Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicsChaos (View Post)

Right there with ya mate right there with ya.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

AWWWWWWWWW
i feel the pain of defeat...i've lost my way with footie (i followed the men;s team for years and have cried when we've lost and crashed out in the quarter finals as we always do) but i havent seen any footie in a aaaaaage! (i can only enjoy the world cup when england are booted out - cos the mens team make me angry, all big heads who cant work together)

Hawks, from what i hear, the olympic footie will be played in manchester? (old trasfford!) though i'm sure some will be at wembley too i'd love to see footie there, been 3 times...but for gigs

ETA: wiki says "Associations affiliated with FIFA are invited to send their full women's national teams and men's U-23 teams to participate. Men's teams are allowed to augment their squad with three players over the age of 23."

I do terrible HaH fics 1|2|3
Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks (View Post)
I dunno yet i know theres dream teams going round but i'm guessing if they do manage to get over themselves and get a team together there has to be more than english players there are good irish welsh and scots players out there.
That there's a greater number of good English players goes without saying, but for it to truly be "Team GB", every British country should be represented, IMO. Sorry, this is a contentious issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikChik (View Post)
I did say eventually... You should, oh my god you should
I will. And yeah...eventually...probably...hopefully again in my lifetime...
Old 07-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Sorry Rics
Old 07-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddleFuddle (View Post)
That there's a greater number of good English players goes without saying, but for it to truly be "Team GB", every British country should be represented, IMO. Sorry, this is a contentious issue for me.

No i totally agree theres no point in doing it if a GB Team is made up of english players, i think with a select few of scots irish welsh and english players we could do quite well. My local team has had a few great welsh and scot players so im all for an British team if its a proper British team.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
AWWWWWWWWW
i feel the pain of defeat...i've lost my way with footie (i followed the men;s team for years and have cried when we've lost and crashed out in the quarter finals as we always do) but i havent seen any footie in a aaaaaage! (i can only enjoy the world cup when england are booted out - cos the mens team make me angry, all big heads who cant work together)
how cute it that? Footie...

Quote:
Sorry Rics
We should do an England-and-Germany-are-out-of-the-tiurnament-drinking-game or something

Ricarda ~ Köln/ Cologne
Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthio (View Post)
Hawks, from what i hear, the olympic footie will be played in manchester? (old trasfford!) though i'm sure some will be at wembley too i'd love to see footie there, been 3 times...but for gigs

"
I heard that to and hope so manchester is closer than london for me lol though with how many stadiums we have here they could play them wherever they wanted really. i went to wembley and that was great could see everything, granted that was for american football lol

ETA: just checked and they have venues for the football all over Glasgow and Cardiff, London and Manchester and Coventry and Newcastle, so everyone will be close to some games.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No i totally agree theres no point in doing it if a GB Team is made up of english players, i think with a select few of scots irish welsh and english players we could do quite well. My local team has had a few great welsh and scot players so im all for an British team if its a proper British team.
I totally agree. I know the SFA has kicked up a stink about it, but it's ridiculous. It's a one-off British team...for the London Olympics...I doubt it'll ever happen again. FIFA have also guaranteed the countries won't lose their teams if we form a British team, so what the hell is the problem? I'm all for it...and it'll give some young players a brilliant opportunity to play in the world's biggest sporting event. I've heard a few Scottish players saying that they're up for it, which is great.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 PM
New Fan

Okay so...umm...let's just say...I will never look at grapes and yogurt the same way again!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

HI everyone

Kim

Nath and I seem to be lost out there with no one.... are we in right place?
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I heard that to and hope so manchester is closer than london for me lol though with how many stadiums we have here they could play them wherever they wanted really. i went to wembley and that was great could see everything, granted that was for american football lol
I'm sure I heard that the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is also going to be used for one of the stadiums. In fact, I think the opening event of the Olympics is scheduled to be a football match in the Millenium Stadium.
Part-Time Fan

HI!

I can't stay long. Wanted to check in and say hi. Hope Everyone is having a good weekend. I'm going to spend mine watching old episodes.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
how cute it that? Footie...

We should do an England-and-Germany-are-out-of-the-tiurnament-drinking-game or something
am i being cute again?
i have my silly northern words
is there a german diminuitive for fussball?

Quote:
yeah it says stadiums all oer, but its LONDON 2012 so i guess the emirates and stanford bridge if theyre up to spec. emirates is crazy new, its what 4years old, so that will be one im sure.

also, SIG: aim to misbehave....SERENITY IS MY FAVE FILM EVER! i just watched it actually ohhh kaylee <3

ETA:
Quote:
ETA: just checked and they have venues for the football all over Glasgow and Cardiff, London and Manchester and Coventry and Newcastle, so everyone will be close to some games.
coooool, that's good for everyone (in the UK) then

of course i was too lazy to apply for tix. i might be in the states during the olympics anyway...or travelling somewhere (itchy feet, im ready for a round the continent trip again)

I do terrible HaH fics 1|2|3
Old 07-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lol sorry we seem to have taken over the thread with football talk.

On-topic. whos hoping in the coming eps we get to see them in bed before or after or during lol i just hope they dont become that couple who have sex once then never touch eachother again.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthio (View Post)
yeah it says stadiums all oer, but its LONDON 2012 so i guess the emirates and stanford bridge if theyre up to spec. emirates is crazy new, its what 4years old, so that will be one im sure.

also, SIG: aim to misbehave....SERENITY IS MY FAVE FILM EVER! i just watched it actually ohhh kaylee <3
Lol i'm glad they have stadiums all over for it makes it more accessible for people, also YAY another Browncoat, Kaylee and River man i love the Film/tv series.