Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Removing you Kara. I'm sad to see you go, but I hope I'll still see you in the Dan/Blair thread. Still, like Betty said, the petition was more about Elena's characterization than the DE relationship.

A new chapter I may have to postpone reading it until tomorrow, but I'll read and review as soon as I can.

Quote:
Nice observation!

How awkward...
"So how did you guys meet?"
"Uh, she threw a live grenade at my face and when we both reacted the same way, we just knew."
"Just like that?"
*one-shoulder shrug* "Just like that."

Last edited by dreamywriter19; 07-17-2011 at 02:18 PM
Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Sorry for not being around more today but I let a bunch of boring but unnecessary errands pile up and have been taking care of them all day
Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

His face when she comes back I'm NEVER getting over it

Betty, you really got PMs complaining about your CYD DE posts?

Quote:
Sorry for not being around more today but I let a bunch of boring but unnecessary errands pile up and have been taking care of them all day
No worries. I've done the same
Old 07-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

The mods were alerted on the tvd board because of the link. It's not against the rules, but I don't know.
I don't care. As long as Elena's character isn't destroyed I'm cool with everything.
TVD as a whole doesn't impress me either way.

There are only 2 reasons for me to watch season 3.

1) EE
2) Elijah's background.

The rest is boring teenage drama. and reading the summary of the vd books is making me happy that I never considered reading them in the first place.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

I love that look on his face too Bless the writers for that scene!

Quote:
Betty, you really got PMs complaining about your CYD DE posts?
Complaining would be a nice way of putting it. That's how shipper wars are born though, you know, when people take other people's opinions too personally. I'm used to it though, I've had horrible luck with my ships. Arthur/Morgana vids on YT used to get spammed in the comments sections with charges of racism, even though most of us shipped Gwen just not with Arthur It doesn't even faze me anymore.

Quote:
The mods were alerted on the tvd board because of the link. It's not against the rules, but I don't know.
I don't care. As long as Elena's character isn't destroyed I'm cool with everything.
Worst case scenario: it doesn't get many signatures and just sits there. Best case scenario: it gets tons of signatures and maybe the writers consider it I'm actually surprised some people are having issues with it. The petition isn't even against a storyline, it's against a particular way of doing it. Though I have gotten messages from people all "I support this but the writers think all of this makes sense. To them it is an organic development "

Last edited by Black_Betty; 07-17-2011 at 02:32 PM
Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Shipper wars. The worst thing ever.

Betty, they just said Elena in the book was ok. That Damon was the one who threw himself at her feet. I cannot say anything about it because I haven't read them, but many people said the same you did, and reading the summary (something about slaves, steamy scenes??? WTH????) just confirmed what some people thought. But it doesn't matter. I'm tired of shipper wars and I dread to even read some posts in the Elijah thread.
It's a matter of perception, but people go overboard sometimes and it's part of TVD.

That's why I'm so tired of this and that's why EE is my heaven in a sea full of teenage angst. It's mature, it's different. I love it and I don't care if some people come with the argument that he's too old for her, disgusting, not attractive, bla bla. whatever. I don't discuss it with others.

Last edited by Shereile; 07-17-2011 at 02:43 PM
Old 07-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, well, if it gets too bad I can always just stop watching

Old 07-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly. No EE scenes, bad Elena character, I'm done with it =)

Uh Elijah so pleased. He couldn't even hold her gaze when she said all these nice things about him.
Too flustered, our poor Original

That finger should touch her cheek But I fear it would be too much for me to handle.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Uh Elijah so pleased. He couldn't even hold her gaze when she said all these nice things about him.
Too flustered, our poor Original
Thank god he couldn't hold her gaze! If it had been them staring into each other's eyes for a minute while Elena said all those things?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Loyal Fan

It was already too much when they eyesexed each other in that car.
Alone in a car... seriously writers? What are you doing?
Or better yet. Alone in her bedroom, alone in Carol's house directly by the fireplace. For a minute alone in the boarding house, directly by the fireplace.
Taking a walk outside together without a single soul nearby.

How can I not ship them? How????

Even better. Elena: "Elijah and I need some time alone." Elijah smirks.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was already too much when they eyesexed each other in that car.
Alone in a car... seriously writers? What are you doing?
Or better yet. Alone in her bedroom, alone in Carol's house directly by the fireplace. For a minute alone in the boarding house, directly by the fireplace.
Taking a walk outside together without a single soul nearby.

How can I not ship them? How????

Even better. Elena: "Elijah and I need some time alone." Elijah smirks.
I'm convinced the writers want us to ship them on some level. They want us to have the same "sick" rush on Daniel that they have BTW writers: accomplished.

I'm about to start reading your new chapter!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
I'm convinced the writers want us to ship them on some level. They want us to have the same "sick" rush on Daniel that they have BTW writers: accomplished.

I'm about to start reading your new chapter!
Yes, I think the writers would like to give Elena a guy outside the triangle who's kinda interested in her. But he was supposed to be special, someone you had figure out at first, because a blatant lovesick puppy wouldn't have really stood a chance against the Salvatores. It did help that Daniel brought in his own little quirks to it and that they have amazing chemistry together, even if the writers wanted Elijah to look old.
That's why they wrote such scenes as 2X20 with that whole shipper line about humanity. And they created 2X19. It must have convinced them to go on, because the response was certainly not negative.

I think most people don't see it yet, because it's really something you have to be open about to see it. EE is not obvious and that's why it's soo incredible. I hope they don't destroy it in season 3.

yay I hope you like it. I was nervous about it.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Whoa! Just finished reading your chapter! After I reread it I'll leave a more thorough review at ff.net, but dam that was good The history and backstory you mapped out is awesome, tying the Bennetts and Petrova's together. Then that great walk between EE and the almost kiss The ending is fantastic too! Well done Veronika

BBL, gotta go work out
Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

TTYL

BAHAHAHAHAHA read this.

@mrholymonster DANIEL GILLIES My wife has agreed to let me have imaginary sex with all of you between the hours of 9&10pm PST, on Sat July 23rd. I apologize in advance.

And this.

julieplec
@mrholymonster oh my god, Gillies, how I miss you and your epic brilliance.

@mrholymonster
DANIEL GILLIES @julieplec miss you more. let's get drunk soon. xx

Last edited by Shereile; 07-17-2011 at 04:14 PM
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

OMG he's hilarious JP adores him, I hope that works out well for us Elijah fans
Closed Thread   Post New Thread