Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'm good babe
Just got back from shopping with my mom

We were talking about the first time Kate was alone after they got off the island earlier and how she deals with the loss of Jack. Thinking of it is really depressing

Since you're here lemme post your fav cap

Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Ozy, Erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luthien*
But i think the fact that they said Juliet actually did see the afterlife reunion while she was passing away proves that Jack was also seeing the afterlife.

I mean yeah we didnt have a specific "coffee" line like Juliet's but we did get very meaningful transitions between church scenes and Jack's last minutes. I mean whats the point of transitions between the scenes if they are not telling us how 2 worlds collide in that moment?

Jack collapses on the ground the same second Jate falls on the seat together, Jack puts his hand on his other hand at the same second Jate's fingers intertwine, Jack smiles on the island while Jack smiles at the church, Jack looks at Kate, while Jack sees the plane flying above and thinking Kate... I do believe those scenes put together in that way to tell us Jack was present in both worlds in his last seconds.
The description here is amazing! I think nobody can deny that Jack saw his reunion with Kate and that they were so happy! He knew for sure that 'It worked'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Erica (View Post)
Which is another reason why I believe that full-on Jate resolution had to wait until the end, because it would coincide with Jack's last moments alive, which were always going to be at the very end. While Juliet didn't plan to die so soon and to leave James the way she did, but what an incredible passing of life into death, KNOWING that she would see James again? That she was seeing him as life rushed from her?

The SAME thing happened to Jack and Kate. I feel like the entire last season was leading up to this pivotal moment where Jack accomplishes what he needed to, but that sacrifice is met with a surprise and a moment so much bigger than life. His love for Kate is the only thing that withstood him until the end. His death and his ultimate happiness landed in the same moment, and it's sad, but also truly breathtaking at the same time.

ETA: HEY PEEPS!
Can it be more powerful? Seriously, Jack and Kate are the essence of Lost like they are the essence of each other! What a beautiful and unforgetable love story
Old 10-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. I love that cap SO FREAKIN' MUCH. It's still my desktop background and it will be FOREVER!

They are just....

This inspires me to write an Afterlife three-shot even more.

ETA: Ana! My one true love! They were seriously on a leve of EPIC that hadn't even been established yet.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ana

I was just googling Jack and Kate (yes i do that every once in a while ) and i came up with a forum about Vampire Diaries and there was a "who has the bigger fanbase" arguement and guess which ship was used as an example?
Jate

How at one point it seemed like Skaters were the largest fanbase coz they were more loud in the online fandom and then a newspaper made a poll amongst its viewers and Jate won by a large margin (btw i didnt know that!) and how in the end Jate ended up together as it should be and most of the viewers were happy with that outcome which means they did have the largest fanbase

Its weird to see Jate's name in forums and sites unrelated to Lost

Last edited by *luthien*; 10-23-2010 at 08:15 AM
Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luthien* (View Post)
Ana

I was just googling Jack and Kate (yes i do that every once in a while ) and i came up with a forum about Vampire Diaries and there was a "who has the bigger fanbase" arguement and guess which ship was used as an example?
Jate

How at one point it seemed like Skaters were the largest fanbase coz they were more loud in the online fandom and then a newspaper made a poll amongst its viewers and Jate won by a large margin (btw i didnt know that!) and how in the end Jate ended up together as it should be and most of the viewers were happy with that outcome which means they did have the largest fanbase
Okay, Ozge, really? Can we be any more similar, because, yes, from time to time, I Google Jack and Kate too.

Although I didn't find what you found, so it's good to know that Jaters are in abundance, because I have to say, conjuring up a love story is hard to do on my own. I need people who are willing to lift.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Erica (View Post)
This inspires me to write an Afterlife three-shot even more.

ETA: Ana! My one true love! They were seriously on a leve of EPIC that hadn't even been established yet.
Yes, pleeeease! Do that

The only TV couple that has a description in the movie couples list? Epic enough?!

Quote:
Jate

OMG The jater fanbase have been increasing much more than any other in Lost, on and off the internet world! Jaters didn't use to post just in the shippers foruns because our loved characters are the protagonists that are in the middle of the entire story! Jack was the protagonist, he was in touch with almost all the characters and Kate too! She had her story with with Aaron and Claire and with Sawyer too. Jaters fans had to deal with everything! But in the end, when the couples story was clearly ending in our direction ... well ... Jaters are so happy and they needed to be together to celebrate
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

I always search with "Lost Jack and Kate" as keywords and select "last 24 hours"

Coz if i say 1 week or last month then it would be impossible for me to read all the pages. Besides we have Cinzy who has a Jate radar on the net so im counting on her
Old 10-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Guys, I have to go for a minute - lunch! But I'll be back as soon as possible

This scene is amazing! And for me, much more jatey than skatey! The biggest evidence for me is that that scene was one of the Jate recognition in The End! That was a powerful jate moment!

Last edited by Ana Jate; 10-23-2010 at 08:13 PM
Old 10-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Quote:
Jate
Aw, that's cool.

We probably shouldn't mention other shippers at all, though.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Jate (View Post)
This scene is amazing! And for me, much more jatey than skatey! The bigger evidence for me is that that scene was one of the Jate recognition in The End! That was a powerful jate moment!
Truths. I love that 'I Do' is one of my favorite episodes, because of the glass wall scene and the fact that for three months, the last image of LOST until it came back was that Kate was fighting for Jack, even though she had no idea where he was. The walkie moment at the end sparked with longing and regret. Kate was just a powerhouse there.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Old 10-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

Jusex

Aww look at Kate... Give her Jack and she is the happiest woman ever!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Jack&Kate - Epic.Eternal.Endgame
Camelot Petition
-Eda
Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Eda and Ivy! Welcome back girls

Unfortunately i gotta go now
But i'll be back later

ETA:

Look at Kate...The way she is staring in Jack's eyes kills me... So much love radiating through her eyes
Closed Thread   Post New Thread