upset over a romantic pairing their character is a part of. It's unique and very cool.

So yes, I think Ashley would rage if Haleb didn't get a happy ending.

Quote:
Do you think that they can manage to get them together in the remaining 10 episodes?
Yes. They are the type of pairing that is together even when they're technically not together if that makes sense. They even kissed before Spencer was shot and Toby got into a car accident. It wouldn't take a lot of time to get them back together.

Quote:
Interesting that you grow to love them. I know that in the beginning you didn't like them. Was he the teacher one that was older or I am mixing the couples up?
Nope, you are correct. I am happy that they never slept together while he was a teacher. I also appreciate how Aria is when she's with him. When Aria's not with Ezra romantically she's different. She's not the real Aria. When she's happy with him we get the best version of Aria if that makes sense. I also like the actor who plays Ezra.

Quote:
That's definitely weird storyline with the pregnancy and all, but it seems like it will end up the way you like it.
Pretty much, lol.

Quote:
At least it looks like the writer and the cast care about the fans and what they want. This does make the difference. In comparison Shonda Rhimes (I mentioned her above) is completely the opposite. She is like this is my story, I will tell it the way I want. Sure, it's her story, but her story is pointless if the fans do not enjoy it. But I guess to each their own.
Good compare/contrast. Marlene King is the anti-Shonda Rhimes. She actually cares so much about what the fans think she gets upset when she gets some bad feedback and says as much. She definitely cares about her fans and has the fans in mind when she writes/constructs storylines. Yes, this entire cast also care about the fans. This has been going on for 7 years now. They absolutely care about and appreciate the fandom. It's very unique because their love/caring/loyalty has never wavered even once throughout these 7 years.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What Ashley says at 4:07 and on is so obvious, lol. First of all, Tyler is talking Hanna/Caleb but Ashley makes it so obvious that everyone's going to be happy regarding the series finale, both romance and mystery:

Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I probably will watch, for morbid curiosity if nothing else. I loved that show once upon a time, so maybe I'll enjoy the swan song.
I remember you stopped watching around the time that it was revealed Ezra was working privately for his book, right? You stopped around the time when there was that fake out "Ezra is A" bit?
Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I never cared for the mystery. I also hated Ezra's cause I loathe teacher/student relationships. But i will watch for spoby
Old 04-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I remember you stopped watching around the time that it was revealed Ezra was working privately for his book, right? You stopped around the time when there was that fake out "Ezra is A" bit?
I did. It was just getting so out there that I couldn't really watch anymore. Plus, it wasn't fun to watch. I could've dealt with everything else if I was still having fun during that hour, but I wasn't, so I quit watching. I've semi-kept up with what's happening by reading comments on this thread, but every time I was interested in possibly starting up again something horrible like Spaleb happened and killed my interest.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I did. It was just getting so out there that I couldn't really watch anymore. Plus, it wasn't fun to watch. I could've dealt with everything else if I was still having fun during that hour, but I wasn't, so I quit watching. I've semi-kept up with what's happening by reading comments on this thread, but every time I was interested in possibly starting up again something horrible like Spaleb happened and killed my interest.
It doesn't surprise me that Ashley freaked out about that. So did Troian, Tyler, and Keegan, just on a more silent level. Ashley told MK straight up that would never happen, these characters never would have gone there, etc. Oh well, it's done and over with and I liked how it was sorted.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How can you not want to watch the last ten after listening to Keegan?

By the way, Keegan and Troian went out together on the town a couple nights ago, so cute, that they're still really, really close.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I think I will. It's not a sure thing and I'm usually glass is half empty but I have a good feeling in this case.
Fingers crossed that you will be right!

Quote:
She doesn't hold back her emotions or thoughts. LOL She literally admitted she was pissed at MK (showrunner) for this. She talked about how she watched Haleb videos and mourned the loss of their relationship while they were broken up. I've actually never witnessed an actor so upset over a romantic pairing their character is a part of. It's unique and very cool.

So yes, I think Ashley would rage if Haleb didn't get a happy ending.
It's good that MK reacted so well. Other showrunners might have fired her. It's not like I haven't seen such things in this business. So it's cool in this case that MK listened to her.

Quote:
Yes. They are the type of pairing that is together even when they're technically not together if that makes sense. They even kissed before Spencer was shot and Toby got into a car accident. It wouldn't take a lot of time to get them back together.
In that case yes indeed it wouldn't take that much time .
Quote:
Nope, you are correct. I am happy that they never slept together while he was a teacher. I also appreciate how Aria is when she's with him. When Aria's not with Ezra romantically she's different. She's not the real Aria. When she's happy with him we get the best version of Aria if that makes sense. I also like the actor who plays Ezra.
I see. To be honest I am not sure that I would have liked this. Was he her teacher when they had relationship or he was just teacher in general. For me that is kind of deal breaker to be honest. I do not have that much problems with the age gap because it's not about what the ID says, but the maturity level a person has. However I do find it a bit inappropriate for teacher to have relationship with a student. Even if it's not romantic one btw. It's just inappropriate and it leads to favoring the student over others and I kind of dislike that. It's unfair to the other students.

Quote:
Good compare/contrast. Marlene King is the anti-Shonda Rhimes. She actually cares so much about what the fans think she gets upset when she gets some bad feedback and says as much. She definitely cares about her fans and has the fans in mind when she writes/constructs storylines. Yes, this entire cast also care about the fans. This has been going on for 7 years now. They absolutely care about and appreciate the fandom. It's very unique because their love/caring/loyalty has never wavered even once throughout these 7 years.
This is great! It does makes huge difference when the cast and the showrunner are so respecting towards the fans.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey all Hope everyone is doing good
Old 04-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I see. To be honest I am not sure that I would have liked this. Was he her teacher when they had relationship or he was just teacher in general. For me that is kind of deal breaker to be honest. I do not have that much problems with the age gap because it's not about what the ID says, but the maturity level a person has. However I do find it a bit inappropriate for teacher to have relationship with a student. Even if it's not romantic one btw. It's just inappropriate and it leads to favoring the student over others and I kind of dislike that. It's unfair to the other students.
Well, to make matters worse, he actually knew who she was and wanted to get closer to the Liars because he knew Alison and was writing a book on her, a true crime novel. He was in college and Alison lied and told him she was too. They dated but never had sex. He blew up and was so pissed when he found out she was underage and in high school and broke it off. But when she went missing, professionally he wanted to write a novel about it. He was an English teacher. So he knew what he was doing initially. We find this out in season 4.

So basically he knew who Aria was when she went into the sportsbar for take out/food. They connected instantly. However, what happened was he actually did fall for her. They dated while he was a teacher but never had sex until he quit teaching at the high school and became a college professor at a local college. In the books he actually goes to jail for his relationship with Aria. In the TV series the school never found out. Aria's parents eventually find out and while her dad literally wants to hurt him badly, he eventually gets over it. Aria's mom and Ezra were good friends before the truth came out. Aria and Ezra actually end up telling Aria's parents which of course causes issues and Aria is banned from seeing him for a long time. Eventually like I said it all blows over and they end up accepting the relationship.

I had many issues with the situation but like I said a couple of things at least I appreciated:

1. They never had sex while he was her teacher.
2. When he started to fall for her he quit writing the book/investigating. But you can only imagine how she felt when she found out about the book.

I didn't start truly accepting/being okay with it until the five year time jump and Aria was a grown adult. That said, I don't "ship" them and never have. I just went from intense hatred, to acceptance, to mildly at times liking some of their moments as grown adults.

I know Betty and Patricia have always liked them. Alan liked them too. I was raging big time initially like I said. LOL

Quote:
This is great! It does makes huge difference when the cast and the showrunner are so respecting towards the fans.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-18-2017 at 04:42 AM
Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pretty Little Liars Day

Have Netflix fired up. FF is doing a marathon leading up to the all new tonight.

I'm seeing so many PLL avatars from people around FF getting ready for these last ten. Can't wait until tonight!

Last edited by jediwands; 04-18-2017 at 09:47 PM
Old 04-18-2017, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, to make matters worse, he actually knew who she was and wanted to get closer to the Liars because he knew Alison and was writing a book on her, a true crime novel. He was in college and Alison lied and told him she was too. They dated but never had sex. He blew up and was so pissed when he found out she was underage and in high school and broke it off. But when she went missing, professionally he wanted to write a novel about it. He was an English teacher. So he knew what he was doing initially. We find this out in season 4.
So he kind of decided to get close to Alison's friends so that he could gather information about her going missing?

Quote:
So basically he knew who Aria was when she went into the sportsbar for take out/food. They connected instantly. However, what happened was he actually did fall for her. They dated while he was a teacher but never had sex until he quit teaching at the high school and became a college professor at a local college.
To be honest for me my problem would be more about the fact that he tried to use than his age. I have some problem with stories like that. I guess I wouldn't hate the couple, but it wouldn't be my favorite one either.
Quote:
In the books he actually goes to jail for his relationship with Aria. In the TV series the school never found out. Aria's parents eventually find out and while her dad literally wants to hurt him badly, he eventually gets over it. Aria's mom and Ezra were good friends before the truth came out. Aria and Ezra actually end up telling Aria's parents which of course causes issues and Aria is banned from seeing him for a long time. Eventually like I said it all blows over and they end up accepting the relationship.
It's normal for her parents to react this way .

Quote:
I had many issues with the situation but like I said a couple of things at least I appreciated:

1. They never had sex while he was her teacher.
2. When he started to fall for her he quit writing the book/investigating. But you can only imagine how she felt when she found out about the book.
To be honest for me it's more important the fact that he wanted to use than whether he had sex with her or not. It's good that they didn't have sex though.

Quote:
I didn't start truly accepting/being okay with it until the five year time jump and Aria was a grown adult. That said, I don't "ship" them and never have. I just went from intense hatred, to acceptance, to mildly at times liking some of their moments as grown adults.
Makes sense . I think that I would have had similar reaction had I watched the show.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just watching the end of Good Morning America and the characters from PLL were on. They were asked to summarize the series finale in a few words and here is what they said...

Game changing
Shocking
Romantic
A tribute to the fans

Allison says that she is pleased with how her character ends. So...I guess she's not a bad guy.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know Betty and Patricia have always liked them. Alan liked them too. I was raging big time initially like I said. LOL
I was an Ezria apologist for a long time. That was when I thought that he didn't know she was a high school student (much less his high school student) when they began their relationship. Once it was revealed that he knew who she was the whole time, I couldn't get over seeing him as a sexual predator who seduced an underage teenage girl for basically nefarious purposes. The fact that he developed real feelings for her doesn't matter to me much anymore. They are forever tainted in a way that makes it impossible for me to enjoy them as a couple, no matter what happens in these last few episodes. I make no bones about it: I'm watching to see if Spoby end up together. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Saying that the fans of the ships will like the way the last 10 play out is fine and dandy, but I'll believe it when I see it. Not that long ago The 100 writers were being reassuring about Clexa, and we all know how that turned out.