Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I definitely think Matthew NEEDS a simple relationship with a nice loving fiancee waiting for him back at home.
I agree. It's probably what he needs right now - hence also, the rushing when they don't know each other very well.

But yes, when the war is over he'll need to realise that he's not over Mary.

Quote:
I think the Pamuk thing might all come out what with Vera holding it over Bates' head. It's definitely going to continue to influence Mary, I think.
I was actually thinking Carlisle will hold it over Mary. But your guess is just as good and likely.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it Sunday yet? I cannot get enough of this show.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

about pamuk -- did he actually deflower mary or..?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Addicted Fan

I know how you feel. One hour a week is not enough!

Quote:
I was actually thinking Carlisle will hold it over Mary. But your guess is just as good and likely.
Would she tell him? If she did, I could definitely see that happening as well...

Quote:
about pamuk -- did he actually deflower mary or..?
They never say for certain, but I think they did sleep together. Mary refers to him as her "lover" a couple of different times. The show leaves it pretty open-ended.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Absolute Fan

I think she was deflowered. I dont remember ever doubting it when i watched
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Addicted Fan

For some reason when I first watched episode 3, I thought he'd died before they'd gone through with it or something. After she talked about "taking a lover" in episode 4 I realized they probably had. Plus, I don't see why she'd want to tell Matthew she almost slept with Pamuk.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsticklullabies (View Post)
For some reason when I first watched episode 3, I thought he'd died before they'd gone through with it or something. After she talked about "taking a lover" in episode 4 I realized they probably had. Plus, I don't see why she'd want to tell Matthew she almost slept with Pamuk.
I always thought she hadn't quite gone that far with Pamuk, but the damage to her reputation was done with him just being in her room. I take what Pamuk says about her remaining a virgin for her husband literally - I don't think he'd want to risk pregnancy and there is never fear from Mary about that. Plus, I take her using the word lover quite loosely - the word can be implied in a number of different ways, eg sometimes two people who are simply engaged can be called "lovers".

Anyway, I think Carlisle will find out some way (I'm thinking Vera) and that he'll try and use this to force Mary's hand, only she'll still refuse him so the scandal will break.

I wanna know what Lavinia's scandal is!!

Oh and we've nearly ran out of posts on this thread. I think this is the stage we all think of future titles ready for another post... ??
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Addicted Fan

^I agree. I don't think they got that far - but I don't think it was meant too either. There are other sexual activities beyond actual intercourse, and I think that's what happened. Don't think she was deflowered because Pamuk assured her it wouldn't happen. I also take Mary's use of "lover" quite loosely applied. For someone so inexperienced, it probably did feel like "taking a lover".

I don't think Vera or Mary need to tell Carlisle anything. Edith already spread the news. The entire London knows about it and Carlisle's in the news business. I think he's aware of most of it but he won't use it until Mary decides to reject him. That's my theory.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
^I agree. I don't think they got that far - but I don't think it was meant too either. There are other sexual activities beyond actual intercourse, and I think that's what happened. Don't think she was deflowered because Pamuk assured her it wouldn't happen. I also take Mary's use of "lover" quite loosely applied. For someone so inexperienced, it probably did feel like "taking a lover".

I don't think Vera or Mary need to tell Carlisle anything. Edith already spread the news. The entire London knows about it and Carlisle's in the news business. I think he's aware of most of it but he won't use it until Mary decides to reject him. That's my theory.

I agree, though I think at this stage, the London gossip is just gossip. Rosamund doesn't know yet, so I don't think it's too widespread. It wouldn't be difficult for a man like Carlisle to dig it all up though.

I'm wondering what Lavinia's scandal is and how it compares to Mary's...

Oh and any thoughts on a new thread title? Maybe "because their faces speak volumes" or something less cliche!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I just started DA and I'm in love with these two why are they always breaking my heart?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome! I know exactly how you feel. They seem determined to stomp on my heart every episode and yet I can't get enough of them.

Yeah, I could see it having gone the other way too especially with the lack of pregnancy worries, but... We may never know exactly what happened anyways.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Welcome to the thread poehler-bear I've added you to our list of shippers!

I think a thread is only allowed up to 300 posts, and we're now at 296. I've therefore set up a second thread for us:

Mary and Matthew Thread 2

This thread will be closing soon, so please post on the new thread now.

It's so fantastic that we're now on our second thread! It's series 2 and their epic faces that have done it!

Oh and if anyone has suggestions on the first post, please let me know!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Please add me I love these two
Old 10-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
Please add me I love these two
We're posting here Guin ! Pop over

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/mary-cra...-say-63020886/
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Closed Thread   Post New Thread