Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Papergirl and Let The Ball Drop

Thanks Silverduck2day They are by far my fav couple as well. Nothing really matters except them (and some things for other characters who deserve the best, even Edith deserves the best with Anthony! Mary wasn't really kind to her before that )

Anyway, I don't know if this has been posted already but it's time for sexy, sexy

credit

This scene His look makes me everytime, I think I would have fainted if I was next to him like that, I don't know how Mary does
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Ooooh M&M on FF. Sign me up. Feeling a little overstretched from frequenting so many places re: M&M/Downton Abbey (haven't been this fannish in years), but I will find a way to gush here as well even if it kills me. Must bask in the love. So thx for creating the thread, sd!

-- scherra aka clairiere on tumblr/LJ

::waves to Jess/LHScott if she's still around::
Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome to the Scherra. I'm silverducks from LJ and tumblr, so I recognise you!

Great that there's so many places we can gush about Mary/Matthew. When I first finished watching DA last December, the only place I could find was IMDB and it can get pretty scary over there!

Quote:
This scene His look makes me everytime, I think I would have fainted if I was next to him like that, I don't know how Mary does
I love that scene too - his eyes are like WOW!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added to the list?

I can't get enough of these two. I discovered the show a month or so ago and I've already rewatched it more times than I can remember and it's mostly because of them. Every scene, every touch, every look. Guh... they slay me.

I'm so happy the new season is around the corner... I can't wait much longer. I need to see what happens to Mary and Matthew... okay so I've read spoilers but I still want to see it.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Scherra, I don't have tumblr but I simply LOVE the arts over there, I always try to post them over here so more people see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverduck2day (View Post)
I love that scene too - his eyes are like WOW!
IKR? I can't stop starring at his eyes there So seductive!! Well most of the time I can't stop starring at his eyes Mary is so lucky to have him, it seems like she knows it there, but then in episode 7 she ruins everything And then HE ruins his own happiness because he's not sure she loves him, but she does, I know she does

They need to get back together!!!!!!

Welcome Burning Up a Sun I wish I could rewatch their scenes again, and again, and again but they're not on youtube. I love the show but I'm not sure I want to rewatch O'Brien or Ms Patmore, they're so irritating I just want to rewatch M&M's scene!
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Welcome Burning Up A Sun. I've added you and all our new people! We've had so many new faces these last few days, it's great!

I think Mary and Matthew are my favourite fictional couple ever. They just have soooo much between them! I loev rewatching all their scenes too. Luckily I got the DVDs for Christmas, so I can rewatch them whenever I want. I tend to skip the downstairs bits though. They're less interesting to watch again for me.

Actually, if you want to watch the Mary/Matthew scenes again, there's loads of cool fanvideos for them - I've even made a few myself.
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

Quote:
Great that there's so many places we can gush about Mary/Matthew. When I first finished watching DA last December, the only place I could find was IMDB and it can get pretty scary over there!
It's not so much scary as obnoxious, imo. Can't remember the last time I've frequented a board with quite a few self-important posters. Which is a shame as there are sane people over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I don't have tumblr but I simply LOVE the arts over there, I always try to post them over here so more people see them
I shall endeavor to bring them over as well. My laptop's overflowing with DA stuff, but it's also getting quite disorganized and it'll be a good excuse to sort out everything.

One of the latest efforts (credit: fyd):

Quote:
MARY CRAWLEY: Thank you for coming to Sybil’s rescue. You were very brave. She told me you knocked a man down.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: I hope I did my duty.
MARY CRAWLEY: Are you a creature of duty?
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: Not entirely.
MARY CRAWLEY: When you laugh with me, or flirt with me, is that a duty? Are you conforming to the fitness of things? Doing what’s expected?
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: Don’t play with me. I don’t deserve it. Not from you.
MARY CRAWLEY: You must be careful not to break Sybil’s heart. I think she has a crush on you.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: That’s something no one could accuse you of.
MARY CRAWLEY: Oh, I don’t know.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: I assume you speak in a spirit of mockery.
MARY CRAWLEY: You should have more faith.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: Shall I remind you of some of the choicest remarks you made about me when I arrived here? Because they live in my memory as fresh as the day they were spoken.
MARY CRAWLEY: Oh, Matthew. What am I always telling you? You must pay no attention to the things I say.

And this is one of those blink-it-miss-it moments, but I just love it (then again, I'm pretty much starved for anything M&M):

(credit: fyd)

Last edited by scherra; 08-30-2011 at 02:27 PM
Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Those moments are amazing

The kiss was just incredible. They have amazing chemistry!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
Those moments are amazing

The kiss was just incredible. They have amazing chemistry!
Completely, which is why I think I love them so much. You can almost feel it in scenes like the kiss and the handshake, so palpable.

Any of you seen The Turn of the Screw? That has Michelle Dockery (Mary) and Dan Stevens (Matthew) in too. It was on UK TV a good few years ago now, but I think it's on YouTube. Anyway, they have awesome chemistry in that too and I've always wondered if the casting people saw that and that is how they decided to give Michelle and Dan the roles. Apparently, they were the very first ones they auditioned.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Completely, which is why I think I love them so much. You can almost feel it in scenes like the kiss and the handshake, so palpable.

Any of you seen The Turn of the Screw? That has Michelle Dockery (Mary) and Dan Stevens (Matthew) in too. It was on UK TV a good few years ago now, but I think it's on YouTube. Anyway, they have awesome chemistry in that too and I've always wondered if the casting people saw that and that is how they decided to give Michelle and Dan the roles. Apparently, they were the very first ones they auditioned.
I must have missed that when it first aired. Had no idea they'd starred together before!! I'll have to check that out, because they are amazing together.
I didn't know they'd been the first ones to audition I suppose it shows just how amazing they were in their roles. I'm so glad they got it - I couldn't imagine anyone other than Dan and Michelle playing the characters!

Last edited by hlgreenie; 08-30-2011 at 05:24 PM
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't seen ToS yet but everything I've heard about it from M&M fans has piqued my curiosity, all concurring it's like a screen chemistry test between the two. Will definitely give it a try when DA S2 is out of the way.

Hope I'm not spoiling too much but since the topic came up, Turn of the Screw screencaps (credit: escapethenest):

If you want a teaser, Michelle Dockery's showreel on her agency's website has a brief scene with Dan Stevens towards the end.

I think it's rather ironic that with all their stage credentials and connections (eg. both proteges of Sir Peter Hall) and their obvious love for the theater, it's actually on the small screen they crossed paths. Not that I'm complaining, since it gave them much more exposure and television/film is much better suited for the type of subtle interactions that have us swooning all over the place:

Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I wouldn't say it was a screen test, as the two productions were completely seperate. BUT I do think the casting people saw it and thought - those two are great together.

Which they are! Turn of the Screw is essentially a ghost story and it's a bit weird, but well worth a watch. I'm sure you can still watch it on YouTube.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Loyal Fan

No, of course it wasn't a genuine screen test, they were two different productions at different times, I know that, those who made the comment knew that. But it felt like a screen test in that it opened up the possibility of what they might be like in a different production and a romantic storyline.

Quote:
Turn of the Screw is essentially a ghost story and it's a bit weird, but well worth a watch. I'm sure you can still watch it on YouTube.
Oh if I went for it, nothing would stop me from watching, YT availability or not. But I have a one-track mind about these things, and don't like to have my DA obsession 'interfered' with other projects, not at the early stage anyway (only got around to watching the DVD in July so I'm a recent convert.) It'll have to wait until I lived through S2.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Ohh those screen caps definitely interested me. I love Turn of the Screw so don't need much convincing to watch it anyways - the fact it includes Dan and Michelle just makes it better! Added bonus
Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

I so want these two to end up together!! I am like 99% sure they will but there is always just that room for doubt lol

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread