Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Poor Caro! Well, it looks promising for our Castle ship, I think There's at least that
Old 07-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

"Our"? You're a CB fan too?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Well, I just started watching the eps but I'm really liking their chemistry so far So yeah, "our"

Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you're just at the beginning. They're my OTP along with EE, you'll be just as in love with them as I am in a little while

That gif Elena, do that one more time next season. Pretty please with Elijah on top?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey!

Love your icon, Betty

Quote:
Makes no sense to me. KW helped create these characters and is writing them. Why say Elijah is he means Klaus? And is it such a big spoiler to learn Elijah's coming back? They already told us the other originals are; if telling us Elijah coming back is a spoiler then JP telling us the other originals coming back is an even bigger one. Once they said they were bringing the others back I think it was a given that Elijah was coming back as well.
This. It would seem strange for KW to have a slip of the tongue and make a mistake like that. If these said naysayers are Elijah haters, don't see how that's possible but if they are, they just need a reason to call it out. Perhaps they're living in denial that he will be back to kick some *** Elijah hate went on the rise when he "betrayed" the beloved heroes; saying he got what he deserved from Klaus. But I will admit the "havoc" line threw me a little off at first because it did seem more suited for Klaus. But Elijah is perfectly capable of causing havoc in his own right. He definitely has some reasons to do so now; but his rationality is what makes him so admirable. You can't help but respect him because of his morals. But KW's part of the creation process after all. And true, it's not really a "spoiler" per se. We can pretty much drawl our own conclusions that because the other originals are being brought in, then it most definitely includes Elijah. He's the one that pretty much opened up that storyline.

And I hope they live up to the tag line of Season 3 being "The Season of the Originals". I'm wanting to learn some rich history. Anything to balance out in having DE force fed down my throat Disaster in the making!

Lovely art So sad Elena had to leave him. He looked so broken inside to let her go; afraid he wouldn't see her again. But Elena hit his soft spot and he understood how much family means to her because he values family himself. I really hope Elena will understand that when it comes time for them to meet again next season. Hopefully Damon doesn't brainwash her in to thinking Elijah betrayed them like he did to some of the audience

Just have a repeat of this and all will be right with the world

Quote:
Pretty please with Elijah on top?
No comment, Caro
Old 07-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, you're just at the beginning. They're my OTP along with EE, you'll be just as in love with them as I am in a little while
It definitely seems that way At least I'm a little bit spoiled when it comes to this show so I can just sit back and enjoy it without angsting over everything like I have with EE.

Quote:
Pretty please with Elijah on top?

Quote:
Love your icon, Betty
Thanks Marissa!

Quote:
And I hope they live up to the tag line of Season 3 being "The Season of the Originals". I'm wanting to learn some rich history. Anything to balance out in having DE force fed down my throat Disaster in the making!
This, dear god, THIS!

Quote:
So sad Elena had to leave him. He looked so broken inside to let her go; afraid he wouldn't see her again. But Elena hit his soft spot and he understood how much family means to her because he values family himself.
I love these two sfm
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This. It would seem strange for KW to have a slip of the tongue and make a mistake like that. If these said naysayers are Elijah haters, don't see how that's possible but if they are, they just need a reason to call it out. Perhaps they're living in denial that he will be back to kick some *** Elijah hate went on the rise when he "betrayed" the beloved heroes; saying he got what he deserved from Klaus. But I will admit the "havoc" line threw me a little off at first because it did seem more suited for Klaus. But Elijah is perfectly capable of causing havoc in his own right. He definitely has some reasons to do so now; but his rationality is what makes him so admirable. You can't help but respect him because of his morals. But KW's part of the creation process after all. And true, it's not really a "spoiler" per se. We can pretty much drawl our own conclusions that because the other originals are being brought in, then it most definitely includes Elijah. He's the one that pretty much opened up that storyline.

Exactly. How didn't Elijah cause havoc until now? He rips hearts out, punches heads off, stabs Damon with a pen, forced Kat to stay in the tomb... I consider that havoc

Quote:
Lovely art So sad Elena had to leave him. He looked so broken inside to let her go; afraid he wouldn't see her again. But Elena hit his soft spot and he understood how much family means to her because he values family himself. I really hope Elena will understand that when it comes time for them to meet again next season. Hopefully Damon doesn't brainwash her in to thinking Elijah betrayed them like he did to some of the audience
I really don't think Damon can brainwash Elena. DE will happen, unfortunately, but I see them crashing and burning every time they try something together. She's stubborn and strong-willed and can think on her own, unless they pull a Book!Elena on us.

Quote:
No comment, Caro

Quote:
It definitely seems that way At least I'm a little bit spoiled when it comes to this show so I can just sit back and enjoy it without angsting over everything like I have with EE.
That makes me so happy. If I admit to loving Castle/Beckett a little bit more than EE, will I be banished?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Something about that is so funny to me

Quote:
Exactly. How didn't Elijah cause havoc until now? He rips hearts out, punches heads off, stabs Damon with a pen, forced Kat to stay in the tomb... I consider that havoc
Oh yeah, don't forget: threw coins across a street and through the windows of a shop, burning dozens of vampires, and forced a vampire to stake himself. Elijah has technically caused as much havoc as Klaus!

Quote:
DE will happen, unfortunately, but I see them crashing and burning every time they try something together. She's stubborn and strong-willed and can think on her own, unless they pull a Book!Elena on us.
Oh I want so badly for this to be true

Quote:
If I admit to loving Castle/Beckett a little bit more than EE, will I be banished?
No I will stare at your icon judgmentally though.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh, how could I forget the coin-throwing? Shame on me!

Quote:
No I will stare at your icon judgmentally though.
Hey! Take a look at my sig, doesn't that quote scream OTP material?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Take a look at my sig, doesn't that quote scream OTP material?
...Okay. I'll give you that BUT ONLY because of the nearly dying frozen in each other's arms thing.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
...Okay. I'll give you that BUT ONLY because of the nearly dying frozen in each other's arms thing.
How far into the show are you?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Hell Hath No Fury, the fourth ep. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd just started

I wonder if it's been long enough for me to request yet another EE oneshot from litchick?

Last edited by Black_Betty; 07-16-2011 at 10:05 PM
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm in my 'I want to go deeper with this discussion' kind of mood at the moment I think

I loved what Betty said earlier about the Originals storyline overpowering the DE factor that those people are so hoping to get. If they take the route of Elena giving in to the belief of accepting the 'it's ok to love them both' logic, then it will destroy her as a character If DE are proclaimed inevitable, at least let her put up a fight. Don't pull her away the Elena we all know and love; it's going to generate some solid hate. I don't want to see her thrown so quick to Damon. I'd appreciate buildup, some struggle; consciously. That's what's most important to me in the characterization being played out believably.

Quote:
He rips hearts out, punches heads off, stabs Damon with a pen, forced Kat to stay in the tomb... I consider that havoc
The difference is Elijah has standards of procedure. Nothing goes without reason for him. Gotta love him for that That definitely outweighs the calamity of the situation at hand; no matter how vulgar. Well, it does for me anyways. It kind of downplays the shock factor because in stringing everything together, he's a man on a mission. He's a really complex character. Nothing is black and white with him. And it's such a thrill to get a glimpse of his history to see what shaped him in to the man he is in the present vs. the man he was leading up to the present. Elijah's progression would be so delectable because he has that vast amount of inexplicable history. The possibility of exploration for him is simply unfathomable. He's such an enigmatic character. It's beautiful, but I want to know more about this man!

Quote:
I really don't think Damon can brainwash Elena. DE will happen, unfortunately, but I see them crashing and burning every time they try something together. She's stubborn and strong-willed and can think on her own, unless they pull a Book!Elena on us.
Well, influence. Who knows where her character will go now that she's left with him. She does, after all, like Damon 'just the way he is' That scene really contradicts with Elena as our independent female lead, with all the times she's never wanted to forgive Damon for all that he's done to hurt her. She has this tendency of becoming weakened whenever she's with Damon. However, both parties are responsible. It makes me sick though So I hope that stubbornness and strong-will is able to shine through once again. Well, I've never read the books, but from all the talk it sounds awful!

Quote:
Something about that is so funny to me
It's not just you The scare tactic has seemed to worn off between them though. Now Elijah just finds her to be the most beautiful creature he's met in the last millennium or so. Oh, Elena!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The scare tactic has seemed to worn off between them though. Now Elijah just finds her to be the most beautiful creature he's met in the last millennium or so. Oh, Elena!
It's interesting to me that Elena, whose feelings for Elijah aren't as evolved as his own, isn't afraid of him anymore. She's actually very comfortable with him, like he's a friend now. I'm hoping the writers keep that in mind when writing their scenes together.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)
Hell Hath No Fury, the fourth ep. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd just started
You're in for such a treat Rick and Kate have THE best build up I've ever seen, and the show in general only has one weak episode, imo. Best would-be couple and best show on TV

Quote:
I wonder if it's been long enough for me to request yet another EE oneshot from litchick?
Don't think so

Quote:
I loved what Betty said earlier about the Originals storyline overpowering the DE factor that those people are so hoping to get. If they take the route of Elena giving in to the belief of accepting the 'it's ok to love them both' logic, then it will destroy her as a character If DE are proclaimed inevitable, at least let her put up a fight. Don't pull her away the Elena we all know and love; it's going to generate some solid hate. I don't want to see her thrown so quick to Damon. I'd appreciate buildup, some struggle; consciously. That's what's most important to me in the characterization being played out believably.
Exactly. Part of what makes Elena who she is are her strong morals. Cheating on her missing boyfriend with his brother is so against everything she always stood against, it'd be character suicide, especially if there's not an active struggle against those feelings on her side.

Quote:
The difference is Elijah has standards of procedure. Nothing goes without reason for him. Gotta love him for that That definitely outweighs the calamity of the situation at hand; no matter how vulgar. Well, it does for me anyways. It kind of downplays the shock factor because in stringing everything together, he's a man on a mission. He's a really complex character. Nothing is black and white with him. And it's such a thrill to get a glimpse of his history to see what shaped him in to the man he is in the present vs. the man he was leading up to the present. Elijah's progression would be so delectable because he has that vast amount of inexplicable history. The possibility of exploration for him is simply unfathomable. He's such an enigmatic character. It's beautiful, but I want to know more about this man!
Nothing to add here. Amazingly put

Quote:
Well, influence. Who knows where her character will go now that she's left with him. She does, after all, like Damon 'just the way he is' That scene really contradicts with Elena as our independent female lead, with all the times she's never wanted to forgive Damon for all that he's done to hurt her. She has this tendency of becoming weakened whenever she's with Damon. However, both parties are responsible. It makes me sick though So I hope that stubbornness and strong-will is able to shine through once again. Well, I've never read the books, but from all the talk it sounds awful!
I agree. I actually don't believe she meant the ILYNJTWYA. if Damon hadn't been dying, the thought would've never even crossed her mind, especially considering all her "be the better man" talk. I think she just wanted to comfort him. But yeah, I hate how much she forgives him. It makes her look weak, which I don't think she is at all.
I only read the first book, but Elena made me want to throw her out the window. I personally thought she was a self-centered bitch.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread