Old 09-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the trailer

And your art is simply amazing That said, I hate war movies
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverduck2day (View Post)
I know they have Downton Abbey on netflix, but I also think maybe amazon? I definitely recommend watching it, it's absolutely brilliant! It's been a massive success here in the UK and in other countries and even fans who don't usually like period dramas love Downton Abbey.

I really hope you find a way to watch it, it's so super duper awesome cool (and my all time favourite period drama, and I've watched and loved a lot!)

Hello, I saw the first season of Downton Abbey on PBS in the U.S. a few months ago. I loved it. Although, I do like period drama, but I do understand how those who don't usually like period pieces like Downton Abbey.

Mary and Matthew have a really fascinating, albeit , rocky relationship. Still, conflict is integral to ficiton -- and drama. They are just so, so . . .

My name's Cheryl.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They have a thread~~~

Please add me!1
Old 09-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Add me please!

Can't wait for the show to come back.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

I love how many new people are joining this thread
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome like vines, Rinslet and malaguetta! I've added you to the shipper list. It's great how quickly we're growing lately. I wonder if it's all the excitement of series 2 coming soon. Less than 2 weeks away now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Thanks for the trailer

And your art is simply amazing That said, I hate war movies
Ahhh, thanks, glad you like my graphics. Wish I was more artistic though, then I could do all fancy effects. I'm not too much of a fan of war movies, but series 2 is mainly set at the Abbey still, with just a few scenes from the war I think.

Quote:
Although, I do like period drama, but I do understand how those who don't usually like period pieces like Downton Abbey.

Mary and Matthew have a really fascinating, albeit , rocky relationship. Still, conflict is integral to ficiton -- and drama. They are just so, so . . .
Completely yeah. I know a lot of people who love DA, but don't really like period dramas.

And Mary and Matthew really are incredible! I think we're in for a very angsty and emotional rollercoaster ride with them series 2 though.
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinslet (View Post)
They have a thread~~~

Please add me!1
I thought you already knew with this avatar

Welcome everyone

I absolutely love period dramas as well (I often think that men were sooo classy back then), but I would also get why people would like this one without liking others

EDIT: Yeah, Silver, I'm glad that most of the story will still be in the Abbey. But the thing I hate the most about war movies is how the hero or his very close friend always has to die leaving his loved one alone. It's like, it always happens
And you're graphic deserved it, really well done hun!!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by like vines (View Post)
Add me please!

Can't wait for the show to come back.
I love your icon! Did you make it? XD Did you make more that you share?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Forgive me, but I'm finding myself getting rather carried away with all these new trailers etc for Mary and Matthew. So errrr, here's yet another graphic!

Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).

Last edited by silverduck2day; 09-06-2011 at 03:42 PM
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Beautiful graphics.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Just watched all the episodes on Netflix, and I so fell in love with these two, along with Anna and Bates, and wish January would get here already.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine Woolysocks (View Post)
Just watched all the episodes on Netflix, and I so fell in love with these two, along with Anna and Bates, and wish January would get here already.
Anna/Bates are my second real love of the show! They are so beautiful and heartbreaking as well, but not for the same reasons Welcome

Love the art Silver I'm glad that you're being inspired cause I love the lines in this one!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine Woolysocks (View Post)
Welcome Clementine Woolysocks. I'm glad you loved Downton Abbey and Mary and Matthew. I've added you to our shipper list.

I'm not such a fan of Bates/Anna - I think it's the age gap and the fact that Bates was rather getting on my nerves at the end of series 1. I much prefer Sybil/Branson and William/Daisy. I'm interested to see what happens with them though, especially poor Anna.

I think both Mary/Matthew and Anna/Bates will be in for a very unpleasant ride in series 2. Less than 2 weeks for those of us in the UK.

Oh and I'm glad that people like my graphics. That quote is actually a line Robert says in the ITV trailer for series 2. I thought it quite appropriate for Mary and Matthew.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Add me too please! These two. AH MY HEART. I can't wait for the series to return.

Hannah!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :waves:

Quote:
think both Mary/Matthew and Anna/Bates will be in for a very unpleasant ride in series 2. Less than 2 weeks for those of us in the UK.
Oh so it starts soon in the UK....Well forget January. I'm not waiting.

I can't stop rewatching the trailer for series 2. It's become an hourly ritual.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread