Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Under the Dome Episode Discussion: 3x05 "Alaska", Thursday, July 16th.

UNDER THE DOME

EPISODE DISCUSSION

"Alaska"

@
Chester's Mill, Maine

Quote:
“Alaska” – Big Jim and Julia form a tentative alliance to search for proof that will discredit Christine, which leads them to new information about the Dome’s capabilities. Meanwhile, when tensions run high in town and threaten Christine’s leadership, she puts a plan in play that has deadly consequences, on UNDER THE DOME, Thursday, July 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. x

Alaska Promo

CBS.com

Last edited by Lostcandy; 07-15-2015 at 11:48 AM
Old 07-15-2015, 11:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Heres to surviving another episode.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I won't be able to watch the episode tomorrow but I'll watch it friday as soon as I get home before checking the board

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 07-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Candice - TFTNT!

Too bad you can't watch today, Hannah. I'll miss your comments.

ITA Essence. What I'm hoping for in this episode is to see some chinks in that alien Barbie character. We need the real Barbie back & I'll even wait for Jarbie patiently if I can see he's coming back to himself.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 07-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
Candice - TFTNT!

Too bad you can't watch today, Hannah. I'll miss your comments.

ITA Essence. What I'm hoping for in this episode is to see some chinks in that alien Barbie character. We need the real Barbie back & I'll even wait for Jarbie patiently if I can see he's coming back to himself.
No, problem.
I hope they do not drag the Zombie Barbie storyline out. That would be the worst thing to do at this point.

They have to start redeeming him as soon as they can.

Last week's episode was a little jarring to me. It's like the episode was trying for the shock and ekk factor, but there were a lot of misses. I really didn't see any build up to Barbie's blow up. What made him get violent so fast? Even if he is brainwashed, I don't see how that outburst fits. They are suppose to be little worker bees. He shouldn't feel the need to lash out. I still have to think about that scene and why the writers went that way. I hope it is more to it than making Julia finally give up on Barbie.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Woo Hoo!! Barbie is beginning to question Eva & Christine! Do hope he continues on this path.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

It feels like part of the scenes are getting cut off when it comes from commercial break.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh! Hate deleted scenes. This episode is crazy scary.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to have to let this episode digest for a while.

I'm happy they didn't recant with Norrie. She is definitely back. I was afraid it would be a fluke.

I love that Christine keeps underestimating Julia.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

This episode was good. Poor Abbie, Pete and Eva.

They used Oxytocin on her, which explains a lot about the cocoons. It worked on Junior for multiple reasons.

Julia with a gun on Christine?

I wonder what they'll do with Joe and Norrie, though. They're kind of screwed atm and barbie is far away with Eva.

On one hand, it felt like Julia was winning, but now, Eva's going to be relentless. We'll see some gross alien baby covered with goo.

I'm not surprised that she's pregnant,though. Mating has been Christine's priority from the get-go.

I would have lost my if they killed Mindy. Screw BJ-I want the dog safe.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I do like to see Big Jim blowing things up

Barbie is tearing away from the alien grip

NO ABBY!!!!!

Christine go dig a hole and get shot and die

Oh Junior I just am so done with you
Joe and Norrie you are screwed.

Pete, why'd you have to be so dumb and attack Barbie.

Don't kill the dog!!!!!! Whatever you do, don't kill the dog!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

This is an episode that I'll have to watch again. That said here are a few thoughts.

The darkest episode of UtD so far and at the end, I felt my hope slipping away. Ugh! It seems like the good guys are losing and I'm getting really, really tired of Barbie & Eva holding hands & kissing. Blech!!

You can see the chinks in Big Jim's armor when his dog is being threatened. That was a horrible moment until he decided to tell the truth.

Julia was AWESOME and so bad ass. It was the only positive of the entire episode. I do hope she's the one who takes Christine down for good. Go Julia!!!

I was disappointed that Pete believed Christine's lies and went after Barbie. BTW it seemed that Barbie was a bit OOC in how viciously he retaliated. And no, no, no I don't want to see any tender moments between you and the alien vessel.

Not sure how Joe & Norrie will get out their predicament but I did see in the previews that Julia was facing the mob.

I used to look forward to new episodes with excitement but now I have to say I'm almost dreading what the writers have next in store for us. I need something positive happening and not just little bits & pieces. I need something BIG!!

Old 07-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't looking forward to this episode after last week and for a reason.. Julia and Barbie had no scenes together and aren't even thinking about sorting things out between each other well, Julia is thinking big trying to save the whole town, and I had hope Barbie would see through Christine when he faced Eva and she wasn't willing to tell the truth. one thing that bothered me about that scene was what Barbie said that "I can't be with someone who's not gonna talk to me." ehmm, excuse me but you weren't willing to talk to Julia about anything either, mr. hypocrite but then he was enchanted by Eva again when Christine made her into more of an alien..friggin fantastic..and now he's also a cold-blooded murderer I don't even want him back with Julia at this point. he really bugs me. and that declaration of love with Eva. I had to turn away it pained me so much. goddamn these writers... now they're gonna have an alien baby. perfect please stab me instead..

it seemed really dumb how easily Pete just believed Christine was on his side. I liked him for a whole episode but that was over..I know I'm a horrible person but when he told Barbie he's gonna take "his girl", I was all please do, but it also hurt because now everyone considers Eva his girl..ugh x(

Junior and Christine are so disgusting with all the goo and all the lovemaking I don't know who can put up with this kin of a show anymore. also Abby and Sam, well I just wasn't interested in that at all. well, now she's out of the picture thanks to Christine..I wasn't a fan of her relationship with Sam but I didn't want that either..

thank God one thing is still working just like in the previous seasons, and that's Joe and Norrie. they're the light for me left in this show. that little vow Joe made for her was adorable. and Norrie first said ILY to him awww but now they're in so much danger because of creepy Hunter, damn him and the whole zombie town

Julia in charge is a gift. loved her being all bossy and in control of things, although now I'm afraid the scientists will turn on her too just like they did with Jim I was so scared they'd hurt his dog through him, I can see the human in Jim and he's certainly a better character trying to end this BS that's going on.

I think that's about all that happened..next week's promo is really epic and pretty long. but there are things in it I never wanted to see and I wonder what that apocalypse is about. I want Jarbie fixed real bad but I don't see any progress in that in the next episode either so it's really hard to stay hopeful

Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

You are right they are doing absolutely nothing to bring jarbie back. With the way things are and the promo also without any jarbie scene but Eva and Barbie I don't know how they will do that.. I lost hope regarding this. Instead I see them building Eva and Barbie... I don't want that
Old 07-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Loyal Fan

But still why would Rachelle say something if nothing is going to happen.

I mean, I'm extremely disappointed in what's happened recently but we can't totally disregard her words.

Also when Christine said she was going to become Eva and Barbie's child, that was creepy, disgusting and just NO! No reincarnating aliens!