Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

This scene basically says it all. Gorgeous photoset, thanks for posting.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Beautiful gif-set. 301 was a great episode for them.

s2 makes no sense to me either, Mary. There wasn't much I liked about that season besides some of the PH/LP stuff we got. I still feel like LP avoided each other that year because they didn't know how to be around each other after the s1 stuff. That I understood, them wanting to be with other people out of the blue was something else.

Wish the show had the rights to this song. I really liked its use in the 100th episode. I was lucky enough to see the clip when the episode first aired. I'm not sure if soapnet used this song or Ride.

Nic | avi by crisbr
wistfuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I could understand their insecurities and how they just happened to bury their feelings after it went wrong in season 1 and after they faced perhaps too much they could handle at the very start of their relationship while wanting each other so much, but them settling for other people and BL/JP becoming some golden couples during S2-3 made a little to no sense to me.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly. The whole JP arc bothers me a lot more than the BL arc did though. Maybe because Peyton is my absolute favorite character and the s2 version of herself is just so unlikeable to me. I don't know. It just took Lucas so much time to get Peyton to open up her heart to him that it hurt to hear her talk about Jake the way she did in s2. But to get back on topic my favorite LP scene in s2 is the Tric scene toward the end of the season where he told her he never wanted to be a bad friend again. I know most people love the beach hug (I do too) but there's something understated and quiet about that scene that I love. They were just two people trying to find their way back to each other, in whatever form they could. I wish he had let her apologize to him though, the stuff she said to him in 210 was pretty harsh.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

The thing with JP is that actually did enjoy some aspects of it during S1 a lot. Though I thought they would have worked so much better a friends, instead of their story being about Peyton playing house with him and Jenny because she wanted a happy family herself. But then season 2 comes and the kind of storyline we are gettng with them is almost nonsensical and insulting to Peyton's character in many ways, because not only writers turned Jake into a knight in shining armor who magically made Peyton's depression go away by the mere fact of his presense (as if such a serious issue as depression can fade away thanks to the fact that a guy you had feelings for came back to town ), but also gave Peyton's character this fake cartoony cheesy romance that was limited to chemistry-less sex and puppy eyed love confessions in between fighting with the world's greatest evil aka Nikki. Season 2 Peyton is my least favourite after season 5. Like with Brooke during season 2-3 and beginning of S4, I feel like Mark made a lot of mistakes with Peyton's character during S2 and 5. But moving on to LP and brighter themes:

I did like that scene too. Honestly, I love everything about LP friendship because their bond shined mostly through that during season 2-3. I love the hug of course too.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

^ Basically how I felt about that whole storyline. I like s5 Peyt better because at least then, I knew why she was acting the way she was even though I disagreed with some of the things she did. And she had more of a storyline than she did for the majority of s2.

As much as I love LP as a couple, some of my favorite scenes of theirs took place while they were "just friends". I think it's because of how they relate to each other even when they're supposedly platonic.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, season 2 Peyton barely had a storyline other than being Jake's love interest. I dislike the writing of season 5 Peyton, especially how bitchy and OOC she was towards Lindsey (to the point where she started recembling S2-3 Brooke), but at least she made up for that and also she had some emotional material.

I know what you mean. I love them as a couple and I love their typical coupl-y scenes, but it was their friendship that made me truly believe they can never get over each other and that they really need each other.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

I just understood Peyton more in s5 although some of her actions were bizarre and I disagreed with some of the things she did. I think the point was supposed to be that she wasn't really herself anymore, that after high school she sort of lost herself for a while so we saw her journey to her rediscovering the best parts of herself. I did respect what they tried to do with that even though the writing was lackluster at times.

Yes exactly. I first started to ship LP in s3 so that might have something to do with my preferences. I shipped them before I knew about what happened with them in s1.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like with S5 Peyton Mark tried to really show how lost she was and how all her dreams crushed and the only dream that was left - her lost love - was about to marry someone else. And it could have made a way for some really quality dramatic SL there, but instead we got a truly OOC and ridiculous all around thing in combination with the pointless Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton triangle that made both Luke and Peyton look the worst possible way they ever could. Also as a Naley fan I disliked a lot about the way their storyline was handled either so I think it should be understandable why season 5 is my biggest hate

credit

Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I dislike s5 in general but they did do some things well. It's just that the bad things outweighed the good that season.

Gah I love that gif. That dream was full of so much symbolism. The way he looks at her just takes my breath away. I know it's just a dream but his subconscious tells us so much about the way his heart feels for her. She's the one he dreams of seeing, the one he truly sees himself with. Love how he stands in the center of the heart she drew and takes off his sling. It's like her heart, her love is what really heals him. I love the way Lucas sees her, his feelings for her really shine in that scene.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that's how I feel too, S5 did have some stuff to enjoy, but overall bad definitely outweighted the good. Sad because S5 could have been very productive and good for the show, it could have focused on characters' adult lives properly instead of forcing few incredibly contrived dranas on them and making them act like kids, even more immature than they were in high school.

Love the heart metaphor too

Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly. I had such high hopes for s5--before it aired. I even wrote a few short ficlets about the premise of s5 before it started. My muse was high that summer. But after I read spoilers, I decided not to watch it. s5 was over about two years before I actually watched it.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

I know how you feel. At least I was prepaired It was horrible on many levels, honestly I feel like if I had skipped it I wouldn't have missed anything other than a great character development of Brooke. Because the season was awful for both of my OTP's, Leyton and Naley, filled with pointless drama. But still one season cannot ruin it for me when I have many other great seasons for those couples

Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

amazing episode look at the eyes of lucas so chute
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me. Thanks.