Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

^ Welcome! I added you.

I think we need a more pleasant topic, Mary. s2/s5 just makes my head hurt.

This is one of my favorite songs for them, it fits their story so well. This video gave me all kinds of shipper feelings.

Nic | avi by crisbr
wistfuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Can I be added? I love Lucas and Peyton they are one of my all time fav couples, iwas obsessed with them for awhile. I still love them

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
ravengirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Lovely vid

Diana
dwoods87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Can you add me please? I have been a fan since the pilot first aired and fell in love with LP in the very first episode. They are to this day, my all time favorite couple.

Did anyone else literally laugh out loud when Lucas told Brooke in the season 2 finale that the reason he saved all of Peyton's stuff was to remind himself of how much he hurt Brooke? That was such a lie. He knew he had to twist it around because he was interested in Brooke at the time or else he would lose her. There is no way he saved it for that reason. He saved it because he could never let Peyton go. That was made more than obvious throughout the whole series.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Clean0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean0002 (View Post)
Can you add me please? I have been a fan since the pilot first aired and fell in love with LP in the very first episode. They are to this day, my all time favorite couple.

Did anyone else literally laugh out loud when Lucas told Brooke in the season 2 finale that the reason he saved all of Peyton's stuff was to remind himself of how much he hurt Brooke? That was such a lie. He knew he had to twist it around because he was interested in Brooke at the time or else he would lose her. There is no way he saved it for that reason. He saved it because he could never let Peyton go. That was made more than obvious throughout the whole series.
Welcome Sure you will be added soon

Lol that was hilariously ridiculous of him to say. For the whole season 1 Luke wanted to be with Peyton, he cared for her to the point where he would say he'd trade his dad for her mom's life, he let his relationship with Brooke to fall apart BECAUSE of his feelings for Peyton and when suddenly he decided he is interested in Brooke in season 2 (in a totally random manner, I still cannot figure out where did his interest come from) he would say he kept stuff related to Peyton to remind himself how he screwed up things with Brooke? Lmao. Yeah, we believe you, Luke. Except that no, we don't

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Welcome Sure you will be added soon

Lol that was hilariously ridiculous of him to say. For the whole season 1 Luke wanted to be with Peyton, he cared for her to the point where he would say he'd trade his dad for her mom's life, he let his relationship with Brooke to fall apart BECAUSE of his feelings for Peyton and when suddenly he decided he is interested in Brooke in season 2 (in a totally random manner, I still cannot figure out where did his interest come from) he would say he kept stuff related to Peyton to remind himself how he screwed up things with Brooke? Lmao. Yeah, we believe you, Luke. Except that no, we don't
Thanks.

I like the theory wistfuldreamer said in this thread about why he all of a sudden had feelings for Brooke in season 2. It was because Peyton rejected him so he went to Brooke. I would actually like to hear more about this theory and what made wistfuldreamer come to this conclusion.

Honestly, nothing makes sense otherwise. It was so out of the blue. Lucas made it clear he was only "hiding" with Brooke because Peyton hurt him and after that whole debacle, he and Brooke didn't interact much but we are suppose to believe he all of a sudden developed genuine feelings for her? I don't believe that. There is always a pattern with Lucas, every time Peyton hurts him, he runs the other direction and hides in another relationship with another girl. He did it with Brooke twice imo, and he did it again with Lindsay. Peyton was the only girl who could ever truly hurt him and I think it always hurt so much he had trouble dealing with it and was always afraid to try again with her because he didn't want his heart broken again. His solution to this problem was to settle with someone else where he knew he couldn't truly get hurt.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Clean0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Addicted Fan

can I be added to please?

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean0002 (View Post)
Thanks.

I like the theory wistfuldreamer said in this thread about why he all of a sudden had feelings for Brooke in season 2. It was because Peyton rejected him so he went to Brooke. I would actually like to hear more about this theory and what made wistfuldreamer come to this conclusion.

Honestly, nothing makes sense otherwise. It was so out of the blue. Lucas made it clear he was only "hiding" with Brooke because Peyton hurt him and after that whole debacle, he and Brooke didn't interact much but we are suppose to believe he all of a sudden developed genuine feelings for her? I don't believe that. There is always a pattern with Lucas, every time Peyton hurts him, he runs the other direction and hides in another relationship with another girl. He did it with Brooke twice imo, and he did it again with Lindsay. Peyton was the only girl who could ever truly hurt him and I think it always hurt so much he had trouble dealing with it and was always afraid to try again with her because he didn't want his heart broken again. His solution to this problem was to settle with someone else where he knew he couldn't truly get hurt.
This is the only way in which the whole thing actually makes sense. Because there is literally nothing else that can explain Lucas suddenly going for Brooke when he spent the whole season 1 being completely in love with Peyton and not sharing with Brooke anything else other than a short lived baseless relationship that he was happy to end. Peyton hurt him once when she pushed him away and he went for Brooke only because of that, which was made clear in season 1. My problem is how season 2 tried to sell BL as some sort of a golden couple no matter how ridiculous it was in context of their backstory.

Welcome here, ravengirl008

Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
This is the only way in which the whole thing actually makes sense. Because there is literally nothing else that can explain Lucas suddenly going for Brooke when he spent the whole season 1 being completely in love with Peyton and not sharing with Brooke anything else other than a short lived baseless relationship that he was happy to end. Peyton hurt him once when she pushed him away and he went for Brooke only because of that, which was made clear in season 1. My problem is how season 2 tried to sell BL as some sort of a golden couple no matter how ridiculous it was in context of their backstory.

Welcome here, ravengirl008
thank you

icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

^ Welcome ravengirl008 and Clean0002, I'm nic. I added you both to the list.

Quote:
Did anyone else literally laugh out loud when Lucas told Brooke in the season 2 finale that the reason he saved all of Peyton's stuff was to remind himself of how much he hurt Brooke? That was such a lie.
Yea that was a pretty lame excuse. But what else could he tell her? I really loved the symbolism of that box of stuff though. Just like that Peyton box, he buried the feelings he had for Peyton. I really wish that box had reemerged after s2, I would have liked to see LP discuss it.

Quote:
There is always a pattern with Lucas, every time Peyton hurts him, he runs the other direction and hides in another relationship with another girl. He did it with Brooke twice imo, and he did it again with Lindsay.
Yes. Exactly. They even said something similar to this in s5. I can't remember the exact words but it was something along those lines. Lucas even admitted that he hid with Brooke in s1 because Peyton hurt him. So, to me, it isn't a stretch to believe that Lucas did the same thing after Peyton pushed him away in favor of Jake in 210. My theories come from the fact that Mark said Peyton was the girl in question in 210. And the fact that Lucas only tried to get back together with Brooke in s4 because Peyton kept pushing the issue. And I believe in 412 Lucas also said he knew what Peyton said in 316 was true but he didn't want to hurt Brooke again so he ignored it. Basically. These things all fit together in my mind. Whether I verbalize it in a way that makes sense is a completely different story.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Everything Lucas did with Brooke was a direct response to Peyton hurting him or pushing him away. It is not an admirable thing of him to do, he showed his disrespect towards both girls by doing so, but lets face it: he was just a teenager. Teens tend to do unadmirable things. And unlike many of them, Lucas was actually a good person, he didn't do anything unacceptable or awful, he was just as messed up as Peyton or Brooke. He made mistakes.

Season 2 BL will never stopped being contrived but at least it made sense in terms of the fact that Lucas only wanted Brooke when he couldn't have Peyton. I'm not saying he did not have feelings for Brooke. He did, but those were not the same feelings he had for Peyton. He was attracted to Brooke and maybe even loved her in a way, but what he had for Peyton was everlasting, he could never move on from it and neither could she. Feeling too strong and complex for such young people to be able to handle and that is why they made a lot of mistakes before coming to terms with the fact that "it is always gonna be there".

Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

I tend to be forgiving toward Lucas in general so I see it the way you do. He was just a messed up kid with no real model for how a relationship should look. He tried his best to be a good guy but he made mistakes like all the other characters did. The fandom tends to shoot him in the foot for that but his mistakes make him human. He just tried to get over a girl he could never really get past, I think a lot of people go through that at some point in their life. He was a kid so I don't judge him harshly for the whole BLP fiasco. I don't believe he ever intended to hurt either of the girls, it just happened. Of course, s5 is a different story but I still don't look too hard at him like a lot of fans do.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. I never really hated Lucas for BLP triangle because if anything, Brooke and Peyton looked even less pretty when it came to it, but they were all young, all didn't know how to manage their feelings and it's not like it doesn't happen when you are a teenager. In fact, most teenagers behave way worse.

Season 5 is a separate talk. This season makes me strongly dislike the behaviour of my favourite characters on the show, Peyton, Lucas, Nathan and Haley, but I manage to get past it because LP redeemed themselves in S6 and Naley most defintely redeemed themselves in S7. I was prepaired for contrived and OOC stuff when it comes to OTH and well, in S5 I had to face the full force of it

Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Strangely S5 makes the most sense to me in comparison to the others. The flashbacks to how they broke up and the way he didn't start writing until she came back, and the way that he had a dream of proposing to Lindsey but Peyton popped up and addressed his fears that L would say no all made sense. It was a season driven by fear and wanting to do the right thing but not knowing what that exactly was. Peyton was scared when he proposed to her, but she covered up that fear by feeling like she wanted to make sure she didn't ruin his life by letting him move to L.A. or ruin her own life by moving back to Tree Hill too soon. And Lucas was also driven by fear from her rejection and feeling like he wasn't good enough for her and being confused as to what the right thing to do was - whether to let her go or be with her, like when he said 'he's not good enough for you' and kissed her in 507, yet said 'I do' to another woman.
how forever feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it made sense for them to give up on each other so easily after what they went through. One of the main reasons why I thought BL didn't work was how easily they let go of each other because of fears and insecurities while LP was the opposite of it, it was about "I would never cut you out of my life", about being there for each other no matter what. They were like that since the beginning and them literally cutting each other out and giving up on each other completely after everything, after life/death experience, after all they had to face and work through did not make sense to me personally. It was like LP turning into BL 2.0 and Peyton started recembling the Brooke of season 2-3 the way Brooke was with Rachel and Peyton because of her shallowness, well, in S5 Peyton was like that with Lindsey. Idk, maybe there was depth that I didn't see, but for me season 5 will always be the worst nightmare it was like LP and BL switched.

Reply   Post New Thread