Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

I've read fanfics that ended in like 2010 and have haters coming commenting in 2016 that "ew, this ship is gross." wtf is the point of that, especially so many years later.

the commenting on couples videos you don't like and bashing or arguing is straight up pathetic.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

OMG that is hilarious!!

1) Because that's the whole point of fanfiction, your own headcanon 2) 6 whole years later.

That's an extreme I didn't know existed. Now all I can see is someone searching AO3 for a ship they don't like just to hate on it!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly at this point in my fandom career I'm 33 years old. I just watch TV for my own enjoyment and my own enjoyment only. I used to get into fandom wars when I was younger, but honestly? Whats the point. At the end of the day I've learned not everyone is going to like what you like and thats okay! Just as long as people arent a d*ck about what i like, I'll discuss things with anyone.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

I'm surprised we all made it through the Dawson and Joey vs Pacey and Joey war days, myself included. I can't even image if we had twitter back then. Message boards were bad enough. They even shut down the official message board on the official site because of the all the fights. I remember being right in the middle of it too. I also remember the outrage when Katie picked Pacey buying Joey the wall, as her favorite moment. Wheeeeew weeee Dawson and Joey fans were mad. In all honesty, if she had picked a DJ moment, Pacey and Joey shippers would have been just as ticked off. I can say without a doubt it was the biggest shipper war I was involved in. By the time Seth and Summer and Cappie and Casey and Wade and Zoe came around, most of us had grown up by then. I know I did. I still would go down with my ships, but I was over the fighting.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree the Stefan/Elena/Damon was so bad made you not either brother with her after a while.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
I've read fanfics that ended in like 2010 and have haters coming commenting in 2016 that "ew, this ship is gross." wtf is the point of that, especially so many years later.

the commenting on couples videos you don't like and bashing or arguing is straight up pathetic.
This. I will NEVER understand going to clips and music videos of couples you hate just to bash them and say your couple is endgame. If that's the case, why are you here? Like I said, when people do that it shows they are insecure and trying to convince themselves. I've never done that, seems like self mutilation to me (which is how I would feel like I'm burning my eyes out to Spike/Buffy or Fitz/Liv videos. Trying to romantize and cover up the abuse with sappy editing and music is just too me for me too. Just saying but that's exactly why I don't go to clips of couples I hate *gasp* lol) I watched S3 and 4 of Dawson's Creek in real time back then but the internet wasn't that big yet and I wasn't on it, but I can imagine that triangle war got ridiculous. Some are still bitter and mad that Pacey/Joey ended up together at the end, is the most popular/well known ship of the show, and that the P/J fanbase has always been bigger (and still growing) than the D/J fanbase. So yeah, some can still be foaming at the mouth and chewing off their own leg YEARS after a show ended. which is even more riddamndiculous to me. Liv didn't end up with Jake (or Fitz) at the end of Scandal. I think it's bs what they did to him at the end of the show but I'm not still complaining and attacking Fitz/Liv fans over it, I don't care. Plus, I always knew Liv wouldn't end up with either of them. Once it's over, it's over. I move on lol.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 04-01-2020 at 11:47 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
I'm surprised we all made it through the Dawson and Joey vs Pacey and Joey war days, myself included. I can't even image if we had twitter back then. Message boards were bad enough. They even shut down the official message board on the official site because of the all the fights. I remember being right in the middle of it too. I also remember the outrage when Katie picked Pacey buying Joey the wall, as her favorite moment. Wheeeeew weeee Dawson and Joey fans were mad. In all honesty, if she had picked a DJ moment, Pacey and Joey shippers would have been just as ticked off. I can say without a doubt it was the biggest shipper war I was involved in. By the time Seth and Summer and Cappie and Casey and Wade and Zoe came around, most of us had grown up by then. I know I did. I still would go down with my ships, but I was over the fighting.
It was pure hell.

The dumbest part is fans will always ship who they ship. Endgame or not. You love and appreciate your ship. Like this board is filled of couples some endgame and others not with so much love.

Sadly, there are those of us that have grown up and others stuck in the teenage mindest. Fandoms. Love my ships too but you will not catch me fighting someone online in 2020 or being bothered they ship something else or have a different opinion.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree it's no point in fighting over a ship.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, it's a shame you have to go through this with TV shows sometimes. I just experienced it when Scandal was on. I was attacked and stalked by so many Fitz/Olivia fans on Youtube cause I liked Jake/Olivia but I usually just don't engage and argue with crazy so I usually ignore and mute cause I just don't care. People creating narratives that the actors are together or fooling around, not believe their happily married, attacking and threatening the actors, etc. Like WTF why? Calm the hell down. It's just a fictional TV show, it ain't real *shrugs* Like I said in the past, I don't think I've ever liked one triangle. Their usually half assed pissing contests where they toss both fanbases crumbs and make one, two, or all three people in the triangle look awful and it all amounts to nothing. Triangles are just lazy and pointless.
Wow, that's nuts. I had heard of such insanity, and still can't believe that this is really a thing that happens. Due to a fictional ship. It's wild.

I won't name fandoms but those who know me on Twitter can probably tell. It just gets overly ugly/heated when the other fandom in the love triangle make it a personal attack on the cast/fans, even bash the actors playing the couple (because of their personal relationship) because of the ship wars ... and call fans of the opposing ship really ugly names like "Trump supporters" or "Hitler fans" (I'm not kidding, these are actual comments thrown around ). This is the effect of love triangles, which is why I hate it with a passion of a thousand suns.

Ship and let ship, I always say. I may bitch about certain ships sometimes ... but I generally stay in my lane and just love the pairing, instead of focusing and hating on the one I don't like but it seems like a hard thing for some people to abide by. Life is too short to focus on things you detest, IMO. Also, I'm a lot older now compared to when I first started shipping and I'm also just DONE with these childish shipper wars. I mostly just block people I don't like, these days. Problem solved.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
I agree it's no point in fighting over a ship.
Agreed. Now I will debate all day in a fun way. You wanna hit me with facts about your couple, I'll friendly debate and come back with facts about mine, but if it turns ugly, insults starts being hurled or snark is even detected, I'm out. I might have done that during Dawson's Creek days, but like I said, every one of my ships after P/J, I chose to exit fights. No energy for that.

I also never got rubbing it in people's face, if your ship won. Even during the DC days, when Joey finally admitted it was Pacey she knew she was meant to be with it, of course I was happy and celebrated it, but I didn't feel need to rub salt in the wounds of DJ fans, because I know how I would have felt if the shoe was on the other foot. TBH, as a PJ shipper, knowing Kevin Willamson was coming back, I was scared, considering he built the show around DJ. Did I think and believe PJ were meant to be and that she should pick Pacey to spend the rest of her life with? Absolutely. Was I scared with KW on board it might go the other way and prepared myself for the worst? Absolutely. So I was not about to rub salt in wounds.

Honestly I couldn't take the pressure so much, that I spoiled myself right before the end and read people's comments who had seen the ep. That is how nervous I was. LMAO
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Wow, that's nuts. I had heard of such insanity, and still can't believe that this is really a thing that happens. Due to a fictional ship. It's wild.

I won't name fandoms but those who know me on Twitter can probably tell. It just gets overly ugly/heated when the other fandom in the love triangle make it a personal attack on the cast/fans, even bash the actors playing the couple (because of their personal relationship) because of the ship wars ... and call fans of the opposing ship really ugly names like "Trump supporters" or "Hitler fans" (I'm not kidding, these are actual comments thrown around ). This is the effect of love triangles, which is why I hate it with a passion of a thousand suns.

Ship and let ship, I always say. I may bitch about certain ships sometimes ... but I generally stay in my lane and just love the pairing, instead of focusing and hating on the one I don't like but it seems like a hard thing for some people to abide by. Life is too short to focus on things you detest, IMO. Also, I'm a lot older now compared to when I first started shipping and I'm also just DONE with these childish shipper wars. I mostly just block people I don't like, these days. Problem solved.
It’s sad but I have actually dealt with people harassing my fan vids and then these same people complain when other people do horrible things to them. Their seems to be a total lack of awareness. I just hate when people go after people’s art. It’s particular troubling when the show has been off the air for six years.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It’s sad but I have actually dealt with people harassing my fan vids and then these same people complain when other people do horrible things to them. Their seems to be a total lack of awareness. I just hate when people go after people’s art. It’s particular troubling when the show has been off the air for six years.
Total lack of self awareness. I had someone come to my vid today and say all kinds of things in the comments section, "Just say your homophobic and go." ME?! And go where it's my vid?!

Going after art is the worst because that is a creative outlet. Can't even enjoy something you like in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)

That is so intense and nonsensical. Same. The block button is my best friend. Ship and let ship 100%. There's nothing wrong with explaining your preferences and dislikes but the lengths it's gets taken to is too much.

Why go back and forth with someone because they simply like a different ship? Why chase them around, stalk their posts and call them all kinds of names? Trump supporters? Hitler fans? All over a ship.

Annoyingly, shows can do 100% better with out triangles and why they incorporate them at this point is beyond me.

Older and wiser. When I was a teen and had not much going on outside homework and listening to everyone discuss Twilight then yes, expect that childish behaviour but those days are done and dusted. Sadly, majority of people acting up in fandoms over triangles are grown people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Honestly at this point in my fandom career I'm 33 years old. I just watch TV for my own enjoyment and my own enjoyment only. I used to get into fandom wars when I was younger, but honestly? Whats the point. At the end of the day I've learned not everyone is going to like what you like and thats okay! Just as long as people arent a d*ck about what i like, I'll discuss things with anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)

It's a simple philosophy not everyone will like what you like and that's okay.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Ship and let ship.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

lol Yeah, I don't do the back and forth cause people have shown to get nasty and will resort to lying and being snarky to screw with you. I've always just made my point then bounced, I'm not arguing with a lunatic. I just like the couple I like, the end *shrugs*
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am really enjoying one triangle <never thought I'd say that> :

Jared/Michaela/Zeke (Manifest)

I am fine with either couple. I think it's funny how I always (well most of the time ) end up shipping couples who are dating in real life. But, I do find myself having a soft spot for J&M

Last edited by Paper Hearts; 04-02-2020 at 05:50 PM
Paper Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread