Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was Kate's conflict about herself. Past or future. Change or stagnancy. What she was or what wants to be. Running or staying... etc.
Yes.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
this is so beautiful I think in the end Jack and Kate got the best resolution and redemption
yeah,well,definitely,I loved some of the others too,but J&K were TEH redemptions...which is obvious since they were the main characters and couple
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by franci* (View Post)
I think,speaking of Jack,u only need to say one thing reguarding his redemption/love for kate:

the only thing he ever wanted for himself was kate,
but he became so much of a man of faith,that he put the thing he cared the most in the hands of fate...hoping that he was right this once,that he was doing what he was supposed to,and that for that,one day he'll be rewarded.

And he did.

and now I'll stop before I cry again
damn you

and why mosquitos are still alive?

Quote:
And they were meant to be... Maybe not in this life, but in all the others...
They were each others soulmates.. they were made for each other. And that's the kind of love and bond that even death cannot destroy
and indeed in the end nothing in the world could keep them apart, even death
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

I have no words,I just keep crying,I'll probably go on forever.

You don't get any more epic than that. It was so tragic and beautiful at the same time. Typical Jate. They were fate beyond this world, their bond went beyond this life. Afterall we're just here for some time,then,we go away,but Jack&Kate were the love of each other's life, and in the end they found each other again,and it was for eternity, because that is what soulmates do.

^^ my first comment on the fuse after "the end"
Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

I dont know if he really thought his sacrifice would bring Kate back to him to be honest. He did that in S5 finale, believing that if they were really meant to be then this plan will work and bring him and kate together. But it didn't work. And after that moment he had his period of doubts. And then he started believing that everything happened for a reason and here he was, one step away from commiting his life and soul to the island. The only thing he didnt manage to ruin. The only thing he could finally do "right". And i guess he knew he was gonna die. There was something about Jack in the second half of S6, he knew his destiny was on the island. He knew he was meant to be do something "great" and he knew it would most probably cost his life. But he believed in his heart it was the right thing to do. Not only for himself but for everyone else. For Kate, Claire, his friends, island, world.
So i dont think he really thought after he died he would reunite with Kate. At least not in the cliff scene. When Kate said "tell me im gonna see you again" His eyes said it all. "No".... He didnt think they'd see each other again coz he knew he didnt have much time left on this life and who knew what would happen after death.

But in his dying moment, in those last minute i think the curtain between life and death was removed and he could see it. He could see Kate by his side, he could feel the peace and happiness, he could feel all his friends... Before he died he knew his sacrifice brought him back Kate, the only thing he ever wanted...
Old 10-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to go. See you later
Old 10-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

I need to go for half an hour too... Mom needs my help
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

no he didn't thought it maybe,but he could hope...
in fact,as u said,when kate asked him,he said "no"...because he knew he was going to die,and frankly,for all of us who live in the world,is a big ????? to say "we'll find each other again in the afterlife" ...we can not know it's a hopeful thing to think,though.

and ITA about the last scene. it'd be perfect if the LE wrote a line for jack as the one they wrote for juliet...that she saw the afterlife and her with james and understood she was his true love (that she wasn't the other woman anymore ) but we know it must have been the same for jack,that he knew he was brought back with kate,finally...that's what those images suggested anyway

cin
Old 10-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey girls A new thread

You are being so fast! I loved the title Kate just could grow up and reach her potential with Jack! And I'm so glad that people - not an ordinary people but the team that created the whole show/story - are the ones who are saying this! And about the attraction and chemistry ... well ... it was really undeniable and unforgetable

But, back to the thread Do you are talking about ..... ?

Last edited by Ana Jate; 10-23-2010 at 07:21 AM
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

12.771 notes WOAH!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Franci

Quote:
"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEEEEND!"

Oh God, it means that now I have other 2.771 notes to read?
Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and ITA about the last scene. it'd be perfect if the LE wrote a line for jack as the one they wrote for juliet...
But i think the fact that they said Juliet actually did see the afterlife reunion while she was passing away proves that Jack was also seeing the afterlife.

I mean yeah we didnt have a specific "coffee" line like Juliet's but we did get very meaningful transitions between church scenes and Jack's last minutes. I mean whats the point of transitions between the scenes if they are not telling us how 2 worlds collide in that moment?

Jack collapses on the ground the same second Jate falls on the seat together, Jack puts his hand on his other hand at the same second Jate's fingers intertwine, Jack smiles on the island while Jack smiles at the church, Jack looks at Kate, while Jack sees the plane flying above and thinking Kate... I do believe those scenes put together in that way to tell us Jack was present in both worlds in his last seconds.

Last edited by *luthien*; 10-23-2010 at 07:30 AM
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luthien* (View Post)
But i think the fact that they said Juliet actually did see the afterlife reunion while she was passing away proves that Jack was also seeing the afterlife.

I mean yeah we didnt have a specific "coffee" line like Juliet's but we did get very meaningful transitions between church scenes and Jack's last minutes. I mean whats the point of transitions between the scenes if they are not telling us how 2 worlds collide in that moment?

Jack collapses on the ground the same second Jate falls on the seat together, Jack puts his hand on his other hand at the same second Jate's fingers intertwine, Jack smiles on the island while Jack smiles at the church, Jack looks at Kate, while Jack sees the plane flying above and thinking Kate... I do believe those scenes put together in that way to tell us Jack was present in both worlds in his last seconds.
Which is another reason why I believe that full-on Jate resolution had to wait until the end, because it would coincide with Jack's last moments alive, which were always going to be at the very end. While Juliet didn't plan to die so soon and to leave James the way she did, but what an incredible passing of life into death, KNOWING that she would see James again? That she was seeing him as life rushed from her?

The SAME thing happened to Jack and Kate. I feel like the entire last season was leading up to this pivotal moment where Jack accomplishes what he needed to, but that sacrifice is met with a surprise and a moment so much bigger than life. His love for Kate is the only thing that withstood him until the end. His death and his ultimate happiness landed in the same moment, and it's sad, but also truly breathtaking at the same time.

ETA: HEY PEEPS!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Erica!!!!

How are you babe?

Quote:
I feel like the entire last season was leading up to this pivotal moment where Jack accomplishes what he needed to, but that sacrifice is met with a surprise and a moment so much bigger than live. His love for Kate is the only thing that withstood him until the end. His death and his ultimate happiness landed in the same moment, and it's sad, but also truly breathtaking at the same time.

It's poetic isnt it?

Oh Lost... how much i miss you and your epic storytelling!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Ozzy! I'm good babe, how are you?

It's too much for me to even watch Jack's last moments sometimes, and it's hard to know that Kate lived her life alone. At times, I feel like Kate's life without Jack and the feelings surrounding that get more attention than Jack actually thinkin' that Kate didn't love him anymore, but learning after the damage has already been done, that she DOES love him still, and was willing to nix her own mission to stay with him. Her ILY made him SO HAPPY, but if he didn't have to choose The Light over Kate, things would have tipped the scales a little more towards sweet, rather than being square in the middle between bitter and sweet, but that's the EPIC of it all for me.

Both sides of Jate, are tragic, yet lie on a level of beauty unattainable by very few things I've ever seen before.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread