Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2016, 04:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
That first one was my question!!!!
Cool!

Quote:
I think it’s likely (which I hoped wouldn’t be the case) that they are going to be apart for awhile. I feel like Rumbelle will probably decide that they can’t be together and that they will just concentrate on their unborn child and how they want to raise him. I mean, that could make for amazing material, and Bobby/Em will kill it, but it’s NOT exactly hopeful. I REALLY don’t want most of S6 to be this depressing.
I know, I’m trying to brace myself. But it does fit their pattern of mostly being apart:

S1: Rumple believes Belle is dead and she is imprisoned without memories for 28 years. They are reunited at the end

S2: Belle loses her memories, then becomes Lacey until the end

S3: Belle and Rumple are a couple again, yet are separated by different lands. In 3B they are separated by Rumple’s enslavement to Zelena yet in the end Rumple is freed and proposes to/marries Belle

S4: very short honeymoon as Rumple is off a lot by himself becoming darker and darker until he is banished from Sbrooke; he returns in 4B unreconciled with Belle and “dies” in her arms

S5: Belle wants Rumple to live and still loves him but can’t trust him, she leaves town to figure things out and Rumple becomes the DO again; she returns but Rumple is blackmailed to go to the Uworld; in 5B Belle is under a sleeping curse to protect their unborn child

I keep hoping they will work out their problems and start really being a married couple but now I think its not going to happen until the series end. OUAT please prove me wrong!!!! Its past time for them to be together as far as I’m concerned!
Old 08-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
Cool!

I know, I’m trying to brace myself. But it does fit their pattern of mostly being apart:

S1: Rumple believes Belle is dead and she is imprisoned without memories for 28 years. They are reunited at the end

S2: Belle loses her memories, then becomes Lacey until the end

S3: Belle and Rumple are a couple again, yet are separated by different lands. In 3B they are separated by Rumple’s enslavement to Zelena yet in the end Rumple is freed and proposes to/marries Belle

S4: very short honeymoon as Rumple is off a lot by himself becoming darker and darker until he is banished from Sbrooke; he returns in 4B unreconciled with Belle and “dies” in her arms

S5: Belle wants Rumple to live and still loves him but can’t trust him, she leaves town to figure things out and Rumple becomes the DO again; she returns but Rumple is blackmailed to go to the Uworld; in 5B Belle is under a sleeping curse to protect their unborn child

I keep hoping they will work out their problems and start really being a married couple but now I think its not going to happen until the series end. OUAT please prove me wrong!!!! Its past time for them to be together as far as I’m concerned!
I think a huge reason why they are always apart is that Belle's presence changed things for Rumple - changed his arc (she wasn't supposed to be around at all). Throughout S2, Rumple was changing - in other words, his redemption arc was proceeding more rapidly than Adam and Eddy had anticipated.

I think there's a good chance we're getting a S7, so assuming we are for the moment, I just don't honestly think Rumbelle will be separated that long. Maybe they will be separated for 7, 8, 10 episodes - perhaps longer, but on the other hand I certainly think they will be together before the birth of their child.

I’m already tearing up thinking about Rumbelle reminiscing about their love and what might have been......because I think that’s what’s going to happen, that they’re going to come to the conclusion that their relationship can’t work and that their focus must be on their child.

Although I’m excited, hopeful and positive about S6 and Rumbelle’s arc, I just can’t help the tears; lol, I’m already angsting over angst that hasn’t happened.

This will ultimately be a wonderful and rewarding storyline, though, and I’m truly looking forward to it. Bobby and Em deserve this kind of material - just give them real screen time together.

If it plays out like I think, I wonder what will trigger Rumbelle to decide that they ought to give themselves another shot…..? I don't want it to be the baby; that's a lousy reason for parents to be together......... I want them to decide they just can’t NOT be together....and maybe it won’t be just one thing, maybe it will be a gradual realization that they love each other too much to give up on each other
Old 08-31-2016, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't see how you can reminisce while sleeping and dreaming; I think Adam was referring to Rumbelle having conversations about their relationship........and like he said, what it will mean when their baby is born.
That's possible, but I honestly think you're taking the word "reminisce" too literally. You can dream about things that happened in your past, which is pretty likely what Belle does in the premiere (and Rumple is probably able to communicate with her). Isn't that kind of "reminiscing"? Also, I think anything is possible when the GOD of dreams is involved..

icon by me
Old 09-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
That's possible, but I honestly think you're taking the word "reminisce" too literally. You can dream about things that happened in your past, which is pretty likely what Belle does in the premiere (and Rumple is probably able to communicate with her). Isn't that kind of "reminiscing"? Also, I think anything is possible when the GOD of dreams is involved..
I don't think I'm taking it too literally, I think you're not taking it literally enough. Adam's statement was pretty clear - they're going to reminisce (presumably about their relationship) and discuss what the birth of their baby means. Why would you assume this is all happening in one episode, in their dreams? Yes of course you can dream about your past, but Adam said "reminisce" and I don't see any reason to doubt that he used the right word. We have no idea if Rumple and Belle communicated through her dreams - that's a big assumption (and even if they did, no - I don't consider that "reminiscing"). It seemed to me that Adam was talking about their storyline, that Rumbelle would be apart for awhile and, while they were, they would.......well, reminisce about their relationship and discuss what it will mean when the baby is born. It just seems pretty straightforward to me.

I just see Rumbelle as being apart for longer than I thought, perhaps most of S6, and that this reminiscing and discussion about the baby are part of their arc.

No problems - we can agree to disagree and see how it plays out.

I don’t want Rumbelle to get back together just because of the baby.......

please, no, that would be the WORST reason……… I would rather see them stay apart than for them to decide to make a go of it to try and give their baby a real home. It’s hugely important that, if Rumbelle reunite, that they do so strictly because they love each other and can’t NOT be together…… I would hope by the time months have passed that they’d have been able to work their issues out….,

Last edited by Betsybelle; 09-01-2016 at 12:15 AM
Old 09-01-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
More "spoilers"..

x
Thanks for the latest Seamstress

Well we all knew the ride will be bumpy, this is Rumbelle we are talking about , regarding the reminiscing, I think that might be to do with Belle's dreams, but I am also hoping that it's Belle and Rumple themselves talking about their time together so far .. and also that could be joined in discussing the future too...

Glad about the haircut, I'm stil saying split in two, but I could be completely wrong

Quote:
I think Raven is right that when Adam/Eddy answer stuff like this, they aren’t typically long term

It's interesting how Eddy is ALWAYS the one who's downbeat and Adam more hopeful
Yeah I was thinking the same about not typically long term, Adam should just do interviews

Every tit bit of info we get now, I just think I want it on my screen now
Old 09-01-2016, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Thanks for the latest Seamstress

Well we all knew the ride will be bumpy, this is Rumbelle we are talking about , regarding the reminiscing, I think that might be to do with Belle's dreams, but I am also hoping that it's Belle and Rumple themselves talking about their time together so far .. and also that could be joined in discussing the future too...

Glad about the haircut, I'm stil saying split in two, but I could be completely wrong

Yeah I was thinking the same about not typically long term, Adam should just do interviews

Every tit bit of info we get now, I just think I want it on my screen now
I posted this on Tumblr just now (some of it's a repeat):

It’s pretty obvious that they will be apart longer than I thought - maybe much of S6 - and that the reminiscing is by two people who miss what they had once, two people perhaps who might be convinced that they aren’t TL anymore. Even if this part isn’t true, Adam said they’d be discussing what the birth of the baby means - that seems to me to be part of their on-going story as opposed to a one-off conversation in Belle’s dream (which wouldn’t mean much, if anything).

I’m torn. On the one hand, the story will be emotional and powerful, and Bobby/Em will be even more brilliant than usual. On the other hand, the idea that they will be apart for a long time - again - just kills me, and I keep tearing up when I think of them apart. I do wonder also how much screen time they will have together if this is the case…

I’m excited overall, but I DO wish my question had been answered with slightly more emphasis on the positive…..

To be fair, this is much the same thing as we got at Comic Con - Eddy saying that they’d have chaos to sort through for awhile. For all we know, it could be as I thought - Rumbelle apart for maybe half of S6 - as opposed to most of the season. I hope so.

I think the interview suggested that we would get those moments, but not for awhile……I suppose as the birth approaches. If Eddy could have said “YES, but it will be a bumpy ride”, that might have eased some fans’ fears. I’m SURE we’ll get them, for many reasons, but at least ONCE in an interview it might have been nice to have heard that.

My theories are almost always wrong, lol, so probably the above is also wrong. As of 6x05, Rumple is wearing his wedding ring - so that's something.

Anyway, clearly Rumbelle will be working through their issues since otherwise how else will they reunite? I'm still firmly of the belief that they will be stronger and better after this
Old 09-01-2016, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Cool!

Same. As you said, it is a pattern of them being separated/reunited with a last minute solution (that is usually ) just to be separated again. So, yeah, I'm not holding my breath for any fluff or even 2A kind of fluff for them.

PS: It was confirmed that yesterday's shooting (and Rumple in a wig)were seshoots

RoseBennett
Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I'm trying very hard to maintain my excitement about Rumbelle, and overall I believe it will be a great arc, but everything is so darn depressing that it's hard.... I REALLY don't want 20 episodes of separated Rumbelle - no matter how beautiful their arc might and will be. I don't want 15 episodes of no Rumbelle - as much as I love and want this baby, I would rather have no baby than if all we get is the birth. It sucks that Adam and Eddy have dented some/much of the excitement and happiness I've felt all along. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I don't want any more spoilers...
Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm trying very hard to maintain my excitement about Rumbelle, and overall I believe it will be a great arc, but everything is so darn depressing that it's hard.... I REALLY don't want 20 episodes of separated Rumbelle - no matter how beautiful their arc might and will be. I don't want 15 episodes of no Rumbelle - as much as I love and want this baby, I would rather have no baby than if all we get is the birth. It sucks that Adam and Eddy have dented some/much of the excitement and happiness I've felt all along. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I don't want any more spoilers...
Aww, hang in there! I was just about to post something very similar to this!

For a show that is supposed to be about hope, I feel they are really dropping the ball here. Yes, I know many viewers don't want spoilers and I understand and respect that, but there are ways to share spoilers (both specific and very general) without disrespecting those who don't want any (ex. warning in an article/interview that a spoiler is about to be revealed and for people who don't want this to skip that part). I personally think it would be thoughtful for them to do that, plus it would keep people from giving up on the show.

For example, I do think they are going to reveal that Robin got rescued after all (perhaps somehow by a reformed Arthur, new King of the Uworld) and sent to the HEA place, where he awaits his TL Regina someday. And I wish they would hint to fans to hang in there, because his death was very disturbing to many viewers and seemingly OOC for this show. I've heard that some aren't watching the show any more because of how he was written out and I can't blame them. This is a family show and I do wish they would be more thoughtful of their fans. If this was their summer horror show (I forget the name, something about a camp in the 80s?), then I would expect not to get too attached to any characters, but this is a different kind of show. Anyway, just my $0.02 there.

We'll just have to take turns cheering each other up you guys are fun to chat with!

Last edited by IrishWristWatch; 09-01-2016 at 12:07 PM
Old 09-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

I'm afraid that S6 is going to be even more painful than S4 because there's a baby involved. Yeah, Rumple and Belle are being honest with each other, but sometimes honesty may just open a new can of worms instead of making things better, and it looks like that's what the show's doing with Rumbelle..

That said, I think A&E were only talking about the stuff that's already been filmed in that interview. I mean, they probably don't even have scripts finished beyond episode 7 or 8 yet, so it would be pretty difficult for the writers to talk about stuff that happens after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch
We'll just have to take turns cheering each other up you guys are fun to chat with!
Yeah, I guess that's the way to go.. And indeed!

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 09-01-2016 at 12:44 PM
Old 09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and

I knew it would be probably be a bit of rough seas with everything that has gone..I just hope that we get a few bits of fluff along the way. Give us reminiscing fluff!!

Quote:

For a show that is supposed to be about hope, I feel they are really dropping the ball here.
Agreed , they really don't know how to do interviews do they, well Eddy doesn't , a little bit of hope in the interviews isn't too much to ask for considering what they have been though.

Rumbelle have started a new chapter, give us them continuing to be truthful and some fluff please

ps I'm still excited
Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
and

I knew it would be probably be a bit of rough seas with everything that has gone..I just hope that we get a few bits of fluff along the way. Give us reminiscing fluff!!

Agreed , they really don't know how to do interviews do they, well Eddy doesn't , a little bit of hope in the interviews isn't too much to ask for considering what they have been though.

Rumbelle have started a new chapter, give us them continuing to be truthful and some fluff please

ps I'm still excited
Betsy just because a few of us are cautious in hoping and others downright negative doesn't mean you have to feel the same. If you and anyone else is positive about the season, go ahead and continue to be so. I made a post today telling my fellow Rumbelle followers on my blog that if your excited, confused, or negative about season 6, than my blog was a safe spot and as long as they tag, post away. I don't want to bring people down with my confusion so if I make a post like that, I'll tag it and I haven't commented on here because I don't want to bring anyone down.

I think we need to stick together and not let anything negative about our couple tear us apart because we need each other to talk it out if things get bad and to celebrate the good things and despite my reluctance and confusion about season 6, I do believe there are going to be good things going on.

Also, remember that all the interviews have said, there is going to be chaos for a bit, for a time which are phrases that are basically saying it won't be forever or long until Rumbelle get back on track. have faith even when some of us falter!
Old 09-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

ITA Grace! I do believe the second half of the season will be better for Rumbelle.. The question is, how will I get through the first half?

icon by me
Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
and

ps I'm still excited
CD, I'm still excited too, I really am, but I just had one of those days, you know? I'm extremely ok with rough seas because Rumbelle have a lot to deal with - and like I said, when they do, they will be stronger and better than ever. I DO honestly think we'll get beautiful pregnancy stuff - I believe Adam and Eddy are excited about this storyline and really wanted to write the pregnancy. If it was just one of those "well, we don't know what to do with them, so we'll give them a baby, who cares", it would be obvious, but their storyline is not just about having a child - it's mostly about them dealing with their own issues, as a couple and as individuals

Adam knows how to be honest without being downright depressing. The funny thing is, Eddy loves them - he's spoken about Rumbelle's deep love and has picked several Rumbelle moments as favorites. He just, for some reason, likes to make things sound SO ominous even when he knows that things won't be THAT bad

Grace, no one got me down - I did that on my own, lol. I'm a natural pessimist, so I guess this was bound to happen. I think I'm coming out of my funk, though, so I'm proud of myself - it only lasted like a day this time!

I’m psyched that we’re going to get scenes of Rumbelle discussing “what it’s going to mean when their child is born”.

those scenes will be extraordinarily emotional and powerful. There’s so much to this statement; the birth of the baby will mean, of course, a change in their lifestyles (they will not be like Snowing, leaving their baby with- I assume- a nanny as they go off being heroes - or herocrites), but it will also be a moment they’ve waited for for so long. This child is proof of their profoundly deep love for each other, something which perhaps they might need a reminder of……….even perhaps of the circumstances in which he or she was conceived (when Rumple gave Belle the keys to seeing the world and all she wanted was him)………

Bobby and Em are always magnificent together, but I believe they will be better than they’ve ever been and will rip our hearts out……..He’s a wonderful, adoring father and she’s a new mother, and I can’t help but believe that these things will only magnify the significance of these scenes to them…..

Last edited by Betsybelle; 09-01-2016 at 11:41 PM
Old 09-02-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

to all

I hardly take any notice of any interviews apart from Emilie's and Bobby, so I don't concentrate on what people say, I've sort of got tunnel vision when it comes to that.

I just concentrate on what is coming up and that's it, I sort of don't get side tracked which what other people say (apart from Emilie and Bobby)

Closed Thread   Post New Thread