Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I am ignoring them from now on but if they come in my askbox, all bets are off!

Here is something I found on tumblr. It is funny as heck. The lines are from a Park and Rec episode using OUAT characters. Regina is giving everyone code names:

https://grace52373.tumblr.com/post/1...ove-it-putting
Old 04-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

I think this idea that murderers and rapists can be forgiven and welcomed into the family just by showing even a little bit of regret while Rumple can never, ever, ever in a million years be forgiven even though he actually has the excuse of a DARK CURSE, lol, is absurd. But I would bet money that a lot of the general audience finds this as ridiculous as I do. I was talking to an offliner just a few months ago who was like, why is it that Rumple is treated like he's just the worst thing ever but everyone else just gets forgiven? I had no answer, lol.

I'm not saying the others shouldn't be forgiven or can't be. Just that I don't understand why this doesn't apply to Rumple, who I personally think has done far less. Where they get that he's the darkest of the dark ones and so evil is beyond me. You mean the man that loves his wife and children so much he would do anything for them? The man who melts every time his wife even looks at him? Really?

And now Gideon is being treated the same way. Emma says he can't be saved. Based on what? Everyone else, including mass murderers can be saved. But Gideon can't. I'm really not that upset that the show seems to be coming to an end because this is just nonsense. I have to wonder if the writers actually think about these things or watch the episodes before they air.

Last edited by Belleislove; 04-11-2017 at 12:53 PM
Old 04-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Loyal Fan

IMO you can tell that there was a huge shift between how they wrote Rumple, how the other characters interacted with and how the writers and other actors spoke about Rumple in interviews between Season1-3 and Season 4-6. He went from grey trickster character to the worst evil ever. I think a big reason was to make the writers favorites look better and Eddy being petty.

They confirmed they do no longer care about Rumple by making Zelena a regular and making her part of the group/family.

A&E are just bad showrunners, really. Snow goes from 'I hope I never forget that even the darkest Heart can be saved by love' in 6.14 and then acts the way she did in 6.16?
Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I blame the writers, not the characters, if that makes sense.

They aren't even trying anymore.

Snow is my second favorite female on the show and I just couldn't with her the other night. Very disappointing. But I'll chalk it up to the stress she's been under.

Spoiler:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
And now Gideon is being treated the same way. Emma says he can't be saved. Based on what? Everyone else, including mass murderers can be saved. But Gideon can't. I'm really not that upset that the show seems to be coming to an end because this is just nonsense. I have to wonder if the writers actually think about these things or watch the episodes before they air.
Gideon is being treated the way he is because he's Rumple's son. "The Dark One junior", as Emma called him. Similarly, Belle isn't getting any sympathy from the so-called heroes because she has the audacity to be on the side of the DO & DO junior, her family. I bet that if Belle ditched them both now, the "heroes" would suddenly be a lot nicer to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
I was very disappointed in both Emma and Snow. The "bonding" comment was really cruel and unlike Snow.

I do understand that Gideon is attacking Emma and trying to kill her with no provocation and she doesn't deserve that, and of course this is Snow's child. But don't even joke about killing or destroying someone else's child, in front of them or not. It really hit a lot of people the wrong way, imo.

I miss Season 1 Emma. And it's not that I have anything against her and Hook. I don't. I like them both. But the double standards are really pretty apparent and I don't care for that. I hope that Emma comes to see that Gideon needs help and so do the children in the Dark Realm. I understand that the man she loves is her first priority and her family of course. But I think the writing in this story is pretty awkward as far as Emma is concerned. I really hope it gets better. Maybe if she finds out the Black Fairy has his heart it will change her opinion of him? I just want Rumbelle and their son to ride off into the sunset together.
In S2, Snow was so upset about killing Cora (who was going to kill everyone!) that she was going to let Regina kill her. Her being suddenly okay with threatening to kill a guy she barely knows in front of his parents, and even joking about it, is simply OOC. I personally can't excuse it with "she's under stress". It's just bad writing.

And you can tell that Emma's savior days are coming to and end. She really doesn't deserve that title anymore.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace52373
Here is something I found on tumblr. It is funny as heck. The lines are from a Park and Rec episode using OUAT characters. Regina is giving everyone code names:

https://grace52373.tumblr.com/post/1...ove-it-putting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV_Fanatic90
Hi, can I be added please?
Hi and welcome! crazy_diamond will add you when she pops up again.

icon by me
Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

icon by me
Old 04-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
He was Her Handsome Hero
Awwwww, he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:

Oh I hope so, so much!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Wonderful scene at the end of the latest eppy, the hand hold , now get back together please!

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV_Fanatic90 (View Post)
Hi, can I be added please?
welcome and you are now added
Old 04-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
Oh I hope so, so much!
Spoiler:

icon by me
Old 04-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Spoiler:

Short scene last night, but oh it gave me feels
Old 04-17-2017, 06:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:

OH PLEASE let this happen!!!!!!!!! This would be perfection!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond
You know I keep having this imagine in my mind of Rumbelle taking over the Dark Realm and freeing all the children and trying to get them back to their real parents and if not adopting them in a way and turning the Dark Realm into the Light Realm
The perfect HEA, the heart of Rumple has always been family. He needs a large family to keep him busy and out of trouble
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

I think in a weird sort of way the Black Fairy is going to make Rumple choose between her and Belle, which is really sick and twisted. I wonder if at one point it looks like Rumple chooses his mother?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Belleislove; 04-17-2017 at 09:05 AM
Old 04-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think in a weird sort of way the Black Fairy is going to make Rumple choose between her and Belle, which is really sick and twisted. I wonder if at one point it looks like Rumple chooses his mother?
I don't think this will happen since I think the BF is too smart to ever believe he would pick her over his family and Rumple knows she wouldn't buy it either. She's shown how powerful she is by poofing his dagger into her hands from wherever he had hidden it and then giving it back to him; she's not scared of his power at all. The only way he would help her would be if she took his heart like Gideon's or she's threatening Belle/Gideon and he has to or they will die. I'm hoping they don't have him help her at all, its time for the Final Battle and I want to see him finally choose love over power, but I do wonder if the predictable thing is that he will appear to choose evil and then show he is really on his family's side at the last second...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by IrishWristWatch; 04-17-2017 at 11:58 AM
Old 04-17-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread