Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Don't think so
Good. I've requested so many EE fics from her so far, I didn't want to annoy her

Quote:
Rick and Kate have THE best build up I've ever seen, and the show in general only has one weak episode, imo. Best would-be couple and best show on TV
Sounds great Hopefully I'll be able to watch some more episodes later today

Quote:
Exactly. Part of what makes Elena who she is are her strong morals. Cheating on her missing boyfriend with his brother is so against everything she always stood against, it'd be character suicide, especially if there's not an active struggle against those feelings on her side.
Exactly. And Elena's never been stupid, which is what buying in to Katherine's bs almost makes her. I actually resent where they're going with this.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
Good. I've requested so many EE fics from her so far, I didn't want to annoy her
Hey, she asked for prompts. We're just giving her what she asked. Now, if this a "careful what you wish for" case, that's a different story entirely

Quote:
Sounds great Hopefully I'll be able to watch some more episodes later today
Do that and tell me what you think

Quote:
Exactly. And Elena's never been stupid, which is what buying in to Katherine's bs almost makes her. I actually resent where they're going with this.
Same. Her character is going to suffer so much
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Finally, got my grenade gif done:

Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful I love the way they both kind of mimic the other's position here.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, glad you like it That's one of my favorite moments from that ep.

So, I made that petition I was talking about. Kept it simple since I know even a lot of DE shippers can't stand Shadow Souls; this way it will, hopefully, get as many signatures from as many fans as possible.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTARwarsROXx (View Post)
If these said naysayers are Elijah haters, don't see how that's possible but if they are, they just need a reason to call it out. Perhaps they're living in denial that he will be back to kick some *** Elijah hate went on the rise when he "betrayed" the beloved heroes; saying he got what he deserved from Klaus.
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the lack of Elijah hating. Of course, right at that moment I saw some posts consisting only of various versions of four-lettered words. But by the end of the episode Elijah's decision was met with acceptance and even some admiration. If anyone can direct me to some detailed, longstanding Elijah hate I'm curious to see it.

I havent seen any of these naysaying conversations first-hand, but from the reactions I've read they're made by some fairly rational posters. 'Wreaking havoc' does seem like a fairly un-Elijah thing to do.

First of all, I'm going to ignore the coffee-shop incident (though it was amazing) because when the writers were writing that they had no idea that Elijah's going to be a substantial character. His purpose was simply to terrify by his sheer power and unpredictability. It wasnt until one or two months later when audiences finally watched the "Rose" for the first time and overwhelmed the producers with support for the new guy.

So, back to the wreaking havoc part...I can't see him doing that. Even at his most enraged, his fury is concentrated on what he perceives to be the most responsible target. For example, when he was 'killed' at the dinner party, he doesnt immediately kill everyone at the Salvatore boarding house even though he said that he would do it. No, he went straight to Elena because she was the one person he negotiated the deal with.

Feel free to disagree with me here, but of all the times he was killed, Klaus did it with the most integrity. a) Alaric literally stabbed him in the back, b) Elena stabbed him in the front even after he agreed to heal her and accept the terms of her deal. Klaus, like Elijah, was an expert at lawyer-speak, and he did actually keep his word. I was so worried that he'd blow Elijah up, dump him in the middle of the ocean, send him into orbit, etc...but he actually did reunite Elijah with the family. (Which begs the question: Are the Originals physically unable to break their word? Would that kill them or something?)

It would make sense that Elijah expected Klaus to betray him, and would go straight to Klaus for a confrontation when he gets de-daggered. So the wreaking havoc part really throws me off. It's not as if he's going to wake up in a rage, vamp out, and rip hearts out/slap heads off left and right. He's going to go straight for Klaus. (unless Klaus himself does the de-daggering and compels Elijah into joining him and Stefan on their killing spree?)

Quote:
I know even a lot of DE shippers can't stand Shadow Souls; this way it will, hopefully, get as many signatures from as many fans as possible.
Is Shadow Souls the original storyline for Season 3? If so, I'm so grateful that we're getting The Original storyline for Season 3 now (heehee, see what I did there?). *shudders again at the thought of an alternate TVD universe with no Daniel Gillies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Beautiful I love the way they both kind of mimic the other's position here.
Nice observation!

How awkward...
"So how did you guys meet?"
"Uh, she threw a live grenade at my face and when we both reacted the same way, we just knew."
"Just like that?"
*one-shoulder shrug* "Just like that."

Last edited by honor_in_revenge; 07-16-2011 at 11:20 PM
Old 07-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is Shadow Souls the original storyline for Season 3? If so, I'm so grateful that we're getting The Original storyline for Season 3 now (heehee, see what I did there?). *shudders again at the thought of an alternate TVD universe with no Daniel Gillies*
It's believed that Shadow Souls will be the novel from which they will draw Elena's characterization w/r/t Damon's character this season. So...it's still on the table Thus my petition

Quote:
Nice observation!

How awkward...
"So how did you guys meet?"
"Uh, she threw a live grenade at my face and when we both reacted the same way, we just knew."
"Just like that?"
*one-shoulder shrug* "Just like that."
Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Please remove me from this list. I liked Elena/ Elijah as a crackship but I am not interested in receiving PMs asking me to sign petitions against Damon/ Elena.

If that is how the rest of the TVD fandom is going to act, I'm not interested in being part of it.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

The petition isn't against Damon/Elena. The petition is against the characterization of Elena in Shadow Souls. Caro will be back on later to remove you from the shipper's list.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Loyal Fan

So I'm back. I've watched Harry Potter yesterday and the fandom just drew me in, especially Harry/Voldemort. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy, but what can I do??

I'm working on the last 5 pages of the chapter. Sorry Betty, I promised earlier that I would update, but you know Harry and Voldemort...

Now I'm writing again AND I PROMISE you have the chapter up by today.
Your discussion btw was great and the part about Elena not feeling scared anymore plays a role in my new chapter.

I'll sign the petition as soon as I'm finished with this.

As far as the discussion about KW goes, I won't believe any rumor until KW himself confirms that he meant Klaus which he won't. I've read those in other threads, but I simply don't think it's a mistake.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So I'm back. I've watched Harry Potter yesterday and the fandom just drew me in, especially Harry/Voldemort.
Oh I envy you. I want to see it but the crowds in my town were pretty wild for the last one so I'm waiting for at least a week or two.

Quote:
I'm working on the last 5 pages of the chapter. Sorry Betty, I promised earlier that I would update, but you know Harry and Voldemort...

Now I'm writing again AND I PROMISE you have the chapter up by today.
Your discussion btw was great and the part about Elena not feeling scared anymore plays a role in my new chapter.
Can't wait to read it!

Quote:
I'll sign the petition as soon as I'm finished with this.
I just want to clarify because apparently there's already been some confusion about this ^ as you can see with arakha's post. I bounced the petition off you guys because I talk to you more than any other FFers; and because you guys always give me good ideas and talk me down from bad ones If someone doesn't want to sign the petition that is absolutely no problem, and if you don't like the petition at all I apologize. That's not meant as an EEers against DEers petition nor is it worded that way.

Quote:
As far as the discussion about KW goes, I won't believe any rumor until KW himself confirms that he meant Klaus which he won't. I've read those in other threads, but I simply don't think it's a mistake.
Agreed
Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The petition isn't against Damon/Elena. The petition is against the characterization of Elena in Shadow Souls. Caro will be back on later to remove you from the shipper's list.
Well I think you can understand my confusion, since the email was titled "A Petition Regarding the Relationship Between Damon and Elena". Anyway thanks for removing me.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

A Petition Regarding not A Petition Against. The writers have never felt the need to draw on book Elena when writing Elena on the show, and thank god since book Elena at times resembles Katherine more than the Elena we all know and love. Now they want to use a book characterization, but not just any, Shadow Souls. Completely ignoring that the things done by Elena in that book are OOC for the Elena on the show, they're done with a Damon whose backstory and history with Elena is completely different from the Damon on the show. I occasionally stop by the DE threads, as I do other ship threads, to look at the pretty art. I've read recently in the DE thread on this board that a lot of shippers would like to see Damon be helpful to Elena as a friend, have her feelings for him grow and have her be conflicted about it, while Damon doesn't openly pursue Elena, and eventually - after Stefan has returned - Elena breaks it off with Stefan. If that happens? The petition is moot. Because that I don't have a problem with. But Elena going all Shadow Souls to start up DE as soon as possible? I'd rather not have to watch that, and won't. And that is what the petition is about.

Quote:
I havent seen any of these naysaying conversations first-hand, but from the reactions I've read they're made by some fairly rational posters. 'Wreaking havoc' does seem like a fairly un-Elijah thing to do.
I've been thinking about this, Honor, and it could mean wreaking havoc against Klaus. Klaus won't be in s3 the shadow figure he was for most of s2. Perhaps Elijah's going to get in gear against Klaus pretty early on? Throw some coins at Klaus' head perhaps?

Last edited by Black_Betty; 07-17-2011 at 05:01 AM
Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

New chapter up. Enjoy. nearly 10000 words.

Chapter 7

Betty I took the liberty to post the link in the Elena tvd.net threads.

Ok hm some people over there don't like it and don't understand it, so
I can't say anything against it, because I haven't read the books.
Oh well, whatever.

Last edited by Shereile; 07-17-2011 at 11:30 AM
Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ok hm some people over there don't like it and don't understand it, so
I can't say anything against it, because I haven't read the books.
Yeah I've gotten pm's from two people who didn't care for it either but I've gotten worse over my CYD posts about Delena so I had a half dozen messages when I logged on that were positive Different strokes.

A NEW CHAPTER ;yay: OMG I will read ASAP.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread